Ninja Team Omega: Taming the Stolen Lands (Naruto AU) OOC and Characters

@Lore Magus

Now I have a scene in mind where we see a bandit kicking a male wolf (if you imagine he may be Nightlight's future mate, you may be not wrong) and seeing how Yuji reacts. I know how Hasaki would react :3

Reactions: Lore Magus
@Lore Magus

Now I have a scene in mind where we see a bandit kicking a male wolf (if you imagine he may be Nightlight's future mate, you may be not wrong) and seeing how Yuji reacts. I know how Hasaki would react :3
He would likely use an earth-style jutsu first to separate the bandit from the wolf, then to completely trap him. He'd be really mad, but would prioritize the wolf's well-being first. He'd be perfectly willing to let anyone beat the crap out of the bandit though XD

The potential for him to get mad enough to hit himself would depend on the level of development that's happened to that point, but it would still be a possibility.

okay, here's my characters:
  • Yuji Morimoto

Temporary Image
    39134-54309210.png

Appearance
    He has a somewhat thick-boned frame, with unkempt, dark-grey hair that has two tufts on top that make him look to have wolf ears. He often wears a dark-green kosode and pale-green hakama, tied with a black obi sash. Beneath this he wears chain mail and his village's Chuunin flak jacket, as well as a pair of wrist gauntlets, and keeps his village headband tied to the obi on one side. He also brought along a survival backpack to this mission for holding any supplies he may need or gather. The current image is a temporary placeholder for his general appearance until I've finished drawing him myself (will take a bit of time).

Personality
    Yuji is a very calm and level-headed person. He's very warm-hearted, and with great respect towards life he values friendship and cooperation, so much so that he avoids direct physical conflict at all costs. His mentality is that he doesn't want to hurt others, and will only fight back if there's no other option for survival. If he absolutely has to take a life, whether it's a person or even an animal, he does his best to make it as painless as possible.

Weapons
    His loadout is highly unorthodox compared to your average shinobi.

-Longbow & Arrows
    -Large hunting knife

Jutsu
    Taijutsu: He would be decently adequate, but his personality gets in the way of him hurting anyone unless he absolutely has to. He's good at dodging strikes though, and has a high level of stamina.
    Ninjutsu: He's relatively decent at Ninjutsu, but again does his best to avoid inflicting pain. Because of this, he's taken up learning defense-type Earth Style jutsu, and has managed to learn a basic level of Medical Ninjutsu.
    Genjutsu: He's fairly capable in Genjutsu, but scarcely uses it in combat.

Clan Signature
    The Morimoto Clan uses a signature style of technique that allows them to connect with various animals and other such beasts, allowing them to gain the sensitivities of animals they connect with frequently (heightened senses like sight, hearing, smell, etc) and also adopt unique and unorthodox fighting styles. This is achieved by synchronizing the user's mental wavelengths to those of the animals, essentially allowing them to mutually understand each other. Connecting with certain types of animals can even heighten the user's physical capabilities, such as the dexterity of a bear or nimbleness of a monkey, and in rare cases can even be used to mimic the kind of beast with claws, fangs, or other such temporary modifications. This style, titled Beast Synergy, was a heavy influence for the Kiba Clan's Beast Mimicry many generations ago, but the two clans have since disconnected and have lost all connections to each other. Yuji has taken the clan signature style and developed a unique use for it, wherein he uses a type of genjutsu on himself that allows him to directly borrow the senses of animals in the area when he connects to them. The major flaws in this adaptation of Beast Synergy while he's still developing it are that it takes intense and uninterrupted focus and it uses a lot of chakra to use. He also doesn't have a guarantee that he will connect to the animal he wants to.

History
    Yuji was born as the second son of the head of the Morimoto Clan. Since he wasn't the next head of the family, he wasn't raised with as many expectations as his older brother, but his parents still showed concern towards him. Unlike most in his clan, Yuji didn't like training his body or getting stronger very much, and he was going to the Ninja Academy practically against his will, although he never really threw a fit about it.

