Naruto: Warring Fronts

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Well...crap..."

Retreat was the logical option in such a situation. His liege was on the brink of death and his teammates had already chose to save their own lives, not that he blamed them. Unfortunately in his case, his sense of loyalty to the Uroko clan kept him grounded where he stood. Running through three hand gestures, Kanoke poured his chakra into his family's jutsu.

"It shouldn't surprise me...everyone leaving me to clean up. After all, I am one of the Etamura."

Activating it, he retrieved the souls of the Uroko ninja who had just fallen, not even allowing their bodies to grow cold before putting them to use. Allowing their only recent deaths to fuel their rage, it wasn't too surprising to find the spectral clansman going after those of the Leaf. Taking what time he could in the confusion, he approached his commander.

"Hanra-sama..." Quickly checking the man's vitals, Kanoke only had a brief window to decide on what to do. Hanra would return to camp, but would it be while he lived, or after he died? Much to his misfortune, there was no mistaking it, he was quite dead. "Ugh...they'll probably blame me for this." He muttered, plunging his fingers into one of Hanra's eye and plucking it out.

With his grisly possession now in hand, Kanoke chose to flee like the others. Once the fighting stopped, then others of the Etamura would come to retrieve the rest of the body, but until then they would have to rely on the eye he had taken should they need Hanra's spirit.

Last edited:
"He might dodge your spike floor jutsu but..." Toko regained his breath, turning to look at the man standing outside the fight. He wasn't participating because he knew that his bugs could finish this battle for him, without him needing to lift a finger. He was playing with his food and that was bound to bite him in the ass eventually...hopefully. "But...it will leave him open..." Toko raised his blade and slashed at the bugs intent on ending the genin once they had their fun. "We just need to clear a path to him..." The boy continued after he was pushed back by the onslaught once more. "Cutting through these bugs...it's easy enough already, but there are so many of them..." He frowned slightly. "My offensive ability doesn't help here...but against him, maybe..." Toko stated, moving closer to the other two with his shield and sword raised. "Kicho...can you clear a path for us, somehow..?" If she could, all three of them would have a part to play in this fight. Their opponent vastly overpowered them and the only way to win was to act as a single, powerful opponent against him. Divided they would fall, but united there might have been a chance at success. No, united there was a chance at success.

The Tsuki clan weren't known to be slackers, they were warriors. The day a swarm of insects would be the end of them would be the most pathetic way to go. It wasn't going to happen. "Okay..." Toko sighed, his breathing stabilising a bit as he had found more stable ground. "We can do it...we just need to work together, in the right order..." He kept his eyes on the man, trying to read his movements for any surprise attack. "I'll charge him. When he has his attention on me...Pratt surprises him with a spiked floor...Kicho, can you keep the bugs off me while I..." 'Run into my death...' "...attack..." His heart was beating quickly at the thought of striking someone powerful enough to imprison three other soldiers in a cyclone of bugs and insects. There was no telling what else hid beneath that hood. He might have been a swarm of bugs himself, whereas a stab to the heart wouldn't do much.

"Get ready everyone..." Toko finished, preparing his sword before he lunged towards the man, running fast in a head on charge.

After some time of fleeing, those that had chosen, or at least managed, to run came to a gradual stop. It seemed that the enemy had not been able to pursue them, or had given up at some point. For now, they seemed to be safe. Taking a look around, Shigeru could see a few people he recognised that had fled, Kaguya being one of them. But he could not see Kanoke with the group. Did he stay to fight? However, his initial worries were soon allayed by the sight of Kanoke appearing in the group after they had stopped. Perhaps he had just taken a few more moments than the rest to start running.

"Alright, everyone..." Shigeru began, still puffing a little from their flight. "Now, I don't mean to give orders or anything, but I have an idea I think everyone will agree on. When we get back to Kizugawa city, let's all say that Hanra gave the order to retreat, okay? I doubt any of us want to get done in for desertion on a technicality. I think we all know he would've started running himself if he hadn't got himself killed, right?" He could see that some of the group were nodding in agreement. He could only hope no one felt like being too honest if and when they had to face their superiors. "Alright, let's get going. It's a still a ways to go to get home, so we better start legging it...." He wasn't sure if anyone in their group lived outside the capital, but it didn't matter; even if it wasn't home to them, the Uroko would expect surviving soldiers to report in, and wouldn't take kindly to them running off without a word. Most if not all of the group would likely be going with him back to Kizugawa city and later the castle which was the home of the Uroko clan.

