Ω Omega Squad Ω

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Nameless: A kusari or kusari-gama could be pretty cool...

@Zarko Straadi Thus far, I'm thoroughly impressed with your CS. I feel a bit "much" was added in, but of course, I did a similar amount of research for Sawback when detailing out his history in World War I and even before that—most of which I left out. I believe secrets should remain secrets. It makes a hard balance as a GM, since I want to give you guys every resource possible. Still, you seemed to use the resources at hand effectively. I look forward to seeing your character in her completion.

The first IC post is up: Click here!

This first posting cycle will go in a specific order, but after that, the order will be free form. :D I made it short, sweet and to the point.

Reactions: Kaykay
@Zabby You can go before, actually. It's best he just reply to both you and I.

@Nameless There isn't really a posting order as much as there is an order that people are coming into the room in. In regards to posting order, just make sure things make sense. I trust the better judgement of the general consensus.

Is the gathering like a 1 at a time interview process, or is everyone going to be chucked in together? The last sentence makes me think the latter, but some reason the overall post gives me the impression of the former.

Alright, I'll be posting. :) Just to give everyone a note - when Elric's powers are inhibited, he's in a wheelchair.

Okay, I'm satisfied with it. Sorry for the weird edits, I'm still getting used to the character.

[padding]
Name | Age | Gender | Color
Reagan Bray | 18 | Female | Yellow

Specialty
Reagan tends to deal with electrical engineering, but also has a liking for fixing anything and everything that's broken. If she doesn't know how to fix it, she'll find a way. She also has a keen sense of deception and has knowledge on game rigging (or tampering with equipment in general), which seems to be contradictory since she doesn't like lying.
A'vi Crystal
A pocket watch (such as the picture to the right).

Reagan Bray . . . has a lot of smartass tendencies. There isn't much you can say that she wouldn't have something to respond with; whether it's intentionally to hurt someone or simply to be amusing, to laugh about. She's rather short-tempered. She doesn't like being told what to do giving her a serious problem with authority. Reagan will go against someone's orders because of the simply fact that she was told to do it. This makes her a complete pain in the ass for most people. She's incredibly stubborn. If you are to go against her theories, even go as far as to prove her wrong, she will continue to insist for the sake of her pride. She hates to be wrong. She views it as one of many signs of weakness... or so she was taught. She's blunt. She's never one to sugar-coat anything. If she feels the need to say it, she will. She means no harm by it, but she finds it unsettling to the mind to lie about trivial, everyday things. She's unbiased when it comes to this. She doesn't care who you are or what you do. Sex, race, age. None of it matters. She does not have much of a filter and she prefers it that way. The range of how upfront she can be honestly depends on her mood. So if she's having a relatively bad day, it's best to just walk away.

Even with all of this being said, she is all-in-all a good person. Her intentions are in the right place regardless of how she handles something. She's a loyal friend. Whether you're pissed off at her or she's pissed off at you, at the end of the day a friend is a friend. If you're in trouble, she'll stick by you. Her classification of a friend is strict, however. Just because you speak to her on a regular basis and show her kindness does not necessarily mean she will welcome you with open arms. She has an immense amount of trust issues. She doesn't blame that on anyone but herself. She cannot stand a liar. Lie to her once, you can possibly lose her trust in you forever. She believes that if you can create a tiny white lie, albeit an unnecessary one, you're more than capable of lying about something even more significant. Reagan keeps a limited number of people in her life to avoid complication. She feels like the more people she has in her life, the greater risk she and everyone else that is close to her has of getting hurt in some shape or form and in the back of her mind, she's not prepared to face it. She'll put on a brave face and has yet to admit to herself how afraid she is of losing someone or causing someone else harm.

She values independence. Reagan does not appreciate being made to feel like she needs to rely on someone else. She thinks that anyone can do just as well at anything with or without someone there to assist her. She will not come to you for advice nor will she seek your comfort if feeling upset, usually giving her friends no choice but to come to her of their own accord.

Reagan is the adventurous type. She often seeks out that rush of adrenaline doing something reckless and/or dangerous. She loves to go out on her own and out of her way to make it happen. Some would call her idiotic, she just sums it up to being bold and willing to live life the way it was meant to: as if every day was your last. Reagan finds simple happiness just trying to find things that'll keep herself busy. Her hands are always moving and she tries to keep her body in motion at all times. "The more you sit, the more of your life you're wasting away," so she does as much as possible within whatever given parameters the situation provides; meaning, she'll make do with whatever she has.

