nowhere to run....continured

"AND~," Axel said with gusto. "They have awesome toys and books for kids like you. Unless of course you're anything like me and prefer to have tools to mess around with..."

Rhi elbowed Axel hard in the ribs. "Stop picking on her, and dont try to corrupt her with your evil ways, Axel." Although she had pushed hard, she was grinning out of one side of her mouth. This was just too funny.

"Abuse!" Axel cried, wincing a little, but exaggerating it anyway. "I'm a mollusk now....my body's too soft for this kind of rough treatment..." He turned playfully wide eyes to her. "I thought you loved me more than that. Do you have to be so mean?"

Rhi laughed at his outburst. "You're not too soft, you big softy." She replied as she stared at him, the look on his face made her grin wider as she gave him the most adorable sad cat-face she could. "B-but Axel, I thought you liked roughness." She couldnt hold the face and started laughing again. "And yes, generally I do love you more than that, just not when you're picking on the girl."

Axel snorted. "Well of course I like it rough, but you're just brutal. And I wasn't picking on her...just giving her an option just in case she decides she doesn't want any books. It happens," he stuck his tongue out petulantly, just to prove a point. Unbeknownst to him, his normally green eyes faded into a dark blue. He was having a lot of fun despite being on the run.

Jace had barely gotten through his job interview with some semblance of dignity. His mind was reeling, still, from the crazy incident earlier that morning. It was just too surreal. Granted, if the man was indeed Axel, he wouldn't hae recognized Jace -- the former thief had cut his hair since their last job together and he looked a bit more mature rather than some rebel teen (long straight black hair rowed back and bleached in parts would do that). The man walked like him, wrote like him... hell he stole like Axel.

It had to be him. But if he were to even try to look for the other, the plates on the car would have been changed a by then. But it would be a while to really cover it up since the first ones were pretty banged up. So the number he memorized was for naught... Ah!

An idea caught his mind as he made his way through the city traffic on his way to a bit to eat. If the man, whom he hadn't looked at properly in the first place, had reported the crime then there was a chance he could find the elusive bastard. 'Give him a piece or two of my mind,' he thought morosely. He made an abrupt u-turn at the light, getting a few pissed-off blaring horns for his troubles. Were he anything like Axel, he would have flipped them the 'bird' and be done. But he did what he did best: ignored and moved on.

The police department was a twelve minute drive from where he was, even with traffic being most favorable that day.

He parked his car alongside a meter and pooped in his due before waling determinedly into the complex. Officers and secretaries were scuttling about like roaches on a mission, really. Not many stopped to give him a good morning, not that he cared at the moment. He stopped at the front desk.

"Could you point me to the traffic department, please?"

"Second floor, first left."

Jace was already moving before the lady had finished speaking, her voice getting louder as he moved further. He had to give her props, she knew how to deal with rushing people really well.

Once inside the elevator, he glared at the numbers, willing them to jump or even wiggle. If it was one thing he hated about large corporate buildings or places like these, not one floor went by without a tidal wave of people leaving and coming in. From the ground floor to the second floor, it was a wait he really couldn't stomach and he absently began to tap his foot as he waited, teeth clenched behind thin pink lips. And they moved so slow, it was sickening.

He moved with the throng of people leaving to disperse into the second floor and let his long legs carry him as directed.

The double doors leading to the traffic department were locked.

Fuck.

Yes!

One of the workers swiped their badges over the infrared lock and he slipped in soon as they left. The joys of being a thief sometimes.

Jace Vee let his eyes travel around to find the desk of the OIC's secretary. "Excuse me, is your boss in?"

"No, he isn't."

Shit.

"Then can you answer me a few questions, then?" He'd have to bank on secretaries knowing everything that goes on in their departments this time. Otherwise...

"Depends on the questions, dear."

She was too coy for his liking but whatever.

"Did you get a report this morning about an old Honda being stolen this morning with license plate number 44433?"

"Are you in any way connected to such a case?"

"I'm the victim's cousin," he lied smoothly. If he learned something from Axel, it's using the elements to get one's way.

"One moment please."

At least she typed at a decent speed despite looking older than the Great Wall of China.

"There is a report by a Glen Wilson," she said.

"Any new updates?" he asked.

"The only thing we have is the car was last seen at a convenience store on 5th and James."

Jace thought long and hard about the street, calling up the mental map he had of the entire city. Being a thief commanded that you memorize your surroundings down to the last pebble if need be. And on that street was a store he knew that sold everything, basically. And it was the last one before leaving town if one were to take the back streets. Axel would think of something like that. But if he really wanted to track him down, he couldn't use the cops for more than this.

"Thank you," he said.

It seems that he'd be going on a little road trip.

Ferith had waited in the car, her ears and tail too obvious to risk going into the convenience store despite her hood and cloak. She waited patiently,but was beginning to feel a bit antsy as she looked out the windows, hoping the others would hurry up.

Riley Wattson waited in a seat of one of the Government's private jets, his brown hair slightly messed as he reviewed their briefings.

"We are being sent to this city on an assumption of a break and enter, and a robbing?" he asked as he sat the paper back down, looking out the window "That happens in every city on a daily basis. Man, these weirdos obviously seem important to him." he added as he groaned, muttering about needing to be paid more.

[[OOC: Anyone want to be the other agent?]]

With the snide comments Rhi snorted and smacked Axel on the arm again. This time lighter and more playfully. "Alright, fine give her the options, just...dotn do it in such an...well dont pick on her. We all gotta be nice." She was smiling because she wasnt really serious. Here she was picking on Axel for picking on the kid. Not a good combination. But there had to be humor and fun in her esomewhere, otherwise the running would be well...just running.

"Like I'm not nice," Axel muttered, rolling his eyes.

Lance McGrady lowered his newspaper and looked at the other over the rims of his reading glasses. "Well we do have to go where they send us or we don't get paid at all." He returned his attention to the paper in his hands. "And in any case, it should strike you as unsual. We're chasing animal-human hybrids. Sooner or later you'll have to stop questioning it. I have, and look how I turned out?"

For good measure, Lance send a lopsided, retarded grin over the paper, cross-eyed and all.

"Hmph, of course not." Rhi grupmbled with a slight smile as she scooted down farther into the seat and started to close her eyes. "If I fall asleep, wake me up when you want me to drive."

"Sure," Axel muttered, keeping his eyes on the road.

[sorry but this is all I can come up with to avoid this ending up in the RP graveyard]

Noel bounced up and down in her seat as she watched the scenery pass. The group had been driving for what felt like hours and her excitement at the prospect of going to Brazil had yet to dissipate. She was thinking about all the things that she could do while there, which only made her more excited. Suddenly she stopped bouncing and a more serious expression appeared on her face as she realized something. Turning to Axel she said, “Axel, I, um, I got to pee.”

Rhi turned around after Noel finished her statement. "Umm..would you prefer outside or can you wait until we get to a gas station?" Rhi asked a hint of concern in her voice. Things like this needed addressed but she, and probably Axel too, was worried about being spotted in a public place.

(Sry guys. Alot of stuff has gone on. And these are short cuz im trying to write them on my tablet...ugh)