---

The one fortunate fact about their assignment with Hanra was that they weren't as far from Kizugawa city as they may have been if they had been posted to the border. Their travels still took the better part of a day, but they made it back without incident. They were, after all, a small group with little baggage to take with them. The Senju would likely be travelling in a large regiment and potentially carrying supplies with them, which might be why they got away. But the important thing was that they did, and soon Kizugawa city was in full view for anyone in the group.

But what would likely occupy their field of vision was not the spectacle of the city, but the columns of shinobi pouring into the gates. Shigeru could recognise that these soldiers were part of the army the Uroko raised to be stationed at the border due to suspicions about the Leaf. Shigeru raced down and approached the soldiers closest to him. "Hey, what happened to you guys?" He asked. He was met with odd looks from those he had addressed. "Weren't you there? We got our asses beat, and they ordered a retreat." One soldier told him. "No, I was assigned to Hanra's division. We got attacked too. Hanra got killed. Shame he's dead." He replied. Mentioning Hanra's name got a bunch of chuckles from the nearby ninja. Hanra's character was well known among the Uroko, so it was no doubt they knew what it meant to be under his command. "So, are we all reporting in now?"

"Nah, orders are we take a day's rest. Tomorrow, the clan will be taking names and reports. Then we start a new operation against the Leaf..." From the tone of his voice, he didn't sound very enthusiastic about the prospect of the upcoming fight. Shigeru couldn't blame him for being concerned, because he sure wasn't either. Allowing the other shinobi to carry on their way, Shigeru turned back to face those that were still with him. "Well, you heard the man. I'm going back to the castle, so I'll see the lot of you later." He waved goodbye to his comrades, and went off on his own way. As a ward of the Uroko, he was put up in the castle, not that he lived in the lap of luxury. He would probably have to face 100 questions from some of the castle staff, but hopefully he would be able to get a good night's rest before they really started pressuring him...

Pratt
"I'll try to do it," says Pratt. "It's just one person though, not a group. These bugs shouldn't be affected."

With that, the boy puts his now goop blade's handle into his mouth so he can have both hands open and have it out still. Of course, some of that beetle mush gets into the mouth. It tastes as terrible as can be, yet he has to overcome it for just a minimal amount of seconds. If he couldn't perform this, then this will be his last seconds. However, he isn't expecting these seconds to be his last.

With that, he moves his hands around. First to the dog seal, then the ram seal, then the horse seal, the the hare seal. Now the actions are done. All is ready.

"Spiked floor jutsu."

With that, the illusion should be taking its effect. Pratt hopes that the shinobi is resistant to genjutsu.

Kicho Hashiba

Kicho jumped out the way of another wave.

"I-I think my Ofuda's can push his insects a way for a second."

Kicho was still afraid of the insects, but she was more reassured at Toko simple 'we can do it'. She quickly pulled out two more Ofuda from her pouch. It would take all 3 of them to do this. Besides, they were ninja, it'd work out.... even with all these bugs.

Her new resolve was test as she almost threw up though as she watched Pratt swallow a bunch of bugs as he held his sword with his mouth. She quickly recovered to do her part.

As the two moved, so did she, throwing the Ofuda infront of him, to detonate a small shockwave in the middle of the cloud of insects between the Toko and Shingen. It probably wouldn't kill them, but it would push them out the way.

Tsuki

Shingen calmly continued to watch, before pointing at each of them, Toko, Kicho, and Pratt.

"I see. I believe I have it figured out. This isn't an act of mercy, I've been watching while the insects tire you out. You two use Kenjutsu, while the girl uses Fuinjutsu. All close range, none of you can hurt me from there. "

His calm demeanor lapsed however as he jumped from the ground, feeling like his feet had been stabbed by spikes. Instinctively from the air he released more insects from his wrist infront of him down at the group, only for Kicho's charm to blow it away.

"What?"

True, Toko and Pratt wouldn't be able to touch this enemy at their current power level, not by themselves. The only way to manage through this was to act as one, to combine their abilities into one powerful strike. They had to fuse their abilities into a single unit and then give it their all. "Going in for the kill...hope this works. The others seem to have gotten some hope and put this guy on the run. I can't fail them." In response to Kicho's Ofudas, Toko didn't wait a single second before charging forward, moving between the sea of bugs as they were pushed out of the way. Every stray insect coming his way was harmless on its own and thus Toko's path had been opened.

