Of Blood and Crowns [Sequel to The Dark Prince]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ethan walked the sunlit hallways of the castle, marching with two men that followed constantly behind his feet -- silent and stoic as they were told to be. The king crafted a frowning figure on his face, his brows moved together as his fingers laced his collar to a perfect fit. Finding refuge in the throne room allowed him only to have a change of clothes once Anna was to rid herself of the bedroom, and once she was nowhere within that vicinity, he would enter to bathe luxuriously and before dressing into freshly-pressed tailored wear fit for a king of his kind. Avoiding Anna has stretched to an extent, peaking a point where being found in the bed chambers at the same time as her was an error. He knew he could not avoid her for too long -- he would not be able to resist her for too long. But what answers can he give her?

"Your Highness," the guard behind him whispered in words only he could hear, riddled in a rhythm that almost felt like a warning, "Your Majesty the Queen is having an afternoon gathering in this area of the castle gardens."

"So she is."

A compelling feeling stirred within his frozen chest, a sensation which promised the next time he was to talk to his wife outside public affairs and keeping faces, it was the time he had nothing but the truth. He would have to tell her the truth. But right now, with so much stirred within his mind and the thought of that imprudent Julius still roaming around this castle -- it was all too risky. Even when dethroned, Julius had all the power he needed to create the perfect commotion for doubt. He had done himself the best to keep the old man quiet -- even if sometimes it required Morgana’s specialties -- but he had to keep the old fool sane enough to be able to animate himself in front of his daughter. As much as he hated Julius, the only reason he lived was because of Anna.

But he was more than sure that his trusted advisors -- like that of Morgana, Marius, and other faithfuls of the council -- would have probably wished him dead.

0jk3IeD.gif

At the far distance, a wave of fabric of colours entered, and for not more than a second Ethan caught sight of his wife in what seemed to be a extent of time. He felt his chest tighten and his jaw clench, his pace of walking slowed and his eyes glittered its predatorial gaze. He kept his distance even in the sound of echoes, his hands folded behind his back, keeping little chance of colliding into thick tension with his wife. From the spectacle of black he could see hovering above the green at the nearby window, a situation has occured, and as Anna and the trail of her other family disappeared into murmurs, he resumed his pace towards the open doorway of the garden.

garden%20Warwick%20Castle.jpg

Morgana had been occupied -- too occupied -- to find any immediate company in Marius at the consistent scrutiny the Romanian royals had reserved for her. They overwhelmed with words, words that she expected to blossom from the poison she had fed into their tongues. Morgana embraced the unpleasantries, engulfing herself within their words as she absorbed herself with her tea. It was not as frustrating as it was before, or maybe it was because of the desire to protect her child that purged her to choose better battles. She only had so much strength to compete with a small army of feisty human women -- and as much as these words took shreds of her dignity, Morgana held her anger in. She was not risking her child for an elaborate public scene.

Let them call her a witch, and a witch she really was. Even more.

They left her shortly in flocks like sheep, with the fabrics of their dresses raising against the sunkissed wind -- waving a melody of colours that glittered against the deep green gardens. Morgana kept without care, absorbing even the last of their filth, smirking slightly at the thought of Anna’s sentiments. Her words, like her relatives had echoed, pierced its own blade but at the same time -- the Viscountess could not ignore the bitter loneliness that filled the Queen’s words. Ethan had found himself a habit of keeping almost everything a secret, in which he thought even the most valiant of his charms was to be strength enough to sway his wife every time.

Anna was growing immune, and Morgana would be more than surprised if he had not noticed. It was Tristan -- the seed of a vampire that grew inside her -- gave her that resistance, that strength, and slowly there was little of that Anna who flustered at the sight of her father’s handsome right hand. The Queen was smarter than that now, but unlike that of her -- and maybe even Marius -- who found contentment even in Ethan’s secretive nature -- Anna was an inquisitive mind. She would have questions, and these questions bore little answers, and the person that could only give her the essence of the truth she’s been deprived for so long chose to hide in the comfort of his throne. In Morgana’s eyes, Ethan was no coward -- Ethan was a fool. A cautious fool. A man found darkness of the world.

“I despised her when I loved Ethan more than I hated myself, and I still despise her when I now love you more than anything else.” Morgana spoke softly as Marius helped her rise to her feet, ignoring the cursed promises her lover swore on as he told her how he stood there all this time. She watched the trail of grass in which where they departed, breathing within her chest, feeling more human than immortal. “But she is lonely, bitter, and alone. Ethan married her because he was mesmerised and she was the princess, but refused to rid of her in any way and kept her by his side. Ethan has seen too much to be like you and I, but has he forgotten to love? No -- he loves his son. It cannot be. Perhaps...”

She took an angled glance towards Marius, before taking his arm as they walk, paving the grass slowly like rustles in silent wind. The sunlight prickled, but the heat was not murderous. Morgana kept herself in her thoughts, trying to be at peace even if her voice saddled itself upon the rage of their criticism that crawled to irk her. “...Perhaps he has forgotten to love her properly. Anna is important to him, and I say this even with my irritation of her, but how important is the more important question -- Ethan.”

At an amiable distance, Ethan stood against the sunlight by the open doorway of the castle gardens. He looked stern as ever -- stronger, bolder, and harboured with secrets only a man like him could keep. Morgana could only imagine what more he had made all the time he is king of the land, the extent of his bloodshed, and the chill of his relentless ambition. They still haven’t told him of the woman that visited them the night she found out she was with child, and in her mind Morgana debated if letting him know was the right thing to do. Fate was fate even if she wished for him his safety, whoever that woman was -- she was nowhere as important as the collapse of Ethan’s marriage. A kingdom was only as strong as the people that stood for it.

“Your wife has a tongue and I will never like her, but she is lonely. This is not fair to her, Ethan. She swallows bitterness in your secrets, and you have been spending nights on your pedestal.”

“Anna is a concern, but not an immediate cause.” Ethan spoke like nothing broke him, and kept himself in perfect composure. Morgana did not see him stutter slightly, or his chest to ruffle at the edges of her words. “Morgana, do not concern yourself with my wife. She is stronger than what you think she is, and I refuse to marry anyone less.”

“You would if it made you king, Ethan.” Morgana crossed him, her arms folded and her cheeks in full bloom. The heaving pressure that embroidered her body was such a human sensation, and even in the slightest of her anger, her pale skin would tint colour seen even through the black veil. “But I’m not having that conversation, my concern lays on Anna. She cannot swayed, not anymore -- not even by you. You cannot keep yourself crumbling.”

“Tell me something I do not know about, Morgana. ’Tis my marriage, my wife -- my family. I am well aware of what Anna is and what Anna was, but I cannot stop her from than now. I can only contain her. Now, if you know well for your child, the castle is at your leisure to be used for your rest.” Ethan remained stiff as he spoke, allowing Morgana little to no cause to find fault in his words. They were everything cold in speech, driven by hidden emotions that refused to be read. She was more than sure Ethan knew she was trying to read him, and he too smart for that game -- maybe even too smart to blatantly confront his wife. But there was nothing for her to mend now, she was an end in advising him of her worries.

• Love
Reactions: *Winter Air*
tumblr_mg5hnzYEdn1rc9sfzo1_500.gif

Marius listened intently with his hands behind his back as the two began going back and forth on the topic of Anna -neither could be swayed by the other.. in a sense both were right. Morganas point being that Anna needed Ethan to once again put his 'heart' into their love instead of avoiding her. Avoiding a woman was a dangerous gamble indeed.. and with Annas wildfire of suspicions burning more fiercely each day, avoiding was a recipe for disaster. Ethan on the other hand was a man; a vampire yes, but a man -he does not want to upset his wife, yet at the same time he cannot tell her the truth. When in love and stuck in such a predicament it is more logical to a man for him avoid the whole situation. This way he can in a way make time stand still.. the only error to this method is that once time did begin to move once more... it would be a disaster.

"Ethan, Morgana, calm yourselves.. we are in public." Marius interrupted the two in a hushed tone, letting one of his hands slip to the small of Morgana's back he let his eyes sweet the perimeter of the area for any guards or near by listeners. There were none. "She will rest soon enough, but there is still a dilemma on our hands... this is no longer a one man agenda. The lives of myself, Morgana and my child are at stake should anything ever be exposed in any other way but the right way.. and neither I nor Morgana can just sit back while you waste away, trying to somehow beat Anna to the finish line as far as you becoming supreme conqueror and she finding out your secret. You must do what is right before this gets out of hand.. don't you see that your own family is on the line as well? think of your heir." Marius tried to reason with the man. He could tell that Ethan had a lot of things going on right now, but this issue needed to be resolved soon.

"You must go on and turn her soon. I don't believe you can simply let her go, or kill her. It is not in you" he pressed on, before taking Morgana's hand in his own "This is simply the only way, and let us not forget about Armand.. if he somehow influences her or Tristan before any of us can stop him.. then we will have much more on our hands than this. What we will have is a mortal who knows the truth and a full fledged vampire child.. or even worse a deceased half breed... you must find a way to keep your family together Ethan. You must.... Now then, come Morgana, you have been in the sun quite enough for today."

stock-footage-torches.jpg

It was becoming late now. Anna had put Tristan to bed some time ago, yet she refused to wait another night for her husband to return to her. The rumors were somewhat truer now than they had ever been in the beginning of her and Ethan's private war. People were talking, saying horrible things such as Ethan was growing bored of Anna, having affairs with the servants.. Anna growing bitter.

