Nova University

Jeric-

Jeric stood still in the midst of the explosion. It sent a small wave of elements everywhere. Frost, electricity, some smashed pieces of rock, and water droplets fell to the ground. Cren growled and hissed through Jeric. "You will die swords man" Cren muttered.

Jeric suddenly came to be his normal self, "Wha? Where am I?" But then he felt all strength fading from his body, and he collapsed on his right side. Hitting the ground he lost all sight and fell into darkness in his mind. He had passed out completely, tired and weak.

Grey-

Grey looked at the boy after the explosion, feeling the cold electric and pebble like breeze pass by him. He was concerned even more now. Hearing the Wraith speak something unintelligible, he tried to get closer a bit. He sheathed his swords and walked over slowly. He was now wondering about the Wraith's host. Would he be alright, was he okay at all at this moment of time?

Then the host spoke in a normal voice, as if the Wraith disappeared completely. He asked where he was apparently, like he knew nothing of what happened. Then Grey noticed him falling over on his right side. He tried to get over to the boy before he hit the ground, but was too late. Jeric had seemingly fell into an unconscious state. Grey tried to help him up, but to no avail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Klalia

Klalia didn't notice the distress in Amberlyn's voice, until she mentioned the fight right outside the Main Hall. The Head's actions made a lot more of sense now that the Elemental knew what was happening. A fight? Today?

"Who exactly is fight -"
She started, not being able to finish since Amberlyn came to a sudden stop, making Klalia almost bump into her.

"A healing plant? But of course I do, I am just afraid I do not have one of them with me right...now..." The green skinned woman reached for a little purse hanging around her hip, mumbling to herself as she searched for something. Her eyes lightened up for a second as her lip gave a little curl that could be considered a grin, at least in Klalia's case. "Never mind. I have a couple of seed in here, it will take at least 5 minutes for them to grow with the help of my magic, it is faster than run all the way towards my greenhouse. I will just need hot water, but that will not be difficult to fetch because of the feast."

Last edited by a moderator:
Markus stared at the suddenly animated food, his eyes going very round. Was she allowed to do that? How did she even do that?

"Wha-a-a-t?" He blurted, forgetting completely about her snobbish attitude and general arrogance, focusing solely on the animated pork. He was very surprised, he didn't realize people could do those kinds of things. The trolls only had illusion magic (he had a touch of illusion himself, but not much), and this would be the first time he has ever seen such a thing.

[The professor was fully prepared to intervene now with the possessed student making death threats and by all accounts, meaning them. Luckily for all involves, he toppled after seeming to regain his sanity. Immediately, the other boy was at his side trying to help him up.

"I'd advise against that," he warned Grey. "You've already seen what he can do; you don't want to catch a face full of magic."

He approached the two, his step relaxed but his eyes betraying his wariness. Amberlyn was supposed to return soon and with help, presumably to deal with the now unconscious student. Healing and containment weren't among Mishra's repertoire, aside from his knowledge of poisons and paralytics but that wasn't much use here.

"Back up and wait for Amberlyn to return with help. If he regains consciousness, I'll subdue him."]

Grey-

Grey was unsure, but one thing he did know is that Jeric was going to be out for a while. When a being uses up too much magical energy or over uses their strength for something they are ought to be out for a good time. At least that's what Grey can remember from what happened to him a few times before. He heard what Mishra stated, and replied, "From what I know, he over exerted himself, so I don't think a face full of magic will be a problem. Besides, did you notice that his body is half covered in bandages and the other is no? Then when you look at his face, half of it looks dead." He studied the 19 year old closely himself, he seemed to be out, but he stepped back just to be safe.

Grey looked at Mishra and then back at Jeric. When he concentrated he could see both of the spirits, of Jeric's and the Wraith's. It was odd. Then he remembered what Jeric had screamed before. It was a weird scream.

Amberlyn LaRosa , Teal
"Okay, I will get some water. You start the planting and I will be back soon."

