(-o-) Who do you Choose?

Who would you like to make a cool cameo?

• Ash Ketchum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lance

• Red

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • N

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Gary Oak

• Prof. Oak

• The original gym leaders

• Giovanni

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Jesse, James, and Meowth

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Mewtwo

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ch0sen1

Original poster
Plot - 20 years. it's been 20 years since the Pokémon Battle System and Leagues were abolished. A governing group called The Poke Federation formed in response to the constant abuse and attacks on Pokémon from the likes of Team Rocket, Magma, Plasma, etc. In that response however, The Federation became enticed with control, wanting to federally regulate the oversight of Pokemon. Pokemon and trainers alike ran for the hills, some protested, feeling their freedom and life of exploration which fueled the Pokémon world would die forever. They were right. 20 years since the ways of the world were lost forever. The Indigo League was rearranged, Most Gyms were decommissioned, and the old Pokémon icons and celebrities of the past have since then vanished from the face of the Earth into seclusion. The new system now known as "Regulated Pokémon System" sees trainers now collecting their Pokémon to help them in practical/everyday life affairs. Battling only is now permitted through requests of The Federation, usually at events, contests, or experimental tests held by Federation Scientists. Even the Pokémon Labs now have to report their research to The Federation. Some even say The Federation are the real criminals now despite their successful mission to rid the world of Team Rocket and Team Criminals. But.....as The Federation prepares to undergo their greatest secret mission yet, a quest to find and contain all Legendary Pokémon, the old ways still survives in the corners and homes of the world, as a small new team of "rebels" begin to form, opposing the Federation's system and planning to stop their schemes.

I decided to brainstorm on an rp that involves a much more gritty side of the Pokemon Universe, where pokemon aren't just used in gym battles anymore, where wild pokemon can cause havoc and even collateral damage if strong enough. A world where Legendaries are feared and respected as if they were gods. This is a more grounded universe based on realism persay, where the plot will be much larger and more expansive than the Pokemon League, now a greater even has emerged on world-level destruction, and a group of trainers/citizens must band together in order to stop them. All kid and wacky concepts are gone. Just a full on interpretation of the pocket monster's true potential. The Pokemon will be depicted as gritty somewhat with Jurassic World like animalistic natures (both docile and mean) and will look like this:

realistic_pokemon_season_1_by_arvalis-d66xl8c.jpg

[BCOLOR=#333399]NOTES:[/BCOLOR]
- There are 14 gym leaders in this current world.
- This story takes place 20 years after the events of Ash Ketchum's journeys
- The setting will be Johto, Kanto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos.
- Elite Four still exists with a different line up.
- Pokemon trainers are still rockstars, but now new agencies/groups have been formed for security and maintenance of Pokemon world
- All legendary pokemon exist and CAN be caught under very special requirements
- No god modding your pokemon or status.
- Adaptations to events/pokemon are allowed, as long as they make sense. Check with me first! :)

I will be playing a female trainer from Goldenrod named Palette. Open to companions, rivals, and even an eventual romance with my character seeking a Male trainer, companions and other characters can be any gender trainer. I already have a plot developed for the first chapter of the RP. It's pretty massive in scale.

-If you are interested or have any questions please respond! I will also discuss people's starting Pokemon. They don't have to be basic level evolutions, but you can't have six Charizards either lol, balance your Pokemon well (characters with specialty types will be favored, example: Bladed Pokemon, Defense Pokemon, Speedy Pokemon, Fire Pokemon, etc.)

What's Coming:
hoohdestruction-png.37680

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Solar
I'm interested!
This sounds pretty nice. I'd love to see the adventures possible in this sort of world. It has a lot of potential.

I'm interested!
This sounds pretty nice. I'd love to see the adventures possible in this sort of world. It has a lot of potential.

I'm interested!
Sweet! Any Pokemon type/specific you had in mind?

So this is the anime's continuity huh? Let's see how I fare.

I think Tynamo and/or Eevee are the ideal Pokemon for me to have by my side on this adventure.

Reactions: ch0sen1
So this is the anime's continuity huh? Let's see how I fare.

I think Tynamo and/or Eevee are the ideal Pokemon for me to have by my side on this adventure.
That sounds fine!

How many pokemon will we have on our adventure? Also can you explain a bit more on specialty pokemon?

How many pokemon will we have on our adventure? Also can you explain a bit more on specialty pokemon?
you can have up to 6 but I'd recommend having only a few like a beginner would (unless you're an experienced trainer)

And specialty pokemon is more of like a specific type of pokemon a trainer may use, like Brock's specialty is Rock, Misty's is Water, etc.

If this RP picks up any momentum, my character concept will be the grandson of an old pokemon trainer. He won't have any experience with pokemon or training of the sort, but he will have some of his grandfathers pokemon. I usually like water types the best, but I have a long list of pokemon I love. I'll start with this general concept. Feel free to critique.

1) An old Lapras used for battling.
2) Baby Zubat (Bred From Grandad's Zubat)
3) Pet Vulpix (Docile with no Pokeball)
4) A Mystery Pokeball ("There's a time and place for everything Lancelot. Open this pokeball if you ever get into a pinch!)
*Hint: It's a super scary gengar*

Hi! I'm pretty interested in this role-play if it's still open. Is there a posting requirement I have to follow?

Sorry guys for some reason I didn't get alerts for this, if everyone's still in I'm still ready to make a thread!

This looks like it could still be fun. If its still up in the air and available that is.

If this is dead, do reboot it after Sun & Moon come out.

That's what I'm saying to Pokeyman RPs close to death.

And if two characters are allowed when that happens, my second character's 'mon will be Wishiwashi

Status
Not open for further replies.