Nikaigan [Japanimerican Cyberpunk]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the car that could carry everyone, I could have something like a Jaguar XJ220 powered Ford Transit.

For the car that could carry everyone, I could have something like a Jaguar XJ220 powered Ford Transit.
It doesn't have to be a real car. Frankly, I don't really care what kind of car it is so long as it fits the setting.
And real, modern day cars don't really do that.
This is fiction, you can make up names, or take ones that exist and sort of futurize them. Same goes for the car itself. There's lots of concept art for futuristic looking cars out there.

Oh man, this looks fun as hell. I'll try to get a character up soon.

• Love
Reactions: ℬenedetto`
cd4f79a60e0ead7008b6c7ffc9fc0186--character-art-character-concept.jpg

Runner Tracking Number:

Irina Krezetsky

Alias:
Devil

Blood Type:
A+

History:
Soon after Irina's birth in the Midwest, her parents traveled to Nikaigan in hopes of giving their child the absolute best. Upon their arrival, the family managed to find an affordable home and jobs, which was already more than what some had. They considered themselves lucky, but their luck did not last long.

When Irina was around a year old, they found it odd that she was not able stand up or walk like other babies her age. Though it was a concerning thought, her parents passed it off as her being a late bloomer. As the next year past, their concerns grew and eventually called for a doctors visit. Irina was diagnosed with abasia, or the inability to walk. It was a fixable condition with new technology, but such an operation costed money and her parents were barely able to afford basic necessities. Sadly, the three returned home.

Irina, now the age of 6, became accustomed to her life without functioning legs. Her parents had changed in the four years after her diagnosis. At first, they were loving and willing to do anything for their daughter, but it added an immense amount of stress to their lives. Upon working long days, they had to handle the sneering of others, which turned them bitter in time. Bitterness led to pent up rage that was occasionally taken out on Irina, who had no means of escape from their abuse. This would drive any child to hate their parents.

It wasn't long before one of the large biotech companies began searching for disabled people who were willing to have newly developed technology tested on them. The company promised that if they were successful, the patients would be able to keep whatever they were tested with with no charge. The downsides? The project was long term and there was a chance of death. Despite this, many jumped at this chance, especially her parents.

After a series of examinations and questioning, the company decided on a small group of people to begin testing on, Irina being one of the few chosen. Her parents were more than glad to finally be free of their dead weight child and left as soon as they heard the news, never even saying goodbye.

The group was briefed about what was going to be tested and their goal. The man in charge stated that they would testing new weapons and serums for future soldiers in hopes of creating a new generation of soldiers. Testing was slow in order to give the patients more time to recuperate in between operations. Of course, to simulate the vigorous regimens of soldiers, the subjects were trained as if they were one. However, not all subjects survived.

By the time she was 17, Irina's body had undergone so many operations she lost count, leaving her body almost entirely mechanical and weaponized. She had spent so much time training as a soldier and enduring so much pain that she became emotionless, yet was grateful for the ability to walk. It neared her time to be released, but not before they took her for field testing, which consisted of her fighting the only other surviving subject, a male who was much larger and older than she was. The battle commenced and some time after, Irina managed to kill the man. The scientists were more than satisfied with the results of the experiments, but instead of allowing her to walk free, they suggested to keep her to test the limits of body augmentation. The group of scientists argued amongst themselves, some saying that this violated the contract and she should be released as promised while others insisted that this was for the greater good. At the time, Irina didn't care. She felt neither anger or happiness.

The following night, Irina remained in the lab. The scientists planned to discuss the matter the next morning, but they would never get the chance to. In the middle of the night, Irina was woken up by a small group of the scientists who had wanted to release her. They helped her escape from the lab and when she questioned them, one of them simply replied with, "We've grown to care for you these past 11 years. You did your part and put up with the experimenting, and that's all the contact asked for. A kid like you doesn't deserve to be put through more hardships. We just want you to be happy." With that, all tracking devices were removed from her body and she was brought into the depths of the city.

Irina, who didn't even care for her parents anymore, did her best to adapt to the world after 11 years in a lab, but she felt like something was missing. It wasn't long before she discovered running. After her first run, she felt complete, like the hole in her was being filled with the excitement of running and knowing that she could do something that she could have never done before. The thrill and sense of fulfillment led Irina to become a Runner.