As for affairs, Anna knew Ethan well enough to know that this was the least of her problems, for if Ethan did not want her, then he would simply not want. Period. She knew that women were the least of his worries, he had a growing agenda.. one that she felt she grew closer and closer to knowing each day. However, those who were claiming that Anna had grown bitter were completely correct. It did not begin that way... first came the nights of crying and unwanted solitude.. the yearning to have her king next to her in bed, yet torn because even if he did come to their chambers, she couldn't even look at him what with the secrets and the lies.. what rumors fail to do is keep up --Anna was past bitter now.. she was barren.

Quietly and carefully, she walked down the steps leading to her private library -one that everyone knew as her study, yet it was where she kept every religious book or item she could salvage once her husband had swept the country of those things. Sooner than later she arrived to her destination, a tiny room that consisted of one book shelf and a chest full of religious pieces of art, jewelry and small angel figurines that were once placed proudly on her very own windowsill.

Anna paced to the book shelf, scanning through the exclusive selection of books before falling upon the one she desired: the bible. She found herself reading it more often these days, it was her only way to obtain peace of mind after dealing with everyone throughout the day. She opened it, sitting down to read where she had left off. In the page she bookmarked there was a note to herself about not forgetting that she would be having lunch with her father tomorrow -it was a lucky thing she had come down here, or she might have forgotten all about it.

Just as she began to read, she heard steps down the narrow hallway just outside the room. Immediately for fear it might be Ethan, she slammed the book closed, putting it deep within the bookshelf before turning to face the person, whose shadow she could see drawing near through the open door. "Announce yourself... the queen is in your presence" she yelled toward the stranger, who stopped for a few moments, before entering the room.

"Your majesty.. its a pleasure to finally meet you"

The cryptic voice of a man whose features were too familiar to Anna greeted. The queen was silent as the man approached her. He took his time, watching her as she watched him, the dark orbs of his eyes following her every movement, like an animal of some sort. He was beautiful.. his hair long, thick, and black, his garments dark but prestigious. He was no servant. Yet the one thing that captivated Anna more than anything else.. was the pale color of his skin. She knew these features all too well.

He circled her a moment, his aura was very strong, somehow holding captive her will to make a sound. After a few moments of taking her in.. he sat, as if he were her guest and she had been expecting him.

armand-interview-with-the-vamp-o.gif

Anna followed him with her eyes, watching as made himself comfortable, continuing to stare at the woman in front of him.. dissecting her with his eyes. "Please, sit." he insisted upon her in which she continued to stand like a statue for a few seconds more, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion as she remained utterly speechless. Regular questions such as 'What are you doing here?' and 'Who are you?' did not cross her mind in the slightest at the very moment.. something about his aura almost forced her to feel as though he was supposed to be here all along. A few moments more past, before she finally hesitantly sat down across from him.

"Tell me, how much do you think you know?" he asked, sitting back comfortably in his chair and waiting for her response. Anna had no idea what to say to this.. she had no idea what to think or do either.. all she knew for certain was that all at once there was a feeling inside of her of imminent danger, and also one of complete safety; as if this one man provided it all. "I know as much as I know about the stranger in front of me" she breathed out finally. "Are you familiar with my king?" she asked quickly afterwards.

"Quite familiar. What is it that you were reading before my intrusion upon you? was that the bible?" He asked matter of factly, in which Anna nodded "How did you know that?"

"I just knew. Im quite fond of the bible" he informed her "I love the thought of putting every single one of my problems into someone else's hands.. finding refuge underneath the wings of angels" he continued with a smirk at the corners of his mouth. "Whats your purpose here?" Anna finally asked, a question which should have been one of the first things to come from her mouth. "To cover you with my wings." He answered quickly, like he had been expecting that question to follow. "Listen to me closely your highness because Im a man of very few words, however the words I do say make much sense. Ive been around for a long, long time. I have endless wisdom of the world, and of your situation. I have known Ethan much longer than he has known me.. My advice to you is to take your son go to Rome. If you would like to know the truth.. the truth of everything, then you will go. You must trust me." he pleaded, taking her hand into his cold ones. Anna immediately snatched them away, a shiver running down her back from the frigidness of his touch. She stood then, realizing that this was anything BUT a normal situation. His touch was so much like Ethans and her sons that she was startled.. her eyes widening as she continued to back away.

The man stood as well, inching closer to her in slowly painful steps "Will you go or wont you? tell me, is it because you are afraid of me?.. no.. its because you are afraid of him." the man concluded, his eyes flickering a maddening ember color against the light of the flames. "Have you ever stopped to think that perhaps you fear him because you love and need him, and in doing so you have become his puppet.. doing as he says because you long for him to love you the way he did 3 years ago?.. only in due time will you soon discover that his patience for you is no substitute for the passion which long ago blazed in his eyes.. notice that I said passion and not love.. he is incapable of love.. do you not believe me?"

"Get away from me.." Anna murmured, knocking down the bookshelf to put space between her and the man.

"Ask him of the year 1471... ask him of King Henry VI his father... ask him of his cowardice elopement from the throne.." he informed her as he came closer, stepping over the shelf.

"Lies..." Anna growled, taking a torch from the wall and swaying it back and forth in front of her.. yet this did not faze the man. ".. ask him also of 1476.. ah yes, he will remember this year, it was the year he became one of my children.. and perhaps after this he could tell you about England year 1536 just like then, history will repeat itself once more if he is not stopped."

"IMPOSSIBLE LIES!! YOU ARE MAD!! GUARDS! GUARDS!" Anna screamed, anger building up inside her

"Go to him then! he will lead you into the path of destruction.. you see the problem I have with you and him is that you may never be one... we come from two very different corners of the universe mortal and immortal... life and death."

Then, within a flash of her vision he appeared before her, snatching the torch from her hand and throwing it to the ground where it immediately set ablaze to the books and papers which had been scattered about by the fallen bookshelf. He grabbed her by her hair, jerking her head back as he pulled her closely, bringing his mouth to the vein of her neck, before trailing his harsh breaths to her ear.

"Do not fret you filthy, disgusting, protestant girl... the smell of Ethan against your flesh mixed with that cursed book you were reading is powerful and it sickens me, so I do not wish to harm you.. half of these things you shall forget, but do you want the truth or no? go to Rome... WAKE UP!!"

"Youre highness! wake up! are you alright? why did you slumber in this place?" the maids voice boomed against Annas ear as she awakened to a pounding headache and one of the maids in her face. "You're majesty! its now 11:00am have you been here since last night?"

Anna stood from the chair, her bible falling from her lap as she slowly but surely came to her senses. "It seems I have.. " she trailed off, a daze coming over her as she marinated in the events of her... nightmare. She didnt remember much past getting up from her seat with the man who told her to go to Rome.

"Come your majesty, I shall run you a hot bath before lunch with your father"

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Lightning
rYBWmuc.gif

Empty.

Just as when Ethan brimmed with expectation of Anna being in bed in this time of day, Anna left their bed chambers abandoned at a peculiar hour. As his servants dressed him at the advantage of her absence, the king swept his gaze across the room in persistent restlessness. Where was she? Perhaps she had found and fought the heart to go to Rome? Impossible. Anna, even with the brave soul that swelled within her, will not attempt such an extreme. He will simply not allow her to, and he made sure of that confidence every night. He paid little attention to this matter, because it was one thing to wage a war with his wife -- and another to doubt their dwindling trust with fretful security that would suffocate her.

“Where is Her Majesty?” he inquired to the servants that diligently groomed him to impress, his face hardened solid while his gaze wandered consistently. Although he spoke briefly, the frustration refused to conceal itself from his face.

“We have been searching the castle, Your Highness.” one of the servants replied as she drew away along with the others, retracting to a slight and united bow as Ethan gazed upon himself at the mirror in front of him. His fingers fond themselves to fit his suit better onto his body, adorning himself with the eloquence of royal tailoring fit for a king.

“Find her.” was all Ethan commanded at the tip of their sentence, looking over to his servants with a lingering gaze before turning away from the mirror. As he made way to the exit of the bedroom, he took a moment to ponder on the pathway to Anna’s study as he stared at the steps that led to it -- tempting him promptly.

For a moment, Ethan wondered if she was there, and the possibility was likely. This castle was vast, but it can only have so much rooms for her to hide. It would not take too long for him to find her whatever she may think, because if there was anyone she could run away from -- it certainly will never be him. Feeding on the thoughts of his curiosity, Ethan turned his body slightly to move into the steps, but not long after a servant girl -- slightly ignorant and disrespectful of a kind as she did not greet her king -- rushed past him and onto the steps that would guide her to Anna’s study. There, voices echoed, and as the sounds resonated, so did Ethan’s alarm of the matter. He was more than prepared to aid to her unpredictable demise, but as the words became clearer, Anna has simply fallen asleep until this very hour.

Ethan swallowed his relief, straightening himself as he departed for his office. A false alarm. Another day was waiting for him, and if this Armand dares to haunt Tristan’s dreams was arrogant enough to cross him in that way -- Ethan was always arrogant enough to return the sentiment by making his kingdom stronger. A vampire king was nothing against a vampire king with better grounds for power.

hair.jpg

She stood at the hallway as the king passed from corridor to corridor, and for a moment, a ghost of his being floated across her eyes along with the guardsmen that swore to protect him. She kept still, fixing a moment of monumental fascination as she played that fleeting memory within her mind with a smirk angled on her lips. It was just every bit of everything she once imagined him to have -- the future he once had grasped with his hands -- a fulfilment of a past he once left behind. Ethan, even in every walk of life he tried to imagine for himself in, always had his beauty angled for royalty. He was born a prince, and that he always was. May he dress himself in clothes lesser than his taste, it was always his face that would give him away.

