Of Blood and Crowns [Sequel to The Dark Prince]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're going to hurt him.

Ethan -- like his wife -- also maintained his class in the dinner table. After all, vampire or not, one must never forget their table manners -- whether it be in civility or in the way you slice your food. He leaned back on his chair with a subtle smirk fabricated upon his fair features; arms leaning against his throne-like chair.

He looked down to the cuffs of his sleeve, adjusting them with his pale fingers. Two of his fingers were wrapped with rings of distinguishing designs: a blood red ruby on top of a weave of silver snakes, and a solid gold band with a deep blue diamond. The ring of the Valentine family heir and the ring of a King -- two brands of power he proudly wore for a past few years.

Ethan paused, placing his hands on top of each other before inclining his gaze towards her, "You are completely wrong about that, my dear." He spoke in a monotone, "Unless of course despite my refusal -- you will insist the issue, which I will not allow at all. In fact, I understand your means -- I can give you the world, but I cannot give you what you request."

What was he saying? That he was going to force her to stay? With that smirk on his face like this wasnt a very serious conversation. Like religion was something frivolous. She stared into his eyes harshly , an upset and slightly hurt look on her face. She tightened her grip on her fork. "Fine your majesty" she seethed with the up most sarcasm and began to eat.

She was boiling underneath it all. Her cheeks were flushed .

Of course he wins

'Does he think of me as a joke?' She thought to herself as she turned away from his expression, continuing to eat. "You can give me the world? .... " she asked him quietly and rhetorically, knowing he had probably already moved in soldiers to take over small countries beside them... and later he planned to expand his take over further. He wanted the world. That was certain. "Tristan is my world and it means a lot to me for him to be blessed, for you to take that away from me is simply heartbreaking. " she said softly, before remaining silent at the table for the rest of dinner. When they were through, silently she stood.

"Im turning in early for the evening " she informed him, before leaving him there. She went to Tristan, kissing his cheek as he slept before sighing quietly and sitting on her and Ethans bed. She lay herself down after changing into a sleeping gown and and positioning herself far from the other side, so that there would be space between them.

She just could not believe him. She lay still as the maid quietly lit the fire place, which they always did as the son was setting, it was winter also, so the air was getting cool. The maid then closed the blinds and took her leave.

Last edited by a moderator:
The dining table was silent soon after the Queen left, and all was left was Ethan feasting on food he did not favour by himself.

He watched the maids take them away, one by one, the abundant feast of juicy roast beef fresh from Romanian farms, pasta fresh from Romanian fields stirred in different compounds, and salads of field greens bathed in oil and vinaigrette were eliminated by some of the castle's many maids. Though the Queen was a vegetarian and the King wasn't fond of eating like the way a King should -- they were still brought in nonetheless.

Tradition, Ethan supposed.

It took him a few minutes to gather and conclude that it was time to tend to his frustrated wife -- he didn't appreciate the handling he had on the situation, but there was no other way to do it. Again, the proposal of revealing his secret was appraised by his thoughts -- it was a tempting offer, yet also dangerous. He trusted Anna, but he wasn't sure if he could trust with a burden like this.

Making his way out of the room, he proceeded into their chambers where is wife resided. Opening the deep brown mahogany doors, the figure of his wife shying away from his view greeted his way. Silence accompanied her, with whispers hummed by the flickers of the fireplace the lit the room dimly. Ethan wandered his gaze, before once again creeping them back to Anna.

He paced across the room, his hands unbuttoning the fastens that held his fabrics together -- slowly releasing his body free from them till his chest was bare, revealing a tone structure that never faltered throughout all the years of his existence. Throwing his clothing on the hardwood floor, Ethan sat on his side of the bed before making his way towards his wife's side -- caressing her locks that sprawled wildly against the pillows.

"Anna..." he whispered, before kissing her shoulder. Even though he couldn't let her do what she wanted -- Ethan didn't want his Queen to abhor him.

Anna was in deep thought when Ethan arrived, she sighed quietly and unevenly as she felt him sink into the plush matress. She felt him approaching her, and goosebumps appeared on her skin as he kissed her shoulder. They had been together 3 years and still the same effect. She closed her eyes tightly, as if to block out the hurt emotions she felt, while slightly leaning her back against him. "I just don't understand it" she murmured softly.