Amberlyn turned back around away from Klalia and headed back toward the entrance of the main hall. She walked quickly, no longer feeling such an intense sense of urgency. As she got closer, she saw the students and Mishra in the distance. It seemed the aggressor was incapacitated, and the fighting was over, at least for now. She approached the group, rather than going straight inside.

"Klalia is growing a healing plant at the moment, but she needs me to get some water." Amberlyn looked to the young man on the ground. Half his body was covered in bandages.

"How is he?"

Genevieve Brookes , Plum
Genny watched as the pig waddled around the table. She ignored the girl's condescension, but made a note in her mind. Not very friendly. The girl, did, however, seem like a good source of information.

"Impressive. Can all Tenshi do that then?"

She looked back to Markus, who seemed a bit shocked. He would get used to seeing that sort of thing at Nova, it would just take time. Genny giggled again.

"I'd love to know more, if you'd tell me." She waited for her to respond, bracing for another snarky remark.

"'Can all Tenshi do this' you ask? Most of us. Some of us are more powerful. I once met a man who reanimated the corpse of a Leviathan and kept it as a pet for 24 years." She had dropped the snob act, she knew she wouldn't be able to keep it up much longer especially if she were conversing about something she was knowledgeable on. "And it's not limited to the dead either. We can do the same with any inanimate object that has a life-like form." To illustrate her point, she detached her soul from the boar, which collapsed onto the plate once more, and attached it to a small figurine of some kind of deity, most likely, that someone had on a necklace. Slowly, she moved it's makeshift joints, as if warming it up before use like modeling clay. When it's animation was satisfactory, she had it climb up onto the wearer's shoulder and begin to unfasten the chain. Of course, since the figurine hadn't had eyes drawn on it, she couldn't see what she was doing, so it was quite difficult work. In an attempt to unnerve the other people at the table, she smirked creepily and said "We can also do the same with living bodies. Kick out the original soul and take it over for ourselves..."

["You forget - there's a wraith inside of him. As you said, he looks half dead. Looks like a half-assed job of turning to me but so do a lot of things. The point is that the wraith could very easily be sustaining him. And as you just witnessed, it can take control of the body. No, you have everything to worry about it. We don't know what this wraith is capable of. Even if the host threw him out, the host is unconscious and the wraith might be able to slip back into full control and it obviously isn't exhausted and probably it's own powers to contend with. This is a wild card, and I'm the only wild card around here. But, I can't just finish the job because he is a student; I suspect someone knows of his condition, which isn't me, though I'd like to take a look at him if I get the chance. We err on the side of safety, seeing as you're one of the University's charges."

"The body is unconscious," he said in response to Amberlyn. "But there is still the wraith that we might have to deal with. Other than that, nothing physically wrong aside from the fact that it looks like a botched undead turning. Nothing more without poking around inside of him; easily done if you only ask."]

"Kick out another soul? Uh, please don't do that to me, I actually like my body." Of anyone where to find out he wasn't Markus, he'd be dead. Humans didn't like changelings then, and they probably still didn't. He felt himself shudder. "That's really cool though."

Grey -

Grey stood by, listening, and thinking to himself as well. "Well it may have been a half done job, but that doesn't mean that the Wraith will always win. I have seen my fair share of Wraiths, but I have not seen one like this. Didn't the Wraith say its name at all by any chance though" Grey questioned Mishra. "It would seem the Wraith would have a name since it had fellow Wraiths that I had killed back then, if it had fellow Wraiths they must have called each other by some type of name. It feels like the only logical answer to me" Grey continued on.

He had put his right hand up to his chin and crossed his left arm across his chest to hold up his right. He noticed Amberlyn come back, but said nothing he was unsure of what to do with the student he had just faced, no matter if the Wraith was inside of him or not, maybe there was something more that was going on, Jeric needed to give answers on this so that way people could understand.

Amberlyn LaRosa , Teal
He was unconscious. That was all. It seemed he would be okay. At least, it seemed no significant damage was done from this fight. As for the wraith that has taken control of him, it was impossible to know at this point. Nevertheless, after being knocked out, a bit of a healing concoction would still be helpful in his recovery.