She remembered, fondly, of the day when his youth was human. Fresh, ageing, fleeting and vulnerable to the impulses of his soul. It was hard to imagine that man in what she could see now, for the that young man was nothing but a shadow of his soul. He appraised his soul into the darkness, and for him, she had done the same. “You are always blind. Intelligent, but blind. You can’t even see me, but I stand here, dressed like a servant. But I’m here, and you will find me because you need me.”

A chuckle hummed against her throat, and as she walked in her solitude, she tapped her finger lightly against her lips. There was a secret that lingered in her tongue -- greater than the secret of her being -- a secret that Ethan would want to know but she would refuse to tell. There was no advantage to tell, for the only way he would need her is if this kingdom was to crumble from the inside. Making her presence known so early, and telling Ethan about how she had witnessed Armand infiltrating the castle would only ruin her. There was nothing amusing about a prevention, and if this kingdom was to crumble itself -- there was to be no interruptions. She found little appreciation for Armand, but it should not hurt to keep him in her favours for now.

Only for now.

“You! What are you doing, standing around in this place?” a soft hand marked her upper forearm, and as she was to turn and end the offender with her death, she ceased in remembrance that she was in disguise.

Instead, she folded her fingers together and positioned herself to an apologetic bow to the Head Servant. “Apologies, dear Madam.”

“Make haste, girl, we work in such little time! The Queen is without her schedule, and it is our responsibility to keep this castle’s reputation polished perfect.” the Head Servant sneered, swaying the wideness of her hips as they walked the hallway together. “Prepare the bath for Her Highness, all must be perfect before she meets with Lord Julius and before His Highness the King finds fault in our services."

“Y-Yes. Yes, Madam.”

• Love
"How is the bath your highness?"

One of the 3 servant women of Anna's asked her as the queen closed her eyes, sinking herself into the hot water full of perfumed soaps, rose petals and lavendar. "Its quite lovely, thank you" She murmured, the steam from the bath rising up to fill the room with a lovely and intoxicating scent. Anna lay there, her thoughts swirling around inside her mind about the dream she had, had.. the strange man that had told her so many misleading things about her husband. It was very hard to remember details, but vaguely Anna remembered him informing her on Ethans past.. something with England, King Henry?... all of this struck Anna as hearsay, for the mind was a trickster, and it would fool you if you let it.

One thing Anna remembered clearly however, was the thing that the stranger repeated the most.. the fact that she needed to go to Rome. The answers to all of her questions lie on the result of her trip there.. and now more than ever she was prepared to go.

There was a knock on the door, which the head servant answered immediately, in which a young maid emerged, her head down in respect as she entered the room with a lovely peach colored dress with trimmings of gold and white -made of only the finest of cotton of course. It was long and elegant something any beautiful young queen would like to dawn over her body. Yet this morning, something was different within Anna, something that she could not quite put her finger on.. but it told the story of a woman coming into her own -standing her ground, and gaining the recognition she deserved as a queen who belonged to a conqueror. She opened her eyes for a second, eyeing the dress before grabbing a nearby sponge and beginning to wash herself slowly and steadily, her eyes never leaving the olive skin of her own body. "Bring me something a little more.. prestigious.. something that demands attention" She informed the young maid who looked a bit confused for a split second, since Anna had never turned away any of the things she was dressed in each morning. However the maid collected herself, turning to go and fetch the perfect outfit.

A while later the servant returned with an ensemble that required the help of one other servant. An alluring red dress with gold trimmings made of red velvet and silk. The other servant accompanying her brought a white throw over coat made from the fur of a white panther, along with beautiful red ruby's and other jewels for the queen to flaunt. Anna had been getting out of the bath at the time, drying off as servants around her combed through the wet tangles of her hair. Anna made her way to the dress... her cheeks reddened at the thought of wearing it, the back of it was sewn out, meaning her back would be bare -Anna never dressed this way as other queens would. She almost wanted to escape back to her shell, bring out a more humble ensemble and be regular Anna.. but that dress -it was just a little too perfect.. just a little to worth it. "It was a gift on your wedding day your highness, from Marie Antoinette, I had not brought it out because I did not know my queen would enjoy it... Have I done well in my search?" The maid asked Anna, her face yearning for approval "Extremely well.. as befitting the last of so many Romanian queens.. Excellent" she responded to her servants on delight, which they bowed, beginning the process of dressing the queen.

To go with the theme of the outfit, the servants heat-pressed the queens girlish curls until they were bone straight leading down to her hips, they then pulled it away from her face, pushing it behind her ears and towards her back, gnot only advertising the gilded youths beauty but also giving her a look of seriousness and authority before adding powder and blush to her face, painting her lips an elegant red. Once they were finished Anna took a moment to take herself in. She looked beautiful, fresh and intelligent. A queen who demanded attention. "Your Majesty the king is looking for you" the head servant informed her as she smoothed the ends of Annas dress with her hands. Anna only smiled, continuing to admire herself in the mirror as she was sprayed with perfumes and her fingers draped in an assortment of beautiful gold diamond rings. "I'm sure he is. I will see him soon, thank you" was her only reply.

The former king had been awaiting the arrival of his daughter -for he felt as if he hadnt seen her in ages. Ethan seemed to be doing a good job at keeping her occupied, either that or just simply far away from her father who had still not gotten used to being just another royal --especially when the crown was in the hands of someone he did not trust.

Ethan was evil to his core. He had fooled the king all along into believing that he was nothing more than a grateful right hand man that Julius kept close.. when in reality it seemed all along that Ethan had planned to take the throne. He knew that something about him, the Viscount/General, and of course the witch -was not right. They all rubbed Julius the wrong way, and he had planned to hire some sort of spy to uncover just exactly what was going on.. he had not thought the plan out completely, but it was in the works.

"Grandfather!" the young voice of Tristan squealed excitedly -which cut Julius's deep thoughts short as he diverted his attention to the young boy who ran towards him, only stopping once he had jumped into his grandfathers lap, hugging him tightly. Tristan was a good boy.. in appearance and personality he favored his father greatly -a quiet lad, with bright blue eyes and a handsome face. Yet there was still a softness about him related to his mother which he inherited as well. "Hello my prince! how Ive missed you" Julius cooed, embracing the boy tightly, as Anna followed shortly after. She was simply breath taking. Julius could tell that now more than ever, she was leaving behind the stage of her life as a princess and entering into real womanhood -being a queen. "Hello father~" she greeted him, curtsying before kissing his cheek. "Anna you look breath taking... more and more like your mother each and every time I see you" her father complimented before standing and removing the fur from her shoulders and handing it off nonchalantly to a servant. He then took a moment to admire her. "Do you like it? Im not sure if Ethan would fancy the coat on or off what with it being a bit revealing" Anna asked her father. "Nonsense, you are beautiful young woman and Ethan would be a fool not to show you off in this way" he objected before clearing his throat "Sit, sit" he insisted, gesturing for a nearby maid to pull out a chair for her. Tristan decided to stay in his grandfathers lap, playing with a toy battleship which he had brought with him.

"Thank you father.. Ethan will be joining us soon I am told" Anna informed her father, in which he simply twisted a disgusted look on his face before looking down to his grandson, ruffling his hair as he himself began to drink his freshly poured wine "Yes.. I would love to know what he has been doing besides invading the lands of our once allies.. destroying any type of relationship with any other country.. he wants to be totally isolated, and then take over the world.. that is not how you run anything, much less protect a family" the man grumbled. Anna was quiet, simply sipping her own wine, after sighing softly. "Ethan's approval ratings inside Romania are high sure, but that is simply because they are afraid of him.. his approval ratings globally our embarrassingly low. If he is assassinated what would you do? what would your country do?" he asked worriedly.

"Father.. Ethan will not be assassinated, and those ratings are low because we are expanding our country at their expense.. I understand your distaste for him, but you cannot deny he is an excellent ruler.. His goal is the same as yours was, expanding Romania, its just he uses force as opposed to your.. passivity. Anyways let us not talk any further about matters such as these, your grandson is present. I wish to take him to Rome to be blessed" Anna informed her father, who looked down to the heir, as he continued playing with his battleship. "And how does Ethan feel about that?...Anna, there have been.. rumors" he pressed, shifting in his seat a little as he held the boy in his arms. "Rumors that you and Ethan---

"Father! here and now is not the time" Anna cut him off, feeling uncomfortable with the way her father kept steering the conversation. "Ethan could arrive at any moment" she continued softly. "So? I am not in the slightest afraid of YOUR king my dear daughter.. there is nothing he can do to me, I am immune to his wrath.. as long as you are alive" he chuckled haughtily. Anna remained quiet, watching as the doors were open by the servants, signifying Ethans arrival. Annas hands were now sweaty, her posture wavering. This would be the first time in a long time that her and Ethan were in the room longer than a few moments with each other. She could not help but blush a little at the thought of him seeing her like this.. she could not deny herself that she was beautiful -especially today draped in this all red ensemble, as much as she did not want to see nor speak to Ethan at this point, she could not deny she wanted him to yearn for her. To miss her as much as she missed him.

Yet it was not ethan who emerged.

