Nikaigan [Japanimerican Cyberpunk]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still reading everything but this looks awesome. Is there room for another player?
You've got a few hours to get a sheet up for consideration. At most. Unless GM decides to make an exception, but there's already more characters than available slots, so...

If this is already underway and plans are starting to go into motion it may be better for everyone if I don't just jump in at the last second. Thank you, though, I really appreciate it!

So any comments on my guy? I was just wondering

Results will be announced either today or tomorrow.

In order for me to gauge exactly when, I'd like everyone who's still writing a sheet to let me know who you are and how far along you are.

After an incredibly late night that I probably just barely survived (I don't remember...), the time has come to announce our winners!

Hang on to your asses, kids, cause it's a doozy.
First I'd like to thank all of you for your submissions and the work you've put into them. It was a hard decision and I had to take a lot of deliberation with who I'd go with, and I can honestly say that a lot of the picks only came out ahead by slivers and inches.
Even if you don't get chosen, great work and thanks for participating! Keep an eye out because there might be spin-offs set in this same setting later on, so you might be able to get in that time; especially since a lot of you came super close this time around.

Winners will be announced in a few minutes.

Team Sovereign will be comprised of:

The Ex-Cultist Knight Guy, Magos by @Sludgemouth
The Boppin' Poppin' I-Was-An-Idol, Diva by @R-9 Pilot
Ms. Robutt McMetalpants, Devil by @RaineSensei
Cheeki Breeki Funtime Extraordinaire, Boyar by @Psyker Landshark
Probably Hacked Her Way Into This Post, Uplink by @Zombehs
And, The World's Most Dangerous Anime Nerd, Fox by some loser.

A lot of you who didn't get picked came incredibly close and at some points it felt like both were the right choice, but a decision had to be made. One of you lost to a coin toss because I had to let fate decide. Won't say who, though. Keep an eye out for potential spin-offs... and keep an ear open cause I might just contact you to make a guest appearance within the story.

To all of those who made it, I will be sending you each an invitation to a Discord server that will serve as our OOC/Moron Power Hour chat. The IC thread will be made soon and we'll get on our way.

Get yourselves ready, Team. It's time to begin.

Even though I don't really want to say it, I'm quite annoyed that Ziara wasn't chosen. All that work and for what? A chance that she'll be chosen for the group?

I don't want to offend anyone, but at the same time, I don't want to put on a façade and pretend things are all ok on my end, when they are in fact not ok.

Even though I don't really want to say it, I'm quite annoyed that Ziara wasn't chosen. All that work and for what? A chance that she'll be chosen for the group?

I don't want to offend anyone, but at the same time, I don't want to put on a façade and pretend things are all ok on my end, when they are in fact not ok.
listen I'm pretty salty about Kurai not being chosen I mean I put a lot of thought into him, and not even a comment from anyone, but hey, we didn't get chosen, but that's okay, he did say to keep our eyes peeled and that our characters might get a guest appearance, am fine with what I have I mean, admit I feel a little upset (Okay maybe alot), but hey, it was fun making my character, and coming up with his story.

As for Pinkleton, thank you for letting me make my sheet, and giving me this chance, and thank you for considering my character even though you never commented on him. I'll be sure to keep my eyes peeled for a spin off, or guest appearance, good luck with your roleplay.

It was made very clear from the beginning that characters would not be chosen on a first come, first serve basis. I also made it clear that the roster would be small and not everyone would make it in.
Choosing was hard and there were a lot of characters I would've liked to see, but as in anything in life where not everyone can win, there must be those who lose out.

I notice that you are an adult member, and as an adult member, I hope you can handle this with good sportsmanship and maturity.

listen I'm pretty salty about Kurai not being chosen I mean I put a lot of thought into him, and not even a comment from anyone, but hey, we didn't get chosen, but that's okay, he did say to keep our eyes peeled and that our characters might get a guest appearance, am fine with what I have I mean, admit I feel a little upset (Okay maybe alot), but hey, it was fun making my character, and coming up with his story.

As for Pinkleton, thank you for letting me make my sheet, and giving me this chance, and thank you for considering my character even though you never commented on him. I'll be sure to keep my eyes peeled for a spin off, or guest appearance, good luck with your roleplay.

I apologize on not being able to comment on your character. The last few days have seen me setting up things for the RP, getting my notes together, and other busyness that's kept me preoccupied.
Like I said to Vampire, not everyone was going to make it in, and like anything with winners, there will be losers.

I thank you for handling things well, and remember that there will always be opportunities in the future for you to improve yourself and try again.

I once again thank everyone who participated. Players who came close (and there were a lot of you who did) will most likely be contacted for future appearances. Players who participated will also be first to know about any spin-offs in the same setting if and when they are made.

We all knew from the start that not everyone was going to be chosen, it seems somewhat arrogant to believe that just because you put in a lot of work that means you deserve a slot. That makes it sound like you're saying the rest of us didn't put in a lot of work and that those that got a slot didn't deserve it.

In other words, pretty much everyone else who didn't make the cut, you don't see complaining do you? And we put a lot of heart and soul into our characters as well, and as Pinkleton pointed out, it was a hard choice for him quite frequently and as he also said he had to do a COIN TOSS to make a decision on one.

Because quite literally he couldn't decide otherwise.

I know I'm being rude, but I feel it needs to be said.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.