"What has religion done to you that's so bad you would keep your family from engaging in it" She breathed, shaking her head and keeping herself turned towards the window on her left, too upset to face him again. To Anna it seemed as though he wanted to just trap her inside the castle, her and Tristan. She wondered was his reason for not letting her go even valid.

There again, that question.

You can't keep it up for long Ethan, Anna isn't as stupid as her maids. Morgana's voice chimed into his mind from an old conversation. He made himself certain even from before that he wouldn't give into silly witch sayings that Morgana did often, but as time passed by they weren't really sayings -- they were advice. Morgana, though not as old as he will ever be -- certainly have life experiences he tend to overlook.

She would've been brighter -- smarter, if only given the chance. Instead of the dark arts, she would probably be a respected scholar should her skills be developed. Sadly, this age had no room for a woman unless of royalty. Ethan looked away from her figure, preventing any kind of audible body language escaping from his lips. He may be a married man now, but it doesn't mean he'll be too soft of a character.

"Everything." He murmured, slowly leaning his back against the headboard while lowering his eyes to close. It was an honest, yet subtle answer. Ethan still feared to confess, because he never really trusted anyone except for himself, Morgana and Marius . Though his relationship with Anna was going strong for a few years now, he wasn't the type to have a human confidante too quickly.

"I thought your family was Protestant."

Anna didnt know when the shock of him refusing her and Tristans leave to go would die down, she just couldn't believe how impossible he was being. She listened to his brief response, sitting up quietly and turning to look him in his eyes, daring him to explain exactly what 'everything' meant. Anna could not help but get the feeling he was keeping more from her than just a small grudge against the church. She then eyed him as he questioned her motives on going to rome when her family is protestant.

"We are. However protestants DO hold traditions too you know, I was taken to be baptized at a young age growing up as a protestant girl. Also do not forget I was sent away to a nunnery which consisted of half protestant, half Catholicism - why are you questioning me anyways? Do you think I would take Tristan to a place of holiness just because? No I have my reasons" she informed him as firmly as her voice would hold, before sighing once again and reaching over to her water which the maids had brought in, and sipping it as she once again turned away from Ethan. Anna was so used to him trying to make her happy, she had no idea how to react to his refusal to something. "The fact that you wont let your son decide for himself whether or not he likes religion is selfish to me" she went on, speaking on her opinion.

Anna then became quiet as her attention diverted to the flickering of flames which lit up the iris's of her eyes. She looked to be in deep thought as she spoke "I cant help but wonder... how deeply rooted this hatred for the church is inside you Ethan... and I want to just trust you as always.. but I cant help but wonder.. is it just you protecting me or are you keeping something from me?" She asked quietly, her eyes never leaving the flames.

Morgana was right once again.

"I don't have to make him decide, Anna." Ethan reasoned, lifting his eyes open to meet her figure. It was true, Tristan didn't have to decide a thing -- he was already meant to hate the church the day he wad conceived inside his mother's womb! But the trouble is, how can he explain this to Anna in a way that he won't have to reveal anything?

It was an impossible dream, but so was Ethan's whole empire.

Once again, his mind tried to find a way to weave out of her interrogation, and it seems like every time he did -- the more he was cornered down. This realisation made Ethan decide it was time to end the conversation for good, they were going in a never-ending loop of cat and mouse. But now it was time for the mouse to make it's escape.

"Enough of this." He announced, rising out of bed while grabbing his silk red robes -- enveloping his body with the exquisite material, "I don't want to hear a single thing about Rome anymore."

With that, he retreated out of the chamber -- heading to where his mind may lead him. No matter how headstrong Ethan was, a man must choose his battles -- that's the best way to win. On another note, it was hunting hour -- there is a battle waiting to be won.

Everything? Just what does everything mean??

But Anna had no time to question him, for he immediately silenced all with his next words, telling her he had enough of the talk and that he didn't want to hear another word, but then why come to their chambers at all running after her if not to hear her side once again? These were all unanswered questions as he proceeded to leave the room, leaving Anna there in utter disgust at the way he had treated the situation.

Anna decided then that the answer 'No' would not be taken very lightly. In fact Anna decided that 'No' wouldn't be taken at all. He would not treat her like a child -no. She was someone too. She was the damned queen!

Silently Anna covered herself with the sheets of their bed, and decided that tomorrow she would begin a new chapter of her life called taking things into her own hands.