A man around the age of Anna walked through the door. He had golden hair, blue eyes and a charming smile. Anna turned to her father who looked as if he had been the one expecting this man. "Ah, Daniel I was afraid you would not make it" Julius piped up, watching as the man made his way around the long table, stopping only to take Annas hand in his cold one, kissing it and bowing for a slight second, his cat eyes flickering as he conjured a small smile "Your highness" he greeted, before sitting himself next to Julius. He looked like some sort of Aristocrats son, or a young land owner. "Pleasure to meet you" was Anna's short response, giving her father a look the demanded explanation. "This is Daniel, I met him in England one month ago.. after spending some time with him I find that he is very intelligent and his logic is perfect!.. I have brought him here to introduce him to Ethan, I was thinking that maybe the king could use some sort of... consultant, to help him with making decisions." Anna nearly choked on her wine at this -did her father believe that Ethan would hear any of this? that he would bring in any consultant let alone one recommended by her father?. "On the contrary my fair lady.. I guarantee after meeting me.. he will in the least, want to speak with me....alone" Daniel replied to her unspoken words, a smirk embedded on his stone colored, immaculate face as he gazed at Tristan steadily for a few lingering seconds before looking at Anna and eyeing her playfully.

• Bucket of Rainbows
ZvPJGWv.gif

Ethan glittered his eyes through the streams of light that dangled into the refuge of his study. As slips of yellow escaped the thickness of the castle’s curtains, he leaned comfortably against the softness of the cushioned velvet that graced into his body. There was comfort in work, in fact, he had always found comfort in the face of his goal. His impulsive youth may have never compensated such a quality, even his father -- as he remembered so well -- never expected him to reach this far and to be this powerful. But the truth in fact, was that no one had ever expected him to. The slow, inevitable collapse of his marriage alluded him to the memory of the past he wanted to forget. He had lived many lives in many ways, but the thread of a memory that made him once human never left.

But what mattered now was Romania and what was now accomplished, for the past has passed. Reminiscing an old life was not something he found himself to do at all, but as days go by and his mind drew closer to his success, the memories flow in slowly like that of a distance and irreversible remembrance.

“Your Highness.” a voice cleared into his doorway, trembling in tone as like every man who wished to speak and interrupt his idle thoughts. He had become so powerful, that even at the stroke of formal causality became something to be rehearsed to avoid error. Everyone feared death, but everyone found a greater fear in a death by his command.

He turned gaze towards the now-open doorway, his fingers tangled with each other, while stayed an eternal indifference of emotion towards the Royal Chancellor who stood swallowing. Ethan surveyed the man quietly, and in the pronounced silence, his refined hearing allowed the king to hear the man’s pulsing blood venture across his body, and the stir of fabric clashing in the layers of his clothes. Ethan blinked, but held his smirk from showing, “What is it that you must interrupt me?”

“You are asked after by Her Highness, about the breakfast gathering at the West Wing with Lord Julius, the Crown Prince, and a royal guest.” the Royal Chancellor tried not to stutter as he spoke, his tongue danced in tangles yet Ethan’s amusement began to fade. What lingered instead, was the echoing syllables that suggested an alleged ‘royal guest’.

The king’s eyes narrowed, his body slowly leaning away from his seat as his hands settled themselves on the arms of his seat, “I do not recall inviting anyone, or requesting you to invite anyone.”

“He... He is the guest of Lord Julius, Your Majesty.” the Royal Chancellor looked down as he spoke, as a shade of self-disappointment to his efficiency was casted on his ageing face.

“Then he is not a guest, he is an intruder.” Ethan frowned, rising from his seat as pulled on the fabric of his open suit before buttoning it back together. He had little intention in attending these little ‘gatherings’ with the old king, but the thought of a guest he did not invite pulled on his curiosity -- exceeding even his attempt to avoid his wife and her father for varying reasons: Anna wanted answers, and Julius is just a living and breathing irritation.

“Yes, sire.” the Royal Chancellor agreed with all of his beating heart, taking a step aside as he allowed Ethan to pass through the door uninterrupted. He followed the king, slowly, trailing behind his footsteps with an angled gaze and shadow of guilt.

“Lord Bathurst,” Ethan started as they walked, addressing the Royal Chancellor by the name he was rightfully given before assuming his current role of service.

The Royal Chancellor looked up, flustered by the change of address, clearing his throat as he straightened his composure as if the king were staring right through him, “Yes, Your Majesty?”

Ethan kept walking as he talked, the guard who stood placidly against the walls from his office doors standing straighter as he passed, “Before you assumed my role as earl, I was impressed by your defiance and support for change in the Romanian government. When I became king, I rewarded you well with my old title and being granted the role of Chancellor -- an esteemed position to tends to the affairs of the king. Because of such blessings from that of a king like myself, and as we -- together -- give Romania a future it can only imagine, I expect better precision from your work.”

“Forgive me, Your Highness, I will ensure a better quality to further satisfy your needs.” the Royal Chancellor mourned in an apologetic tone, but Ethan remained silent and unsatisfied. Lord Bathurst rekindled with better words, “I will personally oversee each and every affair of Lord Julius and inform you of unmentioned guests and activity.”

“Just as I expected from you, Lord Bathurst.”

The doors of the West Wing dining hall opened with the announcement of the king of Romania. Ethan entered the proximity bearing the image of the king he was fabled to be, while the Royal Chancellor disappeared quietly back into the hallways and the guardsmen closing the doors gently after him. He gazed at the scenery before him, his eyes falling first on Anna, his son, the old king, and lastly -- the guest he had never invited. At the sight of the mysterious man, Ethan felt his jaws tighten as he studied the figure with calculating eyes. He knew exactly what this man was, and because he knew so by a glance, the thought of that unspoken truth began to irritate him. First problem with this ‘Armand’, and now another one of such kind.

This man that sat with his family and the blasted old man of a king was surely not ‘Armand’. If ‘Armand’ -- with his eloquence of infiltrating places like that of his son’s dreams -- would wish to make himself appear, it would not be in this way. It was too subtle, too broad, and too indistinct. From his assumption to what this ‘Armand’ could be, he would be likely a very territorial man. He would want to conquer, not to play pretend in gatherings where he would only pretend to enjoy the luxuries of human consumption. Ethan’s eyes narrowed once more.

“I don’t remember inviting anyone in my castle.” the king spoke with ice, paving his way slowly into his destined seat on the table which was beside Anna -- something he had not done so in a long time. There was something estranged with being so close, but memories and the immortal scent of her blood made him crave her. Ethan ignored these sensations. At the table, the servants remember his preferences, and with that they offered him nothing but a cup of tea: Earl Grey, just like old times.

• Love
“I don’t remember inviting anyone in my castle.”

"You didnt, I invited him." Julius quipped, giving Daniel a reassuring smile, yet Daniel was not even looking in the direction of Julius, he was looking directly at the king of Romania, and seemed to be in something close to awe. "My apologies, in a way I invited myself... once he told me he would be having lunch with you I just could not resist, I am a big fan you know" Daniel explained, changing his position from a relaxed one to more upright, silently thanking the servant who put a meal of succulent veil, white rice and steamed broccoli in front of him, which he silently thanked with quick eye contact. He then begin cutting into his meat with perfect mannerism, taking small bites of the meal in front of him which he seemed to enjoy.

Daniel could not deny that with years of practice he was became very good at eating mortal food. "Nonsense, I invited him to introduce to you Ethan.." Julius informed the king, twirling the glass of wine he held slowly before drinking some. "Every good king has at least two or three wise men in his circle.. not anyone to make decisions for him, just to be some sort of voice of reason.. I thought he could serve a great purpose here in the castle." the former king continued to explain. Daniel nodded silently in agreement. "Not to mention hes English and I thought you might appreciate that -Also here in Romania we value almost all English things" the king continued, chuckling slightly. "Well as an almost 'all English thing' I am flattered. My great, great grandparents are actually from Greece" Daniel informed them while chuckling lightly. Julius looked on to Ethan -regrettably waiting for his approval.

Anna chewed on the inside of her cheek -she was nervous for her father. He seemed to always forget that Ethan was no longer under his wing, he no longer needed Julius' approval for Ethan was now his own king -not only that, he had been comfortable on his thrown for three years now! he was settled into the fact that he was king and therefore had precious little patience for Julius.. or even herself at this point. "He means well Ethan" Anna finally spoke ever so softly as she turned to look into Ethan's eyes. "You should in the least, hear what the man has to say" she advised her king, before snatching her self away from his gaze and indulging in the exquisite food in front of her.

Daniel finished his meal, before taking his cloth and cleaning his mouth politely. "I know it's a lot to consider.. However before you write me off.. walk with me your majesty.. you have a beautiful garden.. we will be back in time for desert" Daniel promised, a small smirk tugging at his lips though it seemed he was trying to hold it back.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Ethan wandered his eyes from this ‘Daniel’, and the old fool that was dense enough to invite the likes of his character. He felt Anna’s eyes to come across his way, but he tried his best not to return the gesture. In those eyes, the king knew more than anyone that he would see not only the very spectacle that was her -- but also the restless questions that fortified her hardened gaze. Ethan was compelled to endure, because he knew if he looked at those eyes he was going to tell her everything. But now, with the crawling infestation of uninvited vampires that found comfort in his castle, Anna’s ignorance of the matter was the only form of bliss he could ever give her. For now.

“Yes, so you did. Which makes him, as it is without my consent, an intruder.” the king spoke dryly, leaning against his chair as he gazed upon the Julius with heightened indifference. As he did so, Daniel’s esteemed enjoyment of eating human food caught his attention, “An intruder with an appetite.”

He looked over to his cup before enveloping his fingers on the handle, bringing the fresh brew of blooming leaves to his lips in a casual sip. An Englishman came to visit, this ‘Daniel’ was -- like him -- an Englishman. It would explain the accent, one that he would remember everywhere. A past that he left behind. Now as king of Romania, Ethan had thought about conquering England someday, but now was not the time. He was not friends with England, but they were civil, and once he was done with the neighbouring lands, England was going to be his best prize. There was, after all, a throne waiting that he did not claim.

