Murder Game IV: Monokuma Rising

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the Coalition HQ bar:

"I'll have... a glass of red wine" Bayonetta said to the bartender upon getting to the bar, while showing the new coalition ID she acquired with Makoto's help.

tumblr_l263htDh2K1qaf8azo1_400.gif

Bayonetta sat alone at the bar, enjoying the silence.

No arguing. No accusations. No gunshots. No loud music. Just silence.

For the first time in a while, she could be alone with her thoughts.

The proposal of joining the coalition was interesting to Bayonetta. Fighting as part of a group, a team, was an interesting change for her. A refreshing change.

Though she never fought in a war or as part of an army, she imagined it would be more scripted. It would likely be a field commander, a general, making the best use of her unique abilities as part of a group effort to defeat the enemy.

Could she see herself doing, to a greater degree, what she was doing during this last episode?

Then her thoughts turned to... Doctor Song. She remembered the Doctor getting in her face about being a murderer. In a way she was fighting a war, for those she cared about. Cosmo as well, though his motives were confusing as he was on the enemy's side.

Another sip of red wine, and another thought.

Bayonetta-Bloody-Fate-013-20141017-300x168.jpg

Was there anyone Bayonetta cared about that much?

• Love
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Eventually, Ruby turned to Yang and "PrettyBoy" "Come on! Let's go!" she said, tugging Yang with one and and "PrettyBoy" with another as she went off to search for Jennifer, she wasn't sure where Natsu, Seiker, or even Arya went, but, she'd figure that out later after they'd found Jennifer again, she wasn't sure if any others wished to join them too, but, she didn't mind more company.

@ItsToppyTippers @DapperDogman @Atomyk @Krieg @MrDubWubs @ShiroKiyoshi @Anyone else who wants to join them

"I'm sure they'll love you!" the huntress in training said in response to Pretty Boy's previous sentence of meeting everyone back at Remnant. "Especially after all you've done for me and Ruby, they have to!"

Yang couldn't wait to see everyone back at home, she missed them all very much and was giddy. She also couldn't wait to introduce PB to the others. The teen was sure that he would get along with them all. Maybe even Weiss! Well, she could only hope for that last one.

@york @DapperDogman

@Joellie

River couldn't look back at him right away. Not a single word he said eased her. She still felt like her heart was twisting in a million different directions--mostly hurting her. And she felt bad about it too. Edward had great reasons to return home. She couldn't blame him for wanting to see his daughter. But for some reason she couldn't shake feeling sad about it. It would be selfish to talk him out of his duties. However, River felt disappointed knowing she had never gotten a chance to be selfish for her entire life. And, yet again, she was cheated out of a chance.

River lowered her head, shivering slightly when he hugged her from behind. "You don't have to apologize. I just-- I can't visit. I can't take you with me just once. Don't you see? I already have that in my life." River paused.

"We can visit, River. Let's go together for just one trip. Until next we meet, Song. Let's travel together, but not all the time," she said, trying to make her voice sound like The Doctors. "I already have an ageless god for a husband whom I can only see sometimes. You're already saying the same things he says. And the things he does hurt me oh so much. I don't think I can bear the weight of a companion on the side who does the same thing. It's not your fault either. It's mine for thinking I could be allowed more than just a... "sometimes." Perhaps I'm meant to always be alone..."

She finally turned back to look at him. The look in his eyes made her stomach turn uncomfortably. Her hazel eyes actually visibly teared up upon looking at him. She lifted a hand and touched the side of his face. "Blimey, this is hard. Don't look at me like that; with big, stupid, longing eyes," she mumbled. "There's nothing we can fix here. I need to just... take you home..."

If there was nothing to fix, that meant nothing was broken. And yet, why did the idea of dropping him off at home and leaving feel so... wrong?
Edward took River's hand in his own once again. He was feeling a sort of pain he'd never felt before, only thinking of seeing this woman leave forever. Somehow he felt like it would be unbearable, but it seemed necessary. It would be very dangerous for his daughter, and there was little chance she wouldn't get hurt. But then again, pirates are most known for their greed and selfishness.

"Chain me to you then, so that we may be locked together forever and never leave eachother's sides, so that I may keep my word when I tell you that I want you..." Edward kept his eyes firmly locked on hers as he dropped down on one knee, keeping River's hand between his own. "... River Song... to accept this token of an eternal bond, an everlasting love between you and I."