Walking along the hallways was none other than Julius. Former king of Romania, he saw Ethan coming and turned around in disgust, but of course he knew if he did not face the man at least once, in their very awkward face to face confrontations that he would look weak, so he decided to puff on his cigar and turn back around as the man approached down the hallway. He almost chuckled at what he saw. Ethan, someone who only always kept a calm demeanor, seemed most irritated to say the very least. "Not that I care very much but I must say, its very surprising to see you out and about at this hour, dont you know its in bad taste for royals to roam the halls at night? Makes you look troubled" he spoke up, taking another puff of his cigar. Then again he guess he would rather have Ethan roaming around than in chambers with his daughter, even if it had been almost three years.

Ah. What luck.

Out of all people who could see him deteriorate in solitude -- it had to be the father of his wife. Julius -- the King who lost his crown and his pride ever so easily, by the man he once thought was something of a son. Well, he never really wanted to be branded as such to the old man anyway -- everything was just for show.

Ethan straightened, stopping in his tracks to confront him formally. Though this man was a lost cause, everything still must be done with finesse, "Much more troubled than a man with a cigar in the dark hours?" He retorted in a placid manner, eyeing the roll of tobacco cradled in his wrinkly fingers. What was Julius doing up and about in this hour? Does this old fool just wander around the castle like a ghost?

Ethan didn't bother to find out.

Instead, he looked towards the ground -- lowering slowly into a slight bow, "I am often sure you are always more troubled than me, my Lord." Ethan replied as he returned to his original stature, a smirk of many meanings played along his mouth, "Good night."

With that, Ethan went past his father-in-law, who would probably fume in helpless anger as soon as he realises what his statement had just meant. He may have stolen Julius' kingdom, but he still knows how to respect him -- for show at least, and the occasional mischievous wit.

Julius found himself completely and utterly dumbfounded at the boys response. If there was one thing that Ethan was good at, amoing other things.. it was comebacks, especially towards him. The two had been exchanging brief crude comments towards each other since day 1 of this marriage and reign of Ethan's which was all just completely wrong to Julius.

If he had it his way, it would be HIM who still had the crown, and HIM who brought Romania to its highest peak.. but then again, maybe it was a good idea for Ethan to rise, so that he could fall, because it happened so fast and everyone knows the quicker your here, the faster you go.

As he watched Ethan go, he seen another sight, a sight that made his stomach turn once again. Ethans 'Brother' strolling down the hallway -the man frightened him to pieces not that he would ever admit it. He looked as if he had been killing men way before Ethan appointed him head general over everything, and held that same cold aura and level of energy that Ethan had. The ghoulish look must run in all of their genes. None the less he was a man of class, and so he cleared his throat, stifling a small half smile "Evening" he greeted the man who looked towards the king as if he hadnt even seen him there -which he hadnt.. to Marius, Julius was simply a stick in the sand on an endless beach now that he didnt have his title -he was no one to be addressed, unless of course in situations like these, he addressed Marius first.

"Oh, almost didnt see you there blending in with the shadows... Evening" He told the former king who chuckled just a little as his eyes trickled to the bottle he held , full of what he presumed to be red wine. "Celebrating tonight?" he asked the man, who only smirked, looking up at the moonlight through one of the big glass windows. "Yes... a Celebration would you like some?" he asked the old man, knowing what he thought it was. "Ah no, I was just turning in for bed" Julius declined, not trusting ANYTHING from Ethan or his family in which Marius simply shrugged "Maybe its for the best anyways... good night" and with that Marius was gone, disappearing around the corner and making his way back to his sweet Morgana... having gone out and found the most snobbish woman he could at this time of night -those were her favorite after all, and bringing it into their room, he could see the curves of her silhouette through the black sheer curtains that surrounded their beds, he had only left her an hour or so. "My love... I thought this might help you feel better" he breathed, grabbing two wine glasses from the cupboard and pouring her a glass, and then himself. "How are you feeling now?" he breathed out in genuine concern for the love of his life.

Reactions: Lightning
Morgana still felt ill, her emotions were unwavering. One moment she'd be in bliss, then murderous in the next. There were moments where she would burst into tears or lay calm and still -- every minute was different, and it drove her crazy. She was afraid and out of her senses. Her rationality was degrading, and her thoughts were drowning.

How... How could she have child? The moment she woke up today and saw Marius' eyes -- she knew he knew. Then in a moment, she felt it inside of her -- stirring. It may be nothing but a little blob as of now of course, but it was there. It knew she knew it was there, lingering, crawling, and growing.

