Need help with driving music!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: Razilin
14 hours in a car? My butt started hurting in sympathy for you.

Electronic music might be a good route to go! It's bright and energetic, it'll keep you awake and the kids will probably like it. Try any album by Lemaitre or Madeon... and this is a little bit older, but the Immersion album by Pendulum is also a fun listen.

Samples!

Reactions: ᴛᴏᴄᴋᴀ
Dream Theater.

Super awesome for long trips.

If I may bring a somewhat of a different tune to the mix?

I only recommend the last one if you're on a motorcycle because those leanings, man...

Queen and Bon Jovi are my ultimate "driving bands" for long journeys. Rock in general is pretty good. Nickleback is easy background listening too.
I agree but some people would rather run off the road than to listen to Nickelback. Haters gonna hate, ya know?

I agree but some people would rather run off the road than to listen to Nickelback. Haters gonna hate, ya know?

I don't listen to them much either to be honest, but part of what makes them so unlikeable to some people is exactly what makes them good/easy background music xD. Plus I thought I remembered Nydanna saying she didn't hate them at some point. Either way, it was just a suggestion - if she gates Nickleback that much, she doesn't have to take that suggestion. Bon Jovi and Queen are still all of the hnnnggggg when driving.

I don't listen to them much either to be honest, but part of what makes them so unlikeable to some people is exactly what makes them good/easy background music xD. Plus I thought I remembered Nydanna saying she didn't hate them at some point. Either way, it was just a suggestion - if she gates Nickleback that much, she doesn't have to take that suggestion. Bon Jovi and Queen are still all of the hnnnggggg when driving.
It depends on driving at work, working, driving to the shop or just cruising through town. The situation calls for a certain flavor of music at the time. At least that's my take on it anyway.

Will she start saying "I am groot"? :P
No, I'm the one who walks around saying 'I am Groot'. =X

@YankeeSamurai I'll give electronic stuff a shot, not sure how my kids will feel about it. lol

@Kaddoc I've got some Bon Jovi on the list. I wanted to put Blaze of Glory on there so bad, but I thought it'd be a bit too ominous considering it's a road trip. lol

@October Knight I'll look into it.

So far I've gone through every list on the internet and picked out the songs I like and I know I can get my kids to tolerate. I've pretty much already told them I've got full control of the radio since I'm the one who's gotta drive straight through. @_@ I've already gotten a head start on movies to download for them to keep them busy on the ride up. At least I know this will be the last trip that I have to make up there. @_@

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
I have literally no idea what your musical tastes are, I'm going to assume it's rock

I'm all over the place with music. However, most of my favorite bands like Evanescence don't really have too many upbeat songs. Seether has a few, so does Weezer, but not nearly enough to fill up 14 hours with. lol

I want to keep myself awake....but not by making my kids scream from nightmares.
But Lord of the Rings isn't scary... ;A;

Seconded for Queen and Bon Jovi.

Oh yeah, Foster the People have some cool driving songs

Dragonforce. Seriously. Who doesn't want to just rock out listening to Through the Fire and Flames? Even if you dislike metal, this is one awesome song (from an otherwise meh band).

Status
Not open for further replies.