Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Demmy

Original poster
Alright, so a while ago this song by Linking Park sprung an RP idea into my head. To me the lyrics paint a literal landscape where a dark world has been split by a large fissure. Now, stemming from this I've had the idea of a post-apocalyptic RP where there are no humans, but rather humanoid species. Other than the basics such as communication and clothes there is no advances in technology, ie no transport other than walking or 'Melonites' (Essentially horses with scales and other different characteristics that I'll add if this gets enough interest.). Most humanoids will be very different from each other but are capable of interbreeding. You will be required to pick a species that has been provided or make your own from scratch.

Now, being scientifically minded I do need to lay down some facts that would make this seem more like a sci-fi.

- There was a bombing at some point thousand of years ago that set off all the volcanos in the world
- This lead to the sun hidden by ashen clouds that eventually caused all plant life to go extinct.
- There is very few water so it is no longer an absolute necessity for life - though still needed when found.
- No animals in our modern time exist. There may be similarities and such but these creatures must be original
- There is no religion. Most species will not be at the point of creating technology so religion will not be on their mind yet.
- The ash now covers all of Earth's surfaces, but those clouds are replaced by a constant thunderstorm (just lightning, no rain)

I think that's everything. If you have any ideas or are interested, please don't hesitate to post. I do have three species in mind already so if you don't want to make your own, I will be making more for you to choose from.

Status
Not open for further replies.