Murder Game IV: Monokuma Rising

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deciding to ask Dlanor a question since she was the one to notice an anomaly before being brought here, Erika inquired to her assistant,"Say, Dlanor, remember when we were in the middle of a logic battle against the Endless Sorcerer and that we were dragged away to this place? You were the first one to notice before both of us had taken a notice of it, can you describe it for me?"

"...I felt an anomaly forming from the Truths that were being put out between you and the Endless Sorcerer, but I am not sure if it is connected to our case on the location," Dlanor answered in great detail, but was not sure if it were the case here... After getting a bit of info from her assistant, Erika returned to thinking to herself, flipping the chessboard to see everything from a different perspective once more theoretically.

"How I got here?" River repeated, thinking over the question for a moment. She quieted down and went into thought for a moment. "I time traveled to come here, but I blacked out before I arrived. Then I remember waking up in one of those dorm rooms. My hands were hot, but my body was as cold as ice." River rattled off the details like the event had happened yesterday. "I also felt weaker," she added. "Could these odd effects on our bodies be clues, perhaps?" she asked.
ZQPkCze.png

"But you're not exactly sure how you get here, right? Hmm..." Monokuma seems about to touch on that more, but instead he says--

"Weaker, hot, and cold... they can indeed be considered clues! I'm not sure how helpful they will be, though."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"Can one imagine pain? Yes, I suppose so, but what if you had... help?"
"Are you suggesting...we're in some kind of machine...we're sleeping..." his mind wanders to a nervegear "And the machine applies pain and feeling as though it were real?"

Deciding to ask Dlanor a question since she was the one to notice an anomaly before being brought here, Erika inquired to her assistant,"Say, Dlanor, remember when we were in the middle of a logic battle against the Endless Sorcerer and that we were dragged away to this place? You were the first one to notice before both of us had taken a notice of it, can you describe it for me?"

"...I felt an anomaly forming from the Truths that were being put out between you and the Endless Sorcerer, but I am not sure if it is connected to our case on the location," Dlanor answered in great detail, but was not sure if it were the case here... After getting a bit of info from her assistant, Erika returned to thinking to herself, flipping the chessboard to see everything from a different perspective once more theoretically.
SOgCdak.png

"On about those truths again, huh? They have been a real source of contention here... Do they work here? Do they not work here? All I know is that the laws you're familiar with may not apply here so readily"

@Gummi Bunnies

"A machine that hooks into the mind? That causes us all to come together in a false world? That just may be ridiculous enough."

"Are you suggesting...we're in some kind of machine...we're sleeping..." his mind wanders to a nervegear "And the machine applies pain and feeling as though it were real?"
roLnfd6.png

"Truly fascinating that would be, wouldn't it? Can you think of something that supports this idea further?"

@The Pimp Tactician
@DapperDogman

7C2nF1r.png

"Well, you are in a game of sorts... A Murder Game! But... that's not exactly what you mean, is it?"

@york
Ruby Rose frowned, she rubbed her head "Maybe this is all our imaginations or... We're in some sort of fabricated world?" she asked, starting to go off on alot of limbs, she was running out of ideas pretty quickly on her own.

SOgCdak.png

"On about those truths again, huh? They have been a real source of contention here... Do they work here? Do they not work here? All I know is that the laws you're familiar with may not apply here so readily"

@Gummi Bunnies
Erika only shot a glare before returning to her 'thinking phase.'

"That may be the case, but this was a recalling of an event when Lady Erika and I felt an anomaly when the Truths were used there," Dlanor clarified on their statements on said event. However, Erika was suddenly reminded of something.

"Hey... since we all died earlier, I felt like those deaths there were like, uninstalling a program. Everything there was being literally erased back there. I think that supports the idea of a machine causing us to experience such things without having to in actuality," Erika recalled their last set of deaths that sent them here in the first place, and then connecting it to the assumption that a machine was creating this rather realistic experience.

Pretty Boy scanned the minds of everyone, trying to find a machine like the one in his ideas...
Desmond was the one to yield an answer
"Desmond, he knows...he's used a machine like that...to become Edward" he says with a wide smile "A machine that put him into the memories of his ancestors...yet he lived for them...in a real, yet artificial world"
"We're in the Animus?" he asks with a raised eyebrow

Ruby Rose frowned, she rubbed her head "Maybe this is all our imaginations or... We're in some sort of fabricated world?" she asked, starting to go off on alot of limbs, she was running out of ideas pretty quickly on her own.
KYEkXqA.png

"You and our resident Pretty Boy seem to be on to similar ideas! Even the detective is warming up to it! As for you being in an Animus specifically, well..." Monokuma makes a buzzer noise.

Jennifer speaks up now, saying, "Ruby, remember that film we saw in the basement? It sound a lot like what you're talking about!"

