Namtar Lament (Now open: Contact Kui before joining.)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
(W) Achelias wouldn't have been greeted for at least several more minutes, the man knew of the disability that Achelias was struggling to deal with; though luckily for Achelias, he had limbs to spare. Unlike other people of course. This man soon approached the door, dressed in what looked to be rather casual wear for those in a stereotypical western theme, held held out a large revolver that looked to be quite powerful. Shiny the gun was, his boots could be heard clicking on the broken glass that he fired through, a small cowboy hat and a cigar in between his lips. He was about 6 feet tall, well tanned and had a beard clinging tight and well groomed to his lower chin and up to his side burns. He could be heard kicking the 'thing' out of the way of the door, opening the opposite door of Achelias and revealing that he had an eye patch, a black eye patch under his left eye. "Call'om snarls. Personal name, really." He pointed at the creature of a dog before holstering his weapon, looking down at Achelias. "The names Contendo. What have we got going on here." He inspected Achelias, not quite showing that he was a threat nor showing that he was an ally . . . other than 'helping.'

(W) Achelias looked up at Contendo with a big smile though he wouldn't see due to the gas mask still on, but Achelias would of took off the gas mask revealing his smile looking up at the man. He was saved in his mind and he owed his life the man. He would brushed his own hair back due to the gas mask messing the front part of his hair. He would then replied "Achelias, My name is Achelias Kujau" in a friendly tone of voice giving his hand to Contendo to shake with a firm grip. He would of then quickly said "Again, Thank you for saving me. I seem to have lost my legs a bit ago, I've been crawling for awhile now looking for my group. I got ambushed by two members of my group, though they are no longer a threat" In a friendly tone of voice. He would think a moment before saying "Mr. Contendo, You see.. my body is made of metal covered with fake skin, that is the best way I can explain it" as he now lifted up his robe to show the dismantled legs though not completely gone, shattered from the knee down with multiple metals and gears showing along with different coloration.

(E2) Now alone, Arin wandered back into the room she shared with Zaun and plopped herself down on the bed, staring up at the ceiling. Now that she had some time to herself, she decided to quell some of her weirder wonders. She struggled, but managed to slip off her armor, plopping it onto the ground with the rest of her gear. Being able to actually breathe without that kinda tight cuirass on her chest was reliving. She looked down at her now 'unbound' chest, her breasts being of modest size. She sat on the bed for a while, staring both out of the window and at herself, observing her left hand. It was an odd feeling being thrust so far into the future like this.

Arin finally looked at her locket, observing the family picture safely held within. By the looks of it, one of her siblings was maybe an identical twin, only slightly taller with glasses and hazel eyes. The other was barely shorter and sported sky blue eyes, and what she felt was their mother was just about Arin's own height, sharing the smaller fox's blue eyes. She looked in the background of the photo to see if it had any recognizable landmarks. They were in a park. A small section of a children's jungle gym was visible on the far left of the picture. Offhandedly, Arin wondered if Serdtse would be able to pull anything from this.

The already mildly tired girl just sighed, flopping back onto the bed and shutting the locket, simply holding it in her hand now while staring up at the ceiling. Again. She found herself wondering what Zaun wanted to talk about with their captain. It looked urgent, but she couldn't really tell.

(E) Zaun walked until he was around four feet in front of her before sitting down, cross legged. He would have met her gaze and would have been silent, just...looking at her. Noticing any discrepancies in her normal behavior. He would have watched the ways her eyes moved, the tone of her speech, the way she put away the notepad. Taking all of these into effect he would have taken a large moment before speaking. "I have had words with my guardians." He would say, nothing else coming out as he waited for Serdtse to give her piece n on that.

(E) Serdtse was rather calm, tilting her head at him with confusion of his words. "I don't believe your guardians have anything to do with me, hm?" Serdtse tilted her head, she didn't know where Zaun was going with this but the way that he spoke; he sort of put her on the spot. Which wasn't a very good feeling at all.

(E) Zaun wouldn't have said anything more, just...observing. "The contrary. Their words alluded to you. I am under the impression that something happened and is affecting the mission. While I can make guesses, I can only assume that it was recent. Can you enlighten me Serdtse?" He would say, her name coming out of her mouth foreign as he had only said it once in the time that they had been talking. He was hoping for this to be easy, that she could tell him what was wrong, he did not wish to pry her.

(E) "Like I said, Zaun. I am very aware of the nature of the spirit world, I've spent a lifetime teaching it . . . and more than a lifetime experiencing it. If you would like to contest my knowledge, do explain and tell me of what your guardians have told you." Serdtse blinked at his sudden arrogance over her disposition.

(E) Zaun would rub the back of his neck, this wasn't pleasant. "They have told me that I am blind to something involving you, that is all that I am aware of. I can start guessing, or can you tell me what it is I am missing." He would state, in a way challenging her but in another not particularly. He just wanted to get to the bottom of this mystery.

(E) Serdtse blinked, staring at him as if she had thought that he was lieing. In which case, he technically was lieing. But she wasn't aware of that information, she simply thought that he was saying things that never even happened. "How about . . . you leave this room, and I will forget that you decided to challenge my personal information that you have absolutely no right to indulge yourself in. The second option involves either killing you or leaving you in a state that you will be unable to touch me until you are able to recover to a more suitable state of health." Serdtse gave him an offer, he had absolutely no right to make such demands- it was almost like he was trying to act like a councilor. Except instead of asking, he was demanding. And clearly, he did not know Serdtse enough.

