Not in Wonderland (Aryk Jay Ichijou and Damnit Max)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Before Chris could reply a voice sounded loudly, "Ah yes! Tea time! Tea time! Plenty of room, plenty of room! Come join! Join! Don't make me mad now!"
A little tired squeak chimmed in as well, "yes... Plenty of room... Plenty of room..."
Another frantic sounding voice also came into play, "Yes! Do not be afraid! Come join! We can sense you!"
All together the voices came as almost terrifying chime, "we are all mad here! Don't make us amgry!"

Chris looked at dee, not exactly knowing what to do. "What if they come after us...?" He whispered to him, a bit frightened from what might happened.

Dee's face went sheet white, his stomach dropping to his toes. "I don't think it matters at this point," Dee whispered "I think we're dead either way." he tried to think over their two options. First was we could join the owners of the voices for 'tea time' and possibly be killed. Second was runaway and probably be hunted down by angry creatures and be brutally slaughtered. Letting out a shaky breath Dee finally spoke again "Let's go to them, maybe there's someway to get out of there alive if we try to appease them."
Swallowing his fear Dee started to walk towards the voices, their callings getting louder and more excited.

Chris followed close behind, preparing himself for anything
When they got there there was a rotting mouse tiredly nearly falling asleep on a tea plate. There were many chairs and many tables, all looking old and weird. The voices cheered.

An almost rabbit looking creature with it's jaw falling off made a look as to smile at them, its arm was not at all in place and there was blood coming from one eye.

Finally, there was a seemingly normal looking man with a big purple hat with a black ribbon around it. "Ah! I am so glad you could make it! By chance, are you the new Alice's? The ones that will set us free?" It asked. As it turned around its face was burnt to a crisp and one eye was dangling down, it was missing an ear and had long nails.
All of them were drinking tea.

Chris nearly wanted to puke at the site, he slightly trembled, "A-Alice's? ..." He looked over at Dee, wondering if he knew anything about this or what at all was going on.

Dee looked over at Chris and gave him a shrug not knowing what they were talking about. The man in the hat looked over at Dee, his one eye widening a little "Oh my! It seems you've already been here for quite some time already!" he said, the frowned a little "So strange we haven't had you for tea before!"
The rabbit-like creature spoke up "Come sit down" he bounced a little in his seat, his jaw swinging from the one hinge it was attached to. "Sit, sit!" the sleepy and decomposed mouse echoed. Dee gave a wary look over to Chris and sat down, a teacup and saucer being shoved his way. Picking it up he looked down and nearly gagged, the contents of dainty cup. Red-brown sludge sat inside, giving off a strong smell of rot.

Chris gulped and sat down as well, another tea cup being shoved towards him.
"My my, you do not look like Alice at all!" The man in the hat said before standing up, "Time to switch!!" All of them started to move seats, pushing the other two as well.
The tired decomposing mouse, "switch switch." It yyawned.
The rabbit creature moved at well, "switch now! Not enough room! Not enough room!",
The others coppiced his voice as they started to push the boys out, "Not enough room! Room enough not!"
Chris stood up, thankful they didn't get to drink the tea, "W-wait, can't you tell us where we are?"

Being shoved into new seats it clicked in Dee's head, being a huge fan of Disney movies it's easy to imagine what scene this scenario brought to mind. "Chris," He said quietly "I think this is supposed to be Wonderland, from the story Alice in Wonderland. Or at least some version of it." Had he really been living the last twenty years inside a children's story induced nightmare?
Sitting down the man in the hat looked over at Dee again, grinning "Oh we haven't been called 'Wonderland' in such a long time!" he said passing out new teacups of sludge. "Not since Alice." said the mouse dreamily. The rabbit's face distorted into anger "The insufferable bitch leaving us like this." he said in a fast low toned voice. His face quickly turning passive again, him and the others carrying on like that line wasn't spoken.
Dee's stomach twisted and churned he looked at Chris out of the corner of his eye, sending him a look that seemed to speak 'What do we do now?'

Chris looked at Dee as well before standing up, "White rabbit!"
They all stopped and looked at him.
The man I the hat sipped his tea, "The time keeper? White rabbit hasn't been seen for years..." He suddenly laughed.
Everyone else laughed as well.
The mouse looked at him, "white rabbit lead Alice here... Twisted being."
The rabbit thing laughed, nearly falling out of his seat, "Works for the red queen he does!"
The man in the hat stood up and walked to Chris, taking his chin in his own cold hands as if he were dead, "Beware of the white rabbit boy."
Chris slightly shook with gear before shaking his head. Before there was anytime to answer the man in the hat yelled, "TIME TO SWITCH!" and yet again everyone ewas pushed and shoved around.
Chris looked at Dee, thinking that this would be a good time to leave.

"The white rabbit what the one that led us both here in the first place," Dee tried to explain as they were pushed about the table "And Chris just got here today so he must be close by still." he finished as he was shoved into a rotting arm chair. The hatter sat down at the very end of the table and looked at them all sternly "Heed our warning new Alice's, run away from the time keeper," the rotting rabbit took up the sentence "keep away from the castle," and together they ended "and don't go near the roses." they finished, their faces hard and serious. However in a flash their smiles returned and they were whipping out new teacups to serve.
"Uh, thank you for the advice," Dee began starting to stand up "but we need to get going, like you said we're the new Alice's and we're supposed to save you," he said slowly trying to pull whatever excuse he could out of his ass at this point "and we can't save anyone if we're just sitting around drinking tea all day." he looked over at Chris hoping he'd follow his lead.

