Murder Game IV: Monokuma Rising

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wuya gave a grin. "I'm sure traveling won't be much trouble once I go back and explain some things to someone." She stated. "After that I should easily be able to preform any spells which will allow me teleportation. So yes we will stay in touch. I just will need a little help getting back the first time. The next group I believe I can manage." She said creating a plan to convince Chase on why she needed full access to her strengths, spells, and all her powers for that matter. how she would do this simple Wuya had her ways.
"Then we'll get you started right away. Your ID, a few tools for the road-- Then you'll leave along with the others who wish to go back to their home worlds." He holds out his hand to shake yours.

@Raven

Wuya nodded. She took the ID once more. Looked at it quickly for a moment then put it away where she keep her Mirror and other Wu. She then held out her hand and shook the man's. "Thank you." She said for once she was actually being well nice. Obviously she had changed some after the simulation. She then went to wait with the others who would head home for she planed on watching someone else leave first to see how it well worked for she was still new to any technology.

@Atomyk @Others

Wuya nodded. She took the ID once more. Looked at it quickly for a moment then put it away where she keep her Mirror and other Wu. She then held out her hand and shook the man's. "Thank you." She said for once she was actually being well nice. Obviously she had changed some after the simulation. She then went to wait with the others who would head home for she planed on watching someone else leave first to see how it well worked for she was still new to any technology.
It doesn't take long to set you up and give a few souvenirs. You and the others who want to go home, whomever they may be, are taken to a large room that appears to look out into space. A catwalk extends out into the darkness, where a small blue sphere exists. Men and women touch at the controls you aren't familiar with, the blue sphere growing in size and ferocity. Soon it appears as a swirling mass of blues, like looking at a typhoon from above. You seem to be expected to step inside. First up is no one from your group, but a tall and well built man with striking auburn hair, likely a member of the Coalition. He walks across the catwalk, waving goodbye to one of the scientists, before stepping into that swirl of blue. After he's gone, a few adjustments are made and you see the portal change in ferocity and color slightly.

You're up next, Jack and Wuya.

@Raven

"Then Exalt Chrom will hear news of your cause and be ready to send aid soon. Even if I have to bribe or remove a few nobles to have the plan be passed, you should expect the Shepherds' assistance in your war," Robin explained before looking around, "I guess this is it for now then?"

@Atomyk @Raven @Gummi Bunnies

Jennifer - Coalition HQ - Ruby

Jennifer nods. "Then you find Yang and I'll talk to some people to get working on the ice cream." It almost felt like a mission, but it was only ice cream, after all. Jennifer pauses before she leaves. "And, you know, we should grab whoever else wants to join too."

@york
Ruby nodded, smiling a little "Thank you! I'll be right back when I find Yang!" she said, starting to walk off "Yaaaang? Yaaang! Where are you?" she called as she walked down the halls, she wasn't sure if anyone else would like to join them, but she'd see to that after she found her sister.
@ItsToppyTippers

It doesn't take long to set you up and give a few souvenirs. You and the others who want to go home, whomever they may be, are taken to a large room that appears to look out into space. A catwalk extends out into the darkness, where a small blue sphere exists. Men and women touch at the controls you aren't familiar with, the blue sphere growing in size and ferocity. Soon it appears as a swirling mass of blues, like looking at a typhoon from above. You seem to be expected to step inside. First up is no one from your group, but a tall and well built man with striking auburn hair, likely a member of the Coalition. He walks across the catwalk, waving goodbye to one of the scientists, before stepping into that swirl of blue. After he's gone, a few adjustments are made and you see the portal change in ferocity and color slightly.

You're up next, Jack and Wuya.

