3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy, Sci-Fi
fMmBL1S.png

[BCOLOR=transparent]Humans avoid the mountains. No one will go there anymore. Whispers of ghosts that haunt the day and terrors that rule the night keep children away, and bid caution to their elders. Between mount Sirasa to the north, and Cavatara to the south, a lake lies, silent and still in the cold of winter, raging and fierce in the spring rains, warm and gentle in summer and autumn. The sole border between worlds as different as night and day.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Two kingdoms of elves dwell on either side of the lake, removed from the rest of the world, invisible and unnoticed to all but each other. A world within a world, untouched for centuries by humans. It is these that give rise to tales and rumors, which through the years have retained more truth than may be expected.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]On the slopes of Sirasa dwell the elves of fairy tales, wishes and dreams, hopes and cheerful songs. Tall and slim of stature, they are made of delicate beauty, skin as pale as glowing pearls and hair that mixes well with sunshine. Cheer and laughter flow in rivers from their homes. Quiet, gentle, peaceful… just like day. To them is given the power of light, to strengthen it, create it, change it. Most can even make one colour fade and grow into another. They belong to the Realm of Day.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]In opposition lies Cavatara, home of the elves that rule at midnight, and walk in the dark of moonshadows. The hunters, the warriors, cold, dark and fierce; while alike in skin and stature to their enemies, their similarities end there. With hair as dark as the night they walk in, they are serious and logical of manner. To those who walk in shadows belongs the command of such shadows, an ability to bend and reshape them, to increase the thickness of a wavering spectre, to make them vanish altogether. They belong to the Realm of Night.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]To which do you belong - the Night, or the Day? Or perhaps… to neither?[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]In a more troublesome era than has been seen in a lifetime or more, where loyalty to home and hate of that which is not is more vital than ever before, the answer of this one question has never been of such great importance. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent] [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Relations between the two Clans have never been particularly amiable. But over the last few months, things have begun to strain even more. Border trespasses have increased, reports of Nights hunting in the Day Realm, strange taunts left to antagonize one another. Several instances of elves from opposing Clans bumping into each other and having brawls - once a rare occurrence - has become semi-frequent of late.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]And, not a week ago, a diplomatically immune Night Messenger mysteriously died in Day territory, with evidence that he did not travel there of free will.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]The Queen of Night has heard enough excuses from the Day Realm. She will offer one last chance for peace… or there will be war.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]-[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent] [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]The plot of this RP is in a way two-fold; war is on the brink of breaking out between the two Clans obviously enough, but there are secrets and surprises waiting along the way. How things heat up to the point of the war breaking out will depend on your characters and their actions, so feel free to go wild and see where it takes you! [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Come forth and proclaim your interest, my fellows! [/BCOLOR]​

You have peaked my interest! Totally aiming for a Dark Elf and yet... Torn. <.<

I'm totally interested. The way your phrased it at the end, it made it seems sort of political. I have a few questions for your if you don't mind.

How political do you plan on making it?

How much will your character be able to impact the war?

Will we be able to play as high officers, noblemen, or commanders of the Nights or the Days?

Will we be able to play multiple characters?

Many people players do you plan on having? I would prefer no more than 5.

You have peaked my interest! Totally aiming for a Dark Elf and yet... Torn. <.<
Cool, glad to hear it! If you're torn... there are definitely ways I can use that to spice things up. :D
I'm totally interested. The way your phrased it at the end, it made it seems sort of political. I have a few questions for your if you don't mind.
Awesome! I most certainly don't mind, questions are life. :D

How political do you plan on making it?
There is an overaching political plot, but my goal is to use the characters you guys create to generate subplots and conflict-generating character dynamics and whatnot. I don't want it to be 100% political or 100% isolated to a small group of characters, but ultimately the ratio will depend on you guys.

How much will your character be able to impact the war?
My character specifically, or just PC's in general? If the former, probably quite a bit, as that is how I will make sure the plot keeps moving forward. If the latter, it's up to you, as I'm always open to players working with me to make their characters integral to the plot. The OOC should have more detailed information on how to go about that. :D

Will we be able to play as high officers, noblemen, or commanders of the Nights or the Days?
Yes, you most certainly can. As a matter of fact, there will be certain roles I would like to have filled in order to help plot thingies move more easily - most specifically the Queen of Night and King of Day, and a Messenger or two would be nice. The OOC will cover a bit more detail on occupations and such like.

Will we be able to play multiple characters?
Yes, absolutely! I myself will be playing at least two, possibly more, but you can have as many as you like. When I ran this on another site I had at least six, so. XD

Many people players do you plan on having? I would prefer no more than 5.
Hmm... I hadn't been thinking specific numbers at this point. The number of players is another thing depending on the characters they create. If I can get what I'm looking for character-wise with five players, I wouldn't mind closing sign-ups at that number, but otherwise I would leave it open for more players.

