Nefastus Lupata Academy: The Return of TJA

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted. Sorry that took as long as it did -- I should've replied to Gamer days ago.

Also: I'm curious as to whether or not anyone here actually gets any use out of the posting accountability sheet. I think Luna was the one who made it originally in order to make it easier for me to keep track of things, but now I'm usually the one updating it (which I know I've been kind of lazy about -- I'm pretty sure it's rather out-of-date even as I'm typing this) and I don't think it's even really worth the effort of maintaining it.

I mean, I'll gladly clean it up and keep it up-to-date if other people actually find it useful, but, if it was made for my benefit and now it's only a chore to me, well...

Also: I'm curious as to whether or not anyone here actually gets any use out of the posting accountability sheet. I think Luna was the one who made it originally in order to make it easier for me to keep track of things, but now I'm usually the one updating it (which I know I've been kind of lazy about -- I'm pretty sure it's rather out-of-date even as I'm typing this) and I don't think it's even really worth the effort of maintaining it.

I mean, I'll gladly clean it up and keep it up-to-date if other people actually find it useful, but, if it was made for my benefit and now it's only a chore to me, well...
I'd discontinue it. Most of the players are gone anyway. It isn't hard to keep track of the few that still post.

I'm just not very motivated to do much with this thread anymore since I basically forget my character every time it is my turn to post.

I'd discontinue it. Most of the players are gone anyway. It isn't hard to keep track of the few that still post.

I'm just not very motivated to do much with this thread anymore since I basically forget my character every time it is my turn to post.

:/ To be honest, I haven't been feeling super-motivated, either, with how dead this place has been feeling.

I mean, I'd gladly try to GM more rigorously and maybe try to invite new players (once I find the time, anyway), as long as other people here are still interested in the RP and want to see it get going.

...Is it even worth trying to GM this anymore?

I don't think it really is. :/

I don't blame you.

What do you think? Like, not so much as a co-GM but just as a player -- would you care if I just let this one go?

What do you think? Like, not so much as a co-GM but just as a player -- would you care if I just let this one go?
As of right now, no. The players are too hard to motivate, and the posting rate is abysmally slow. It has gotten to the point that we can't even advertise because there are too many signs that this is a trainwreck. This needs at best a complete restart.

I'd personally enjoy the RP if I got to post at a more reasonable speed, but as it stands I forget what my character was feeling every time I post since oftentimes I posted over a week ago. Plus, this was kind of Roo's RP, and with him and Ivan, Kuro, and almost all the core cast gone, it just isn't the same RP anymore. I'm thinking that since everyone has grown away from it, maybe it is time to retire it.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
As of right now, no. The players are too hard to motivate, and the posting rate is abysmally slow. It has gotten to the point that we can't even advertise because there are too many signs that this is a trainwreck. This needs at best a complete restart.

I'd personally enjoy the RP if I got to post at a more reasonable speed, but as it stands I forget what my character was feeling every time I post since oftentimes I posted over a week ago. Plus, this was kind of Roo's RP, and with him and Ivan, Kuro, and almost all the core cast gone, it just isn't the same RP anymore. I'm thinking that since everyone has grown away from it, maybe it is time to retire it.

Sounds fair to me.

A complete restart would be nice sometime, though I'm not sure if I'll have enough consistent free time in the future to pull it off. Plus, I don't think I should try to re-start it without Roo's permission. And, like you said, I'm not sure if anyone in our old friend group really wants to come back.

But yeah, I didn't think it was worth trying to keep it going. Unless anyone has any major objections, I guess I'll just leave this thread to die peacefully.

I agree with the restart.

You're more likely to get people to join an RP they can see the start of than one they're cementing themselves in mid-way.

I'd personally enjoy the RP if I got to post at a more reasonable speed, but as it stands I forget what my character was feeling every time I post since oftentimes I posted over a week ago.
I think I should actually be personally apologizing for this one. I knew I wasn't doing well anymore and I just kind of refused to drop it anyway after having dropped a bunch of other stuff in a not very satisfactory way. This turned out to be an even worse idea, though...

I might have to just stick to one at a time for the time being on this site after all unless I can get some incredible boost again. Either way, I'm sorry that I didn't at least formally drop it or try harder to improve.

I think I should actually be personally apologizing for this one. I knew I wasn't doing well anymore and I just kind of refused to drop it anyway after having dropped a bunch of other stuff in a not very satisfactory way. This turned out to be an even worse idea, though...

I might have to just stick to one at a time for the time being on this site after all unless I can get some incredible boost again. Either way, I'm sorry that I didn't at least formally drop it or try harder to improve.
Yami, I think I was in the same boat. I wasn't really having fun, but I stayed in because it felt like we all just wanted to make this work, against all odds.

Yami, I think I was in the same boat. I wasn't really having fun, but I stayed in because it felt like we all just wanted to make this work, against all odds.

Yeah, I think the problem was, we pretty much all felt like we were just forcing ourselves to go through with it for everyone else's sake.

Which is exactly why I brought all this up -- cuz there's no sense in me putting in all the effort to continue if no one actually wants to keep going.

Yeah, I think the problem was, we pretty much all felt like we were just forcing ourselves to go through with it for everyone else's sake.

Which is exactly why I brought all this up -- cuz there's no sense in me putting in all the effort to continue if no one actually wants to keep going.
I guess what I really want, is to do a fun RP with everyone again.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
I guess what I really want, is to do a fun RP with everyone again.

Weeeell I can't advertise it as having the entirety of our old gang, but, if you want to join an active RP with me, Yami, Gwazi, and a bunch of other awesome players, Fandomstuck is still open. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.