@Raven
Wuya
The Return
Wuya saw Jack for only a second for he had gone first and what happened to him she did not know. She went second. Wuya did just as she watched the man before except no wave for she didn't feel she had anyone to say good bye to but she turned to look anyways. "Good bye Robin may we meet again soon." She said then turned back. She would see Robin again she was sure and so she simply got ready for the transportation. Finally she saw the color as a darker blue. When she saw her surroundings next she gave a sigh. She saw Chase Young before her. "Chase we need to talk." She said flatly. "Ah yes Wuya. What is this about now?" Wuya walked over to him as she usually did when she wanted something and placed her hands on his shoulders. "Chase there is a war." Chase raised a brow. "Wuya have you just now realized this?" Wuya looked into Chase's eyes. "Not that war. Not the war between the Heylin and Xiaolin for many centuries. No I mean another." At this Chase stood. "Wuya" Wuya stopped him with a hand. "Chase listen. I know you don't care for the Wu. Nor me and my desires." Chase looked at Wuya. "Go on" He said. Wuya continued "There is a war with a demon. His name is Akihabara. He plans to destroy many worlds in order to I believe rule them all." Wuya paused to see if Chase had anything to say. Chase keep quiet as she spoke and so she continued. "I need all of my powers and abilities to help stop him. I know it is not our ways but we have been allies with the Xiaolin sides before in order to keep a world to rule. Once more we must do this." Chase finally knew what to say. "Wuya if this is true then we must work together and speak with the Xiaolin monks at the Xiaolin Temple. What is your prof?" Wuya was ready for this which was why she was glad for the souvenirs and the ID device. She took out the ID device and pulled up the profile on Akibahara. "This is my prof." Chase looked and knew Jack did not create this device. He then nodded. "Wuya I believe you. But why must I give you your powers?" Wuya then gave Chase a challenging look. "If you do not I can not help our cause for survival. We will die." Chase looked at Wuya for a long time finally he seemed convinced. "Fine Wuya hand me the mirror." Wuya nodded and handed Chase the mirror out of the trust she had grow for him. Which might not be a wise idea but Chase usually was a man of his word. He held out the mirror toward Wuya. "Reversing Mirror" he said. Wuya did not change back but she did feel a power unlock within her. A smile grew on her face. "Thank you" She said which made Chase look at her like someone had died. "Don't mention it. Now after this you can not use your powers to force me to do any of your will or I will be the one to lock you back up as a ghost till the next fool finds you." Wuya nodded in agreement and then took back her mirror. "You must be the one to speak with the monks. You know how Dojo and master Fung feel about me." Chase nodded. "Yes Wuya I do. Now if you would please leave. You have everything you wanted so take your Wu and go." Wuya sighed. She traced her hands on Chase's shoulders then she stopped herself. She gave a sigh and left. 'He doesn't like me. Why bother. Wuya don't force yourself get your mind off of such things and work on the task at hand.' With that thought she left taking the Wu she had gathered on her own and went to create her own lair. Which she would set up to keep in touch with those back at the head quarters to fight Akibahara.

hqdefault.jpg

@Everyone​

Right as River turned around to walk away, Edward grabbed her arm to stop her. She turned her around once, wrapping an arm around her waist and pulling her into himself, following it up with a long and lasting kiss. After a few seconds, he gently pulled back his head and smiled widely at her. "For such a witty lass, you're fooled much too easily, miss Song~" He said, grinning.

"Oh you must be so confused... Don't worry, I haven't a clue what happened either. The Doctor's memories are inside me still, it seems, but I feel no aching in my head as I did before... Perhaps the electromagnetic waves were somehow interfering with the tiny paradox inside my head, or maybe..." He stopped talking for a second. "... What was I just talking about? I don't..." He paused again. What was actually happening was sort of simple, but didn't seem to make much sense. But for the sake of this roleplay, let's just go with it.

After Ed woke up from the simulation, the Doctor's memories were still lingering inside his mind, since the connection from the physical to the virtual world was made in his mind. But because the Doctor's knowledge was so immensely large, Ed's mind had to take a few minutes to adjust and go back to its original self.

... Does anyone get this?

@Joellie

At first, when Edward kissed her, River still didn't know what was going on. She figured it was a goodbye kiss. Maybe? She kissed him back, but reluctantly. She almost didn't want to touch him right now knowing it would be the last time she ever did. The kiss felt bitter and painful for River to even get through. Her eyes even teared up slightly, but she closed them to avoid the flow of tears. She wanted it to be over...

When Edward pulled away, a blank expression crossed River's face. She was confused for a second. Edward was talking like himself again. What? She had to think for a moment before she realized that his mind was slowly dumping the false memories. He really was okay after all. However, River was slightly pissed off. Instead of telling her from the start that he was okay, he thought he would use his lingering memories to trick her. It was so like him, but she was still pissed. How could he take it this far and play with her emotions like that?! With a scowl, River lifted up a hand and slapped him across the face.

