Not in Wonderland (Aryk Jay Ichijou and Damnit Max)

Chris slightly sighed to himself, he wished that time hadn't passed for him, and maybe when they left they would go back to his time.
As soon as Dee turned Chris looked at him and followed, "hmm? Is there now?"
As they walked towards it there was a giant open space, almost patterned as a chess board from the different shades of dying and burnt grasses that lay straight ahead of them. "What is this??" He asked, looking around at it.

"Looks like a chess board, I don't remember there being any motif's about chess used in the story, deck of cards yes, but not really chess." He said looking around. He looked up to the horizon trying to see if there were any buildings, hopefully a castle, in the distance. There was nothing of distinction he could see from that distance. "I don't see much ahead of us, do you want to go this way or head back and try to find someplace else?" he asked looking back over to Chris. "Oh I might of mentioned it before but it's always day time here, so if you get tired just tell me and we can find a place to sleep. You don't get hungry here but you can get pretty tired."

Chris nodded, "alright. No I am not tired. I'm not sure what this is... but it could have been an old field of some sort.... let's go..." he started to walk over the chess board, "it feels strange here..."
The chess board seemed to light up only slightly as Chris walked forward without looking down. "Come on." He said softly as he continued to walk and look around.

Dee nodded and followed him, the ground itself felt a bit weird to step on. It had a kind of bounce? Sort of a squish? It reminded Dee of how some of the flooring at gyms feel, slightly padded. Part of him wanted to ask Chris if he had noticed, but he decided to stay silent and keep walking along. He froze up a bit when he stepped into one spot that felt like he just walked over a water bed. "Hey did you feel that?" Dee asked looking over at Chris, then back to the ground where he had stepped. He placed a foot over it and gently put some weight on it, again feel similar to fluid. Dee crouched down trying to look closer at the patch.

Chris stopped and looked at him, "hmm? Feel what?" He took a step towards him as the grass wobbled like a water beds, causing him to fall over just by Dee's feet.
"Wh-what the he'll?" He slightly pushed it, the grass moving a bit more. "What is this place? Could this be another untold part of the story?" He looked up at Dee.
Without time to answer Chris started to sink into the grass. He gave a yell as he tried to move from the spot, he was already stuck, "Sh-shit! Hello no!" He squirmed as much as possible, "g-go back Dee!" He yelled as he reached tuner himself, there was some grass entangling itself to hold Chris's shirt. Soon the grass entangled Dee's shoes as well.

"Shitshitshitshitshitfuck-" Dee sounded off in surprise, trying to back away. The grass had already gotten a hold of him, forcing his feet together. Loosing balance Dee toppled over next to Chris on the ground, grass grabbing onto his arms and thighs. "Fuuuck," Dee said in frustration trying to pull himself away as he was being dragged down. The ground or wherever they were being dragged into was pleasantly warm, like the feeling of being wrapped up in a thick blanket. As nice as that is, Dee was far too freaked out to enjoy the sensation as they were being dragged lower.

Chris struggled, he quickly removed his shirt and got up on his knees. It was too late though, his arms were being dragged down and his legs were already under. "Fuck! H-Help!" He didn't know what else to do, he could only hope that someone out there had to have headed him before his mouth was roughly taken by the grass.
Slowly Chris was growing weaker and he was nearly to stop struggling. He was slowly going to sleep, slightly looking over at Dee with a tired gaze as he was nearly all the way under the grass.

Dee's thrashing only continued when he saw the last of Chris be pulled under. He felt grass coming up and pinning him down, some grass coming to wrap around his throat as if to silence him. Feeling the edges of his vision darken Dee tried to let out one more strangled cry for help before he felt himself be swallowed up. His vision clouded and darkened until he could see nothing but black. He felt like he was floating in a void, and his senses felt dull, he was over come by the warmth he felt, his mind becoming hazy. It felt very much like being drunk before he lost full consciousness.

When they woke up it was undetermined how long they had slept but it only felt like a minute. They were in a small dank cave system that seemed to go on in almost every direction for miles with no light.
Chris woke up and looked around, barely able to see five feet in front of himself. He sat up and rubbed his head, having a major headache. He looked over to see Dee still unconscious and he onlynwondered when he would wake up and where they were.

Dee felt like he was in a free-fall before he jerked awake, suddenly sitting up and gasping. He clutched his head, the sudden movement jarring his head. "Shiiiit," He groaned rubbing at his temples. Massaging a bit of the pain away he finally opened his eyes and looked around. Letting out a small sigh of relief when he saw Chris. Their new location didn't set well with him. "What do you think this place is?"

Chris shook his head, "I don't know... If it follows the story then it could be some sort of rabbit hole..." He looked at Dee, "which way do you think we should go?, there are a lot and it might be to dangerous to go desperate ways..."

"Try to find a tunnel that feels like wind is blowing through it, or the air seems fresher, that means it leads to the surface." Dee said getting up. He started to go to the entrances of each of the tunnels, checking for a breeze. He crinkled his nose when one of them smelt of rotted meat and sulfur. Definitely not that way. None really seemed to be a source of any fresh air. Humming he looked around. "Looks like we might have to just pick at random."

Chris followed his example and started sniffing around, "God. They all smell horrible." He smelled the last one, "this one... doesn't smell as bad. Still horrid, but just slightly better than the ones I've smelled." He motioned Dee over.

Dee came over a breathed in the air "I guess it is a little better. We might as well try it." he nodded. He started to walk into the tunnel, the tunnel would sometimes narrow or widen. There were points where they'd have to walk single file, shoulders still brushing the sides of the tunnel. Dee had to keep is hand on the wall, not being able to see where they were going.

Chris followed him, He tried not to gag as some areas of the tunnel smelled worse or better. After a while of walking they came across two ways, both equally smelled.
Chris looked at Dee, "I don't think it's safe to split up... but... What do you think?" He asked, hopping he was thinking the same thing.

Dee nodded "Yeah it'd be too dangerous to split up, be better just pick one. Is there one you want to go down? If not I'm just gonna iny-meanie-minie-mo and go down which ever one." he said. A sudden clattering sounded through out the tunnel, coming from the left tunnel. Dee froze up looking down the tunnel, it was impossible to see what made the noise. "I'm not sure if that's a good sign or not."

Chris took a deep breath, "I don't think I want to stay to find out.." slightly whispered. Moving slightly past Dee he went quietly to the right, making sure to listen. There were no noises but Chris still wanted to be careful.

"To the right then." Dee said and started walking down it. It felt like the floor of the tunnel has started to slope upwards, they must have been heading towards the surface. Dee felt a little excited, hopefully wherever they ended up it was better than where they had been. They air started to get a bit nicer to breathe, cleaner smelling, cooler in temperature.

Chris slightly started to go a bit faster pace, he wanted to get out of the darkness of these tunnels.

((*narrator doesn't know where they should be sorry for short response shabby*))

((it's fine, I like your new picture by the way!))

Dee's hand that he had been keeping in front of himself just in case came into contact with a surface, not stone like the walls but wood. Shuffling his hand over the wood he found a handle. "It's a door." Dee said in delight. Putting his ear against the door he listened for anything that could be behind the door. "I don't hear anything behind the door, you think it's safe to go through?" he asked Chris.