He saw as the hooded figure spoke before jumping up to avoid Pratt's illusion, perfect. A new wave of insects was immediately conjured but Kicho did a great job at keeping them off the chakra knight on his way to their target. Toko jumped down and slid below a wave of bugs before jolting back to his feet and spun around with the sword held high. In the same motion, he landed a deep cut across their enemy's legs.

"Not yet...he's still dangerous. If I fail now, we're done..." Without letting up, Toko conjured the remainder of his strength and swung his blade at the hooded ninja another two times, though the blows were avoided, despite his injuries. To be able to move so fluidly despite deep cuts to the legs was rather astonishing.

Toko was not done yet, however. With a quick faint, the boy moved to the side as he avoided a close wave of bugs that the enemy had summoned to defend himself with. Open for a strike, the hooded ninja would notice Toko preparing for a powerful thrust. Again, the hooded warrior managed to dodge the strike but not completely, a wound now stretching out across his stomach. Damn, he was slippery. Yet another wave of insects were going to leave the man's frame but before he managed to stretch his arms out, Toko bashed his shield against the enemy and knocked him off balance for a short moment. "You're done..." The boy spoke, his blade emanating a soft blue light as the edge rammed down against the man's arm and sliced it off before the edge traveled down across his chest, followed by a powerful stab in the stomach. Twisting the blade, Toko slashed it out through the man's side and stumbled back, breathing heavily as he fell to his knee, watching their enemy meet the ground.

Genmei Mikazuki
The blonde Mikazuki had sat off to the corner of the camp, perched quietly under the shade of a nearby tree as she seemed almost irritated by appearance. Her eyes, a deep red that bore flecks of pale pink, were narrowed dangerously as she strangely glared daggers at the floor, as if the very action would burn the ground before her. Similarly, her arms were folded upon her torso, kept up by the knees that were drawn to her chest to finish the sulking appearance she seemed to strive for at this very time. Though, it was her headache that kept her in such a state. A deep sigh had caused her chest to heave, expression softening. Far to used to this, Genmei simply decided to read the school her father gave to her that was on the next of their clan techniques.

She had to do something while the others were sent to investigate.

Reaching into the small back she had with her, one that was normally strapped around her waist, she pulled out a small scroll that was decorated with a deep purple, a venomous shade that reminded her deeply of her clan. Pulling the object before her open, The Tsuki clan member let it unravel before her, the long scrolls paper resting against her draw up legs as she let her eyes scan its contents. Occasionally she would peer up to keep an eye on the supplies of their camp along with looking to where the main family Tsuki member was, the one left in charge of the remaining genin here. It was still her task to stay at camp and keep an eye on the supplies after all.

After ten minutes or so, Genmei had rolled the jutsu scroll back up and dropped it back into her pack, slowly gathering herself up till she stood with arms above her head in a stretch. The Tsuki genin stood at a height of 5''3 for the age of fifteen, waist length blonde locks that were pale pink towards the tips were pulled into two buns at the back of her skull that were wrapped at their base by her remaining hair that was pulled into braids, the rest of the braids falling to her mid-back. The genin wore a black kimono like top with red rims and a red thin belt around the point of her waist, along with light grey shorts to match. In addition, Genmei wore a pair of black knee high socks type items, the outer sides of them having been split to have a stitched up like design with red threads, bearing minor amounts of skin. Shin guards finished her outfit along with a pair of plated ninja gloves.

Have stretched after the long period of sitting, Genmei let a grin slip onto her face. "What to do~" The cheerful girl seemed back to normal as the traces of her headache faded to a dull thud, now her grin being as bright as it normally was. She leaned back on her heels of her sandals for a moment before heading over to look for Kaito Tsuki to see if there was anything she could do, wanting to keep busy. When she noticed him by the center of the camp, Genmei paused for a moment before running over, calling out. "Kait--....Si-"

Within seconds of breaking her sentence, Genmei had twisted her foot in its place as she twisted herself around just in time to avoid running into the swarm of bugs that hit the ground just before her current place, the sound of the swarm bringing a ringing to her ears. "What the..." She whispered, fixing her stance as she found herself jumping back when she noted the sound of the swarm growing louder, the one that hit before having gathered itself and went back in her direction. Genmei blinked wildly, terrified and unsure, at the sight of that many bugs! How was she supposed to fight bugs....Bugs of all things!