"Go to hell you bloody jerk! How could you go and toy with my emotions like that?! I was really worried about you! Ugggh! God! Sometimes I swear I just... hate you! All the things I do for you and you pay me back by making me worried sick! Just look at what I did in the virtual world: I did all that research to try and fix your mind, built those machines for your arse, and oh yeah, I ran into a flippin' fire to save those machines from being destroyed! And do I even get a single word of thanks? Noooo~ I get some rubbish joke pulled on me. Well it wasn't funny!"

Yikes! River sure seemed to explode in a lot of firey anger. And yet, while she ranted her cheeks were red. Perhaps she was actually more embarrassed she had fallen for his trick and was simply covering it up with a bunch of false anger. Sure, she was a bit mad, but not as angry as she had let on. She was a swirling river of emotions. ;)

After ranting for a while, River abruptly cut herself off and wrapped Ed in a tight hug. "D-Don't ever do that to me again, idiot," she said, her voice sounding more vulnerable now. She pulled back slightly after a moment and kissed him, putting more feeling into it this time--all of the feeling she had in her whirlwind of emotions.

Awwwwwww~ How cute-- *gets shot by River*

"I-I still need to check you over just to be sure," she mumbled shortly after kissing him. "We need to talk anyhow. You should have a seat..."

Last edited by a moderator:
@Joellie

At first, when Edward kissed her, River still didn't know what was going on. She figured it was a goodbye kiss. Maybe? She kissed him back, but reluctantly. She almost didn't want to touch him right now knowing it would be the last time she ever did. The kiss felt bitter and painful for River to even get through. Her eyes even teared up slightly, but she closed them to avoid the flow of tears. She wanted it to be over...

When Edward pulled away, a blank expression crossed River's face. She was confused for a second. Edward was talking like himself again. What? She had to think for a moment before she realized that his mind was slowly dumping the false memories. He really was okay after all. However, River was slightly pissed off. Instead of telling her from the start that he was okay, he thought he would use his lingering memories to trick her. It was so like him, but still was still pissed. How could he take it this far and play with her emotions like that?! With a scowl, River lifted up a hand and slapped him across the face.

"Go to hell you bloody jerk! How could you go and toy with my emotions like that?! I was really worried about you! Ugggh! God! Sometimes I swear I just... hate you! All the things I do for you and you pay me back by making me worried sick! Just look at what I did in the virtual world: I did all that research to try and fix your mind, built those machines for your arse, and oh yeah, I ran into a flippin' fire to save those machines from being destroyed! And do I even get a single word of thanks? Noooo~ I get some rubbish joke pulled on me. Well it wasn't funny!"

Yikes! River sure seemed to explode in a lot of firey anger. And yet, while she ranted her cheeks were red. Perhaps she was actually more embarrassed she had fallen for his trick and was simply covering it up with a bunch of false anger. Sure, she was a bit mad, but not as angry as she had let on. She was a swirling river of emotions. ;)

After ranting for a while, River abruptly cut herself off and wrapped Ed in a tight hug. "D-Don't ever do that to me again, idiot," she said, her voice sounding more vulnerable now. She pulled back slightly after a moment and kissed him, putting more feeling into it this time--all of the feeling she had in her whirlwind of emotions.

Awwwwwww~ How cute-- *gets shot by River*

"I-I still need to check you over just to be sure," she mumbled shortly after kissing him. "We need to talk anyhow. You should have a seat..."
When River started yelling like crazy, Edward felt like it would be necessary to step back a little. Who knew what an angry River would be capable of. He wanted to talk to her to try and calm her down, but the fearsome, ruthless pirate was too afraid to come close to this woman. But fortunately for him, River hugged him afterward. he realized that maybe this little prank might have been a little inappropriate. He hugged her back, rubbing her back until finally she kissed him, which he returned gladly.

"Aye, I suppose it was a bit uncalled for, I apologize." he said after. "I don't want another shoe to the head, virtual or real." He gave her a small cheeky grin. "Of course, lass." he replied when River told him she still wanted to check him. "What's on your mind?"

When River started yelling like crazy, Edward felt like it would be necessary to step back a little. Who knew what an angry River would be capable of. He wanted to talk to her to try and calm her down, but the fearsome, ruthless pirate was too afraid to come close to this woman. But fortunately for him, River hugged him afterward. he realized that maybe this little prank might have been a little inappropriate. He hugged her back, rubbing her back until finally she kissed him, which he returned gladly.