History
[BCOLOR=transparent]Reagan was born and raised in New York City, New York by both of her parents Robert and Christina Bray. Both of her parents were rather active in her life in one way or another. While her father may not have physically been there her entire life, the principles that were instilled in her mind came directly from him. On the other hand, her mother was by her side through everything. As a young child Reagan was a handful to say the least. She had a knack for finding trouble anywhere she went. She bothered other kids, occasionally pulling at a girl's hair or kicking a little boy in the leg and running off just because she didn't like something that he said. Anything she could do to entertain herself. She grew up an only child and learned pretty quickly many different ways in which she could keep herself occupied and amused. She rarely got along with the other kids her age, leaving her to play alone most times. It wasn't that she didn't want to. She made an effort to speak and try to integrate herself with the others, but it often failed. She was too accustomed to being on her own, it made things difficult when it came to interacting with others. She'd make up her own games, have imaginary friends running about, and sometimes found pleasure in fixing various things around the house such as her toys if they were broken, or taken apart, and even a vase that she knocked over (she glued it back together the best she could assuming her mother wouldn't notice).[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
Reagan's father, Robert Bray, was a brute. He was strict, sometimes callous, often times drank too much, but even when his foul mouth got the better of him, he always swore that he only said the things he did because he cared. Reagan and her mother could never bring themselves to hate him. He always made sure that Reagan was capable of defending herself, mentally and physically, and taught her that having weaknesses in this world would be the cause of someone's downfall. Unfortunately, by his methods, that meant fending for herself. Whenever she was teased in school or pushed around, she was never offered guidance or comfort from her father. His response always was to "handle it like a man would." It was no secret that her father wanted a son, like most fathers seemed to, so he took every chance he could to mold her into the 'perfect' child. He taught her how to fight, or as best as he knew how himself. She was never to lower her fists when dealing with any threat.
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Mr. Bray was low on the criminal food chain so to speak. He didn't make any big money, but he did a lot of the dirty work required. Once the Prohibition started -- due to the enactment of the Volstead act and the addition of the Eighteenth Amendment to the Constitution that prevented the production, sale, and transportation of alcohol -- he was one of [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]many who participated in the illegal manufacturing and distribution of alcohol throughout New York, occasionally mixing himself up in the business of a speakeasy or two.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]While he was never officially caught, eyes scrutinized him wherever he went. It was never unbeknownst to the people around him that he was [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]intertwined with some sort of illegal activity; that includes the awareness of his wife and daughter. Reagan wasn't too fond of her father's wrongdoings. She wasn't exactly a supporter of the Prohibition, but she wasn't keen on the idea of her dad doing anything stupid either. Normally she would welcome thrills such as this (avoiding the law and all), but in this case, it was something that not only could put her father in danger, but her mother and herself as well. Christina, however, chose to look the other way and seemed to others to be a fool to allow her husband to break the law. That she enables him.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Some would say that she enables her daughter to misbehave too -- not teaching her child right from wrong -- but her mother believed that a child (and her husband) should make their own mistakes, take the consequences, and learn from them. Coddling a child was never the answer other than when they were physically injured. Her mother was just a housewife. She was a homebody who would rather stay at home than have the occasional sit down with her friends or visit someone else's home for a simple housewarming. She chose to stay at home, read to her daughter and to herself, keep her house seemingly perfect, and going to bed happy at the end of the day just being herself. She was never one to put on a facade for anyone else and going out in public, she felt like she had to do just that. In a nutshell, Reagan was taught to be independent, strong-willed, outspoken, and [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]very[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] opinionated.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]INCOMPLETE.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Abilities[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Reagan's ability is rather small in comparison, but can be quite useful in situations that call for it. It's the use of short bursts of electrical currents spreading throughout the body to greatly enhance muscle functions. This can be used to produce enhanced reflexes and super-human speed. The effects are limited. She can only run short distances (around 1/4 of a mile) or use her talent to enhance her agility for a period no longer than 10 minutes before her body reaches it's physical limit. After use, the body weakens until it has time to rest and recover. The amount of rest required to make a recovery is directly proportional to the time and energy expended during use of the ability.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
Suit
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Reagan's suit was built to suppress the amount of damage that her body receives after her body settles down from the electricity coursing through her muscles and nervous system (refer to ability one). It also produces a special that slow the process down or completely negates it should it get out of hand.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
Armament[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]*I'm not sure if this entirely works as far as the electricity goes and it can be completely fixed to fit, but I thought I would give it a try.*[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent][Insert Description Here] [/padding]
[/BCOLOR]

Last edited:
It's nice to see things rolling! :D I'm hoping to get full posting cycles up soon as the longer Sawback is tied down, the longer before I can start his other half of the RP. And, on that note, a congratulations should be in order to one @Zarko Straadi as I promoted them to my co-GM, and they will be trained directly under Sawback for later purposes. I was impressed with her CS and character to the degree I wanted her to be a consultant on the Roaring Twenties setting. I found no flaws in her history or use of historical context, so I have full faith in her decisions. :D I assume her... I could be wrong. Anyway, that's about it! I look forward to the progression of the IC!

Howdy, just wondering what character type/ color you need. Or even if you need a bad guy.

Any idea when Ranger Blue's going to post? I kinda wanna post when she's done. :)

Haven't heard from @kimsim12 in a while as far as I know.

I haven't seen her on my other RP that we're doing together either, so I have no idea. I've been working on my own stuff for this RP though. I haven't exactly talked to her.

No idea sorry.

I should also warn y'all that I'm going out of town tomorrow (July 8th) and will get back on the following Wednesday (July 15th). I should have internet and wifi though. At the rate we're going, I hopefully won't hold anything back.

Announcement

While I do try to be lenient and understanding, @kimsim12 has delayed our posting schedule long enough. I will be withdrawing her from the team until a potentially later date, then we will move on from the scene as a four-person squad. This will open up the fifth spot, however, Zarko has a different niche to fill. I'm working on my post now. Again, I don't mind if you just tell me your posts will be delayed, but considering the very first post is what's been holding us up, I feel patience has been worn thin.

Dang, kimsim's character looked badass too. I'll make a post immediately.

Sacrifices must be made, unfortunately. We won't get a post from Zabby until tomorrow, so everyone is welcome to post reactions before he and Sawback duke it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.