Within moments of her troubling thoughts, the genin had turned and jumped towards the nearest tree and onto one of the lower branches, bringing herself up to a height and away from the current swarm that had chased her, letting them loose sight of her as it went for the next nearest genin. Red eyes narrowed in concentration as they snapped over to the opposite side of the camp where a few men garbed in high collared coats appeared, the bugs escaping their sleeves at an alarming rate. "Oh no no no..." She hissed, reaching up to rest a hand upon her chest, feeling the rapid thuds beneath her hand. "We're being attacked.." .She whimpered, teeth biting into the flesh of her lip before she dragged her gaze to where she last saw Kaito, only to see him locked in battle with the arriving Aburame members.

Fear brought a slight tremble to her lips as her nails bore dents into the palm of her hands, her eyes frantically moving away from the sight of corpses before her. She took a sigh to try and calm her nerves before she tried to think rationally about what to do. Genmei was broken out of her thoughts when she found herself looking back to the battle between Kaito and an Aburame. What shocked her however, was the fact that Kaito had noticed her and subtly motioned towards the direction of the other genin. At first she paused in doubt but before she knew it, Genmei had took off through the branches to look for the genin search party.

After a short distance, Genmei found herself watching the others of the Tsuki clan battling their own Aburame, something that nearly had her falling out of the branch she was on. The situation was getting worse with each second. Fear still kept a tight grip on her chest as she found herself jumping down to join the others. "G-guys!" Her voice and expression were panicked, not only because she had seen a few corpses along the way of the attack but because she feared they would soon fall as well if they didn't do something. "The camp was attacked! I-..." She looked over to the Aburame before turning back to Toko and the others. "I think it has been taken over, we need to reatreat...NOW!" The last part was a loud whisper, her teeth grit as she looked to the amounts of dead bugs that covered the ground.

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Danny and Ganryu
Standing thin at a mere five feet, Toko wasn't exactly someone a person would consider intimidating. If it wasn't for the chakra enhancing his body and soul, the boy wouldn't be able to manage half the prowess he today is able to execute. Wiping his blade, the knight sheathed the sword on his back and wiped his forehead, the sweat flying off through the motion. He couldn't believe that they actually managed through that fight, but with teamwork, they were able to. Luckily, there were no other foes to deal with. He tightened his black, fingerless leather gloves and bracers so that they remained comfortably upon his arms. Looking to his sides, he was able to see how none of his allies had been hurt during the fight and they were able to return with a report. If there was one enemy ninja here, there would probably more waiting for the word to attack. If luck had left them, the camp had already been attacked. If that was the case...

It didn't take long before an allied warrior appeared, a female. She seemed incredibly distraught and that could only mean disaster. This girl in particular was Genmei, and though Toko had never spent much time with her, or anyone for that matter, she was reliable enough. Genmei was one of those people who always seemed to be jolly in one way or the other, a person that was nice to be around but tended to be in the center of attention quite often. "What...?" Despite this however, she came bearing grave news. The camp had been attacked? When did this happen? Probably when Toko and the others had been fighting that enemy ninja, though they were completely oblivious to it. So that was the enemy warriors' strategy. They lured half the camp away to deal with the kids without any jounin intervention, though they probably didn't expect the genin to survive. Either way, if what Genmei said was true, the camp had been overrun and the genin would have to escape if they hoped to survive. "But..." Toko shivered, "we...we can't run...we can't leave the others..." For a Chakra Knight to simply flee was incredibly dishonorable, though even they understood that running into certain death for no good reason was foolish as best.

If their camp had been overrun and destroyed, there was no one to save. Fighting the enemy now would be an act driven by vengeance and anger, something that would surely get the genin killed where the enemy had previously failed. Retreating now would allow them to fight another day. Clenching his fists, the boy looked up at Genmei, a distraught frown upon his face. "There...there's no one alive there...?"

• Love
Reactions: RaccoonKing
Tsuki
The insect's organized flight path ceased, and they scattered in chaotic movement as Toko made the last blow.

Their sound became less and less as Genmei reported in the direness of the situation at camp, of it falling.

A raspy voice came from the ground at that. It almost sounded like a laugh, but too weak to tell.

"Of course... All of us attacked your camp. We are... putting an end to the warring clans. As long as the clans are.... apart... there will be eternal war. The Uchiha... Senju.... they took us in..."

Shingen had barely managed to get that out, wounds covering him, and the sword still in his stomach. His breathe didn't continue long however.

Kicho Hashiba

Kicho collapsed to one knee as Toko landed the final blow on Shingen.