Morgana looked at her lover, before encircling her fingers around the glass in which was filled with blood of her favourite. Ah, he knew it well. Marius knew it so well. The scent made her desire for it more and more, it smelled so good. Even if she didn't kill it, she tasted the victory in the substance.

The victory of a kill.

"Dark days are coming, love." She muttered prophetically after a moment of silence, it seemed like as if the wind hummed her visions -- making her feel the chill of a loss. A defeat was lingering in the air, and knowing about it made her shudder.

"I... I feel like all of this was so supposed to happen for a reason."

Marius listened intently as Morgana began to speak, watching as she sipped on the alcoholic blood he had retrieved for the both of them -- he wasn't worried at all about the alcohol harming the child, after all they were already dead and so the things that human women couldn't do while pregnant, a vampiress could. Marius sighed, shaking his head at her statements as he thought of a clear and effective way to answer them. He decided to tell her what he knew, after all.. knowing Morgana it wouldn't be long until she found out anyways.

"I am afraid.. darker days aren't coming love, they are here." He announced quietly, drinking down the rest of what was in his wine glass before refilling it. "I was going to wait to tell you this until everything was calm between us, what with the exciting news that we indeed have a child on the way... however unlike you my dear, I am a vampire born without the ability to figure things out on my own, especially something like this. I was helped" he breathed out, twirling the wine class and watching as the red substance danced around in his cup. He then took the time to look over the intricate design of her dress. Many people wrote Morgana off as having bad fashion sense, but if they looked closely, all of her dresses were different and unique in their own way, some days when she was feeling more reserved she would wear something that covered all of her skin -dark colors of course, and sometimes when she felt more open she would wear more revealing outfits, the ones she was most notorious for. 'Whorish clothing' as the humans called it -they could call her whatever they wanted, Marius called it, being proud of the body she had. Soon, his eyes fell on her face -like Porcelain, she was fair, her eyes beautiful like almonds.. in his train of thought he got lost thinking of how their kid would look. Now where was he?

Oh yes. Informing her of what had happened.

"While you were in that temporary slumber, a woman came to me.. if a woman is what you would call her. Though she never told me, I know she was an immortal, she reeked of it. A vampiress... she informed me that you were pregnant while I was trying to feed you thinking that was the problem" he explained, watching her expression change. "That wasn't all she told me... she told me that Ethan's reign will soon be over --she said that his downfall is near, and that she had come to take him home" he said softly as he took one of her hands in to his, caressing it. "She didn't tell me her name, though she said fear not, our positions are safe, then without a word she left.. I don't know whether or not she was lying but... considering her statement of you being pregnant was extremely true.. I think doubting her would be a dangerous move" he concluded with a stressful sigh.

Ethan, what have you done wrong?.. or more importantly, what are you about to do that's so drastic, it could jeopardize everything?

• Love
Morgana listened carefully at her lover's response, scrutinising every little detail that he spoke of. Who was this woman? If anything, this woman was not just of any sorts -- this woman was knowledgeable.

She saw through the spells, each single layer of magic she casted upon herself day by day to make her body alive. Marius wanted child ever since they found to love one another, and since her womb was as dead as her cold body -- it took time and patience. Morgana was sure it could never work, it seemed impossible! She's been dead for a long time, and igniting her body to live was just to far-fetched.

But she was wrong, and whoever that mysterious woman was -- she saw it all at a glance.

"Are you sure she's one of us?" Morgana whispered in the silence, tracing the rim of her glass with a pale finger In her mind, she investigated her memories for the woman's identity. If she was a vampire, then surely, she would've met her, "She seems... Too smart."

Too smart, and presumably familiar with Ethan -- given her dare to speak of such things.

"Though I fear for Ethan, I fear she may be right, love." She reflected with much bitterness, her cheeks redder as her pregnancy awakened her sleeping organs. It felt so weird to be temporarily human -- the warmth, the rhythmic beating of her heart, and the life forming slowly inside of her. "He insists to be stubborn about telling that human girl."

It's been long enough since the two "married" -- and even had a son together! Yet Ethan won't budge, he dared not tell her, and the child they created gradually thirsted for something more than bacon and eggs.