The boy had a gentle soul, so his parents were concerned for his well-being. One thing that at least brought them some relief was that he was deeply interested in their clan's signature jutsu. After learning how to begin connecting with animals, the boy would spend countless hours in the forest. While there he would spend most of his time learning from the animals of the forest, just as any other member of the clan. What set him apart was that he didn't just talk to animals that were well known for being powerful; in fact he connected more often with animals that knew survival skills that he lacked. From them he learned things like what kinds of plants were safe to eat and which were poisonous, how to hide in places that lacked adequate cover, and some of the carnivorous animals even taught him ways to kill prey quickly and relatively painlessly. These skills eventually became highly useful in his occupation as a shinobi.

Despite not working hard to be a good fighter after becoming a Genin, he was very studious and open-minded to what he could learn. As such, he put a lot of time and effort over the years to learn Medical Ninjutsu. His drive was that rather than hurt others, he wanted to ease their pain. Eventually his squad leader recommended his team for Chuunin exams, much to his own dismay. His parents, taking this as a sign of progress in their weaker son's development, encouraged him wholeheartedly to give it his all, and he felt too guilty to let them down.

He managed to get through the first two rounds of exams easily enough since they tested his knowledge and survival skills, but when the dreaded combat portion arrived he focused on learning at least on defensive Ninjutsu to protect himself and managed to get through two rounds through holding his ground and avoiding getting hurt until his enemies were too exhausted to fight anymore.

When the third round came around, however, he ended up fighting an enemy that was aware of his methods, and who specialized in pinning down his enemies. Certain that he would lose, Yuji forfeited the match before it had begun. His clarity of judgement and range of abilities, however, awarded him the Chuunin rank, to his parents' overwhelming joy and relief. In fact, they were so overjoyed that they almost immediately signed him up for a lengthy mission to the Stolen Lands, hoping to push him to train and work even harder to be like his brother and the rest of the clan now that he had finally attained Chuunin rank after 7 years. He couldn't bring himself to argue, so he packed his things and reported for duty the next day.
  • Kazuki Hoshino
    Rudy_sng_evening_wear.png

Appearance
    He's fairly tall for his age, with flowy golden hair and emerald-green eyes. At any time of day his skin seems to sparkle and glow of radiance, but the more he uses his kekkei genkai during the day the duller the shine gets until he can soak himself in starlight again. He often wears light, airy, regal-looking clothing with a scarce amount of armor, potentially a leather undershirt and leather gloves but not much else.

Personality
    Kazuki is a very confident and self-centered person, often weighing his own safety and beliefs over those of others outside his clan. He can be stubborn and haughty, but he's also fairly intelligent. Despite his attitude, he understands the value in teamwork, particularly that solid teamwork increases the chances of his own survival if nothing else. Because he's filled with such pride, particularly in his clan, he can be very competitive at times.

Weapons

-Rapier
    -Starlight a la his Kekkei Genkai: Star Force

Jutsu
    Taijutsu: He's somewhat mediocre in straight hand-to-hand combat, especially when facing someone good at it, but he has an adequate level of stamina and is good at dodging strikes due to lots of practice with a weapon focusing on precision.
    Ninjutsu: He focuses a lot on high-output techniques, primarily focusing on destructive power despite having a relatively low chakra threshold.
    Genjutsu: He's pretty inept with Gensutsu on account of the required level of chakra control it takes, which would take away from his attention towards his beloved Kekkei Genkai that doesn't rely heavily on such subjects.

Kekkei Genkai
    Star Force - Members of the Hoshino Clan have a deep connection with the stars, and are able to store their power within them by bathing in starlight. The more power that one has in storage, the more their skin looks visibly radiant. This power can be applied for a number of jutsu-esque techniques that require little to no chakra to execute, at the expense of using up their stored power in lieu of chakra. That said, each member of the clan has a limit to how much they can absorb and hold at a time. When Kazuki uses his Kekkei Genkai in battle, he prefers to use more flashy techniques such as flash-bombs, energy beams or orbs, glowing energy shuriken of various sizes (obviously because they're shaped like stars), and sparkling explosions when things begin to look dicey.

