Mysteries of Membuka

Aideen nodded, turning away from him. She knew he would ask her to anyways, so she just saved him the breath of asking. She smiled, smoothing down her fluffy orange hair. Being able to wash things with fire was a blessing, she felt - fire burned away germs, dirt, grease, and all other impurities and imperfections, but her control over the element allowed her to prevent it from damaging her hair itself. As such, she always had clean and soft hair. If one day the village discovered magic, she would almost certainly open a hair salon where she used her powers to help her business - she also loved styling hair, though that required more skill and less magic.

Elias quickly changed out of his swim trunks and back into his clothes. His hair was still damp as he pulled his coat on, but he honestly didn't care.

Aideen waited quietly for him to let her know that she could turn around. She smiled to herself, wondering where this friendship was going, if anywhere.

Elias reached for Aideen's hand once he was satisfied that he looked fine.
"Shall we go?"

Aideen blushed slightly, smiling over at him.

"Do you want me to dry your hair for you?" she asked him gently. "It might tickle a bit."

Aideen gave a flick of her wrist and flames appeared, engulfing Elias's hair. They didn't burn him, despite the sizzling and crackling noises, and a moment later, as the fire died down, his hair was soft and clean and dry. Aideen grinned, admiring her work.

Elias laughed a bit, running a hand through his hair and ruffling it a bit.
"Thanks," he said.

Aideen laughed softly, gazing up at him with bright hazel eyes.

"You look great," she said gently, pausing a moment before turning and beginning in the direction of the castle, fluttering her wings.

Elias smiled at that, keeping hold of Aideen's hand and following after her. "Thanks to you," he said.

Aideen laughed softly, pulling him along behind her.

"Yes, that is true," she teased gently.

Aideen grinned over at him, pleasantly surprised by the gesture. She walked soundlessly against the ground, fluttering her wings behind her cheerfully as they made their way along. She was quiet, thinking about what to eat for lunch.

Elias let his mind wander as they walked, but his thoughts always circled back to Aideen. He hated knowing that they would eventually end up together. It just made making a move harder. What if he messed up? Would the future change? It was an irrational thought, he knew, as his visions never changed, but he still couldn't shake the worry. He wanted to make a move, he really did, but maybe it was too early.

Aideen walked quietly along, smiling all the way. She could tell that Elias was deep in thought, so she tried not to interrupt him, figuring that it was probably important. Instead, she cheerfully took in the lush green of their surroundings. It was beautiful, and certainly worth admiring.

Eliza swings her legs off the bed, standing up and dressing. She yawns and dresses quickly. She puts on her mother's amulet and grabs her katana. She attaches the scabbard to her waist and heads downstairs. "I guess today is the time for exploring the village." She grabs a cloak and puts it on, pulling the hood over her head, to remain anonymous. She steps outside, looking around, and hurries off towards the Market.

"It just occurred to me that I should perhaps set myself up in one of the rooms in the castle," Elias said.

Aideen smiled a bit, looking over at him. She knew that the castle would be a good place for him, though a part of him wanted to offer to let him move in with her - but no, that was crazy. She'd just met him that day. It was one thing to become fast friends and go swimming and hang out, it was another thing entirely to move in together. As much as she was attracted to him, it wasn't like she was planning on kissing him or anything like that. Not just yet.

"I can help you find one if you want," she said. "Lots of them are already painted, you can repaint but it sucks, so it makes more sense to find one that's in colours you can tolerate."

"I'd love your help," Elias said, grinning, "and with any luck, there should be a nice place near yours that I can take."

Aideen laughed softly and nodded a bit at his words. Through the trees, the castle appeared in the distance, and Aideen smiled as they continued to draw nearer.

"Yeah, that would make it easy to hang out," she said. "It's nice to have a friend here. I left all mine behind when I came here."