Psych Profile:
Due to her past, Irina has become quite numb to emotions, her face usually blank and unreadable. It often causes her to be intimidating to others, though she isn't one to care about the opinions of others. She is proud of her body and the strength that comes with it, often showing it by mindlessly jumping headfirst into battle. Though she is rather emotionless, she loves the thrill of a battle as shows the most emotion when in one.

Her social skills are lacking as she is awkward and unsure of how to create bonds with others. She is a hard worker when it comes to attempting to sympathize with her teammates but still finds it hard to relate to their emotions. However, when on a mission, she will not hesitate to kill anyone she must, thus earning her the name of Devil. Irina is a rather serious person who doesn't know how to joke or mess around, though her honesty straightforwardness can often lead to some humorous moments.

Mode of Operation:
Irina loathes taking jobs that do not have some action in it, but it doesn't mean she won't take them. She'll just be extremely reluctant. Nonetheless, she does her best on all jobs she takes on and is always excited to pull out her guns if the situation calls for it. She is known to gladly take down small gangs on her own and even taking on jobs that others would rather refuse due to the chances of dying. She's not one to sneak around or stand guard, but loves to charge in and start a fight.

Equipment:
Irina's main weapon is her right arm, which is the only weaponized part of her body. The "skin" can be moved to reveal the metal shaft beneath. The gun built in her arm is selective fire rifle, allowing her to choose the its mode. She carries ammunition on a belt that attaches to her.

Along with ammunition on her belt, she carries various types of grenades. Her favorites being standard hand grenades and smoke grenades. She also carries a large black dagger in case she runs out of ammo.

Augmentations:

Irina's body is 70% augmented. Her legs and chest are covered in a strong alloy that can deflect bullets. Through various operations, tests, and serums, she has been granted the ability to walk and she prides herself on this. Because of the alloy protecting her, she tends to throw hard kicks, even when it isn't necessary. Her right arm has been replaced with a fully mechanical arm that doubles as a weapon.

Though her body has provided her with strength and protection, it requires tons of care and looking after in order to work perfectly. Seeing as how most of her body has been mechanically modified, she does her best to take care of it in order to continue running.

Day Life:

Though she loves running with a passion, Irina's body requires maintenance and time to rest in order to properly function. Because of this, she has taken a job at a small mechanics shop. The owner, who she first met when she was released, had taken her under his wing and provides shelter as well. For the most part, Irina's earnings as a Runner go to her repairs as some of her parts are expensive while her mechanic job covers her food.

Because she lacks social skills, Irina's only friend is the mechanic shop owner and tends to stay inside when she's taking her day off repairing herself. She keeps herself fully clothes when she leaves the house to avoid any commotion or staring.

Runner Status:
Active​

Last edited:
Let me know if I should change anything or make a new character entirely. This is the product of no sleep, headache, and lack of food. ;-;

cd4f79a60e0ead7008b6c7ffc9fc0186--character-art-character-concept.jpg

Runner Tracking Number:

Irina Krezetsky

Alias:
Azrael

Blood Type:
A+

History:
Soon after Irina's birth in the Midwest, her parents traveled to Nikaigan in hopes of giving their child the absolute best. Upon their arrival, the family managed to find an affordable home and jobs, which was already more than what some had. They considered themselves lucky, but their luck did not last long.

When Irina was around a year old, they found it odd that she was not able stand up or walk like other babies her age. Though it was a concerning thought, her parents passed it off as her being a late bloomer. As the next year past, their concerns grew and eventually called for a doctors visit. Irina was diagnosed with abasia, or the inability to walk. It was a fixable condition with new technology, but such an operation costed money and her parents were barely able to afford basic necessities. Sadly, the three returned home.

Irina, now the age of 6, became accustomed to her life without functioning legs. Her parents had changed in the four years after her diagnosis. At first, they were loving and willing to do anything for their daughter, but it added an immense amount of stress to their lives. Upon working long days, they had to handle the sneering of others, which turned them bitter in time. Bitterness led to pent up rage that was occasionally taken out on Irina, who had no means of escape from their abuse. This would drive any child to hate their parents.

It wasn't long before one of the large biotech companies began searching for disabled people who were willing to have newly developed technology tested on them. The company promised that if they were successful, the patients would be able to keep whatever they were tested with with no charge. The downsides? The project was long term and there was a chance of death. Despite this, many jumped at this chance, especially her parents.

After a series of examinations and questioning, the company decided on a small group of people to begin testing on, Irina being one of the few chosen. Her parents were more than glad to finally be free of their dead weight child and left as soon as they heard the news, never even saying goodbye.