History
    Born into the cult-like Hoshino Clan, Kazuki was naturally raised with an obsessive love of aesthetics involving the stars just like his fellow clansmen. The way his clansmen viewed things; anything involving the stars in the night sky was the height of beauty and superior to everything else, and anyone who believed otherwise were either misled, delusional, pitiful, or downright insane. With that in mind, when Kazuki came to prove that he could hold more raw energy from the stars than any other child in his generation by heavily noticeable amounts he was quickly praised as the clan's prodigy, and was treated as such.

All this attention quickly went to his head, thus deepening his complex the clan's viewpoint conditioned into their youth. While some could say it made him full of himself, a more positive outlook would say that he was oozing self-confidence from a young age. Of course, being in such a position meant he couldn't betray the expectations of his clan, so he also worked hard to learn to use his power in a way that he felt was appropriate, as well as studying about various topics that might come in handy later on. Because this also involved learning to be a ninja, he decided to take up learning to use the weapon that he saw to be to most fitting for his clan's aesthetic of beauty and elegance: the rapier. Basically, he was determined to flaunt his clan's beliefs to anyone who looked, so when he was eventually recommended for the Chuunin Exams he jumped at the occasion.

Upon participation in the exams, he essentially breezed through it all thanks to his years of studying and his combination of pure destructive force mixed with accurately devastating skills with his sword. This landed him a one-way ticket to achieving the Chuunin rank, which instigated much cheering within the clan as they threw him a celebratory clan-wide party afterwards. When word of the new mission to the Stolen Lands reached the Hoshino Clan (likely by mistake since they didn't find out directly), they immediately signed up their clan prodigy for the mission (much to their village's Kage's dismay) and Kazuki was excited to spread the message of his clan's beliefs even further to new lands.

These characters are cutie patooties

• Love
These characters are cutie patooties
D'awwwww, I'm glad you like them! Yuji I plan on drawing out myself, and your drawing was actually the inspiration for me wanting to do that ^^;

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Jessica
Hmm. Anyone got any questions or topics? Just need @DangoYumi and then I can start :D

For now I'm going to sleep since I've got work again later. See ya ^-^

I have no questions friendo

But before I go; I was curious if you were planning on setting up a spot for all the CSes to go where they're easier to find, such as making a dedicated CS thread or adding them to the head post. If adding them to the head post seems like it'd be difficult but you don't want to start a CS page I wouldn't mind typing the code for you for the head post :)

But before I go; I was curious if you were planning on setting up a spot for all the CSes to go where they're easier to find, such as making a dedicated CS thread or adding them to the head post. If adding them to the head post seems like it'd be difficult but you don't want to start a CS page I wouldn't mind typing the code for you for the head post :)
Once all the CS's are up, I'll be linking to them in the top post of this OOC

Hello hello! After many many many times of thinking and arguing with myself I have now decided that I will be playing two characters! Here are the character sheets uwu

Name: Fuyuki Shiromi
Appearance:
s360

Weapons: Her chakra infused necklace, a small crystal blade
Jutsu Style:
Taijutsu: She is incredibly agile in terms of close quarter combat, always ready to slash at her enemies with her crystal blade. Her moves are swift and flow like the wind, and her stamina is considered above average.
Ninjutsu: With her incredible excellence in both water and wind natures, she has learned how to use ice release, along with her special chakra infused necklace, she can further strengthen her attacks or defenses by releasing the chakra that is infused within.
Clan Signature/Kekki Genkai: Shiromi was born in a mysterious clan, one that was known for using special chakra infused items to strengthen their attacks. No one knows of how the items are made, nor where the chakra comes from, not even Shiromi herself. Her necklace was passed down to her by her mother, and she was taught how to use it before she was forced to leave her home.

History: Shiromi was born in a secretive village far away from the mainlands, where people lived in hiding from other ninjas. She was exceptionally clever ever since she was young, being an incredibly quick learner compared to the other kids in her village. Years passed and she grew up to be a wonderful young girl, where she would be sent to a ninja academy far away for her exams. She left with her mother's keepsake, a blue crystal necklace, and proceeded to ace the exams. After that, she would stay and proceed to become a Chuunin, but along with good news came tragedy.