“Now, Daniel,” Ethan began, placing the teacup gently back onto the surface, clashing porcelain to porcelain as it settled on its plate. He folded his hands together, silently agreeing with Anna’s advice to listen, he made time for this charade -- it was only worth his sacrifice if he saw this till the end. He eyed Daniel across the wide table as the man finished his meal, “Tell of me why I should consider to talk with you? Is this, perhaps, Lord Julius’ way of trying to pierce through my veil? Bringing an Englishman in the attempt establish some fatal, intimate connection to his fellow Englishman who happens to be a Romanian king? Fate is a fascinating paradigm to create such circumstances. But I will ask you, right now before we continue, is what is it you do that the old king esteems you so?”

There were simpler questions in life, and these were few of the harder kinds. Ethan acknowledged the value of privacy, but there are things he was willing to confront publicly especially if it gave him a position to possibly embarrass Julius. How dare he invite someone because he can? A vampire too. But then again, by the judgement of how Julius used to think of a man like him as his best right-hand man -- the old man was prone to bad decisions.

“Yes, so you did. Which makes him, as it is without my consent, an intruder.”

“An intruder with an appetite.”

To this, Daniel could not help but sweep his eyes around the room before bursting into a fit of laughter at the kings words. Anna and her father looked on emotionless as the young man continued. "On the contrary your majesty having an appetite is not the half of it. Quite frankly, I could devour the whole kingdom" he went on, chuckling at himself. Anna could not help but smile a little at this -it was nice to hear laughter echo through the castle walls; whether in bad taste or not. "A hungry intruder you say? what a dark sense of humor you posses your majesty.. honestly my skin doesn't tan well in the sun, and so I must eat well to keep my iron up to par.. it keeps myself from going so pale" He continued, a few chuckles still escaping him. Soon Daniels laughter ceased as he began straightening his stature slowly, a small smirk still faintly in his expression as he silently listened to the kings concerns.

“Tell of me why I should consider to talk with you? Is this, perhaps, Lord Julius’ way of trying to pierce through my veil? Bringing an Englishman in the attempt establish some fatal, intimate connection to his fellow Englishman who happens to be a Romanian king? Fate is a fascinating paradigm to create such circumstances. But I will ask you, right now before we continue, is what is it you do that the old king esteems you so?”

Julius glared at Ethan, rage in his eyes as he fixed himself to say something yet Daniel interrupted, holding his hand up to the Lord for silence. "The former kings intentions were not at all to establish any sort of connection with you, not in the slightest. To be terribly honest I am the only one here that desires a connection with you. With my 'expertise' in your situation I'm sure I could be of some assistance. I believe that Lord Julius took a liking to me because I am realistic.. I understood his concerns for this country.. and he appreciated that. However I also explained to him that I respected the way you work your highness. Your strategies are impeccable.. at the same time I do believe, not utilizing my advice could prove to be fatal all in itself.. it would be one of your few regrets"

Anna swept her eyes across the room at the guards, her father, Daniel, and of course Ethan. The tension was thick among all. Ethan made it that way -his presence and words demanded authority, maybe that was the reason he hardly ever wore his crown.. he didn't need it. "Please, before you write me off... I have some interesting plans that I believe you will greatly appreciate if you only give me an opportunity to prove it". Daniel went on, this time around he held an aura of seriousness, obviously not believing before that it would be as hard as it seemed to be now to convince the king. "Englishman to Englishman" he finished. "I am English too" Tristan piped up, his blue orbs glimmering slightly as he pulled his head up from his toy battleship for a moment, before going back to playing. "Yes and you are also an exceptional prince...you are many things" Daniel responded with a bright smile.

The exchange of their humour was grim -- sinister, to a respect -- as they made amends to the their true identities. They knew very well what they were and what it was they had in common, yet Ethan, even in all of his confidence, had many conspiracies to what this Daniel can bring him. Perhaps this was another warning about Armand? Or, perhaps, a man of Armand’s? There was a vast stretch of possibilities that yearned to linger, and although this stranger attempted to flatter him with the proclamation of being on his side -- Ethan always knew better than to sway to such flattery. Unlike the typical monarch whose path of ascension was inevitable regardless of how clever or foolish he was, Ethan ascended from a longer journey that made him wiser from deceit.

The king allowed a small silence to linger, a display of a game as he pretended to study the man a little more even if he had an lining of his intention. He had made a play of letting Julius have a harder time to slither around now that he was dethroned, and because of the foolishness of the old king, Ethan made a helpless habit of letting him stir in circles. Placing an exaggerated amount on Daniel as a factor in play, and although he had heard enough of the man, stressing more of his suspicion was just something he did to irk Julius further. Ethan glanced at his son who had spoke earlier, his little light -- his sense of innocence in the stir of his darker universe.

“You are a peculiar character,” Ethan left no room for flattery, and kept his steady as he watched Daniel like a predator would to its prey, before letting his gaze fall onto his teacup. The king brought the porcelain piece onto his lips once more, meeting his senses with blandness of water he could only wish was blood, “And yet, as a man who used a person such as Lord Julius as leverage -- a device, of sorts -- to meet me at such a time of day in a very intimate setting, I cannot help but be intrigued.”

It was true. No matter how civilised, well-mannered, and light-hearted this Daniel was speaking in tone -- he still used Julius to his advantage. A dirty plot, but when it came to that of Julius, nothing really mattered. He was an old man now, and with nothing but the hold from his daughter with little to do and little say in his kingdom. Ethan embarked upon his decision to talk with this Daniel because of his slight amusement with how he played Julius, and also, helping his slight curiosity of whatever it is this man wishes to discuss with him so privately.

Before rising, Ethan stiffened slightly on his seat -- an action only someone who sat closely to his side would see -- as he trailed his eyes slowly towards Anna’s figure. The king felt his jaws clench, but his exterior remained calm as ever. He refused to look at her anywhere near her face, despite even the extravagance of the beauty she was today. It was a tempting offer to gaze upon her, but those eyes wanted something he cannot give. “Anna.”

He spoke her name for it was the only thing he could say. A small courtesy, a gesture from a love, before allowing himself to be excused from the table. Her presence was the only thing that was significant to him, for Julius was another case, another time.

Ethan settled himself on both feet as he rose from his seat, stepping away from his place at the table as servants gathered hastily to attend to his abandoned place. Slowly, he paced towards the open door in the room that led towards the vast, lush gardens of the castle. The golden sun would prickle him, but so will the man that wished his audience. Ethan was not one to wait around for guests who wish to see him, and so without another word, he kept walking till he was out of the room and into the gardens. The sun, deep in the rays of its immortal heat, began to bathe him of its wrath. It stung, but it did not destroy him. Now if this Daniel was as determined to talk to him as he expected him to be, it would not be long before those grass-riddled footsteps would be within earshot.

Daniel finished his last bit of wine, before standing and brushing off his coat. "A pleasure to meet you my queen" he said with a slight bow, before turning to Julius, a small smile barely noticeable etched across his face. "I will do my best" were his only words to the former king, who nodded sharply, a smile on his own face as he must have felt very good about his decision to bring Daniel to Ethan.

Foolish old bastard. This was much easier than I had thought it would be...

Daniel pondered quietly to himself as he exited the room. It partly upset Daniel that it had been so easy to reach the king, he had half hoped to be stopped at the castle gates and be man handled in some long hard process to determine whether or not he was a threat at all, or even a quick review to see if he was simply fit to see the king. This let Daniel know there was a lot more work to do then he initially expected.

Soon enough, he was in the kings presence once again, joining beside him as he marveled at the at the beauty of the garden. "Ive heard the stories of your fall in England, every British vampire has but I must say I am highly impressed. Who knew you would make such a name for yourself once again?" he complimented the king as he reached into his coats inner chest pocket, pulling from it a thick medium sized piece of paper which had been folded and sealed. "The old king was easy to sway, yet you almost ruined my plans what with your subtle confession on my behalf, on how I used him.. you play a very dangerous game.. let us not waste any more time" Daniel finished; removing the seal from the paper and then unfolding it. There in his hands lay a map with writings all over it. Daniel then retreated to his pocket once more for a pen. "Before we go on I think its highly important to inform you that England has its eyes on you..."

he trailed off, using his pen as a pointing object as he settled the tip at England on the map. "This time period for art is one of portraits.. who can paint the most glorious pictures of faces; and because of your great success you have become the object of many painters aspirations. A painting of you made its way to England and into the hands of the King by the fool Julius who went on and on about you in a negative light.. I am a duke so I was in attendance.The king of England refused to take his eyes off of your picture.. the story of your rise and fall is one in the history books of England. I do believe that he knows exactly who you are. Lucky for you, I like the idea of an immortal ruler... your reign will give vampires everywhere a sense of empowerment.. regardless if that is your goal or not" Daniel explained, clearing his throat and moving his pen once again over the map.

europrrr_zps7ghab8re.png

"Please, excuse the poorly drawn outline.. I was on the back of a horse when I drew it" he chuckled out, pointing at the X's around the map. "This represents all of the countries you have already conquered.. Bulgaria, Hungary, Slovakia, and so on.. you have done well but it is time to think bigger Ethan.. If the English confirm that you are the vampire which they banished years and years ago -they will inform neighboring countries and start war." He informed the king before him, glancing to meet his eyes for only a second before continuing. "However they dont have any strong evidence.. it would take months -maybe even years for them to get a spy on Romanian soil, someone to find out if you really are who you are that is, IF you reinforce your border laws and make it difficult for them to pass." Daniel explained.