He untied a red strap of cloth from around his waist and tied it back up around his own wrist and River's, locking them together. "A token that will forever represent the moment we met, the moments we shared, and the moment we shall die at eachother's side..."

He then reached inside his pocket and pulled out a ring, not a real one with fancy diamonds or gold, but a very familiar plastic ring. It was the same ring he gave her back at the school. Somehow he must have pulled it through the simulation, or recreated it very well. "Melody Pond... Allow me to give you the proposal you never had, but always deserved... Will you take my hand and walk the path of life, sail the seas of happiness and conquer the storms and rough winds of misfortune with me?"

Edward carefully put the ring on River's finger with his free hand. "Marry me."

In response to Yang, Pretty blushes a little "Nah...it was nothing, you've...you've done a lot for me, even if you don't know it..."

Pretty Boy smiles as Ruby grabs him and drags him along, chuckling "Jeez, you're full of beans" he says with a smile "I hope you can keep up" he challenges Yang as he runs along with Ruby, giving her a playful smirk as they race along

In all honesty, it was just nice to relax for a moment, and not have to worry about the game any more
3 days of that game had felt like an eternity, and to be honest, PB had seen some things he never, ever, wanted to see again

@york
@ItsToppyTippers
@MrDubWubs

Edward took River's hand in his own once again. He was feeling a sort of pain he'd never felt before, only thinking of seeing this woman leave forever. Somehow he felt like it would be unbearable, but it seemed necessary. It would be very dangerous for his daughter, and there was little chance she wouldn't get hurt. But then again, pirates are most known for their greed and selfishness.

"Chain me to you then, so that we may be locked together forever and never leave eachother's sides, so that I may keep my word when I tell you that I want you..." Edward kept his eyes firmly locked on hers as he dropped down on one knee, keeping River's hand between his own. "... River Song... to accept this token of an eternal bond, an everlasting love between you and I."

He untied a red strap of cloth from around his waist and tied it back up around his own wrist and River's, locking them together. "A token that will forever represent the moment we met, the moments we shared, and the moment we shall die at eachother's side..."

He then reached inside his pocket and pulled out a ring, not a real one with fancy diamonds or gold, but a very familiar plastic ring. It was the same ring he gave her back at the school. Somehow he must have pulled it through the simulation, or recreated it very well. "Melody Pond... Allow me to give you the proposal you never had, but always deserved... Will you take my hand and walk the path of life, sail the seas of happiness and conquer the storms and rough winds of misfortune with me?"

Edward carefully put the ring on River's finger with his free hand. "Marry me."
@Joellie

River was honestly expecting the scenario to play out a bit differently then it did. She really wasn't expecting what would happen next. Her mouth fell open. If she were a cartoon character, her jaw would have hit the floor. She was utterly dumbfounded, shocked, and speechless. Her upset rambling was no more. She had nothing more to say. Something he did finally managed to shut her completely up.

And after Edward had done something she hadn't expected, River did something she herself hadn't expected...

She told Edward no. Go home loser you suck. Bye, bye. Get out of here you stinky pirate. :P

She cried.

Tears poured from her eyes like a running faucet. River frantically tried to wipe them away, hands shaking. Her hands weren't shaking because she was scared of what Edward had just suggested, but because of her fear for showing weakness in front of others. Yet, she couldn't stop the tears. She was quite overwhelmed. Eventually, she gave up trying to stop them. Edward had already seen them. It was too late now.

After looking in Edward's eyes for a moment, she glanced back down at the ring he put on her finger. It wasn't anything special--it was the same cheap plastic ring Edward had given her toward the beginning of their time in the simulation--but the memories behind it made it better than a fancy diamond ring. She just couldn't believe the ring or the proposal. It was a smoother move than The Doctor had ever managed to pull.

Finally, after a lot of being quiet and frozen in place, River managed to move. She hugged him, putting her head on his shoulder.

"F-For someone so rude and frustrating, y-you sure can manage to be thoughtful and caring," she said her voice squeaking slightly as she spoke. "I-I don't know what to say. I--" River lightly gripped onto his shirt. "I want you..." Oh yes, she wanted him more now than she ever had. She could feel her heart beating hard in her chest with desire for him. "...but technically I'm still married. Does that matter?" Although she asked the question, she privately felt that it didn't matter now that she wanted... someone else.​

Jennifer - Coalition HQ - Ruby/Yang/Pretty Boy/Natsu

You all find yourselves in the Canteen eventually, where thankfully not a plate of spaghetti exists in sight. Jennifer walks in with a quite large cylinder container. She drops it on the table, a few men and women following her. "Prepare to be treated, guys." She opens the container to reveal not just the orange juice ice cream, but many different kinds of flavors. Hot fudge is brought in-- sprinkles, caramel, and cinnamon too. "Don't forget the whipped cream," Jennifer says, dropping a large bottle down on the container as well. "Go wild!"