"We did it. We did it!"

Kicho jumped at the nearest person to her for a hug, who unfortunately happened to be Pratt. She didn't seem to even notice the sword in his mouth, or that both were covered in bug guts. She was still unsure if it was real or not.

"We're safe."

From her new position, a voice came to her ears. It was familiar, so she didn't grab an Ofuda. She looked to see one more genin coming towards them, Kicho recognized her from camp, Genmei.
"The camp was attacked! I-...I think it has been taken over, we need to retreat...NOW!"

With that, Kicho started to shake again.

"No... We just, we just barely got good news, this can't be happening!"

Shingen croaked out confirming Genmei's bad news.

"Of course... All of us attacked your camp. We are... putting an end to the warring clans. As long as the clans are.... apart... there will be eternal war. The Uchiha... Senju.... they took us in..."

Kicho could only shake her head at those last words.

"What did we ever do to you!?"

He was gone though. A serious thought came to her mind.

"Hey, this place isn't anywhere important. Do you think they were on their way to somewhere else... What if they were going after our home, Honnoji?"

Kicho's shaking got worse, and she shakily grabbed an Ofuda at the thought.

Pratt
As Pratt notices the man falls victim to Toko's last and great attack. It's finally over, they defeated the enemy. With that, Pratt notices all the beetles leaving the area.

Before the boy can say anything, he felt like someone was holding onto him. He looks down to see none other than Kicho hugging him and saying that they're safe now. Pratt nods with his tantoo still in his mouth before he removes it and coughs a little from all the arthropod guts he swallowed.

"You're right. We're safe, now let's get back to cam-."

His words are halted as another genin like them, thankfully of the same clan, approaches them. The news she brings puts out his joy: The camp was attacked. At the same time, the enemy ninja gives out one final decree that his people will end the warring clans. Kicho asks if they were heading to other places, while Toko asks if everyone was not alive. Pratt decided to go along with the questioning.

"Hold on here. We have figured out quickly how to defeat them, and we're just genin. All the people more advance than us must have been able to figure it out as well along with some of the others at our level. We should return to the camp and help out who's left."

• Love
Reactions: RaccoonKing
Genmei

The poison bloodline Kunoichi simply found herself biting the flesh of her lower lip, her eyes having shifted to the near death and then dead Aburame. Genmei had decided that she disliked the Aburame, their link to bugs being quite the pain for an opponent. Her eyes slid back to Kicho, Toko and Pratt. "When..." The genin took a slight breath at this, her expression drawn into a frown. "Well, back at camp everything was fine until huge swarms of bugs attacked. When I saw them I moved away from the ones after me and took shelter in the tree to see where it was coming from." Her arms had folded themselves over her torso. "It only took moments for all those swarms to grow and a few Aburame to appear. They must have been at Kaito's level maximum. One engaged with him while the rest went after the genin." Genmei carefully explained.

Genmei had looked over back towards the dead Aburame as she thought for a moment before looking around the area they were left in. "Before I escaped to gather you guys, I saw a lot of the other genin fall. I assume...That the rest may of as well..." She mumbled. However, it was not a definite. Genmei just couldn't see the chances being in the favor of their fellow genin. "I mean maybe Kaito and the rest survived but if they haven't and the Aburame are still there, can we all really defeat them?" She questioned. It was not her intention to sound pessimistic if she dead, Genmei did not want to increase the death toll further. Glancing briefly between the others, her arms dropped to her sides.

"...I...What do we do then?"

Pratt
Dam. All that fighting and people dead. Yet, Pratt refused to believe that they are all dead and gone. This scout group wasn't the sharpness set of tools in the shed, though it wasn't the dullest.

"I refuse to believe that they're all dead still. Those that were better than us at camp would have been able to fight them. We're not the best genin there. Plus our camp leader and the guy from the main house must have figured it out and are skilled enough to repel them. If they're still fighting, they'll need back up. They other remaining scout teams should have noticed this and returned, so we should as well. Otherwise they may get defeated from the lack of aid."

Pratt tries to keep his face looking stable, but his skin is sweating from the anxiety and his hands are shaking. He didn't want to know that the camp is already dead, or that they were killed from no one helping them. If they died from no one helping them, he would feel dam guilty for retreating.

"We got to make a decision soon. Who knows how many Aburame, or Tsuki are left in these grounds."