"Aye, I suppose it was a bit uncalled for, I apologize." he said after. "I don't want another shoe to the head, virtual or real." He gave her a small cheeky grin. "Of course, lass." he replied when River told him she still wanted to check him. "What's on your mind?"
@Joellie

River stepped back and put her hands on her hips. "We'll see about that. I always have shoes to spare if you make me too angry," she replied. River made sure that Ed sat down before she pulled out her screwdriver to examine his head. She flashed the screwdriver along the sides of his face and also a couple times in his eyes. She didn't have to flash it in his eyes, but it made for decent payback after he pulled that trick on her. "Blimey, your head really is all better. Good news," she said. Now that Edward was better, all of her goals were accomplished. River could get back to doing what she liked to do best: exploring more of time and space.

"I just thought I'd ask what you intend to do next. You see, this coalition we're staying at intends to put together an army. I doubt that's what you'll choose to do next, but its an option. Then there are two other options. I can take you home, back to your own time period. You can go back to pirating and whatever the hell else you were doing. And then there's the last option..."

River offered her hand to Edward.

"You can come with me, see all of time and space, set foot on foreign worlds, and see things you'd only picture in your wildest dreams. I've never taken a traveling companion with me--or even asked someone to come along--but I've never met someone like you before. So this is me officially offering. Oh, and if you turn me down to make me all disappointed and then tell me you were just kidding the shoe will come off," she threatened.

Pretty Boy didn't much care for the specifics at this point, he had something much bigger he had to to

Teleporting to be a short distance behind Yang he coughed and fixed his clothes, tapping her on the shoulder and waiting for her to turn around "I-I er...have been meaning to ask for a while...Er Yang...W-Would you er...maybe...wanna go on a...date...some time" he stutters shyy "With me...I mean...ya know...a date...some time...with me...and you...ya know...like...y-you come on a..a date with me...some time"

His whole face bloomed red as he tripped over his words nervously, unused to these kinds of things

'Ugh...I can't even manage a single damn sentence? What on earth is going on with me right now!?'

@ItsToppyTippers
Yang smiled wide and her face was a bright red. Sure the blonde had been asked out a couple of times, but she never really accepted. The situation at the time was different though. Even if Pretty Boy had killed someone just to avenge her and she was against it, he had done a lot for her when she needed it the most.

'CUUUUTE~'

"Sure! As long as it's at some place fun," she responded with a playful wink.
Ruby nodded, smiling a little "Thank you! I'll be right back when I find Yang!" she said, starting to walk off "Yaaaang? Yaaang! Where are you?" she called as she walked down the halls, she wasn't sure if anyone else would like to join them, but she'd see to that after she found her sister.
@ItsToppyTippers
Soon, she heard her baby sister's voice coming from the halls of the area. Turning her head to the source, she exclaimed, "I'm over here, Ruubyy!"

Pretty Boy smiles wildly as his cheeks flare up bright red, and he nods quickly "I'll...think of something" he says with a chuckle "Maybe we can go and fight a hive of Grimm..." he says with a smirk, looking to where Ruby's voice had come from, how would she react to this news?

"Oh...yeah...I er, guess I will be coming to study at Beacon after all" he says with a smile "I can't wait to meet everyone!"

@ItsToppyTippers

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Yang smiled wide and her face was a bright red. Sure the blonde had been asked out a couple of times, but she never really accepted. The situation at the time was different though. Even if Pretty Boy had killed someone just to avenge her and she was against it, he had done a lot for her when she needed it the most.

'CUUUUTE~'

"Sure! As long as it's at some place fun," she responded with a playful wink.

Soon, she heard her baby sister's voice coming from the halls of the area. Turning her head to the source, she exclaimed, "I'm over here, Ruubyy!"
Ruby_happy.jpg
"Yang!" Ruby called out in a blink of an eye and a trail of red petals, she was suddenly right next to Yang, smiling brightly "Jennifer wants us to join her for some Orange Juice ice-cream!" she said, she seemed very excited at the moment. "If anyone else wants to join... Jennifer tells me to bring them along as well!" She added, looking over at "PrettyBoy" for a moment, she was talking really fast, this was how she usually behaved when she was worked up about something, especially around her older sister, she was practically bouncing up and down on her feet as she stood there, next to her older sister.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
(whew, I go to work, and come home to this - good reading, tho')

Poirot wakes up on the hard, uncomfortable bed in which he had been attached to the machine. Befuddled, he allows the techs to help him up and out to another chair. It took a bit of quiet, and a couple of cups of tea -five lumps of sugar, if you please - before he had everything sorted out properly.