Shiromi headed back to her village to deliver the good news, but was met with a fire engulfing the entire place. She stood there in shock, unable to believe that her village was now covered in flames. She immediately tried putting out the fire, but to no avail. The fire had already spread too far, destroying everything in it's path. She could only fall to her knees and sob as the fire continued swallowing the village. Hours passed, and finally the fire was stopped by a raging thunderstorm. Soaked by the rain and her tears, she walked through the now ashen village with heavy steps, and spotted something glistening on the ground. It caught her eye and she slowly bent down to pick it up.

To her surprise, it was a small blade made of crystal. Immediately she could tell that it was made from the same material that her necklace was made of, and she began sobbing even louder. From that day, she swore to herself that she would find out what happened to her village, even if it's the last thing she would do

Name: Hinagiku Hanazono (Hina for short)
Appearance:
6042257c1364a6f0e4870fb89185ddf9.jpg

Weapons: Plants
Jutsu Style:
Taijutsu: She is slow in terms of speed and her stamina is also a little low, so she usually stays away from close quarter combats and attacks or protects from a far enough range to make sure of her safety.
Ninjutsu: She focuses mainly on a special technique from her family called Floral Manipulation, where she can control flora to move as she pleases. She also is capable of medical ninjutsu, and thanks to her special connection to flora she is exceptional at finding and using herbs for healing.
Clan Signature: The Hanazono clan is known for their extrodinary healing knowledge regarding herbs and their powerful Floral Manipulation techniques. Their clan was the first ever to have people have that talent, and now they are fully dedicated to healing and cultivating a much more safe world for other ninjas.

History: Named after the flower Daisy, which has the flower meaning of 'faith', Hinagiku was taught to have faith in life, no matter how bad the situations may be. Her mother gave her this name to remind her to always have faith in herself and others, and to never give up easily without a fight. Hina was born in a warm and lovely village of the Hanazono clan, where the houses are surrounded by flowers and beautiful nature. Hina grew up with her father and mother in that small village, and she had a relatively peaceful childhood as the only daughter of the head of Hanazono.

It wasn't until she was 10 when her family noticed her special talent in Floral Manipulation. The village of Hanazono was famous for ninjas who were able to control flora to their will, and when Hina's parents noticed her talent, they immediately started training her, helping her get used to her new found skill. She stayed in her village and practiced for two years before she moved to the city to attend the ninja academy. There she learned more about other jutsu's, and continued practicing Floral Manipulation on her own. However, due to her only practicing this for two years, she is still unable to properly control her powers. She even caused the academy to be overrun with flowers once when she was practicing behind the building, causing everyone to call her 'The Flower Girl'. Due to that incident, she became more shy and is sometimes afraid to use her powers to the full extent.

Right before entering Team Omega, she had just passed her Chuunin exam, and was still an extremely shy and quiet girl. She entered the team hoping she would be able to get people to forget about the 'flower incident' and see her in a new light.

As a last note, I have just came back to Iwaku after a big biiiiiiiig hiatus so I am rusty regarding many things but I will try my best! Love you all and I will be looking forward to starting a beautiful story with you guys <3

Also timezones suck

Characters and IC thread are linked on the first post. I'm sorry it is short and I hope it's good enough.

Reactions: Red Thunder
@DangoYumi nice characters! I can totally see Hinagiku and Yuji getting along really well! :D

Now, I realized I did have a question for Mythy: what is our posting order looking like?

Reactions: DangoYumi
@Lore Magus

Didn't really think there'd be a posting order. Just post when you can and when you have something to say. Just don't make it pages of only two Characters interacting and leaving everyone else behind

@Lore Magus

Didn't really think there'd be a posting order. Just post when you can and when you have something to say. Just don't make it pages of only two Characters interacting and leaving everyone else behind
Okay. I haven't done an RP with no posting order for a while so this should be interesting

@Red Thunder

Um.. is Aiji not gonna come to the meeting of the team?

I shall get something out (mostly for @Jessica2477 and @DangoYumi since that's who's with Hasaki) in the next few days. :)

I shall post hopefully by tomorrow!