"Thank you, Mishra, for looking after him. I should be back soon." Amberlyn said as she left the scene and entered the hall in search of hot water for Klalia's plant.

Most of the students at the feast seemed entirely normal, as if they didn't notice what had occurred outside moments ago. Amberlyn nodded gently to the students who acknowledged her, but kept pace to the kitchen. The staff had already begun washing some dishes, although most were still in use. Amberlyn grabbed a small goblet from the overhead cabinet.

"Pardon," she said to the woman scrubbing a pot which seemed to have been used for the soup. She did not wait to be excused before she dipped the goblet under the running faucet and filled it to the brim. Looking around the room she added, "The meal was exquisite, by the way. As per usual."

She took the water out the side door of the main hall, trying not to draw a crowd outside. Klalia was in view in a matter of moments. When she reached her, she offered her the water, not entirely sure how the process of herbology worked. While one may think alchemy would relate to herbology quite well, the truth was working with living ingredients was entirely different.

Genevieve Brookes , Plum
Genny was genuinely fascinated at what this Tenshi was saying. In all her studies, she had never heard of anyone taming a Leviathan, let alone controlling its soul like that. She watched as the girl with the figurine pendant squirmed its new life.

"That is very cool," Genny repeated. At that point she realized she had not given her a proper introduction.

"I'm Genny, by the way. I take magic classes, mainly to gain better control of my visions." She turned back from the Tenshi to Markus, who was visibly shaken. Thinking a distraction could help, she added, "So, we know that she's doing here. How about you Markus? What are you studying?"

Genny leaned her arm on the table, pushing the plate of ham away when she did so, and rested her head on her chin, feigning intense interest.

"I'm Shakumi. Nice to meet you." Just then, she finally managed to undo the fastening on the pendant, releasing the figurine from it's taunting prison. It jumped onto the table and began to silently dance while the other two main characters at the table conversed. She half-listened to what they were saying, but only enough to learn their names. When she heard the girl named Genny address the male as "Markus", she paused the figurine's mindless dancing to observe the Markus fellow more closely. His name's Markus? She thought she had heard wrong. While she wasn't particularly familiar with commontongue, she thought she knew enough to know how to pronounce most things. Isn't his name Nikolai? Perhaps it's an incorrect reading... She could see a little more about the creature named Markus, beyond it's true name, but she didn't pry further. Instead, she reanimated the boar at the same time as the figurine and had one eat the other. The figurine's smaller fragment was released as the figurine was crushed, and it rushed to merge with the nearest bound section of her soul. She always thought it felt funny when that happened so she liked to do it occasionally.

Oracio Krego , Green

Already there was a commotion outside. At least the transpiring events had waited until the speech was over to be at the teachers hands. Amberlyn had called for Arukab, who currently was not in the room, but Professor Ayrie had already risen to the occasion. They were the heads of house, anything that needed taking care of could be trusted to them, so Krego chose to stay idle and eat his fish. Glancing over at Henry, Krego decided to star conversation.

"Let's hope we don't have any trips to the infirmary just yet, that's a bad omen for the year." Washing down his last bite with some Green Tea, he continued while also changing the subject that he had initiated with, "Regardless, the day is coming to a close. Students should start retreating into their dorms soon enough, and I think I'll do the same once my stomach settles a little. I may have had a bit too much."

Arukab Tragide , Gray

Finally, finish the last of the paperwork needed to start the year, Arukab glanced outside his office window to see the sun was setting. Did the day really pass by that fast? Returning to the Main Hall at this point would be a waste, as any food not devoured by hungry mouths would no doubt be cold. Still, one missed feast of the many he's taken part in was a good enough attendance. Closing his blinds, Arukab headed for the Sentinel Housing located east of the Central Building.

A relatively small number of students were retiring to their dorms but the majority stayed inside, probably still socializing. A smile but noticeable smile grew on Arukabs face. He felt this would be a good year and hoped to see many strong students grow under his tutelage.