"With that in mind the time is now for you to take as much land as possible. I believe you should start in Belarus. Lead your soldiers to the border of Ukraine, then simply take the border up towards Belarus. Taking Belarus and Poland will not be difficult, its Germany and France you must worry about.. those two countries bicker constantly yet when they are in turmoil they link together like cowards.. so you should confuse them. Send your army down towards Italy.. take Italy. Not only will that give you immense power it would also give you some sort of personal victory, after all Rome is the most holy city in this world.. once Italy is secured you go up and around the pacific into France and Germany, cutting them off from any sort of outside help. By this point you should be powerful enough to take France and Germany down. Going into Italy would throw them off and they would relax their security. So the element of surprise would be in your favor. It would be a bloody battle but you would prevail.. That is, if you follow my steps. Once you have taken Germany and France, Spain will likely come around without a fuss.. you can only guess what comes next.. England of course. If you successfully take England.. then Europe is yours, all of the small neighboring countries will likely surrender after you have cut their food and trade supplies off... let us just say that if you accept my plan now.. this will be the map the next time you look at it"

He informed Ethan, turning the map over on its back. Once finished, he folded the piece of paper and put it back in chest pocket. He left a few moments pass for it all to sink into the Romanian kings system before continuing.

kk_zps3jkazrga.png

"Now then, if you do like my plans I will need a few things from you. To start off with I'll need your trust, I'll need a title so that I have the trust of your people.. and I shall also need permission to kill Julius, lest he be a greater threat than assumed" Daniel concluded, looking toward the king for his response. "What do you think of my plans?"

"Father I will hear no more of this!" Anna screamed across the room at her father, whom she had been in a heated argument with from the time that Ethan and Daniel had left. Anna handed her son off to a nearby maid, who quickly removed the young boy from the scene. "Look at the way he treats you Anna! he casts you to the side like a stick in the sand! the only time you had ever held any value to him was when he was striving to be king! You have given him his throne, you have given him his heir --what more do you think he wants from you?!" Julius's voice boomed as he slammed his fork and knife down beside him -his appetite lost. "He never planned to be king it just happened father! he loves me..." Anna responded softly, her voice cracking as she looked down to the pool of soup in front of her.

"Oh please Anna! he loves power.. I should have told you this a long time ago yet I never had the time.. Before you two were married, it had been the plan all along. It would have never been your decision Anna" Julius confessed with sympathy in his eyes as he stood, making his way slowly towards Anna, who now held a solid glare in her eyes, silently waiting for her father to continue. "Judas as you know did not necessarily like the way I ran the country, and since he had many connections, he informed Ethan that he should woo you in order to obtain the throne.. once that was done, he arranged for Ethan and I to meet with the high nobles.. your relationship with him proved to be in high favor of them, that and the fact that they all simply despised me for my politics.. and so they overthrow me.. Enter Ethan with the crown" he mumbled, gesturing towards the door in a symbolic manner.

Anna was quiet, looking towards her father in disbelief, speechless at what he was telling her. "I remember... sitting in the gardens with him on some occasions and it would be you and Judas who would supervise from afar.. you were involved in those plans" she accused him, her eyes swelling a little. Julius sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose stressfully. "It all happened so fast Anna.. at first Judas presented me the plan as if it was only a way to secure the throne for when I stepped down, then it turned out to be an overthrowing.. and Ethan gladly obliged, I tell you the truth because I can no longer hold my tongue" the former king explained.

"First mother dies and you send me away to a nunnery for 12 years, then you marry me off to a Tyrant.. trouble holds you to me" Anna seethed, throwing her wine glass towards the wall, the shattering noise made even the guards beyond the room flinch. "I sent you to a nunnery as a way of protection and guidance.. I married you off thinking it was for the best.. love holds you to me" Julius sorrowfully spoke, his eyes saddened by the sight of his daughter, literally crumbling before him. Anna stood now, shaking in anger she glared at her father a few moments before turning to leave, only stopping once she was at the door.

"You wanted it so badly and now here it is: I hate you both" she informed him, rushing from the room towards her own as Julius stood with his head hung in shame. Anna was determined now more than ever to take her son to Rome, the dream she had, had was surely some sort of bad omen of what was to come if she were to simply not go. As she paced she tried to remember the mans words from her dream -the things he had said to her.. yet she had forgotten. Just then a servant came into view -one she had not seen before, a fresh young girl with bright red hair and a distant gaze, one that in Annas eyes, begged to be put to work.

"You there, servant girl!" Anna called to her. "Follow me" she demanded the girl, rushing past her and down the hall until they arrived at her door. Anna waited patiently for the servant to realize it was her duty to open the door -she seemed very distant, almost as if she knew not what she was doing. Anna rushed past her then, pointing toward her closet "Prepare me a traveling bag for Tristan and myself. Fill it with necessities, enough for 3 days." she ordered the girl as she herself began to look for something amongst the drawers. She had decided that in the next few days.. she would go to Rome

• Bucket of Rainbows
The grass-riddled footsteps arrived with a presence, met with the expectation Ethan held within himself when he decided to talk with the man. There were many things to say, and what happened at the dining hall was nothing but mere greeting. An amount of silent greetings decorated their prior conversation, but what happens from then on remains an exchange kept with one another. That is, of course, dependent on the assumption that this Daniel was the kind of man who kept his mouth silent. Everything that was to happen at this point was a test as well as a speculation, as king -- he was going to watch this man quietly from now on as he explains himself. Every man who dared to present himself so aggressively always harbours some reason for being.

When Daniel finished with his explanation, Ethan kept wandered eyes on the map without glancing at the enthusiastic mind behind the elaborate display. By following his eyes in every intricate line that hovered over the map that drew his kingdom, it was more than evident that Daniel had thought this through -- not in day, maybe more. There was a generosity with the way he spoke, a clawing perspective and intrigue, and Ethan compelled himself to speak, “Why are you doing this? What is it that drives you so?”

He withdrew his eyes from the map, placing his hands behind his back as he locked his wrist with the grasp of his other hand. “England was a small ride, but a century to diminish a memory. Withdrawing so simply was not wise, and I was younger and more careless. I am many things, and things I wish to have, I made sure to wait longer than I should.”

Ethan held his tongue with any mention of him being once destined for the English throne in his youth. It was not a tale widely so known, and as most vampires only remember his fall in England after a 7-year attempt on the throne, he preferred the ignorance on the matter. It was not a worthy subject, anyway. It simply was not him anymore.

“Now, I understand your concern. But what boggles me...” the king trailed fora moment, pacing away from Daniel and towards the flowing fountain water that cycled bottom to top within its stone basin. The sun heated the unshadowed corners of his skin, but at deep thought, they pay him little nuisance, “...is the decision to take Italy at such an early rate. Why is it, that you think it wise if we attacked Rome first? Wouldn’t it be, at best, quite suspicious in action? As much as it sours me so, there is huge favour for... That particular religion beyond the realms of Romania and its territories. This can possibly, and might only, create a domino effect. Unconquered realms, after all, are still large despite the dwindling numbers.”

The king stood for a moment in contemplative thought, his ears widespread in hearing even the littlest of things. From the morning the breeze, to the trickle of water, and to the rustling footsteps that moved within the dining hall. There was a commotion, and he could sense it, but whatever it was -- he was sure to blame Julius for it all. Although he tried to maintain a calculating emotion, Ethan perceived the tension that pressed within the room when he entered for the first time. What he was hearing now, even when he was in the gardens with a determined stranger, was merely a side effect of emotional explosion. His castle was in turmoil and he knew it, but he will never allow it crumble. Anna wouldn’t dare.

“As for strengthening the border, that is a plan in the making, but your suggestions are worthy to be inspected. If you are to wonder why I talk of it so openly, it is because if your purpose is to cross me, I will make sure you don’t get out of here alive. So let me ask you again...” Ethan worded his sentences with exact measure, and all without any diversions. “Why are you trying to help me?”

• Love
Daniel listened to the kings expected concerns, pacing slowly with his hands also clasped behind is back -his eyes shooting daggers towards the ground as he watched before his eyes the bottom of his white and gold shoes become slightly darkened by the stray dirt and leaves which had found its way on the stone path throughout the garden. Daniel was very thorough when it came to cleanliness -a gallant man and a perfectionist, who had grown up in an aristocratic environment and he stayed true to that.. even if it was short lived what with the dark kiss he was granted at the tender age of 23, however that was a story for another time.

“...is the decision to take Italy at such an early rate. Why is it, that you think it wise if we attacked Rome first? Wouldn't it be, at best, quite suspicious in action?'

"How so?" Daniel asked curiously, refraining from his stroll once the king had stopped in his own tracks.

'As much as it sours me so, there is huge favour for... That particular religion beyond the realms of Romania and its territories. This can possibly, and might only, create a domino effect. Unconquered realms, after all, are still large despite the dwindling numbers.'

"Your majesty with all due respect I don't think you heard me clear enough so allow me to reiterate the facts" was Daniels blatant response. "The king of England knows about of you, My plan is impenetrable. Your worries are nonexistent. Italy will only be taken after Belarus and Poland... this way there will be no suspicion. Furthermore I am trying to hide the fact that you are a vampire, I am not necessarily trying to hide from other countries that your plans are to take complete control of Europe. I yearn for them to know it... I simply wish to do it in a way that reveals itself too late for them. The religion of Italy -Rome in particular, is soon to be a fleeting one.. there is a new age dawning, one of enlightenment. The people are demanding emphasized reason, analysis, and individualism rather than higher powers. New gods are being born and worshiped each century and the people of Italy -no, the people of the world are beginning to catch on to this"

Daniel explained "However... if it frightens you so harshly we may skip Italy and invade France instead.. if we do this you must be very prepared to take on an already very prepared Region.. its either that or you skip these countries entirely and go straight for England.. My ideas are simply a rough draft for now, but either way we must exterminate the king of England before he can take action against you. As Ive said it would take years for him to confirm his hunch, but dont let that ease your mind. The new king of England is a young sharp lad. One who knows his history. And like any young ruler he yearns for action, to prove himself worthy of his throne and what better way to do this rather than take out an old vampiric foe of his land..?" Daniel went on quietly.