• Love
Reactions: *Winter Air*
"Am I sure she's one of us? I was pretty sure.. what other kind of being would be lingering around Romania of all places? I would buy that this place is infested with vampires before anything else.." He murmured, letting his elbow lean on the dresser and his hand support his head as he looked down to his nails. "Too smart to be a vampire? then what are you my love? an idiot? if so then I may be dumber than I thought I was" Marius joked quietly as he straightened his stance, pulling Morgana in to him, a tight embrace. "As for telling Anna, well... I believe he had better do it rather sooner than later, that could ultimately be what saves him" he agreed quietly with her.

"I fear for him too" was Marius's frank answer, wanting more than anything for her to not stress so much on the subject. "However... as painful as this is to say, I believe that you're right -everything happens for a reason.. and though we should warn Ethan of the mysterious woman.. fate is fate. What is meant to be will eventually be, the only person I am concerned about right now is you and keeping you in good health.. this child is nothing short of a miracle, and I dont want anything to happen to you while in this state" he murmured against the black hair that fell over her ear. It was Marius's way of saying that Ethan was on his own as far as securing the crown.

His Morgana, would always come first.

• Love
Morgana didn't respond.

She didn't see any point in responding -- he won't understand. No one ever read her spells that way, so intricately, so analytically -- like she just knew. It was weird. People may see her chanting, doing suspicious things, lingering around dark corners -- but no one really knew what she was doing. But this, something so secret, so personal, was easily figured out by a phantom of a woman who appeared to her lover? What was she now, an angel? She ridiculed the thought. This place was too damned for such... Beings.

Which only meant that whoever that woman was, she was just about damnation herself.

* * *​

It was another day, and Ethan never shared his bed with his wife last night. Where did he sleep? Nowhere. He did not sleep, he never does. After spending an hour in brief, fresh blood hunting, he spent the last remaining hours of the night sitting on his throne till the sunrise surfaced. He sat there, pondering over countless things and possibilities. People were rather surprised to see him there -- guards and servants alike, sitting like a beautiful statue. They watched him, afraid to utter a word of any sorts.

"Your Majesty." bowed by one of the throne room guards, he came with a partner -- a kind of which that feared him terribly, he silently stood still on his spot at a column near Ethan's pedestal. The braver of the two stood right beside where he sat, committed and ready. Ethan did not respond to their greeting, he was dazed in his own thoughts -- his eyes glassy and his face so pale it looked like marble, that an outsider would think he's dead. No pun intended.

A silence followed, the room stayed so still and silent that it felt like time had stopped. Everyone knew his current state, but no one still dared to speak. It was getting awkward, and the brave guard who once so boldly greeted his king earlier -- swallowed in the dead air.

"My son." The king finally spoke. Eyes loomed his way, slightly frightened at his sudden calling. At once, the castle was brought back to life. The people that inhabited the room at that very timeframe felt like they could breath again, their king has made a calling -- it was time for them to serve. "Someone bring me my son."

• Love
"My Son"

His demanding and adamant voice called out to the guards and his servants who had been in a slight daze because of how long the king had been so eerily quiet. Many of them jumped at his voice, blinking a few times to register exactly what the king had just said yet the king said it a second time with a bit more force behind it and they all got the picture then.

They all raised quickly, looking towards one another to see whom would go and retrieve the boy, there were too many of them for all to scurry for Tristan. Anne the leading maid finally nodded with a smile and curtsied towards the king before disappearing down the long hallway the Prince's room. Anne moved quickly, reaching in to her pocket to pull out 2 keys to the double doors which separated most of the castle, from the hallway leading to the Royals rooms -for both doors though joined together, took 2 different keys that only the royals themselves and the head maids owned; . It was always locked from the outside though if you are already on the inside you could turn the knob and get out. Julius had set it up this way quite some time ago so that just in case of an attack that reached the castle, one could not get directly to the Royals and Ethan had never had this design remodeled, Anne assumed he liked it this way. One of a few things he kept the same.

5068908-Inside_castle_Neuschwanstein_Schloss_Neuschwanstein.jpg

Once Anne got through the doors, she began walking down the hallway, not looking on to the beautiful paintings that she had seen many times before, paintings that were of past Royals -they were the only thing that could not be remodeled. It was apart of tradition to have a king, his queen and their heir painted here.. and these paintings would surely be here decades from now, and centuries from then. She stopped at the King and Queen's door, unlocking it with a separate key and then opening only to find Anna lying there in bed, her eyes closed. So Anne walked over to the curtains, ready to open them as she did everyday.