The group was briefed about what was going to be tested and their goal. The man in charge stated that they would testing new weapons and serums for future soldiers in hopes of creating a new generation of soldiers. Testing was slow in order to give the patients more time to recuperate in between operations. Of course, to simulate the vigorous regimens of soldiers, the subjects were trained as if they were one. However, not all subjects survived.

By the time she was 17, Irina's body had undergone so many operations she lost count, leaving her body almost entirely mechanical and weaponized. She had spent so much time training as a soldier and enduring so much pain that she became emotionless, yet was grateful for the ability to walk. It neared her time to be released, but not before they took her for field testing, which consisted of her fighting the only other surviving subject, a male who was much larger and older than she was. The battle commenced and some time after, Irina managed to kill the man. The scientists were more than satisfied with the results of the experiments and released her from the lab as promised.

Irina, who didn't even care for her parents anymore, did her best to adapt to the world after 11 years in a lab, but she felt like something was missing. It wasn't long before she discovered running. After her first run, she felt complete, like the hole in her was being filled with the excitement of running and knowing that she could do something that she could have never done before. The thrill and sense of fulfillment led Irina to become a Runner.

Psych Profile:
Due to her past, Irina has become quite numb to emotions, her face usually blank and unreadable. It often causes her to be intimidating to others, though she isn't one to care about the opinions of others. She is proud of her body and the strength that comes with it, often showing it by mindlessly jumping headfirst into battle. Though she is rather emotionless, she loves the thrill of a battle as shows the most emotion when in one.

Her social skills are lacking as she is awkward and unsure of how to create bonds with others. She is a hard worker when it comes to attempting to sympathize with her teammates but still finds it hard to relate to their emotions. However, when on a mission, she will not hesitate to kill anyone she must, thus earning her the name of Azrael, the Angel of Death. Irina is a rather serious person who doesn't know how to joke or mess around, though her honesty straightforwardness can often lead to some humorous moments.

Mode of Operation:
Irina loathes taking jobs that do not have some action in it, but it doesn't mean she won't take them. She'll just be extremely reluctant. Nonetheless, she does her best on all jobs she takes on and is always excited to pull out her guns if the situation calls for it. She is known to gladly take down small gangs on her own and even taking on jobs that others would rather refuse due to the chances of dying. She's not one to sneak around or stand guard, but loves to charge in and start a fight.

Equipment:
Irina's main weapon is her right arm, which is the only weaponized part of her body. The "skin" can be moved to reveal the metal shaft beneath. The gun built in her arm is selective fire rifle, allowing her to choose the its mode. She carries ammunition on a belt that attaches to her.

Along with ammunition on her belt, she carries various types of grenades. Her favorites being standard hand grenades and smoke grenades. She also carries a large black dagger in case she runs out of ammo.

Augmentations:

Irina's body is 70% augmented. Her legs and chest are covered in a strong alloy that can deflect bullets. Through various operations, tests, and serums, she has been granted the ability to walk and she prides herself on this. Because of the alloy protecting her, she tends to throw hard kicks, even when it isn't necessary. Her right arm has been replaced with a fully mechanical arm that doubles as a weapon.

Though her body has provided her with strength and protection, it requires tons of care and looking after in order to work perfectly. Seeing as how most of her body has been mechanically modified, she does her best to take care of it in order to continue running.

Day Life:

Though she loves running with a passion, Irina's body requires maintenance and time to rest in order to properly function. Because of this, she has taken a job at a small mechanics shop. The owner, who she first met when she was released, had taken her under his wing and provides shelter as well. For the most part, Irina's earnings as a Runner go to her repairs as some of her parts are expensive while her mechanic job covers her food.

Because she lacks social skills, Irina's only friend is the mechanic shop owner and tends to stay inside when she's taking her day off repairing herself. She keeps herself fully clothes when she leaves the house to avoid any commotion or staring.

Runner Status:
Active​

Created by scientists. Can only find joy in the thrill of battle. Socially awkward.

You've made a Metal Gear character. And also reminded me of how much I miss the PS1/PS2 era.

"Metal Gear?!"

My only question is, if the scientists poured so many resources into her... why'd they just let her go? You'd think there'd be an end goal besides checking that it works and then letting you leave with a pat on the back and a JC Penny's gift card.