"In the wise words of King Lear from the tragedy written by Shakespeare himself.. 'He is mad that trusts in the tameness of a wolf' " The charming vampire finished, flashing a charming smile at women of the queens court as they strolled by with flirtatious expressions. He then directed his attention back to the king, Once the threats were spewed his face was solemn.

"Say I was here to cross you -how would you dispose of me?.. The death of a vampire is not a quiet one.. would you demand that all holy objects be returned to Romanian soil? burn me at a stake with them? Or like the great mountains and volcanoes that surround your precious country, would you beg the devil that the very ground erode beneath me?.. I am immortal the same as you and if ever you happen to destroy the likes of me you had better be certain I am dead -ah and I would prefer a tomb of gold" he went on, dreamily. Some vampires fancied the Idea of being immortal, others would invite death if ever it knocked.. Daniel was somewhere in between.

"I help you because I am a vampire still teething. I was unwillingly turned a year ago.. and if I am bound to spend the rest of eternity walking this earth in the prime that is my youth -I would much rather do it in style." he explained, removing a few stray blond hairs from his line of site. "What better style than contributing to the supreme conquest benefiting vampires everywhere?"

"A French teacher you say? ah what a lovely thing! it is always good for little ones to learn second and third languages -especially royal little ones." The plump maid informed the visitor who trailed slowly behind her, looking at the many works of art painted and hung to be reminders of kings and queens who had come and gone. "Oui madame." Was the mans quiet reply as the maid fiddled with the keys in her hand, stopping at the double doors which separated the Royals quarters from the rest of the castle. The man smiled at this, peering in slightly as the was door opened. "Now then, I will go and fetch the boy, you stay put monsieur~" she teased lightly with a giggle before closing the double doors behind her and leaving the visitor to himself for the moment.

He took this time to gaze more thoroughly at the painting of Ethan with his son in his arms and his wife at his side. To him none of their expressions held an ounce of true happiness -more so, haughtiness and pretentiousness.

"What is it that you think you've succeed at doing Ethan?" he asked aimlessly -and not a moment too soon, for the maid had returned with Tristan on her hip. Tristan's face lit up at the sight of the man before him, reaching his arms out so that he may be taken by the man.

"Armand!" he squealed in delight, which the man simply smiled back, holding out his own arms so that he may take the boy. "Before that I'll just need whatever letter of permission the king has surely given to you" the maid asked with a bright smile. "Letter of permission?.. unfortunately the king gave me no such thing, yet we can walk together and receive his confirmation of my presence" he explained, his voice like symphony of words strewn together. The maid was in awe of this, blushing fiercely as she nodded -handing him the boy who seemed to yearn for the man so badly. She then began pacing down the hall to lead the visitor to the king. Armand did not follow, instead he held Tristan for a brief second, pressing the boys nose like a button playfully before settling him down on his own two feet. Armand and Tristan then watched as the woman continued making her way down the hall -not even looking behind to see if they were actually following.

The maid had continued to pace humming as she went. She was just about to turn the corner -yet there was Armand, leaning out swiftly from behind it. "Oh!" The servant breathed out in a shaky tone, her startled stance wavering as she looked behind her to see that neither Tristan nor the visitor were there any longer. When she turned back to face the man who had just done an impossible thing , he swiftly took her throat in his grasp, choking her quietly -he squeezed too hard for a noise to escape her. Slowly she sunk, until she had been brought to her knees -his blank stare never leaving her own helpless one. "....Au revoir Madame" he spoke softly, before ending her life with a stomach-churning crack, the result of the bones in her neck caving in to his strength. He tilted his head then, leaning in as the weight of her body pulled her towards the ground. He watched closely as the life escaped her eyes, and when it did he sighed. "So useless.. so easily broken. It never ceases to amaze me" he murmured to himself, filling a vile with her blood after making sure she was completely dead. Blood of the deceased was nothing short of a poison, and too much could easily kill a vampire. He tucked the dangerous substance into his pocket before turning to the boy who was against the wall behind the corner, his hands over his mouth, trying to keep in the flood of giggles which tried to escape. To him this was all a dream -or maybe even a game.

"Will we have that sweet red drink now?" Tristan asked innocently enough. "Soon.. Tell me, who is the new visitor that has come?" Armand asked softly.. he could feel a new presence in the halls of the kingdom. "Daniel! hes here to be my fathers friend" Tristan explained as he ran in circles around Armand -obviously in a playful mood. "Will you come and meet my father?" he asked, continuing to run yet Armand grabbed him swiftly, halting the boy in front of him as he bent down. "That is exactly what Ive come to talk to you about.. I would like for you to relay a message. Tell your father to meet me just outside the castle tonight at midnight.. tell him to bring Marius -and this new one Daniel." He informed the boy who played with Armand's long dark hair. "You understand?" he breathed out finally, taking the boys chin in his grasp to obtain full attention.

"Oui monsieur" the boy giggled out. Armand could not help but join him in laughter. Abomination or not.. the boy was indeed charming. It was no surprise that the young prince had already been taught the basis of certain languages. Armand glanced behind him, noticing that a maid was making her way down the hall -it was only a matter of seconds until the dead one was found. "Now then, do you want to see something funny? close your eyes and count to seven" he instructed Tristan. "Okay" Tristan giggled out, covering his eyes anxiously as he began to count. Armand smirked, standing up straight and fixing his robes before walking the opposite direction of the maid, turning a corner and disappearing. He could faintly hear the noises which he had anticipated.

"1..2..3...4...5...6...7!!!"

"Tristan? what are you doing out here alone?... OH MY GOD!!!!! GUARDS! GUARDS!!!!! SOMEONE HELP!! A DEAD SERVANT!!!"

• Bucket of Rainbows
Ethan narrowed his eyes quietly as he listened to what the man had to say, after he had revealed much of what he was, he had completely understood everything about Daniel. He was young, agile, and anxious. It’s a natural effect, birthed from the awakening and the thrist that came with invincibility of the infinite. The price of living forever was that you were never bounded by any, definite rule. There were no rules in forever, for as long as you walk the Earth, it changes accrodingly. New freedoms are made, while old freedoms were lost. Rules evolved in a matter of cycles, a trend of thought, a path of mere human realisation and wisdom that plagued every generation. When one lives forever, time was at their disposal. Unlike normal mortals, they had the restless luxury to think and evolve far greater than anybody else. Better than the rest.

“Don’t mistake youth and impulse together, many mistakes happen with impatience.” The king folded his arms behind him, gazing his cold eyes upon the golden sun that desired to melt his stare. He kept his feet on the ground, planted firmly despite the pain that yearned to break him. “I want Rome as good as gone, but if the battle was a test of arrogance, we would have won already. But that is not the case. Influence is a dangerous thing, Daniel, eliminating the source will only cause an immediate uproar. I don’t want Romania to be a beacon of a long-standing grudge. Battling the likes of Rome is something more of slower dance. A tune, I suppose, fragile and complicated.”

Daniel had a habit to stress of England, especially the apparent claim that the King of England knew of him. What is there to know? What he was in England was a tale of the past century, faded within memory, and spoken through broken stories with little validity. Ethan of England and Ethan of Romania cannot possibly be threaded with any similarity, because the Ethan of England failed too quickly. That was not him anymore. Things were different now, he was wiser and lesser of a fool, patient than impatient, cruel and never hesitant. Living so long has taught him too many things.

“What the King of England knows is that the tales of his dying father, and tales from old men with fading memories are unreliable things. Why would I do things to confirm his suspicions? I am a tyrant, and a tyrant I shall be. I don’t act in fear, but in the name of it. Now--“

“Your Highness! Your Highness!” a maid fluttered out of the open garden, her hands upon her skirts, pacing quickly against the damp grass with a face arched in distress. When she reached them, even through the gasps of her breath, she positioned herself with a bow of respect even with the impatience that consumed her, “A servant... Dead... On the floor... With Prince Tristan.”

Upon a normal occurence, Ethan would look at the maid and interrogate her critically of the situation. But at the sound of his son right beside of what could be a bleeding body, he dissolved everything he wished to say to Daniel as his objective changed accordingly. Without another word, he marched back into the open doors of the dining area and into the castle, uncaring if Daniel were to follow suit. The maid’s feather-like steps followed him closely, choking in between her tears and shock. He looked around anxiously at the direction where the servants flowed rapidly, following their footsteps as a clue. Tristan cannot drink that blood, not there -- not now.

“Where is my son?”

The servants who had heard his commanding voice pointed towards a common direction in unison, a corner behind a wall where a pool of blood painted the marble floors with deep crimson. As Ethan neared, a soft giggle ensued -- amused beyond belief. Tristan stood against the wall in front of the dead servant, delighted as if he were in a daze of decorated bliss. With disgust at the murderer who had willingly done this act in front of his son, Ethan fueled with rage as he stepped over the corpse and held his hands on the boy’s shoulders. Desperately, and without the heart of ice he usually would bear, he looked at his son’s eyes for a sign of that insatiable hunger. No, there was nothing. He did not drink it. This corpse was nothing but a dirty, blatant, statement.