Listening to everything that went on in the headquarters, Poirot finally made up his mind. Finding Makoto, the elderly detective gives the young general a slight bow. "Monsieur, I have given your offer a great deal of thought. While I agree in the fight against this evil, for which I did agree to this challenge, I am an old man. My little grey cells are sharp enough, but I feel that you are in need of a more energetic man, one whose mind is more than equaled by his brawn.

Poirot fishes a small card, slightly stained with a brown, sticky liquid which the detective instinctively wrinkles up his nose at, and gives it to Makoto. "He is an American, for which I apologize, but I believe he is more of what you and your people need at this point." He wipes his fingers off on a handkerchief after the card is taken from him. "As for myself, I wish to go back to my familiar Whitehavens and the cases waiting for me." He smiles at Makoto, gently. "If you have need of a detective, for the little grey cells, you may find me there - as long as I can stay at home."

The card reads:

Guy Noir
12th floor
Acme Building
Minnesota

@Atomyk

• Thank You
Reactions: Atomyk
Poirot fishes a small card, slightly stained with a brown, sticky liquid which the detective instinctively wrinkles up his nose at, and gives it to Makoto. "He is an American, for which I apologize, but I believe he is more of what you and your people need at this point." He wipes his fingers off on a handkerchief after the card is taken from him. "As for myself, I wish to go back to my familiar Whitehavens and the cases waiting for me." He smiles at Makoto, gently. "If you have need of a detective, for the little grey cells, you may find me there - as long as I can stay at home."

The card reads:

Guy Noir
12th floor
Acme Building
Minnesota
The boy squints at the card, before smiling. "We'll keep him in mind." He then pockets the card. "But you should know, the fight isn't all about actually being able to fight." Makoto shyly gestures to himself, feeling particularly embarrassed about his stature. "I'm not much for getting physical myself. It's your choice, of course, but we'd like to keep in contact with you, at least."

@Iowan Corn

The boy squints at the card, before smiling. "We'll keep him in mind." He then pockets the card. "But you should know, the fight isn't all about actually being able to fight." Makoto shyly gestures to himself, feeling particularly embarrassed about his stature. "I'm not much for getting physical myself. It's your choice, of course, but we'd like to keep in contact with you, at least."

@Iowan Corn
Poirot nods. "Of course. I will be happy to help. As long as it doesn't not require me to run about, as it has this last time." He waves a hand, expecting a contradiction. "Yes, I was lying down within a machine for three days, but still, the running about, the mel de mer, even the little grey cells are tired from such."

He shrugs. "To send me a letter from time to time, I will not mind. Let the American run about."

@Atomyk

Poirot nods. "Of course. I will be happy to help. As long as it doesn't not require me to run about, as it has this last time." He waves a hand, expecting a contradiction. "Yes, I was lying down within a machine for three days, but still, the running about, the mel de mer, even the little grey cells are tired from such."

He shrugs. "To send me a letter from time to time, I will not mind. Let the American run about."
Nodding, Makoto holds out a hand. "Then... until next time, sir."

@Iowan Corn

@Joellie

River stepped back and put her hands on her hips. "We'll see about that. I always have shoes to spare if you make me too angry," she replied. River made sure that Ed sat down before she pulled out her screwdriver to examine his head. She flashed the screwdriver along the sides of his face and also a couple times in his eyes. She didn't have to flash it in his eyes, but it made for decent payback after he pulled that trick on her. "Blimey, your head really is all better. Good news," she said. Now that Edward was better, all of her goals were accomplished. River could get back to doing what she liked to do best: exploring more of time and space.

"I just thought I'd ask what you intend to do next. You see, this coalition we're staying at intends to put together an army. I doubt that's what you'll choose to do next, but its an option. Then there are two other options. I can take you home, back to your own time period. You can go back to pirating and whatever the hell else you were doing. And then there's the last option..."

River offered her hand to Edward.

"You can come with me, see all of time and space, set foot on foreign worlds, and see things you'd only picture in your wildest dreams. I've never taken a traveling companion with me--or even asked someone to come along--but I've never met someone like you before. So this is me officially offering. Oh, and if you turn me down to make me all disappointed and then tell me you were just kidding the shoe will come off," she threatened.
After River presented Edward with two options, he sighed and looked her in the eyes, taking her hands in his own. "Miss Song..." he said softly. Judging by his tone, nothing good was going to come now. "Travelling with you sounds like a truly wonderful experience, not only because of the things we'd see... But you as well are unlike anyone I've met in my life, aye, and I thank the Gods for bringing you into my life. But..." There it was. The but.