"Alchemy, and basic magic." He replied, almost shyly. "I have a rudimentary illusion magic." He was the only one in his "family" that had any form of magic, and no one else before his mother or grandfather even had any. He grinned impishly.

"But I'm not lacking anywhere else." That sounded bad. Perhaps he shouldn't have said that. He didn't really want them to think her was flirting with them, or that he was arrogant. "Ah, academic wise, I mean." He stumbled, trying to save himself.

Henry-

Henry looked over at Krego when he had been spoken too. He listened for the moment, and then in response, replied back, "Indeed. I wonder what's going on outside though, did you hear that small explosion by any chance? It makes me wonder if we are doing fire works." He wondered if the explosion though was just an early mishap as well, imagining the mishap in his mind.

Henry watched another set of students, one of them was making the food come alive, then a little figurine. That seemed unusual to him so he decided to look away from it. Just a moment ago, he noticed Mishra had walked out of the main hall, probably for whatever was happening out front anyways, at least that's what Henry had taken into consideration.

Grey-

Grey walked away and into the Main Hall, looking for food, he hadn't eaten all day or last night. When he walked in, the food was almost all gone, and whatever was left was probably cold. Maybe he could have a little fun with it though.

He set up his Windbreaker sword in a cocked back chair against a wall, it was set standing straight up. Then he took a large turkey wing, which was as cold as ice, and unsheathed his Flame's Dawn sword and aimed it, taking his strength, tossing arc, and the food landing onto the sword, all into thought.

Grey then tossed the large turkey wing up in the air. He aimed like he did before, and shouted out, "Flame Shot!" The sword burned white hot as flames began to appear around the sword. Then with a forward stab, the flames were shot off of the blade and towards the turkey wing. Striking the food with epic precision, the flames evaporated off of the food, knocking it directly onto the Windbreaker sword. So Grey walked over and picked up the blade, taking the steamingly, slightly burnt food, off of it. After taking a bite he smiled, "This is good. Glad I heated it up."

Klalia

Klalia nodded to the woman gratefully as the other turned around to go fetch some water. The Casted one looked around for a second, her eyes coming to a halt as they fixed on a green area, not the perfect place to grow a plant, but it would do. She opened a little hole on the ground and placed the seeds in it, before closing it and patting the little mount of dirt; everything was done with such delicacy that it wouldn't be a surprise if the ground suddenly sighed in pleasure.

"Alright, little one. Time to grow." Klalia whispered in a gentle voice, sounding like a mother trying to put her child to sleep. She placed both of her hands on the ground around the area the seeds were supposed to be buried, closed her eyes, and let magic flow. As her hands gleamed an yellowish glow, the plant started to grow, to show its first leaves. Klalia heard the sound of steps and opened her eyes, it seemed Amberlyn was back with the hot water, and as she was about to offer it, the once spirit held out her hand, as if telling her to wait for a second. Giving her full attention to the small plant once again, it was back to growing, as if offended of being left aside even if for a second.

"You spoiled little one." Klalia murmured with a hint of an amused tone, shaking her head lightly. The process continued for more 5 minutes, with her whispering randoms "I know" and "I am sorry". Truthfully, to accelerate a plant growing process like this wasn't the appropriate thing to do, it didn't hurt the plant, but it wasn't comfortable either. But desperate times called for desperate measures.

Soon enough, the plant reached its peak, with beautiful pink flowers surrounding it. Klalia picked up the water from Amberlyn's hands, pulled a few of the plants leaves and closed her hand around them, when she opened it, the leaves were nothing more than a pile of green dust, which she threw on the hot water. Now, it just seemed to be the usual green tea, some say it tastes the same as well, but the important thing is that its effects were miraculous, or at least close.

"It is done. Lead the way." She said to the other, the tea on her hands. "Also, if the plant does not work, we might need a more powerful potion. But the best would be to call a real healer."

[Mishra shrugged by way of answering Grey; he had come in partway through the altercation and hadn't caught any names. He also hadn't toyed with this particular student before so he had no knowledge of the student from before; it was possible they were new to this semester. The way things were right now, this little incident could go so many ways.