@york @ItsToppyTippers @DapperDogman @MrDubWubs

Last edited:
Bayonetta finished her drink, and in her mind finished her immediate plan.

"Thank you dear," she said to the bartender as she walked out of the bar.

For the first time in a while, she knew what she would be doing.

Her emotion, while walking back to the main area of the Coalition HQ, manifested in spontaneous dance.

tumblr_mlydsdkst71r6cfejo4_250.gif
tumblr_mlydsdkst71r6cfejo3_250.gif

She approached Makoto.

"Thank you for everything dear," she said, "but I'm afraid I must fight... my personal war for now."

bayonetta-anime.jpg

"I'd like to go back to Vigrid... though any location in central Europe would be satisfactory."

She paused, before giving him some hope for the future.

"I'll keep the ID you gave me, should the need arise against this 'Akibahara',"

tumblr_mmjlrb8bsE1r0gdrwo2_500.gif

"Feel free to call upon Bayonetta."

@Atomyk

"I'd like to go back to Vigrid... though any location in central Europe would be satisfactory."

She paused, before giving him some hope for the future.

"I'll keep the ID you gave me, should the need arise against this 'Akibahara',"

tumblr_mmjlrb8bsE1r0gdrwo2_500.gif

"Feel free to call upon Bayonetta."
"Thank you!" he says earnestly. A weight lifts off his chest at the prospect of a new ally-- and a new friend. "I understand completely... you do what you have to do. We'll get you there safe and sound." He holds out a hand. "Until next time."

@Mari

Reactions: Mari
Rex's face brightened at the sight of the new recruits, nodding as they went about their plans, yet one in particular brought tears to his eyes, making his earlier worries seem to disappear as he turned his back to her, speaking over his left shoulder to hide his crying face.
"You may no longer see me as your father, but you shall always be my daughter, and I want you to know that I am as proud of you now as I have always been.You are filled with courage, strength, and nobility, always doing what you believe is right, no matter the odds or consequences. You are the greatest of your siblings because they have become all they could be, while you have the potential to become something even greater. You are the Lone Wolf, yet you are not longer alone, and, with the proper training, you may one day become the imbodiment of Fenrir himself."

Unsheathing Ice from its scabbard, he struck the blade against the wall, causing the entire sword to shatter into tiny fragments, which floated down like snowflakes, stopping an inch from the floor before flying around his left hand, forming into a claw upon it.
"The weapon I gave you in there is not a piece of code or an imagination, but the embodiment of your inner strength. The fire that burns within you burns as cold as the Frozen North upon the Saharan Night, freezing all how appose you in fear, and burning away your insecurities."

He slowly began to leave, yet turned towards Makoto and the rest, speaking to them with a smile.
"As of today, I have lived for 6,556 years, many hundreds more than I thought I ever would. I am blessed to have lived such a long life, so that I may teach others the beauty of knowing what's most important: love. Love is what guides us. love is what binds us. Love is what makes living feel so alive. Without it, we are empty. Without it, we are alone. Yet filled with it, we are stronger than any force that has ever, will ever, or will never exist."

After his speech, he gave them all a smirk, which turned into a large grin upon his youthful face.
"I don't know about any of you, but I'm in the mood to cook, now. Who's hungry?"

@Atomyk
@Krieg
@Everyone Else with Rex and Makoto

@Joellie

River was honestly expecting the scenario to play out a bit differently then it did. She really wasn't expecting what would happen next. Her mouth fell open. If she were a cartoon character, her jaw would have hit the floor. She was utterly dumbfounded, shocked, and speechless. Her upset rambling was no more. She had nothing more to say. Something he did finally managed to shut her completely up.

And after Edward had done something she hadn't expected, River did something she herself hadn't expected...

She told Edward no. Go home loser you suck. Bye, bye. Get out of here you stinky pirate. :P

She cried.

Tears poured from her eyes like a running faucet. River frantically tried to wipe them away, hands shaking. Her hands weren't shaking because she was scared of what Edward had just suggested, but because of her fear for showing weakness in front of others. Yet, she couldn't stop the tears. She was quite overwhelmed. Eventually, she gave up trying to stop them. Edward had already seen them. It was too late now.