Also, why is everyone picking names that sound so... mystical?
Like, besides Fox and Diva, everyone's picking names that are hard to pronounce and not snappy at all :(
Oh well.
I'll just put this here. And add it to the character sheet template.
Shadowrun Names

Anyway, looks fine except for that thing where scientists are cool with letting her walk all non nonchalantly.

Last edited:
Looking at that link and my character's connection to cars, I'd like to claim the alias "Drifter" for my character.

Created by scientists. Can only find joy in the thrill of battle. Socially awkward.

You've made a Metal Gear character. And also reminded me of how much I miss the PS1/PS2 era.

"Metal Gear?!"

My only question is, if the scientists poured so many resources into her... why'd they just let her go? You'd think there'd be an end goal besides checking that it works and then letting you leave with a pat on the back and a JC Penny's gift card.

Also, why is everyone picking names that sound so... mystical?
Like, besides Fox and Diva, everyone's picking names that are hard to pronounce and not snappy at all :(
Oh well.
I'll just put this here. And add it to the character sheet template.
Shadowrun Names

Anyway, looks fine except for that thing where scientists are cool with letting her walk all non nonchalantly.

I mean, I'm claiming the alias of Archangel or Oath because of the connection with healing. (References to the Archangel Raphael and the Hippocratic Oath. They were originally derogatory towards her.)

Also, she'll have access to an armored ambulance.

Edit: Holy shit, the first nickname on the Generator was Nightingale. I'll use that because of Florence Nightingale.

@TheTechnologicVampire
@Minerva

You guys don't need to "claim" names, just use it. It's a generator, it has lots of names.

I also really liked the name Oath. I dunno. Simple, 3 to 6 letter codenames hit a little button for me, they just sound cool and snappy.

When it comes to aliases, think about the kind of names bank robbers call out to each other in place of real names. Stuff that's easy to remember and say.
Tank, Preacher, Smoke, stuff like that.

When it comes to aliases, think about the kind of names bank robbers call out to each other in place of real names. Stuff that's easy to remember and say.
GOLDEN JOE AND THE SUGGINS GANG!

GOLDEN JOE AND THE SUGGINS GANG!

Yeah. You have to remember, we're less superheroes, closer to criminals that are slightly less criminal than other criminals.

Another example I could give for names would be some that I have for NPC Runners I might use.

Angel Eyes is longest, most complex name I have and it's only 3 syllables.

Other examples include Roach, Kabuto, Deadlift, Ronin, Glitch, Specs, Korol (Russian for King), Lancer, Kage (Japanese for shadow), Cuervo (Spanish for Crow). They're easy to come up with. Enough that if you guys use these, I can just make more. Plus it's more fun than sounding like a D&D rogue's last name.

I'm going with Drifter because of her tendancy to always be sideways around every corner in her highly tuned rallycross car which she modified with proper headlights so she can use it on the road. :P

Reactions: Pinkleton
Yeah. You have to remember, we're less superheroes, closer to criminals that are slightly less criminal than other criminals.

Another example I could give for names would be some that I have for NPC Runners I might use.

Angel Eyes is longest, most complex name I have and it's only 3 syllables.

Other examples include Roach, Kabuto, Deadlift, Ronin, Glitch, Specs, Korol (Russian for King), Lancer, Kage (Japanese for shadow), Cuervo (Spanish for Crow). They're easy to come up with. Enough that if you guys use these, I can just make more. Plus it's more fun than sounding like a D&D rogue's last name.
It was a reference to a John Mulaney bit about how easy Crime was in the 1930's.

But I get what you're saying. It's between Oath and Nightingale now.

Runner Tracking Number: 7764

Alias: Boyar

Blood Type: B+

Appearance:
hQIrviL.jpg

4Hcr3LG.jpg
History: "I come from shithole. Only options for me were slaving in factory or shooting mutant bears. Such was life in Russia."

Vasili Sokolov was born in post-war Russia, one of the countries hit hardest by the last world war. Life was hard in the Russian countryside, as irradiation caused from fallout tended to create mutated wildlife, causing Vasili to learn how to handle a gun early in order to help his family defend their homestead. With several siblings in his family already, Vasili struck out on his own when he came of age, not wanting to burden his family with another mouth to feed.

He found himself joining the Russian army, considering that his most notable asset was his ability to handle a rifle. Further training made him find that he excelled at sharpshooting, and after basic, Vasili was fast-tracked into marksmanship school, becoming a designated marksman for his future squad.