"Now that I can see, or rather, remember what your Doctor has seen and experienced... It's no life for me. These legs were made to stand on a ship's planks, moving back and forth with the waves of the open sea... I have duties, responsibilities back in the West Indies and in my birthplace of Bristol, I... I still have my daughter." He explained. Ed didn't look too happy about refusing River's offer, but he couldn't deny that he longed to be on his ship once again, and to finally meet his daughter.

"I fear this would be our goodbye then, miss Song."

After River presented Edward with two options, he sighed and looked her in the eyes, taking her hands in his own. "Miss Song..." he said softly. Judging by his tone, nothing good was going to come now. "Travelling with you sounds like a truly wonderful experience, not only because of the things we'd see... But you as well are unlike anyone I've met in my life, aye, and I thank the Gods for bringing you into my life. But..." There it was. The but.

"Now that I can see, or rather, remember what your Doctor has seen and experienced... It's no life for me. These legs were made to stand on a ship's planks, moving back and forth with the waves of the open sea... I have duties, responsibilities back in the West Indies and in my birthplace of Bristol, I... I still have my daughter." He explained. Ed didn't look too happy about refusing River's offer, but he couldn't deny that he longed to be on his ship once again, and to finally meet his daughter.

"I fear this would be our goodbye then, miss Song."
@Joellie

River tucked a lock of her blonde hair behind an ear and remained expressionless for time before smiling lightly. "I had a feeling that's what you would say. Which is why I asked before just simply kidnapping you. I suppose I won't beg you or try to change your mind if that's what you really want. You're a free spirit and love your home, I can't blame you for that," she said with a shaky chuckle. She then tugged her hands away from his, almost a bit too rough. "And if I had a child, I'd certainly feel the same way. But I don't have anyone, so of course it's back on the road for me. This probably will be goodbye."

Though River laughed and looked just fine, her outside appearance didn't reflect how she felt on the inside. Picture a balloon full of water as River's heart. Picture a needle as Edward's words. What happens when the two collide? The balloon is damaged with a hole leaking water all over the floor. River could feel her heart groan painfully in her chest. And her thoughts only made it worse. Ugh, why did she need to have a mind like The Doctor's that always thought of such painful things? Her thoughts were this: without The Doctor's memories anymore, Edward found it easy to pull away from her. It was only ever The Doctor's care for her that kept him coming back to her, never his own. Ouch. If River had only one hole in her heart balloon after Edward's words, she had four or five more after listening to her own thoughts.

She stunned her own self into silence and awkwardly stared at Edward for a moment, before realizing what she was doing. She looked away. "W-Well go ahead and get ready," River said quickly, leading into a distraught ramble. "I'll take you home shortly. I'll warm up the 'ol vortex manipulator. West Indies, was it? Got it. I bet it's lovely there. Never been there personally. I need to go... um... take care of an... um... thing. I'll be back post haste," she said, so fast she could barely be understood before whirling around toward the door again. Her body language carried an almost subtle desperation to get out of the room. She felt like she was close to an emotional breakdown and needed to quickly get it under control before she did the most embarrassing thing she could possibly think of: fall apart in front of someone.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Joellie

River tucked a lock of her blonde hair behind an ear and remained expressionless for time before smiling lightly. "I had a feeling that's what you would say. Which is why I asked before just simply kidnapping you. I suppose I won't beg you or try to change your mind if that's what you really want. You're a free spirit and love your home, I can't blame you for that," she said with a shaky chuckle. She then tugged her hands away from his, almost a bit too rough. "And if I had a child, I'd certainly feel the same way. But I don't have anyone, so of course it's back on the road for me. This probably will be goodbye."

Though River laughed and looked just fine, her outside appearance didn't reflect how she felt on the inside. Picture a balloon full of water as River's heart. Picture a needle as Edward's words. What happens when the two collide? The balloon is damaged with a hole leaking water all over the floor. River could feel her heart groan painfully in her chest. And her thoughts only made it worse. Ugh, why did she need to have a mind like The Doctor's that always thought of such painful things? Her thoughts were this: without The Doctor's memories anymore, Edward found it easy to pull away from her. It was only ever The Doctor's care for her that kept him coming back to her, never his own. Ouch. If River had only one hole in her heart balloon after Edward's words, she had four or five more after listening to her own thoughts.