After looking in Edward's eyes for a moment, she glanced back down at the ring he put on her finger. It wasn't anything special--it was the same cheap plastic ring Edward had given her toward the beginning of their time in the simulation--but the memories behind it made it better than a fancy diamond ring. She just couldn't believe the ring or the proposal. It was a smoother move than The Doctor had ever managed to pull.

Finally, after a lot of being quiet and frozen in place, River managed to move. She hugged him, putting her head on his shoulder.

"F-For someone so rude and frustrating, y-you sure can manage to be thoughtful and caring," she said her voice squeaking slightly as she spoke. "I-I don't know what to say. I--" River lightly gripped onto his shirt. "I want you..." Oh yes, she wanted him more now than she ever had. She could feel her heart beating hard in her chest with desire for him. "...but technically I'm still married. Does that matter?" Although she asked the question, she privately felt that it didn't matter now that she wanted... someone else.​
Ed smiled widely while standing up straight again, his hands on her hips. "Does it matter, River? We both know what our hearts desire, and a man married to a lady such as yourself should not leave her side for anything. I'd wager he doesn't even remember getting married to you" he said. Of course he couldn't know for sure anymore, but judging by what River told him about the Doctor, he wasn't around much, and Ed felt like she deserved better. "The only thing that matters in the end is your happiness. Follow your heart." Even though he said it, he was hoping that her her heart would lead her to him, not to the other man.

Epilogue: Maria, Maria (Little Girls Never Really Grow Up)

Frank wanted to leave, at first. There were still people left to punish, in his world. One thing kept him from deciding, though. Jennifer. Sure, she wasn't the little girl he'd protected in the 'afterlife'. She wasn't even the woman he'd stood behind in the final confrontation. She was something different. She was powerful and outspoken, and, after watching the transition from timid child to that, he almost felt like he'd seen her grow up. She had earned his respect and loyalty.

"I'm staying," He told the members of the coalition bluntly. Without waiting for a response, though, he simply left the room to exercise. It wasn't everyday he found out he'd signed up to fight some super-demon, and he needed to unwind. He did his exercises for hours, just trying to wrap his head around what was going on. None of what had happened was real? So that meant... He'd never killed Yang. He hadn't really killed an innocent.

His aim was still flawless. His katas were still down-pat. Hitting his head on concrete still hurt.

After all this, he slumped down in a chair and actually began to pray.

The_Punisher_talking_with_god_by_BiLLManz.jpg

Not to God, though.

"Maria..." He began, sighing shakily. "I know I stopped 'talking' to you a long time ago," The last time he'd done this was just a year after her death. "Something's happened, though. I met a wonderful little girl. She was just like Lisa; she was sweet and caring and selfless... Remember how Lisa used to write me those love-letters? Talking about how she wanted to marry me one day? I could've seen her doing stuff like that, if she had someone in her life that close. Then I watched her grow up. She changed, but in a good way. In the best way. I... she's exactly what I hoped Lisa would be one day."

Frank wiped one of his eyes with his sleeve before continuing. "I don't know what it's like up there. If you are even there, you probably hate me for what I've done. I don't even know if you can hear me, but... I love you. I still go to your graves every year, and I always will." He stood, finished, before shrugging his coat on and going to see what the plan was. Killing a demon would be hard, but, in the end, Frank knew he would be going to Hell sometime anyways.

~The End~

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Atomyk
Epilogue

He did not care for the organisations goals, nor about this supposed threat, the only thing he wished for was to return to his world where his dreams were soon going to come to fruition. Back to the train from where he had been taken, and back to deal with those meddlesome miscreants trying to stop him. Funny gave a courteous smile to whatever nameless soldier granted his wish. And his world went white...

FV1_zps1a9639f7.png

Funny gasped for air but only dirt filled his mouth. What was happening?! Every fiber in his being felt like it was spinning, rotating, deeper and deeper.

FV2_zpsfc4cdf76.png

He needed to escape.

Again and again as he his mind moved from one Valentine to the next the same thing happened. Before finally he would be shot down by his foe his dream unfulfilled. In his last moments before death he wondered if this was only a cruel jape, that he would let his country soar to new heights. Sadly the President of the United States of Valentine passed away on January 18, 1891.

However despite disappearing from the public eye at the end of the Steel Ball Run...his approval ratings rose in places to 91%.