Kicho Hashiba

Kicho still shook as she thought about it. Why was this all happening anyways? What had the Tsuki clan even done to the Aburame? It couldn't just be because they existed. Why couldn't everyone be safe? Pratt was right though. They couldn't wait all day. If they just stood there, the insects would attack them, and they would die. She was afraid of the bugs at this point. Kicho's eyes watered thinking about it. People were going to die one way or the other. She needed to decide.

"I'm going back! That guy said the whole clan's there. I can't do much. What if we all go back, and then get killed, then nobody get's back to warn the clan! They could hit them all by surprise. I-I want everybody to be safe....I do... but I can't let my home get destroyed!"

Kicho before departing, walked to the corpse of the scout they had found, bending down in a quick prayer.

"I'm sorry. Rest in peace."

Rising, she turned towards where Honnoji was, and started off.

"Good luck. Sorry guys, I just can't stay."

In the distance, in the direction of the camp, a large buzz reverberated through the area, followed by silence.

For Satoshi Uroko, today had been quite hectic. In between issuing orders, taking reports, and dealing with distraught clansmen, he had barely had a moments rest. Even now he was rushing to read through the last few reports on the events of the last few days. He couldn't afford to overlook any details, not when it seemed as though the Leaf was about to come pouring into the heart of the clan. He was almost tempted to shoo his assistant away when he arrived, but he knew he needed to speak with them on top of everything else.

"Still more reports, Lord Uroko?"

"Yep." Satoshi replied curtly. "I think I've more than figured out what's going on here, but it doesn't hurt to beat the fine details into my brain."

"What is your conclusion, then, my lord?" His assistant asked. "What is happening to us?"

"Well, Jiro, it's fairly damn simple really..." He started pointing to the map on his wall. "They've been attacking us everywhere and anywhere. They've even been attacking the Tsuki at the same time. In spite of them spreading their resources so thin, they've won just about every battle and displayed incredible strategy at the same time."

"And...?" Jiro asked. He knew there must be more to it than just stories of losses everywhere.

"They're trying to crush us." Satoshi stated plainly. "Of course they want to beat us, but they want to grind us into dust. To destroy us utterly. 'Shock and awe', if you will. I believe they want to make an example of us and the Tsuki, so the clans around them will give up."

"So that's it, then?" The colour had drained from Jiro's face. "We're just a stepping stone on their road to power?"

"Yep. Ain't it peachy? I heard they even sent ol' Gnarled Bark to go kill that witless Hanra."

"You mean Myojin Senju? Isn't he famous?"

"Oh yeah. And just to show off, they had him kill our most useless commander. You wouldn't believe how hard my brother bawled when he heard his son got killed." If it hadn't been for his brother's skill as a shinobi, Satoshi would have never given Hanra a military commission. It was just as his father had taught him; sometimes you had to entertain the fools to harness the prowess of others. Not that it mattered, because they were facing down the greatest crisis the Uroko had ever faced, and neither he nor his brother had managed to do a thing about it.

"Well, enough ruminating on the past. We have work to do." The situation seemed desperate, but Satoshi was damned if he was going to give up here. "Go get me Kaguya Izuki, Etamura Kanoke, and Shigeru."

"Why them, my lord?"

"Because from all the survivors of Hanra's idiot brigade, they were said to have preformed competently in battle." There were others that hadn't done terribly, but the reports claimed those ones did the best. "Now go on, get! I still have reading to do...." Jiro rushed out to see to finding those three, while Satoshi returned to his work. In spite of everything that had happened, Satoshi still saw fit to single out the talents in his clan. Even if doom loomed on the horizon, he was going to keep doing his job.

Eventually, those kids would arrive in his office as they would be ordered to do. Then he would have some work for them....

Pratt

"Somebody should look after her. There could be random Aburame around and she wouldn't be able to face one alone. I can't do that, as I'll be heading back to the camp to aid whoever's left."

With that, Pratt starts to walk towards the camp. He knows that he must help whoever is left fight the Aburame. It's a shame that they're not all going. As the boy gets to camp, he realises the consequences of a late arrival. The camp is now devasted and deserted. Tents have caught fire and ash is everywhere. People lie stationary on the ground. Pratt gets onto his knees from viewing it all.

"I came too late, they're all gone now. Dammit Pratt, you fucked up and now most people are either dead or have fled. I guess there is no way of me being here any longer if I'm all alone. This place creeps me now."

Pratt gets up and starts to to where Honnoji should be. Nothing could be done by him since he was too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.