nowhere to run....continured

Rhiannon relaxed as she heard Axel's voice. Even though it had looked like him, she hadnt been sure until now. Carefully she stepped out away from the building.

"We're over here Axel." She called out softly. "I was just about to search for you, then I heard the car and hid everyone just to be sure. We're fine." She smiled at him. "I'm glad you got back safe, did everything go well?"

[[kinda changed the skin color for emotions to eye color....have to prserve le melanin, right? xD]]

Axel's eyes flashed white for a moment, startled at the sudden sound. They reverted back to their natural green hue, however, when he realized it was just Rhiannon. Heaving a sigh of relief, he relaxed his stance and moved toward them. "I take it you have everything packed up and ready to go? I hope so... The owner of the car was right there when I took it."

He chuckled. Stealing right under the owners' noses were the best parts. Call him a kind of exhibitionist, or something.

The engine was still rumbling, ready to go in haste. There wasn't much time before all the cops were out looking for this one car. Even if the plates were different, the description of the car would never change. It took time to find a buffer and to take out some of the kinks, but no two cars looked exactly the same. They needed to cross the border and fast before the day was out.

"Everything's packed and ready to go, we just gotta get it in the car. And you were supposed to be CAREFUL we dont need attention, or the risk that some cop pulls us over because our car "looks like" one that's stolen."

She gave him a reproaching look and placed her hands on her hips in an almost comical manner. "At least we got one and can get over the border."

Axel had the decency to look mildly offended, the mirth gleaming in his eyes. "Hey, I got a car that's not going to be spotted and though it may put-put a little, it runs smooth. And look--." he fished into his pocket. "I got us some cash. Doesn't that count for something? People are so careless sometimes, it makes life a bit boring."

He shook his head and chuckled, walking around Rhiannon, braid unraveling on its own as they prepared to pick things up.

She laughed lightly and motioned for Ferith and Noel to come out of hiding and head to the car. As Axel passed by her she lightly smacked him on the shoulder and headed over to start grabbing their things. "Well at least it runs. And I dont even want to know how you got that cash, Axel, some things are better left unknown. But if you're that good, maybe having some cash on hand is a good thing, like for gas for the car." She said pointedly as she finished loading the food and other items and climbed into the front seat.

Sliding into the front seat after everything and everyone was loaded into the car, Axel looked over to his right to give Rhiannon a mock-abused look as he belatedly rubbed the 'attacked' area.

"That completely goes against my animal rights," he joked. The situation they were in wasn't really something to joke about, but hey, what was the point of living if you couldn't laugh at yourself?

"And there's only one person out there that I know is better than me," he said, pulling off. "I hadn't seen him-- well he hadn't seen me since I went out for my last job. That guy's a pro. And his driving skills are just that side of awesome. I'd let you meet him, if I could."

Jace was like a brother to him. Some days he'd wish more than anything to hang with him, if only for five minutes.... Five eternal minutes. But he knew that wasn't going to happen anytime soon.

Ferith rolled her eyes as she entered the vehicle, allowing Noel to go in first. She had gotten used to Axel and Rhi's bantering, but she was more concerned about leaving this place in case Axel had some unwanted followers. And she really didn't approve of the money stealing, but after consideration she concluded that it was going to be a good thing to have.

"I'm happy with anything as long as you weren't seen or followed. Now, shall we leave?" she asked, a small smirk on her pale face as she leaned up against the passenger side seat to look at Axel.

Axel grinned into the rear view mirror at his friend. "I've only been caught once," he smirked. "And you know as the saying goes, once bitten twice shy. I'm going to get us down south with little to no problem at all."
With that, he pulled out and cruised onto the road. He looked over at Rhiannon.

"Got any smokes on you?" He never drove without smoking, really. He was a chain smoker by nature since before the kidnapping. But these days...

He's probably lung cancer in a somewhat human body.

Rhiannon looked over at Axel and smiled. It was really contagious when he grinned, and she wasnt sure why. "Of course I've got smokes on me, I travel with you dont I?" With that she reached into her pocket and pulled out the almost full pack and lit two, handing one to him. "There ya go, and since youre so adept at theivery, perhaps when we stop for gas, you could buy yourself some with that wallet you got a hold of." She grinned at him, knowing all too well that there was at least another carton in the bags of stuff they had pilfered from the gas station. "Now, eyes on the roadplease."

Axel reached over and plucked the cigarette out of her fingers with his mouth with a distorted 'thank you.' The idea about the wallet made him reach into his pocket and pull it out. He looked inside to see only six hundred in cash and the rest were just credit cards. He needed to figure those out and cash them in one day. Just needed a pencil, paper and computer.

