Of Cowboys and Kings

[BG="#f5deb3"]
"My apologies miss my information concerning this planet was misleading and I should have checked with Thirteen first before assuming my information is correct." Wash said sincerely as he wanted to always be on good terms with people it made his job much easier.
"From your response I take it you must be Careen it's a pleasure to meet you! Alright so the deal is, according to Thirteen there are supposedly ruins from an ancient civilization buried on this planet somewhere. He is from that ancient civilization and hopefully these ruins will stay intact! H'what I am asking for is permission to tread on your land if it turns out the ruins are there. Of course you will be given appropriate monetary value if I find anything. H'what do you think?"

[/BG]

[BG="#003f87"] Thirteen listened to what the human has to say and responded as robots should. "As humans would state, it is a pleasure to meet you Serril Nel inventor of things. So many questions you have, you are a curious being. As for what purpose that I was created that is unknown. As for who my creators were or are that is also unknown, other than the fact that they were far more advanced than any species we have yet to encounter. Much of my information was lost when my central hub was destroyed. Until I can find a new docking station much of my past will remain a mystery."

Thirteen finished his monologue after being asked such a series of questions and asked a question of his own. "Why do you inquire such questions human? Am I really that much of an oddity in this galaxy of yours?"

[/BG]

[bg=#5E2217]
Varkas

Finding a nice booth that was off to the left side of the main dining room, Varkas slid in opposite of Anny, and rested his cigarette in the ridge of the ashtray, and slid to the other end of the table, to keep the smoke from drifting into her face. His peripheral vision picked up the mixed glances that were sent their direction... initially looking at Anny, and then resting on him before the slowly moved back to whatever they were looking at beforehand. Glancing across his shoulder at the patrons, Varkas' tensed slightly, and eyed them all for a moment, though he didn't drill them with his gaze. Finally he turned his head slightly as to somewhat hide his face from the people should the stare once more.

Fiddling with the small metal hoop earring that hung from his left hand, there were greeted by a waitress who bubbly introduced herself as Donna, and slid them their menus before bouncing off to the call of a refill, but not before saying that she'd be right back to serve them, and give them some time to decide what they'd like. Glancing at the young girl, Varkas thought ~She seems nice enough as a change of pace from the folk here...~ Then looking back to the menu, he motioned to Anny asking if she saw something that she liked, while he himself had already made up his mind... he was simply holding the menu, and skimming it as a formality while his date looked her over.
[/bg]

"Ancient civilization, huh?" Careen responded, giving it some thought. She eyed the floating lil ball of technojunk he was affectionately calling Thirteen. When people thought of ancient cultures, they thought of dusty old tombs and packs of people that are barely even civilized. What sort of ancient people could make stuff as shiny as that thing?

Either way it COULD be just the sort of thing she needed for her foundling country. Uncovering history brought in all kinds of people. From historians, to students, to robbers and raiders and even tourists. Careen could cash in and collect loads of people.

"Aw'right. You can come along on my lil explorin' party in the mornin'. Bright and early. We'll be scoping out the site for my first city, and you do your whole researchin' thing for your ruins. Good enough?"

"You are an interesting being, Thirteen." Serril Nel answered with a frown. "So why wouldn't I want to know you?"

She touched her goggles at her throat thoughtfully before grabbing ahold of her backpack's strap again. So the creature didn't know, but it was looking for it's data here on the planet with it's human. Maybe she could poke around there sometime with them. She looked at Careen, "Me too then. I'm an inventor, I don't think you'll protest having me along." She gave them all a frown, "I'll be at the tavern in the morning."

Serril Nel hoisted her backpack and trudged back into her Inn, where she would sprawl out in the attic and doze on and off till morning.

With a cheerful smile on her face, Anny read through what the menu was offering. This was not an easy decision... It wasn't often she was being served this type of meal. All these dishes reminded her of home and of her mother's good cooking.

When the waitress returned, her head whipped into the woman's direction while she set the menu down. She laughed a little bit; that turn of her head made her hat tilt sideways and hair got in her face. It was quickly brushed away, the other hand adjusting her hat before she gave her order, "Glass of iced tea, please! And I'll have these here chicken and dumplin's."

The waitress nodded happily as she scribed the order down, also taking the menu from Anny, who flashed a smile of pearly white teeth. She looked down at the space of table below her, where her hands folded. Anny wanted to offer to order for Tartarus, but didn't want to be too helpful. His communication skills were impressive for someone that couldn't talk. He probably knew exactly how to ask for what he desired, so she distracted herself to admire the shiny blue polish on her nails.