The king looked over to his shoulder and without glancing at the maid completely, he instructed her with a voice colder than the best of winter, “Call for the queen. Now. That’s an order.”

He looked back towards his son, and as he gazed in the youth of his eyes, Ethan competed with the fury in his heart and tried to speak with a gentle disposition. Taking a deep breath, he squeezed the boy’s shoulders and asked in the best manner that he could, “Did you do this, Tristan? Or did you see someone else do it? Tell father and that person can be puni -- reasoned to.”

Ethan had a shread of suspicion that the murderer was an unwelcomed guest, and if it was who he thought it was, he needed to ensure that he can use Tristan’s apparent fondness for the person to track him down. When he finds him, he will kill him. Every bit of him.

• Bucket of Rainbows
"Napkins, My Queen?"

"Flowers for My Lady?"

"Beautiful diamonds to ease your troubles Your Highness"

These were the words of pacing maids and servants who surrounded Anna as she watched sternly one of the servants packing the bags she had requested. They had no idea where she was planning to go, or what she was planning to do, all that they were perfectly aware of at the time, was that their queen was irate.

"Enough!" Anna yelled, hushing all of their silent pleads for her to stay. She then crossed her arms to her chest, sinking into a nearby chair as she sighed harshly. Anna had no intention on leaving tonight, no matter how upset she was. She had already set in motion her plan luckily, what with Anastasia and her sisters agreeing to tag along with her to Rome over the weekend-thinking that it was simply some sort of getaway trip. Friday.. which was tomorrow.

Her emotions would not ruin her plans and force her to leave today instead -for after her little episode, there was no way she would be able to simply leave without Ethan being informed -No, the only thing that her emotions had an effect on, was the fact that Tristan would be coming along, instead of waiting until she obtained Rome's approval for his blessing. Being that Ethan banished all church in Romania, their relationship with Rome was fragile, yet there alliance was still documented. If she wished to take Tristan, now was the time.. before Ethan inevitably destroy and conquer everything around him.

Tonight instead, she would try a different tactic. She believed the only way to keep Ethan's third eye off of her, was to make him believe that she was content with his decisions once and for all.

"Your Majesty!!!" came a wail from down the hallway, and within moments, the maid which it belonged to burst into the room, breathless, with tears streaking her face. "Jesus Christ!What is it?" Anna exclaimed through gritted teeth, glaring daggers at the maid, who seemed to care less. "A head maid was killed in the west wing, Tristan was present at the time, and the King demands your presence immediately!" she spat all in a quick yet rehearsed pace.

Anna's thoughts diminished at once, focusing only on the words 'killed' and 'Tristan' as she stood immediately to her feet and pushed the maid in the doorway aside forcefully as she picked up the ends of her dress, walking hastily towards the west wing, which was not far.

Guards and servants surrounded the blood stained area, which Anna could see even from afar -this only brought tears to her eyes. She knew her son was alive, but anything with murder and Tristan combined would have that affect on her. Quickly, she pushed aside the people who crowded the way. "Move! Get out of the way!!" she yelled, collapsing to her knees in front of Tristan, who did not look frightened in any way at the situation, in fact he looked amused to her surprise.

"Are you well, my darling?" She asked her son, looking over his face and body, planting her palm against his cheek. "I'm okay" Tristan replied simply, looking up toward's his father. He came closer to the king, leaning in to whisper something into his ear as Ethan leveled with him.

"It was Armand, he told me to say to you: Tonight at midnight" the boy informed him silently, just before Anna pulled the boy more towards herself, glaring slightly in her Kings direction before looking to Tristan for answers. "My sweet Tristan..." she murmured, trailing off as tears flooded her eyes. "Do you understand what is happening? do you understand that a bad person did this?.. It could have been you my sweet Prince... no secrets.." she trailed off, once again making eye contact with Ethan. "Who did this to you?"

Tristan looked at his mother who's expression was stern, her eyes demanding answers. He decided to do the only thing he knew how to get out of the tough spot he was in. He began to cry. "I dunno mother, I did not see"

Anna's eyes could not help but soften at this, pulling him completely into herself. "Forgive me, How could you possibly know who it was.. it more than likely happened fast" she breathed, scooping him up as she stood to her feet. She looked directly at her husband, her face firm and upset as she rocked Tristan softly. "How could this have happened?"

The delicate expression that tinted Ethan’s eyes for a moment disappeared at the sound of Armand’s name. Any tenderness -- even the slightest shadow of it that Anna could have only wished to see -- dissolved and returned itself to the hard cold nature it often had. He rose himself from his position, the soles of his shoes thick with red, and fists were clenched firmer than the strongest of steel. The king, with only his back for others to see, took a breath deep enough like a human who would have gasped for air. He inhaled it, taking all of this mortality in, with the faint scent of maid’s blood tingling underneath his nose. Ethan had better days with his anger -- even during the impatience of his youth -- but he had never felt his composure to almost break. He was breaking, like a fragile flake falling upon the snow, and felt his whole world melting away as climbed higher and higher. He knew that something like this, someday, was the price he had to pay. Now that he had a family, a rival like Armand was more than a threat: he wanted to kill him.

“Let me through.” Morgana’s acidic voice echoed against the wide ceiling, and the servants -- aware of the tales that enveloped her -- stepped away in chorus like she were a living plague. The viscountess seemed to have thought little of their reception, as her eyes only seemed to search the corpse and the child. “This... This is not what I thought it would be.”

Even at the height of her pregnancy, she trailed her thick black dress across the scene with little trouble. Her eyes did not only find the corpse she seemed to have been looking for, but also the royal family in their expected divide: with the child and the queen together, and the tyrant king standing in the distance with his back against them; unpredictable as ever. Disappointed but not surprised with what she saw, the witch folded her arms and knelt to the capacity her swelling stomach allowed of her, studying the wound that marked the servant’s body. They were not of bite marks, but a grip so steady it broke the girl like crumpled parchment. Humans were fragile beings, but it was not the way of death that would sway the king into a stirring silence, and the king knew that she knew there was something more to this that he was not telling her.

At least, not here.

Suddenly, at the most unexpected time, Ethan turned away from the wall and towards the crowd that looked at him expectedly. His face was carved in his immortal brutality, his eyes were clear but with a harder stare, and his mind was once again trapped within himself. The king’s gaze wandered for a moment, before he fixed himself upon his wife and child who did not stray too far from his side. Anna was looking at him, but he could not figure out whether it was a look of wonder or a look of suspicion. He could not tell it apart, as his rationale was moved out of proportion, and Armand’s invitation cycled his mind like a rhythm. Lifting one foot from the crimson puddle, he walked his blood-soaked shoes towards the queen with words he could only wish to say tangling in his mouth. Morgana remained silent as the situation unfolded, her eyes dark and watching, while the servant lay forgotten at their feet.

Ethan opened his mouth before closing it, glancing at the opposite direction before turning his heels away, “Take him to bed, and Morgana, tell Marius to rotate the guard patrols. I won’t be having anymore of this.”

He started walking away from the scene absent from the affection he should have had, his shoes leaving red footprints on the shine of the white floors. Ethan had the murder trailed after him in this way, but like his emotions, his mind was absent to find awareness in such things. His mind cycled and circled Armand’s name -- something he knew that the man made a point to do. At this point, he was still a proud man -- but not as arrogant as he would like to be. It was at that moment in which where the king decided to finally agree to this meeting, but not out of surrender -- but from irritation. He was irritated, to the point the playing civilised became an option. What did he, after all, had to lose from a man who seemed to want to meet with him so desperately? Ethan tugged a small smirk at the thought of the irony, the bitter kind of smile, as the dark implication of Armand being a ‘fan’ like Daniel erupted from his thoughts.

Ethan’s smirk angled higher to a better form of a temporary insanity, this mortal anger almost made him laugh so bitterly. But of course, he will not break -- not while he knew that Armand lingered in his castle watching him. The king promised himself to be as firm as the walls of the castle he had worked so hard to have, even at the expense of a colder shoulder to his crumbling marriage.

Interestingly, he did not hear Morgana's feet following him to interrogate.

The viscountess, inherently speechless from what just occurred, did not realise a frown to crease upon her brows as her gaze followed Ethan's departing, blood-trailed figure. There was a time when she would have sworn she knew Ethan better than anyone, but even that -- that shred of knowledge she held onto -- was slipping away. Ethan was many things that she did not know, and even without glancing at Anna's face, she knew that the woman was probably more confused about her husband more than anyone. It was tempting to give her something -- anything -- to hold onto, but she knew it would be beyond their place. She could risk all of them if Anna was not to act accordingly, and with her unborn child, Morgana decided to risk just a bit of selfishness to herself and her child. Just like all mothers would do. She was a mother now, things were different now, and she would risk being silent even at the thickness of the tension that crowded around her.

Morgana stood up, giving the nearest servant a hard glance, "What are you waiting for? Clean it. If you were so concerned for your friend, you would not let her bleed so shamelessly in front of her masters."

From here, Morgana could still smell the blood. Unlike the corpses at the execution site she would collect blood from, this blood did not smell sweet at all, it was laced with an unyielding corruption. Poison. A sinister kind, the one meant to kill. It was not desirable blood, and it was dirty in every way. Was this servant, perhaps, a nun or member of such an order? This smell was so distinct like that of priests and nuns, that disturbing stench so foul she looked away, watching Tristan and Anna together before taking a deep breath.

"I'm sorry," the words bloomed out of her mouth subconsciously, helplessly and recklessly, but it all felt as natural as speaking, but her eyes averted, "For Ethan."

Status
Not open for further replies.