A large portion of post-war Russia was an irradiated shithole filled with mutants, criminals on the run, and insurgents looking to topple the government, and Vasili was often deployed to such zones. He spent several tours of duty risking his life for coin and country, only to be paid a pittance for his efforts. His bitterness over his circumstances eventually got to the point where he and a few like-minded soldiers in his platoon concocted a scheme: they'd desert, make their way to Nikaigan where one soldier had an uncle that could set them up, and they'd be Runners for hire. It'd be a job where they did the same shit they were doing now, just with less risk and far more pay. Perfect, right?

The plan went to shit from the start. Two of the conspirators were in a different squad from the rest, and managed to get found out, court-martialed, and subsequently executed for conspiring to desert. Good thing that the military brass was too interested in making an example out of the men to determine if there were any co-conspirators. After that display, the remaining three got the fuck out of dodge, pooling their savings together to take the first flight out of the country that would stay quiet about its passenger list.

Things went even more pear-shaped after they'd arrived at Nikaigan, however. With Vasili the only one capable of speaking even passable English, the squad finally found the uncle's residence and entered the apartment, only to find him recently shot and left for dead by a team of Runners. Down on their luck and with no other options, the former soldiers took what guns and ammo they could scrounge from the apartment and set out on their own as Runners. Their first employer backstabbed them completely, calling in local SWAT to shoot the team up once they'd completed the job. Vasili, now Boyar, was the only one of the three to make it out of that fiasco alive. Now at rock bottom and on his lonesome, Boyar was left with no option in sight when he was contacted by the mysterious fixer known as Sovereign. Life finally saw fit to do him a favor.

Psych Profile: "What are you talking about? Boyar is completely decent guy, yes? Very fun!"

Cheerful and affable, Boyar generally tries to get along with people. As a career soldier, he understands that the hand you're dealt with in terms of squad members is what you're stuck with for a while, and tends not to rock the boat when interacting with others, preferring to go with the flow.

He takes pride in his skills, believing that his ability to shoot straight is one of his only defining features. But as such, Boyar takes offense at being underestimated or undervalued, which is why he'd deserted from the army in the first place. But as such, he enjoys Running immensely, loving the challenge and the ability to apply his skillset effectively. The fat paychecks don't hurt either.

Mode of Operation: "Give me target, I shoot target. Not matter how far away. Very simple, yes?"

Boyar is capable of operating as either a sniper or a designated marksman, depending on what the job requires. Considering his military background, he conducts runs in a professional manner, seeing collateral damage and civilian casualties as wasteful.

When given an assignment, he conducts it carefully and with as much information as he can gather, preferring to conduct thorough reconnaissance on his target before attempting to solve the problem at long range. He is incredibly patient, willing to wait as long as it takes for an optimal opportunity to pop up.

Equipment: "Eh? Why the fuck would I name gun? Is object, not dog. What jackass names gun 'Sasha'?"

Hammer Arms VSS: A sniper rifle based on the old VSS Vintorez model. Created for special operations, it features an integrated suppressor and was designed to be easily concealable, capable of quickly being stripped down and transported in a briefcase. Chambered for 9x39mm ammunition fed from a 20-round magazine. Has access to both subsonic rounds for stealth operations and armor-piercing APDS rounds for when shit gets heavy. A selective-fire switch allows toggling between semi-automatic and automatic firing modes. Modified with a smartlink for improved accuracy.

nhmx4Fy.jpg

UEG Peacemaker-4: Seven-cylinder revolver chambered for .357 Magnum rounds. Loud and unsubtle, but reliable. When shit hits the fan, pop pop, watch bitches drop. Modified with a smartlink for improved accuracy.

latest

Falcon Special-C: Light, compact pistol chambered in 9x19mm with ten round magazine. Boyar's backup for his backup. Can also be fitted with a silencer and subsonic rounds for a stealthier approach, something his revolver is incapable of. Deliberately lacks a smartlink to make it easier for concealed carry and as a backup in case of enemy hackers on-site.

Colt-Seburo_DNP-5.jpg

Special ammunition: Boyar possesses magazines and speedloaders of alternative ammunition rounds for his guns. Gel and stick-'n-shock rounds for nonlethal takedowns, as well as a magazine of tracker rounds for the VSS that are designed to penetrate and lodge into a target before emitting a tracking signal. Useful for trailing vehicles as well as targets that won't go down on the first shot.