"Leave them" she heard the soft familiar voice of her queen demand, her eyes still shut. Anne was worried about her queen, for she was not one to be nosy, but who could miss that the king had not slept in his chambers all night? were they having troubles? she dare not ask. It wasnt her place. "Tis a beautiful day your majesty" Anne replied with a smile, coming to Annas side and kneeling down towards the bed. "No I ... I think I'll enjoy the darker side of beauty today love, that will be all" Anna replied, smiling only briefly before turning away from Anne and towards the wall -a sign that she was obviously not in the mood to be bothered today. "Should I still send for your carriage by noon? to the theatre? you had wished to see a play..." Anne reminded her quietly in which Anna nodded "I shall be ready by noon.. for now, leave me" she instructed the maid who stood to her feet at the demand, bowing her head before heading towards the sliding door which would bring her to Tristan's room. The light from his window shown in to the room in streaks, illuminating only distinct area's which Tristan seemed to be avoiding, though awake he lay in his bed behind the dark curtains which circle it. "Tristan, are you awake?" she asked quietly, before removing the curtains and taking picking his small body up, placing her on his hip. The boy was quiet, only nodding and searching her eyes with his deep blue ones. "The light, it bothers you?" she cooed to him, closing the curtains on the window. "I dont like it" was his only reply, his words though in order, were a slur -like a child's would be. She simply ran her fingers through his soft hair, in which he smiled -the boy liked Anne. No other maid was to retrieve him, the boy was picky even at such a tender age to whom he gave his affections to. "The king wishes to see Tristan, I am to bring him to him" she announced to Anna, in which she beckoned them over, sitting up to kiss the boy on the cheek as a good morning, and then allowing them to leave.

Anne made it to the king quickly, carrying the small boy who still wore his bedding clothes. A black ensemble with gold lining. "Tristan Your majesty" Anne announced, setting the boy down on the ground and on to his two feet. Tristan happily ran the short distance to his fathers throne, smiling as he made it to his lap. "Father. Horses" he said quietly, pointing out of the large window to the soldiers riding horses around the grounds.

• Love
Efficient, just the way he liked it.

Ethan liked fast-paced work, in fact, he was rather proud out how organised his kingdom was becoming: one word moves his whole staff -- just like how a single flame flame can light a knot of firewood. He did not wait long, not very long. In fact he could've done it himself, he just didn't want to start a new day arguing about Rome with Anna. It has been centuries since he had been there -- his first and last time -- he wasn't going there again, nor will his wife and son.

Tristan was presented to him moments later. The boy -- whose face was in delight -- came scurrying into his arms. If there was anything that could break him entirely, it was the idea of any harm coming to his son. It was something he could never have should ever Anna be a vampire, or should she not love him the way she did. His son was almost his miniature mirror image, only seasoned by his wife's gentle aura.

Ethan reached out a curious hand towards him -- stroking the young boy's hair with untmost fascination. Though his face did not smile, the King's eyes glittered with wonder. This child was beautiful, this child was his.

"Horses." He repeated, following Tristan's gaze. They both observed the animals now, galloping, kicking, whining -- tackling in the glories of their elegant dark skin and soft, flowing mane. These horses weren't just simple stallions, they belonged to the King's guard. His guards. A group of men he gathered and trained even before he actually claimed the throne, after all -- victory is in preparation.

Ethan inched his face closer to his son's ear, his eyes still planted at his guards, "You'll have one of those too." He whispered, his deep English accent flavouring his hushed promises. He was the only one in the kindgdom who wielded words the way Englishmen do, while everyone else -- soon enough his son -- would carry something of a similar tone, but with the Romanian intonation. "Yours will be big, strong, and brave. When you're on it, no one can hurt you. You will be invincible like this kingdom, and you'll be able to take care of mummy."

He looked around the throne room, the guards may stay still but they hear and see. But the next things he wanted to tell his son were only for his ear -- not theirs. Despite the age, he knew well that Tristan was a very smart boy and he'll use that to his advantage. He was willing to use every non-lethal way to keep his wife in Romania, he didn't want to hurt her doing so and hopefully -- he shouldn't be needing such measures.

Carefully, he held the boy into his arms and stood from his pedestal. Guards cleared his way, motioning to the direction he headed -- the west wing which was on his left. Choreographically, they opened the door while remaining their statue-like posture, keeping their head up to salute Their Majesty. As soon as he entered, the doors closed behind him immediately. No guards were to follow, though he knew well they were just in the other side of wood. That was not safe enough. He needed a room.