[bg=#5E2217]
Varkas

As Anny finished her order, Varkas simultaneously pointed to the chicken fried steak, and a glass of whiskey with his right index, and pinky finger. Luckily one didn't need to speak all the time. The waitress scribbled his order down, and flashed them a smile as she took Varkas' menu, and said she'd be back with their order, and strolled off to the kitchen. Tilting his head slightly, he was narrowly missed by a man's flailing arms as he was tackled to the floor by another man, who then proceeded to punch the man repeatedly. Must have been a bar fight. Moments later two other man pulled the two apart, and dragged them outside, depositing them onto the street.

Looking over his shoulder nonchalantly, Varkas exhaled gently, shook his head, and then looked back to Anny with a slight smirk on his face. 'Guess we made it in time for the crazy. huh?' The waitress the returned with their drinks, and deposited it before taking off once more. Retrieving his cigarette, he took a drag, and exhaled it to his left, while he brought his whiskey glass to his lips, and took a sip.
[/bg]

The quarreling not far from them made Anny nervous. She lowered her head to hide her vision with her hat, so she wouldn't be caught staring. Part of her felt sorry for Majik... That poor dog had to be greeted by two men kicked out of the bar, while it was dark out! She made half a smile at Tartarus after those two were gone, then reached out for her tea, taking a sip. Her hand stayed wrapped around it when she set it back down, her eyes of brown staring at the floating ice cubes. She looked distracted, maybe even deep in thought. Her mind was always a mess of lyrics, questions and 'what ifs'.

With a slight shake of her head, she snapped out her thoughts, sending a charming smile to her date. "Don't you go runnin' off to punch a guy's face," she joked, winking at him. Even if the presence of violence made her uneasy, she could find something light hearted to keep herself calm. Anny could be brave when she needed to be... The diamond rings on her fingers made her fists a lot more deadly, she learned.

[bg=#5E2217]
Varkas

Shaking his head at Anny as she said that he patted her hand, and leaned back enough to exhale another cloud of smoke up into the air. Leaning his head forward as he leaned against the booth, Varkas looked back at Anny 'Only if you want me to.' His chest rocked by a muffled laugh, and he winked back at her. 'You alright? No need to be nervous.' As soon as he finished mouthing that, the jukebox began a new song. As the lyrics began to fill the small restaurants air, Varkas found himself mutely humming the tune, though of course it couldn't be heard.

'Ain't that the truth...' he absently mouthed, and lightly rubbed his eyes as he rested his cigarette in an arch in the ashtray.

'So, Anny... you got someone special waiting for you somewhere, or are still looking for your cowboy?' Varkas questioned as he coiled his hand around his glass, and swirled it lightly before taking a drink. It was a question that he'd been curious about for hours after they'd split from their walk, and he was really hoping to hear the lady say no, but figured a girl with that kind of talent, and those eyes would be the tell tale girl he'd just missed.
[/bg]

Anny listened to contently to the song in the background. It was something different from her usual genre, but she was open to all types of music. She still stared into her drink, letting the lyrics come and go as she sat there in silence. Had she not made a glance at Varkas, she wouldn't have noticed he was talking to her!

A sheepish laugh escaped her when she read his lips, one of her index fingers circling on the rim of her glass. "Still lookin'. Haven't found the right one," she replied, meeting his gaze so she wouldn't look so distracted. It made her bitter to even think about the men who attempted making her their own. Either they wanted her money, or her body. Or both. Moments when she was by her lonesome were some of the worst experiences. This was no time to dwell, because she was truly enjoying herself.

"How about you? You got a lady friend?" she asked curiously. She too had been wondering, just didn't know when the appropriate time would be to ask. Anny was hopeful the answer was no. He was entirely different from the usual fellows she was exposed to everyday, and there was some charm to him that she liked.

[BG="#f5deb3"]
"H'why yes miss that sounds quite good indeed, I'll meet up with you in the morning." Wash replied satisfied as there had to be some sort of ruins on this planet somewhere he just knew it! He turned and headed towards the inn and Thirteen followed nonchalantly. "Time for a good nights rest buddy" Wash said aimlessly talking to Thirteen "Not that you need sleep since your core has an almost unlimited power source but you get my drift." Wash went to the front desk of the inn and ordered a room, he was in definite need of sleep.
[/BG]

[bg=#5E2217]
Varkas

Taking another drag from his cigarette, Varkas then shook his head. 'Not for some time. Haven't been settled for longer than a spell.' He then added with a wave of his hand, and ashed his cigarette in the ashtray. Now rather annoyed that he'd brought up the question, Varkas didn't really want to get to talking about his past relationships, if Anny would be curious enough to ask... which he felt she wouldn't, and he'd give her the same courtesy. 'Never much been good talking to ladies... worse now as you can imagine.'

At that moment, their waitress returned with a tray of food. From the looks of it, it was probably horribly unhealthy, and that thought brought a slight smile to his face. He always enjoyed a good plate of food, and the greasier the better in his mind.

Taking in a deep breath, he stubbed his cigarette out, and looked back at Anny. 'Looks good doesn't it?'
[/bg]