"We're good for a while off this," he said thoughtfully. He glanced at the road to make sure he wasn't going to run into a gas truck.

After a while, his mind landed on the thought of music. Eyeing the radio warily he turned it on. The sudden sound of something clacking in the engine scared the living crap out of him and he turned off the radio, thus ending the ear-shattering and potentially car-breaking sound.

He looked at the radio with furrowed eyebrows and wide eyes.

"Okay...Raido: no go."

Ferith jumped when Axel had turned on the radio, her mind having wandered to different thoughts as she was looking out the window.

"Yeah...it seems that way." she said, laughing off a bit of fear as she placed a hand on her chest. "Maybe we can fix it sometime." she thought aloud as she turned to look back out the window and pulling up her hood to hide her ears in case anyone saw them. She hoped that this plan would work and that nothing would happen to them, at least for a while.

In the Capital a couple of states away, Seth Brooks, the head of the Government's security was pacing in his office back and forth. His eyes glared at whatever they were set on, almost burning through the objects. He needed those experiments back and he needed them now. His mass announcement of the dangerous creatures had sparked fear and ridicule in the majority of society, something he was hoping for. He had his men and women placed all through the continent trying to find clues as to where the damned experiments could have disappeared to, but this wasn't enough. He needed to get those creatures back.

"Sir, there have been reports of breaking and entering, and theft in multiple accounts in the state." a female voice said as she walked into his office, "It happened once at a convenience store and again in the city near there." she reported, reading off a clipboard.

Seth waited for a moment, thinking about his next move. "Send our two best agents." he said, facing the large window that over looked the Capital.

[[OOC: Okay, so I thought I'd add in some more characters seeing as our Government characters have disappeared. I will be the Head of Security guy, Seth, and also possibly one of the agents if you guys don't want, but I will need one more agent, anyone want to be him/her?]]

Rhiannon almost dropped her cigarette when the radio went off. "Holy F...that...that was NOT a good thing." She looked back into the back seat and looked at Ferith. "So, what do you think our destination should be?" She knew the general direction in which they were heading, but didnt know where there they should head.

Axel blew out a stream of smoke from the corner of his mouth as he replaced the wallet. "Far as we know, we just have to get over the border. So a place to go would be a swell idea."

Ferith blinked, watching the window, she knew heading towards the Capitol would be a bad idea, too many Government people there. She wondered for a bit before turning back to the others.

"We need somewhere to hide out that is secluded, but will still provide us with the necessary resources we need like water, food, and shelter. We need somewhere we can either recruit others like us, or help ourselves become stronger to take on the Government in hopes of finding some sort of peace." She explained, taking a deep breath. "What if we travelled out of the continent, down to South America? That should be somewhere we can hide out, it has plenty of dense forests we can take refuge in." she suggested.

Rhi pondered that idea for a few minutes. "That sounds okay to me. And the people down there in the tribal areas, wouldnt be freaked out by us, they would honestly think we were left over Aztec or Mayan remnants. That would be okay, and unless too many people hear about us, it would afford us an extra level of protection." She grinned big at them. "The people are kind of superstitious though, so we would have to be careful starting out, but I dont see a problem with this, we could even live near the beach." That time she looked over and gently elbowed Axel. "That would be nice hun?"

Axel gave it some thought. "Well alright," he nodded. "Brazil it is."

Noel was quietly looking out the car window as the others discussed where the group would be going to. She had been doing this for a while until she heard Axel say, "Well alright, Brazil it is." Curious, she turned to Ferith and asked, "What's Brazil like?" Unlike the others, she didn't have much of an education or know much about the outside world since she had been taken at such a young age.

The fox Hybrid turned to Noel, looking down on the young girl as she asked her a question. "Brazil is hot and humid, there are tribal civilizations like Rhi had mentioned and there is a lot of dense forests so we can make an easy escape if we need to." She explained with a small smile on her face, "It would be the best place for us to be at the moment, given we make it there without being spotted."

She looked ahead, waiting for the foreboding city to arrive in sight. She had a nervous vibe coming off her as she preferred to stay hidden than travel right under the Government's noses.

Rhi shifted in her seat so that it was easier to stare into the backseat. "And Brazil has beaches, warm water, beautiful plant life, even some tourist areas, and the government really has no pull there. Its an entirely different working situation. We could probably even be okay walking around in a tourist area, everything there is...exotic." She reached back and patted Noel gently and encouragingly. "Everything will be just fine, no sense in worrying too much, or we'll get negative karma."

"Okay!" Noel said, grinning as she did so. From the descriptions the two had given her, it sounded like the perfect place and she was excited to be able to go there.