E-tool: A small folding shovel, designed to be a capable last-resort melee weapon. Also useful for digging things.

Grenades: Boyar carries a stock of frag and smoke grenades.

Gas mask: Useful for both concealing one's face on a run and for keeping gas out. Boyar is used enough to wearing one that it doesn't impact his marksmanship.

Hyundai, grey: A used Hyundai sedan. Cheap, fuel-efficient, and gets Boyar around without attracting much attention.

Augmentations:
"Army not stick much metal in soldiers. Too much rubles for grunt with gun."

As a soldier in the Russian army, Boyar was fitted with a cheap baseline augmentation package of muscle and reflex enhancers, as well as a datajack for a smartlink. However, now that he works as an active runner in Nikaigan, Boyar has invested a decent chunk of his earnings into acquiring more 'ware for himself.

In recent months, Boyar has had a pair of cybereyes installed. The eyes are of the discreet variety, designed to resemble natural eyes as much as possible. Boyar sprang for the full package with these eyes to enhance his sniping, featuring image link, vision enhancement, magnification, low-light and infrared vision, and flash suppression.

Day Life:
"Welcome, what can Ivan pour for you today? Chto? What is 'cosmo'?"

Boyar, or Ivan Sevchenko as he goes by in public, works as a bartender for a relatively popular strip club, pouring drinks and shots and mixing cocktails with one eye while watching the ladies do their work with the other.

In his spare time, Boyar can be found either working out, watching movies, or cooking. He invests much of his free time into learning how to cook well, trying out new recipes he finds online.

Runner Status: Active

Last edited:
(WIP. Will add more, just want to get her app up.)

Runner Tracking Number:

Alias: Drifter

Blood Type: B+

Appearance:
IXRjo4w.png

History: Before becomming a Runner, Ziara used to race rallycross cars. These races were held on specially made tracks, combining dirt sections with tarmac sections. The laps were short, but the races were packed with contact and were highly entertaining. Ziara used to be one of the top drivers, but after a scandal from a tabloid newspaper that framed her having suspicious activities towards another team, she was forced to retire.

When she became a Runner 3 years ago, she made an effort to look for other work alongside being a runner. Several automotive sites offered contracts for her to write articles and produce videos on tuning and fixing cars. Because of her love for cars, she decided to do something unconventional when she first started as a Runner, and that was to complete jobs using cars. For this purpose, she bought her rallycross car from the team she raced with, installed lights from the production model, added the 8-speed transmission and started using that.

However, due to now being in a group, she decided that having just the single-seater ex-RX Supercar would not be enough, so she invested in a panel-van, upgrading the engine and drivetrain, along with the pannels of the cargo area to conceal the rest of the group members that would be seated inside.

She recieved her alias after other Runners noticing her tendancy to be sideways around every corner, even long high-speed ones. She was quite happy with it and it has stuck with her ever since she started.

Psych Profile: Ziara is very passionate about her love for cars and rallycross, taking her RX Supercar to car meets and ocassionally the Mercedes as well. She can regularly be seen watching old videos from when she was eacing in rallycross events and even from times before then. She loves to get creative with car mods, mixing in several different mods to create utter monsters, and then adding some crazy styling to them, but not make them look like rice-rockets. She's quite active as well, hitting in the gym every day to stay in peak physical condition. This is necessary to enable her to stay behind the wheel for extended periods of time. She's also quite a cheerful lass, always having a smile on her face and always being in an up-beat and optimistic mood.

However, Ziara tends to be lazy, often procrastinating on articles and videos for the car website. She can also quite inpatient, especially when there's traffic when she's running jobs. She also likes to stray from set tasks and do her own thing, such as is with her driving and the articles and videos that she posts to the website. These usually don't follow the set tone the editor of the site asked her to do them in, but still gets the majour points across.

Mode of Operation: Ziara does most of her running with vehicles. For missions where only one person is required, she usually takes her single-seat highly tuned ex-rallycross car. However, if multiple people are required, she does have a heavily modified van that has the cargo compartment re-inforced and replaced with special panneling to hide whatever is inside it from detection methods like thermal imaging cameras, etc...