Paces and doors later, he reached the drawing room -- the very same one in which where he found Morgana and his son dilly-dallying over tea, breakfast, and random stories. Ethan closed the door behind him, seating his son on the soft couch and settled beside him after. Once again, his hand found themselves tangled in the little boy's locks -- caressing them. They were just so beautiful, he was just so beautiful.

"Son," he spoke quietly, his eyes glazing at the boy's very existence, "Do you remember the nun at the gates?"

Ethan was quiet as his father whisked him away into the familiar room, looking on at the many paintings on the walls, and the beautiful flooring as well. He found himself smiling up at the king as his hair was played with, used to this kind of treatment from his father who looked down at him as if he was a bright shining star of some sort, despite the fact that Ethan rarely smiled widely or laughed without restraint like his mother would do. He received two different types of love from them, however all the same -he knew he was adored.

"The nun." The boy repeated, his eyes trailing down to his black and gold outfit, playing with the fancy sleeves, letting his small finger trace the intricate designs it held as his memory released to him the image of the woman who had screamed at him and his father -and though he knew not the meaning behind her terrible words, he knew she wasn't a good person by the way his father treated her. "The mad woman from the outside" he told his father, looking up the him and rubbing the sleep from his nap away from his eyes. "I member father" he assured Ethan, with a small nod of his head. "Mummy has paintings of her" he went on, thinking back to all the times his mother would pull out a box full of religious items she had salvaged once Ethan rid the kingdom of such things, showing them to Tristan every once in a while, with stories of Angels and Saint Peter. Of course, the nuns in the paintings were not the same woman Tristan and Ethan had encountered, but to a small child they all looked alike and dressed alike therefore they were the same person.

• Love
Paintings?

Ethan was taken aback by this. He was certain that he had rid of all things Holy in this kingdom: every cross, every church, every nun, every priest, and every Bible in this land was to be crumbled into dust. There was nothing of the sorts to be made visible under his watchful eye, but it seems that after all this time, he had forgotten about his religious wife.

Anna, his wife and his Queen, defied his very bidding.

But Ethan cannot show displeasure, not yet. He will not make his son despise his mother, no, that fight was between him and her. This moment was about his son, not Anna or her secrets. Right now, protecting Tristan was his current priority, and that will only happen if he can make the boy protect himself.

"Nuns come from a place called a church." The King spoke softly to him, continually stroking the little boy's dark locks. Tristan was just too precious, he cannot imagine what things those nuns would do to him, "You know what a church look like? They're big and white, with coloured windows made of glass. In the middle, there's a statue of a man nailed on a cross. His name is Jesus."

Just the mention of the man's name soured Ethan, he did not like mentioning the names of such beings. He wasn't fond of them and they weren't fond of him, it was a mutual understanding. With this in mind, he hesitated before continuing, "When you go inside a church, you will hear voices. When you hear them, cover your ears and run outside. Run as much as you can, alright? A church is an evil place, they will hate you. They will want to kill you... Because you're my son."

It was a brief, ambiguous, and certainly confusing for a little boy like him to understand. But the King did not expect a boy of his age to understand the complexities of the feud, for Tristan did not even know who his father really was - - or what he really is.

• Love
Tristan was quiet as his father explained everything to him -it was quite confusing indeed.. his mother would tell him stories at night sometimes , good things about angels and nuns, and even churches. However, here his father was telling him the exact opposite of what his mother would tell him. "Jesus." He repeated his fathers word - remembering little things he had learned about the man named Jesus.

"Jesus, Jesus, Jesus" he continued with a small chuckle, smiling up to Ethan once again before letting himself off of the couch and walking towards the huge window, looking on to the masses of people down below beyond the gates of the castle. "Father.. Jesus can walk on water, hes a magician" he replied to his father, nodding his head as if he knew this to be a fact, though his eyes still lay on the beautiful kingdom before him. "But my father can build a castle, and put people in it.. and make them listen to him, better than a magic trick" he went on, already showing the arrogance he will hold as he grows older. The small boy then turned back to his father, placing his hands on one of the kings legs "Father, when the guards come and say there's trouble, you go fight the trouble, so why do I have to be the runner? Is it because im small?" he asked softly, reaching up to play in his fathers locks which were identical to his. "Fine. I'll run.. I know we are different than them. I know when I grow up, I'll be just like you.. then, I wont run from nothing, not even magicians" was his last remark, a small smile on his lips.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Status
Not open for further replies.