~The End~

Reactions: Raven
Ed smiled widely while standing up straight again, his hands on her hips. "Does it matter, River? We both know what our hearts desire, and a man married to a lady such as yourself should not leave her side for anything. I'd wager he doesn't even remember getting married to you" he said. Of course he couldn't know for sure anymore, but judging by what River told him about the Doctor, he wasn't around much, and Ed felt like she deserved better. "The only thing that matters in the end is your happiness. Follow your heart." Even though he said it, he was hoping that her her heart would lead her to him, not to the other man.

@Joellie

River rubbed her eyes, making them a bit red. While Edward spoke again, she took a few quick breaths to try and compose herself. She had managed to stop the tears, but still felt embarrassed as hell that she had ever let them out in the first place. After the overwhelming shock from Ed's proposal was over, she manage to go back to her usual expression. But even so, her heart was fluttering inside her chest.

"I'll always care for The Doctor and be protective over his life no matter what he's done to me. But I can walk away from him. I do it every time I see him. And yet, I try to walk away from you and it hurts like hell. If attempting to leave you only once hurts more than the hundreds of times I've actually left him, then I think my heart is trying to tell me something."

River smiled softly, not budging an inch from his hands on her hips. "I lo-- care deeply for you."

She was bad at saying the "L" word. :) It came from being raised as an orphan with nobody around to say it to her and having an awkward husband who never said it.

"If you desire me as much as I desire you, then yes, I'd be overjoyed to marry you and stay at your side. As I said, you are the only companion I've ever hoped would stay with me. Let's go through with it." She paused for a moment. "Only if you're sure that's what you want..."

In other words, now was his last chance to get out of it or admit it was a joke. River simply wanted another word of reassurance that, well, this was real. Things like this never really happened to her.

Jennifer - Coalition HQ - Ruby/Yang/Pretty Boy/Natsu

You all find yourselves in the Canteen eventually, where thankfully not a plate of spaghetti exists in sight. Jennifer walks in with a quite large cylinder container. She drops it on the table, a few men and women following her. "Prepare to be treated, guys." She opens the container to reveal not just the orange juice ice cream, but many different kinds of flavors. Hot fudge is brought in-- sprinkles, caramel, and cinnamon too. "Don't forget the whipped cream," Jennifer says, dropping a large bottle down on the container as well. "Go wild!"

@york @ItsToppyTippers @DapperDogman @MrDubWubs
chibi_ruby_rose__with_background__by_rmage76-d6w19nm.png
Ruby looked really really excited, she might even be tearing up a bit as she looked around, her mouth watering at the sight of all the ice-cream... She was fairly certain it tasted even better than cookies which she loved with all her life. Rushing around, looking around at all the food available to her, it looked like she had just stepped right into her own personal paradise, starting to zip around here and there using her semblance, a handy trait for her as she scrambled to acquire as much icec-ream as she could carry before eventually rushing over to take a seat, beckoning Yang and any others who had followed her over as she started to dig in. "Thank you Jennifer!" She called out right before she started to eat, thankfully remembering her manners.
@Atomyk @ItsToppyTippers @MrDubWubs @DapperDogman @Anyone else who followed Ruby​

• Love
Reactions: BarrenThin
@Joellie

River rubbed her eyes, making them a bit red. While Edward spoke again, she took a few quick breaths to try and compose herself. She had managed to stop the tears, but still felt embarrassed as hell that she had ever let them out in the first place. After the overwhelming shock from Ed's proposal was over, she manage to go back to her usual expression. But even so, her heart was fluttering inside her chest.

"I'll always care for The Doctor and be protective over his life no matter what he's done to me. But I can walk away from him. I do it every time I see him. And yet, I try to walk away from you and it hurts like hell. If attempting to leave you only once hurts more than the hundreds of times I've actually left him, then I think my heart is trying to tell me something."

River smiled softly, not budging an inch from his hands on her hips. "I lo-- care deeply for you."

She was bad at saying the "L" word. :) It came from being raised as an orphan with nobody around to say it to her and having an awkward husband who never said it.

"If you desire me as much as I desire you, then yes, I'd be overjoyed to marry you and stay at your side. As I said, you are the only companion I've ever hoped would stay with me. Let's go through with it." She paused for a moment. "Only if you're sure that's what you want..."

In other words, now was his last chance to get out of it or admit it was a joke. River simply wanted another word of reassurance that, well, this was real. Things like this never really happened to her.