Looking around surreptitiously, he found himself alone, Grey having left for the feast. He approached the unconscious body, still wary of it with his hand on his blade. He didn't like what was going on here, not in the slightest. The body itself was interesting but the Wraith... that was a far more pressing matter. And one that had to be looked into. There were several among the staff who might be helpful in the endeavour but that would require asking and Mishra was the type to not do that. Still... this was a touch out of his league, though he hated to admit it.

As such, he awaited the return of Amberlyn and hopefully a remedy for the current situation.]

Amberlyn LaRosa , Teal
"This should do fine. Turns out he's just been knocked unconscious. But this will still help." Amberlyn began walking to the entrance, gesturing for Klalia to walk with her. "And thank you for your help."

The main hall was not far, and soon she saw Mishra standing alone over this student's body. She became acutely aware that she had yet to learn the young man's name. When she reached the scene once more, she bent down to her knees beside him, gently tapping his face, trying to wake him up so he could take the tea.

"We must discuss ways to handle this situation, with Arukab at the very least," she said to Mishra, "but for now he will need to rest."

She tapped his face again, less gentle this time around, but kindly all the same. There was little more she could do at this point aside from wait for him to return.

Genevieve Brookes , Plum
Genny could tell that Markus was nervous talking to them both, although she had yet to figure out if it was because he was shy around girls, or if he was a typical first-year, unsure about the whole process. Regardless, she thought he could use a friend.

"Well, we've got illusion magic, soul-manipulation, and prediction magic all together. We'd make a good team." She laughed at her own idea, conjuring images of the three saving worlds together like super-heroes. On the bright side, she was able to distinguish well now what was a vision and what was imagination. That was once an issue.

Genny picked at the last bit of food in front of her, and glanced outside. It was darkening outside, signalling the close of the day and of the feast. She put her napkin on the plate and stood.

"I'm headed back to my dormitory now. I run the library, so I don't imagine it will be long before I see you both again. And Markus, dormitories are separated by houses, so I might see you sooner rather than later." She waved to them both as she turned around, walking slowly in case they called anything out to her, although not expecting much of a goodbye from either of them.

["We could always put him on ice," Mishra suggested. "At least until we can devise precautions against this."

For him, it was a serious statement, though mostly because the place where they would put him in stasis was nearby his own lab and therefore, he could have nearly unlimited access to see what exactly was going on.

"This doesn't need to happen again, at least not in an uncontrolled setting like this. If it hadn't been for the other student being just as adept, there could have been problems. But I think we have a bigger problem. Have you any record in your books of Wraiths possessing anyone? I've not heard or read any of it before."]

Klalia

Klalia followed Amberlyn through the campus, both coming to a halt once they reached the main hall. Immediately, she saw the lump on the floor and Mishra standing above it, waiting for Amberlyn to approach first. Once closer to the body, she saw that it was just a young man, unconscious and... Wait, did Mishra say - possessed?

"Possession?" The question was directed to both of the Heads, though her eyes didn't leave the body laying in front of her. Possession wasn't an unusual thing, there were a lot of spirits who possessed anothers to experience the physical life, but she never heard of a Wraith doing so, at least not until today. "Possession is not something rare to happen, I myself have already possessed others in the past, back when I was still a spirit. If done correctly, a possession should not affect someone's mind too much, but..." She casted a glance to the boy's face, her free hand gesturing to his body. "I do not think a Wraith is worried about something like that. We do not know how this young man will be when he wakes up, nor do we know if the Wraith has already left, or not."

Klalia shrugged with her head, placing the bowl with the tea on the ground beside her as she kneeled to have a better glance of the laying man in front of her.
"However," she began. "I do not know if the same rules apply to the Wraiths, I could be talking nonsense here." Klalia paused for a moment, eyes still glued to the student. "I agree with Mishra, if he is still possessed, we should not let him roam free. But, if he is not, at least supervision for a while. Until we find a solution for this."