She stunned her own self into silence and awkwardly stared at Edward for a moment, before realizing what she was doing. She looked away. "W-Well go ahead and get ready," River said quickly, leading into a distraught ramble. "I'll take you home shortly. I'll warm up the 'ol vortex manipulator. West Indies, was it? Got it. I bet it's lovely there. Never been there personally. I need to go... um... take care of an... um... thing. I'll be back post haste," she said, so fast she could barely be understood before whirling around toward the door again. Her body language carried an almost subtle desperation to get out of the room. She felt like she was close to an emotional breakdown and needed to quickly get it under control before she did the most embarrassing thing she could possibly think of: fall apart in front of someone.
Edward, noticing River's behavior changing a little bit, frowned a little. He knew she wasn't going to take it well, but he had a child to take care of, and couldn't simply abandon his duties. "River, I'm truly sorry... I would gladly join you if it weren't for Jennifer, I truly would. But she's my daughter and my responsibility, and it would be much too dangerous to bring her on journeys through time..."

When she tried to walk away, Edward grabbed her arm again, slowly walked up and hugged her from behind. "... You're more than welcome to visit any time you'd like, River Song." He said softly. "I'm sure Jenny would love you." He then let go of the woman and let her walk a few steps. But the feeling of guilt and sadness was too big for him to handle. "... Perhaps, once I'm home and I've met her... You could take us with you? Just one trip." He said, but if River would look at him, his eyes would say enough. He didn't want only one trip with River Song the time traveler. If possible, he would be on trips with her for the rest of his life.

"I'm sure Jenny would love it as well. She'd never be a captain as proper as her father anyway." A smile started to very slowly grow on his face once again. "Only if you'd allow us, of course."

Edward, noticing River's behavior changing a little bit, frowned a little. He knew she wasn't going to take it well, but he had a child to take care of, and couldn't simply abandon his duties. "River, I'm truly sorry... I would gladly join you if it weren't for Jennifer, I truly would. But she's my daughter and my responsibility, and it would be much too dangerous to bring her on journeys through time..."

When she tried to walk away, Edward grabbed her arm again, slowly walked up and hugged her from behind. "... You're more than welcome to visit any time you'd like, River Song." He said softly. "I'm sure Jenny would love you." He then let go of the woman and let her walk a few steps. But the feeling of guilt and sadness was too big for him to handle. "... Perhaps, once I'm home and I've met her... You could take us with you? Just one trip." He said, but if River would look at him, his eyes would say enough. He didn't want only one trip with River Song the time traveler. If possible, he would be on trips with her for the rest of his life.

"I'm sure Jenny would love it as well. She'd never be a captain as proper as her father anyway." A smile started to very slowly grow on his face once again. "Only if you'd allow us, of course."
@Joellie

River couldn't look back at him right away. Not a single word he said eased her. She still felt like her heart was twisting in a million different directions--mostly hurting her. And she felt bad about it too. Edward had great reasons to return home. She couldn't blame him for wanting to see his daughter. But for some reason she couldn't shake feeling sad about it. It would be selfish to talk him out of his duties. However, River felt disappointed knowing she had never gotten a chance to be selfish for her entire life. And, yet again, she was cheated out of a chance.

River lowered her head, shivering slightly when he hugged her from behind. "You don't have to apologize. I just-- I can't visit. I can't take you with me just once. Don't you see? I already have that in my life." River paused.

"We can visit, River. Let's go together for just one trip. Until next we meet, Song. Let's travel together, but not all the time," she said, trying to make her voice sound like The Doctors. "I already have an ageless god for a husband whom I can only see sometimes. You're already saying the same things he says. And the things he does hurt me oh so much. I don't think I can bear the weight of a companion on the side who does the same thing. It's not your fault either. It's mine for thinking I could be allowed more than just a... "sometimes." Perhaps I'm meant to always be alone..."

She finally turned back to look at him. The look in his eyes made her stomach turn uncomfortably. Her hazel eyes actually visibly teared up upon looking at him. She lifted a hand and touched the side of his face. "Blimey, this is hard. Don't look at me like that; with big, stupid, longing eyes," she mumbled. "There's nothing we can fix here. I need to just... take you home..."

If there was nothing to fix, that meant nothing was broken. And yet, why did the idea of dropping him off at home and leaving feel so... wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.