Edward's smile just wouldn't leave, it had been a long time since he'd actually felt happy like this. This kind of happiness was very unique, and he wanted to keep that feeling for as long as he could. He gave the woman another short kiss on the lips. "Never have I been more sure of anything in my life. What man would require riches, plunder and gold when the world's greatest treasure can be found in his arms?" he joked.

"I'm sure you won't mind bringing little Jennifer along for a few journeys though, aye? Can't exactly leave the poor lass alone all the time. But don't worry, we could still have our... private time whenever we'd like." Edward suggested with a smirk. He felt a little bit awkward asking River to bring a little girl with them, but he wouldn't want to be a bad father and leave her alone at home the entire time while he was off with his wife.

"Speaking of my daughter..." he said, still not moving away from River. "Perhaps you'd like to be there with me when I meet her. I'm positive she'd love you, as long as you keep your shoes on your feet, not her head" he joked. "In fact, we could go right this moment... We could consider it our very first trip together."

Pretty Boy chuckles and takes up a bowl, looking over the selection he narrows his eyes a little, he didn't really know what to pick
He got some mint choc chip, because it looked good, and he took a seat next to Ruby with a smile "So, Ruby...you're er...hungry I see" he says, looking at the mountain of ice cream in front of the young girl "That's er...quite the selection" he says in pure wonderment

Such a little girl could eat so much food!

@york
@ItsToppyTippers

Roxas stares at you for a moment, before sighing. "No, I won't technically be with you. It's just a means of communicating with us. I'm sorry, Axel."

Leia frowns. "I'm sorry, too. I tried really hard to talk them into it, but it took a lot of talking just to get them out of the simulation."

@Ryu Keiko
Axel nodded as he looked at her and then Roxas, smiling. "Well thanks for this anyway." He whispered. "I guess I should stop being greedy~" he laughed and rubbed the back of his head.

@Atomyk

Edward's smile just wouldn't leave, it had been a long time since he'd actually felt happy like this. This kind of happiness was very unique, and he wanted to keep that feeling for as long as he could. He gave the woman another short kiss on the lips. "Never have I been more sure of anything in my life. What man would require riches, plunder and gold when the world's greatest treasure can be found in his arms?" he joked.

"I'm sure you won't mind bringing little Jennifer along for a few journeys though, aye? Can't exactly leave the poor lass alone all the time. But don't worry, we could still have our... private time whenever we'd like." Edward suggested with a smirk. He felt a little bit awkward asking River to bring a little girl with them, but he wouldn't want to be a bad father and leave her alone at home the entire time while he was off with his wife.

"Speaking of my daughter..." he said, still not moving away from River. "Perhaps you'd like to be there with me when I meet her. I'm positive she'd love you, as long as you keep your shoes on your feet, not her head" he joked. "In fact, we could go right this moment... We could consider it our very first trip together."
@Joellie

Hearing what Edward said next was all the reassurance River needed to hear. His words set her free. Suddenly, she was feeling good again. In fact, she was feeling much better than just good. River felt happy! She was so happy that it made her certain she hadn't felt this way in a long, long time. She wrapped her arms around him and kissed him back. And when she pulled away, River couldn't help but have a big smile on her face either. "Oh, you flatter me, Kenway. I'm not the world's greatest treasure. I'm the greatest treasure in all of time and space," she teased in return, winking at him.

"And yes, of course your daughter can come. Don't look at me like that's a yes or no question, because there's no way I'd say no. I've never met your daughter, but I'm certain I'd like her. She's a part of you and, well, I think we both know by now how I feel about you. I wouldn't have said yes to a marriage proposal if my feelings toward you were bad," River replied. She didn't want Edward to think that his daughter made any of this awkward. In fact, it made things even better. "Besides, I'd be a pretty poor step-mother to tell the girl she couldn't come with us once in a while, right?" She hadn't realized it until she said it out loud, but if she married Edward, that would make Jennifer her step-daughter. The idea brought her another thrill. It was still her secret dream to have a child.

"Of course," River replied when Edward suggested their first trip together be to meet his daughter. "I think it's only fair the guest of honor gets to choose the first travel destination. However, I'd be delighted if I would get to pick second. If you truly intend to outshine The Doctor, I'd love to go on a honeymoon. That man never did anything like that for me." River began to tap a few buttons on her vortex manipulator to warm it up. Edward seemed eager to visit with his daughter, so she figured they could leave in a moment or two if he was ready to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.