Equipment: Carried on her hip is a single stun-pistol. She uses this when the mission requires for there to be no casulaties. However, if the mission does not have that restriction, she uses a custom bullpup SMG/PDW, firing 5.56×45mm NATO rounds from 60-round box-magazines. This is usually situated in her vehicle of choice, along with spare magazines. (Looks similar to the image below, but without the NERF branding and more tactical colours.)
10c950b9f6a00678a6fbb9f968c32a26.jpg

For the cars she uses, her first one is an ex-rallycross car that she used to use when driving in the sport. This is the reason why it still has all the sponsors, number and driver name on it. To use it on the road, she fitted headlights and taillights from the road car that the rallycross car is based off of. It has a 2.0L inline-4 turbo engine, producing 600 bhp. However, the gearbox has been upgraded from the standard 6-speed sequential to an 8-speed sequential, allowing Ziara to extract more speed from the car. The ride-height at the front has also been lowered by 0.9 of an inch, giving a more even wheel gap around the area between the wheel and the wheel arch.
3XfZrns.png

For the pannel-van, she drives a Mercedes, though highly upgraded. Instead of the stock powerplant, it now has an old Mercedes-Benz OM606 inline-6 diesel engine. However, this has been upgraded with a huge turbocharger and various other mods to make it "roll coal" and achieve well in excess of 700 bhp and just touching 1000 lb-ft of torque.
shadowrun_citymog_vehicle_design_by_raben_aas-d8c98rv.png

Augmentations:
When she started racing in rallycross, Ziara acquired cybernetic eyes to increase her vision. This allowed her to see much clearer when in poor weather and low-light conditions. After becoming a runner, she got them upgraded to have a pseudo infra-red mode. She also used to have a collision detection module when she was just starting rallycross. This allowed her to anticipate crashes and avoid them. Now her skill level behind the wheel is pretty much un-matched, she no longer has a use for it and got it removed. She also decided to change out her limbs for cybernetic ones as this would allow her to react quicker and make sharper movements. This also had the added benefit of increasing her agility, running speed, endurance (as she no longer had any miscles in her limbs to burn energy), and physical strength, along with the added bonus of quicker reflexes and reaction times.

Day Life:
When not running jobs, she's usually posting videos and articles for a car-related website. These are usually videos detailing how to fix and tune cars, all the way up to actual car reviews. Sometimes, she can also be foumd playing old rallying games, like the DiRT series. She also does ocassionally go for leasurely drives just to enjoy the freedom that comes with being behind the wheel of a high-powered, tarmac-munching monster.

Last edited:
@TheTechnologicVampire
@Minerva

You guys don't need to "claim" names, just use it. It's a generator, it has lots of names.

I also really liked the name Oath. I dunno. Simple, 3 to 6 letter codenames hit a little button for me, they just sound cool and snappy.

magos...

even if it doesn't actually make any sense

Runner Tracking Number: 7764

Alias: Boyar

Blood Type: O-

Appearance:
hQIrviL.jpg

4Hcr3LG.jpg
History: "I come from shithole. Only options for me were slaving in factory or shooting mutant bears. Such was life in Russia."

Vasili Sokolov was born in post-war Russia, one of the countries hit hardest by the last world war. Life was hard in the Russian countryside, as irradiation caused from fallout tended to create mutated wildlife, causing Vasili to learn how to handle a gun early in order to help his family defend their homestead. With several siblings in his family already, Vasili struck out on his own when he came of age, not wanting to burden his family with another mouth to feed.

He found himself joining the Russian army, considering that his most notable asset was his ability to handle a rifle. Further training made him find that he excelled at sharpshooting, and after basic, Vasili was fast-tracked into marksmanship school, becoming a designated marksman for his future squad.

A large portion of post-war Russia was an irradiated shithole filled with mutants, criminals on the run, and insurgents looking to topple the government, and Vasili was often deployed to such zones. He spent several tours of duty risking his life for coin and country, only to be paid a pittance for his efforts. His bitterness over his circumstances eventually got to the point where he and a few like-minded soldiers in his platoon concocted a scheme: they'd desert, make their way to Nikaigan where one soldier had an uncle that could set them up, and they'd be Runners for hire. It'd be a job where they did the same shit they were doing now, just with less risk and far more pay. Perfect, right?

The plan went to shit from the start. Two of the conspirators were in a different squad from the rest, and managed to get found out, court-martialed, and subsequently executed for conspiring to desert. Good thing that the military brass was too interested in making an example out of the men to determine if there were any co-conspirators. After that display, the remaining three got the fuck out of dodge, pooling their savings together to take the first flight out of the country that would stay quiet about its passenger list.