(E) Zaun would open his mouth to speak before hesitating, something she said didn't quite make sense. Shrugging he would stand, cracking his neck and opening the door before closing it. He would not say a word to her. When the door closed he would lean against it, sighing slightly as his heart tugged. He felt manipulated, betrayed in a way. No one who acted so friendly or treated him like that would act like to someone they truly thought to be a friend. It is decided he thought. She is infected and must be taken care of at some point, this would explain the antisocial behavior and the bite marks. Whatever happened to her while she was taken, she became infected. When they reach their destination, he will force her to take the medicine, or be forced to kill her. Sighing heavily, he shouldered his shield and sat back down infront of his guard position.

(W) "Right. Best not to think of you as an enemy or an ally." He said as he pushed his lips together to make the sound that would normally attract a cat. "How about we get riding along, find some friendly faces." He tilted his head to attract Achelias, holstering his weapon to show that he wasn't actually a threat. "Have about an hour til we attract unnecessary amounts of attention." He wasn't willing to carry Aechelias, he was willing to open the doors and stroll along down the road in between two buildings though. Keeping a close hawkish eye on Achelias.

(E2) Arin heard Serdtse's door open and close. Moving her head to glance out her room's open door, she saw Zaun sitting. His expression was unreadable. Primarily because she couldn't see his face. She had no idea what had happened in that room, and she didn't really want to ask either. She contemplated calling out to him but decided against it. It was weird to crack a silence like this one.

(E) Serdtse scowled at him. She HEARD everything. Of course, she wasn't going to let this stand. Serdtse wasn't about to put herself in danger for a fowl fart such as Zaun, she wasn't going to put up with it. She sighed heavily, beginning to pack her things into her backpack; she knocked on her door and abruptly spoke up. "Zaun, could you get Arin back in here? I would like to continue my lesson." Serdtse spoke up for her to be heard.

(W) Achelias would of nodded and put his gas mask into his green backpack. He would of made sure his puppet was still wrapped around him and would of then started walking out the door and waited to walk along side of Contendo. Achelias would of tried to bring up conversation and said "So.. Mr Contendo, Have you been watching me for awhile or am I just really lucky" in a friendly tone of voice, He was happy he had found another friend or ally or just another person to talk to and help him out while in these certain circumstances.

(E) From the position on the floor Zaun would have opened the door, shutting it when Arin moved in. His mind would clear and he would simply be focused on guarding. Whenever he was called into action or needed to defend himself he would move, other than that, he was content to stay there.

(E2) Arin heard Serdtse call and groaned to herself, already relatively comfortable on the bed she was lounging on. She rolled off and slipped into the Serdtse's room before Zaun wordlessly closed the door. This really pulled on her curiosity so she shifted a bit before finally piping up. "Uhh...so where did we leave off..?" She asked, grabbing her journal she had forgotten in there. She wanted to ask about the whole conversation between Zaun and her, but since Zaun shooed her out in the first place, she decided it wasn't something her ears to hear or something like that.

(W) "I've been watching quite a while now. Waiting for my time to shine sort to speak, I don't make my money from protecting people; I make my living from rescuing people. Surely you've heard of the pigeon system." He grinned back at Achelias, dusting off his jeans with a pat or too- his glance however, was with the eyepatch . . . that otherwise declared that he could somehow see through the eye patch. The scene that was going on was rather . . . humorous. He was basically walking a dog. Well, walking an Acehlias.

(E) Serdtse nodded her head at Arin, now that the door was closed- she put on her backpack and gave Arin a firm facial expression that clearly meant business. She waved for Arin to move over to her, nodding her head back as she held onto a slab of fragile stone. She whispered lowly for only Arin to hear, "Zaun and I are not getting along very well. And it is my duty that I bring you back to society, unscaved and unharmed. I understand that you have worries that I treat you like treasure, but believe me Arin; you are treasure. All people are treasure so as long as they have memories and traditions to offer the world, but don't think that I only believe you to be a treasure or an object. Will you follow me back to the Revenant head quarters? You will be taken care of and educated on what you have missed, and hopefully reestablished to what you have known yourself to be in the past." Serdtse spoke genuinely, with honesty too.

(W) Achelias would of said "I see, well thank you for being my Hero today. To be honest I am having quite the unlucky day hah, but at least I'm still alive" in a friendly tone of voice. Achelias would of looked up to Contendo with a smile like he was a dog waiting for a command but would of said "Man, it must of been quite funny seeing me crawl around everywhere. I'd laugh at myself if I was watching, I can't believe I even got myself into this condition. Ah but no, What is the pigeon system? also are we going somewhere specific or are we on the hunt for my group or your group if you have one?" He seemed to be in a positive mood even when he is in this embarrassing situation.

(E2) Arin blinked, slipping a bit closer to Serdtse and listened to her hushed offer. So the two did have a bit of sandpaper between them. Serdtse's offer was very convincing though, and having not remembered much from her past, she was pretty trusting and naive, but she didn't know who to trust more between the two she's been with her for the entirety of her time in this dystopian future.

She obviously hesitated, but Head Quarters sounded like a stronghold, away from danger and...zombies and stuff. Of course, she'd probably get bored, but she wouldn't be able to even feel emotions as a zombie or something like that. She slightly nodded her head. "I ah, sure...I'll come. When're we leaving then..? And what about Zaun?"

Status
Not open for further replies.