Chris stood up as well, "we do bid a good day to you..."
It seemed thy were not paying attention, and et again the song started, "Sky the in tray tea a like high so world the above up at you're where wonder we how bay little twinkle twinkle!" The song repeated its self over and over as they left quickly, becoming more distorted as they got further away.
Chris looked up at Dee, "what was all that? If this is anything like the story books this isn't how it came about..."

"This is really nothing like the story," Dee said once he felt they were far enough away "I mean those three were in the original story, yes, but that wasn't what they were like. They especially didn't look like that, it's supposed to be a story for children." he explained. "I've been here long enough to know this place isn't a dream, but I hate to think that a children's story like Alice in Wonderland is true. The original story itself was a bit twisted, but this is like Tim Burton on meth." he shuddered.
The tea party was held in a clearing in the woods so they still weren't out quite yet. Dee's pace was a tad quicker than before, wanting to get out of the trees as soon as possible. "And I'm still confused on what that rabbit thing meant when he called Alice a bitch," he said "I thought they loved her in the story."

Chris thought for a moment, "that's it... Maybe that is just a story. Maybe there is something here that the story didn't tell. Even if there are many variations of the story, maybe this could be the one never told." He kept up with the other, he wanted to get out just as much as he did.

Dee hummed a little as he thought "Could be possible, maybe the original story wasn't the true story, it could very well have been twisted around to make Alice look like the victim turned hero. For now I think we should disregard Alice's point of view in the original story. I believe all the people she encountered are here, but they might be a tad different. Have you read the original story? I realize I don't have much of a clue to what people during your time period still read." he asked as the continued their walking.

Chris looked at him, "like I've said before, nothing really has changed. People do live longer now though. Yes. IHave ready the original story... Well, didn't Alice meet that cat I here? Do you think it has turned to a beast now?"
Suddenly a wide smile had appeared along with a cat, "Why, is that any way to treat a host~~?" He was upsidedown on the tree.
Chris jumped seeing the cat as a normal cat like from the story.

Dee jumped a little too, his eyes wide "I guess not everything changed." he said after collecting himself. The cat hummed a bit, teeth sparkling in the light "Yes, not all things have changed or differ from the story you all know," he said, his tail swaying back and forth as he spoke. "It's about time I was able to do something to get Damien here moving around," Dee cringed at the use of his first name "19 years and you never took time to explore." The cat tutted, his head twisting to the side. "Not quite the adventurer you were in your younger years." the cat rambled on.

Chris watched, "uhm... I'm sorry, but what do you mean? Did yo bring us here?"
The cat looked at him before fading and appearing behind them, floating, "in a way... I suppose I helped. But you must figure out what to do." He disappeared again and came back floating in front of them.
Chris looked at him, "what do you mean?" He tried not to get startled whenever the cat would disappear and reappear.

Dee took a small step back when the cat reappeared in front of them. "Well I brought you here for a reason, but it'd be no fun to watch if I gave you all the answers," the cat said in a sing-song voice "I could easily fix it all myself, but that's just boring." he sighed. "If you do what you want us to do will you send us back to where we came from?" Dee asked. The cat gave a small shrug "I may, or I may not. Who says I do have the power to send you back. Technically I was not the one who brought you here in the first place." continued the feline, flipping upside down to watch them. This cat was starting to give Dee a headache.

Chris sighed, "alright.... So the white rabbit... That's who we have to find to take us back.... Right." He looks at Dee, "it may be the only way."
The cat frowned, "The White rabbit is completely insane. Do not trust him for anything." His smile reappeared, "oh, I hear the red queen~~ you might Wang to go." The cat disappeared, leaving only his smile to fade like in the books.
Chris looked at Dee, frowning.

"So we're told by a group of insane tea drinkers to not go near the white rabbit or the queen, and then we have the cat who agrees to not trust the white rabbit but says to go to the queen." Dee let out a sigh of frustration "I liked this place a lot better when no one was around," he mumbled scratching at his horns again. "Well seeing as the only contradiction to what we have been told is about the queen, maybe she's the one we should find." Dee said, more thinking out loud to himself then actually talking to Chris.

Chris nodded, "alright. Let's go then... Did you really not explore this place the whole time you have been here?" He asked, starting to walk again.

Dee grimaced a little "Yeah, I mainly kept to the woods, but I don't feel like I've been here for that awful long, few weeks at the most from my perspective," he explained "The woods just seemed safer, the trees weren't too dense and there was plenty of cover to hide. I also was stuck on the idea if the entrance where we came from was there maybe the exit was in the same area." he sighed "And now I'm questioning if it's even worth it going back, I have no one to go back to and if my appearance doesn't revert back to normal I can't really be among other people." He stopped talking for a small while, just wanting a bit of time to think things over. He paused in walking momentarily to squint to an area to their right. "It looks like there's a break in the trees over there." he said and started to walk in that direction.