Things went even more pear-shaped after they'd arrived at Nikaigan, however. With Vasili the only one capable of speaking even passable English, the squad finally found the uncle's residence and entered the apartment, only to find him recently shot and left for dead by a team of Runners. Down on their luck and with no other options, the former soldiers took what guns and ammo they could scrounge from the apartment and set out on their own as Runners. Their first employer backstabbed them completely, calling in local SWAT to shoot the team up once they'd completed the job. Vasili, now Boyar, was the only one of the three to make it out of that fiasco alive. Now at rock bottom and on his lonesome, Boyar was left with no option in sight when he was contacted by the mysterious fixer known as Sovereign. Life finally saw fit to do him a favor.

Psych Profile: "What are you talking about? Boyar is completely decent guy, yes? Very fun!"

Cheerful and affable, Boyar generally tries to get along with people. As a career soldier, he understands that the hand you're dealt with in terms of squad members is what you're stuck with for a while, and tends not to rock the boat when interacting with others, preferring to go with the flow.

He takes pride in his skills, believing that his ability to shoot straight is one of his only defining features. But as such, Boyar takes offense at being underestimated or undervalued, which is why he'd deserted from the army in the first place. But as such, he enjoys Running immensely, loving the challenge and the ability to apply his skillset effectively. The fat paychecks don't hurt either.

Mode of Operation: "Give me target, I shoot target. Not matter how far away. Very simple, yes?"

Boyar is capable of operating as either a sniper or a designated marksman, depending on what the job requires. Considering his military background, he conducts runs in a professional manner, seeing collateral damage and civilian casualties as wasteful.

When given an assignment, he conducts it carefully and with as much information as he can gather, preferring to conduct thorough reconnaissance on his target before attempting to solve the problem at long range. He is incredibly patient, willing to wait as long as it takes for an optimal opportunity to pop up.

Equipment: "Eh? Why the fuck would I name gun? Is object, not dog. What jackass names gun 'Sasha'?"

Hammer Arms VSS: A sniper rifle based on the old VSS Vintorez model. Created for special operations, it features an integrated suppressor and was designed to be easily concealable, capable of quickly being stripped down and transported in a briefcase. Chambered for 9x39mm ammunition fed from a 20-round magazine. Has access to both subsonic rounds for stealth operations and armor-piercing rounds for when shit gets heavy. A selective-fire switch allows toggling between semi-automatic and automatic firing modes. Modified with a smartlink for improved accuracy.

nhmx4Fy.jpg

UEG Peacemaker-4: Seven-cylinder revolver chambered for .357 Magnum rounds. Loud and unsubtle, but reliable. When shit hits the fan, pop pop, watch bitches drop. Modified with a smartlink for improved accuracy.

latest

E-tool: A small folding shovel, designed to be a capable last-resort melee weapon. Also useful for digging things.

Grenades: Boyar carries a stock of frag and smoke grenades.

Gas mask: Useful for both concealing one's face on a run and for keeping gas out. Boyar is used enough to wearing one that it doesn't impact his marksmanship.

Augmentations:
"Army not stick much metal in soldiers. Too much rubles for grunt with gun."

As a soldier in the Russian army, Boyar was fitted with a cheap baseline augmentation package of muscle and reflex enhancers, as well as a datajack for a smartlink. However, now that he works as an active runner in Nikaigan, Boyar has invested a decent chunk of his earnings into acquiring more 'ware for himself.

In recent months, Boyar has had a pair of cybereyes installed. The eyes are of the discreet variety, designed to resemble natural eyes as much as possible. Boyar sprang for the full package with these eyes to enhance his sniping, featuring image link, vision enhancement, magnification, low-light and thermal vision, and flash suppression.

Day Life:
"Welcome, what can Ivan pour for you today? Chto? What is 'cosmo'?"

Boyar, or Ivan Sevchenko as he goes by in public, works as a bartender for a relatively popular strip club, pouring drinks and shots and mixing cocktails with one eye while watching the ladies do their work with the other.

In his spare time, Boyar can be found either working out, watching movies, or cooking. He invests much of his free time into learning how to cook well, trying out new recipes he finds online.

Oooh shiiiiiit, we got our first Eastern European entry!

You win the First Guy With a Slav Accent Award!

Bound to get one of these eventually. Congratulations on no longer living in Russia.

I edited my CS a bit. Made her alias simpler and tweaked her biography.

Status
Not open for further replies.