• Thank You
Reactions: MagnoliaSweet
Cool, glad to hear it! If you're torn... there are definitely ways I can use that to spice things up. :D

Awesome! I most certainly don't mind, questions are life. :D

There is an overaching political plot, but my goal is to use the characters you guys create to generate subplots and conflict-generating character dynamics and whatnot. I don't want it to be 100% political or 100% isolated to a small group of characters, but ultimately the ratio will depend on you guys.

My character specifically, or just PC's in general? If the former, probably quite a bit, as that is how I will make sure the plot keeps moving forward. If the latter, it's up to you, as I'm always open to players working with me to make their characters integral to the plot. The OOC should have more detailed information on how to go about that. :D

Yes, you most certainly can. As a matter of fact, there will be certain roles I would like to have filled in order to help plot thingies move more easily - most specifically the Queen of Night and King of Day, and a Messenger or two would be nice. The OOC will cover a bit more detail on occupations and such like.

Yes, absolutely! I myself will be playing at least two, possibly more, but you can have as many as you like. When I ran this on another site I had at least six, so. XD

Hmm... I hadn't been thinking specific numbers at this point. The number of players is another thing depending on the characters they create. If I can get what I'm looking for character-wise with five players, I wouldn't mind closing sign-ups at that number, but otherwise I would leave it open for more players.
Thank you for your answers.

I actually had this character hitch was a necromancy who was a part of a necromantic community or in this case it might be clan, and they were all sort of vampires or had a disease that made them that way. So since everyone was dead or undead no one had the concept of life. So my character had this weird fascination of life and would raise thins from the dead in awe os life. It was a quite character.

Thank you for your answers.

I actually had this character hitch was a necromancy who was a part of a necromantic community or in this case it might be clan, and they were all sort of vampires or had a disease that made them that way. So since everyone was dead or undead no one had the concept of life. So my character had this weird fascination of life and would raise thins from the dead in awe os life. It was a quite character.
Anytime. :D

So then were you wondering about using said character for this RP?

Anytime. :D

So then were you wondering about using said character for this RP?
Yes, just considers or having one with the trait being ironically curious in life, being a necromancer.

Yes, just considers or having one with the trait being ironically curious in life, being a necromancer.
Ahh. Well, magic outside of what comes naturally to each clan is something of a grey area, so if you're going for that we may have to work out the mechanics a bit. I'm not a huge fan of necromancy, but I'm open to finding something that we're both happy with :D

Ahh. Well, magic outside of what comes naturally to each clan is something of a grey area, so if you're going for that we may have to work out the mechanics a bit. I'm not a huge fan of necromancy, but I'm open to finding something that we're both happy with :D
That's fine. It's flexible as long as you have magic in the setting. I don't really see what is wrong with necromancy from a narrative standpoint, but it can be just some other kind of Dark Magic. It doesn't have to a magical character we can change it so it is a purely a culture/religious thing for the clan that everyone is dead and it necessarily of life is more rebellious.

only so that i can torment you some more starlighter

That's fine. It's flexible as long as you have magic in the setting. I don't really see what is wrong with necromancy from a narrative standpoint, but it can be just some other kind of Dark Magic. It doesn't have to a magical character we can change it so it is a purely a culture/religious thing for the clan that everyone is dead and it necessarily of life is more rebellious.
I think I'll PM you to get working on this, and then I can include anything relevant in the OOC when it's up. How does that sound?
Alright. I'm placing my interest in this. :^]
Cool, glad to have you aboard!
only so that i can torment you some more starlighter
Oh, look who's here. *smirks* While you're playing with fire, just hope you don't get burned. Or good and truly roasted.

• Love
I think I'll PM you to get working on this, and then I can include anything relevant in the OOC when it's up. How does that sound?
Work on the magic mechanics or culture, or both. I'm guessing your referring to that.

Potentially quite interested, and definitely curious to see how this develops... I'll be watching this RP!

Potentially quite interested, and definitely curious to see how this develops... I'll be watching this RP!
Well if we're being watched, we'll have to put on a good show, now won't we?

• Love
Yo, I'm interested. Where do I sign up?
An eager beaver, I like it! I haven't made any OOC threads yet, but I'm planning to get started on that tomorrow. As soon as sign-ups and OOC are posted, I'll be sure to put a link here and tag y'all so you know exactly where to go. :D

An eager beaver, I like it! I haven't made any OOC threads yet, but I'm planning to get started on that tomorrow. As soon as sign-ups and OOC are posted, I'll be sure to put a link here and tag y'all so you know exactly where to go. :D
Brilliant! I have so many ideas as to screw things up and over here with plot twists and intrigue

• Love
Reactions: Starlighter
Status
Not open for further replies.