@york
@DapperDogman
@Gummi Bunnies
@The Pimp Tactician

"No, the Animus was used for accessing memories in our DNA. I can say for certain I never took part in these events before now," Robin shot down PB's suggestion with a frown

roLnfd6.png

"Truly fascinating that would be, wouldn't it? Can you think of something that supports this idea further?"

@The Pimp Tactician
@DapperDogman
"Not that I am well-versed with machines at all, but I observed that after defeating the remaining traitors, you were the subject of a rather interesting glitch," Kotomine spoke up, "You kept replying "Good job, everyone! I'm quite pleased with your performance! Now--" before suddenly stopping and repeating the phrase over and over until... it appeared we were all assimilated. That is not a phenomenon one would usually encounter in the real world, would it?"​

ZQPkCze.png

"But you're not exactly sure how you get here, right? Hmm..." Monokuma seems about to touch on that more, but instead he says--

"Weaker, hot, and cold... they can indeed be considered clues! I'm not sure how helpful they will be, though."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
"No, I have no idea how I got here. For all I know, I was hit over the head and am dreaming all of this up," River replied. But she knew she wasn't dreaming all of this up. Some of the moments in his place felt too real to be dreams created by her own imagination. But, if being hot, cold, and weaker were considered clues River wasn't sure what to think. "I'd say we're in a controlled environment; I agree with Robin," River said. "An environment that can manipulate the way our body feels, a place we cannot escape, and a place that can change on a whim. This environment is either being manipulated by some sort of technology or magic."

River remembered when The Doctor told her stories of a place called Apalapachia. It was a simulated environment for sick people to live in. So it wasn't far-fetched, in her opinion. "When the last group of people were executed," River added, "It was stated they were deleted. Now isn't that odd? Simulated environment sounds very likely..."

KYEkXqA.png

"You and our resident Pretty Boy seem to be on to similar ideas! Even the detective is warming up to it! As for you being in an Animus specifically, well..." Monokuma makes a buzzer noise.

Jennifer speaks up now, saying, "Ruby, remember that film we saw in the basement? It sound a lot like what you're talking about!"

@york
@DapperDogman
@Gummi Bunnies
@The Pimp Tactician
It almost appeared as if a light bulb went off somewhere in her head, she was thinking, "Video... Game... Simulation... We're in a virtual reality game!" she exclaimed, suddenly, she put a hand on her chin as she started to think deeper about this.

"Come now bear...a machine like the Animus, then?" he asks with a slight tired groan "Some...digital world where we're all able to exis-" he stops and looks to Edward

Ed was data, a memory...not a real being

"Are we in a computer?" he asks with a slightly worried voice "Are we all data in a computer?"

This whole time, Ed was just frowning in deep thought. His time lord mind was going over everything he could remember while he was here, but he knew that he would need more than that. He took River's device out of his ear, opened it up, made a few adjustments, placed it back in and turned it on again. Like he had hoped, Ed's memories were now partially mixing up with The Doctor's so that he could remember both his experiences and Edward's.

"... Of course... Yes, yes, yes! I've got it! It's so simple, so obvious! It's been right in front of our eyes this entire time!" It didn't take him too long to figure out, but there was absolutely no other explanation. What he had in mind right now was the answer to all of Monokuma's questions, and if he told the bear that answer, everyone would be free to go.

"Oh you are in for a surprise, you big old bear, because I have found it! The truth, the reason we're all here, the big, dark, mysterious secret surrounding us, clouding our minds, keeping everything hidden from us!"

This was it. At this moment, everyone's suffering in this place would end.

A small grin grew on his face as he walked up to Monokuma.

Then, he just stared at the bear for a while... and passed out.

His body just fell to the ground.

Whoops.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
@Atomyk

"Not that I am well-versed with machines at all, but I observed that after defeating the remaining traitors, you were the subject of a rather interesting glitch," Kotomine spoke up, "You kept replying "Good job, everyone! I'm quite pleased with your performance! Now--" before suddenly stopping and repeating the phrase over and over until... it appeared we were all assimilated. That is not a phenomenon one would usually encounter in the real world, would it?"
roLnfd6.png

"Probably not! Though, who can say for sure? As for me repeating myself, well--

All bears have their ups and downs!"

Monokuma shrugs, before giving Edward a quizzical look. "... Well then, do we like that idea? Are we in agreement that we are all in some kind of virtual reality simulation? Final answer, guys!"

@york
@DapperDogman
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
@Gummi Bunnies
@Verite
@The Pimp Tactician

"Monokuma, something happened to our worlds, right? Something truly catastrophic... And we were put in some kind of prolonged cryostatis, connected to a machine so we could live false lives in here. Am I right on track?" Robin questioned.

Despite not having such technology in her time, this time here had made her at least familiar to grasp the concept.

"It's highly the case that we're all in some simulation. As for the case of the worlds that are so real to us, are those... videos mentioned back at the school building truly the case or was it just a part of this simulation as well?" Erika seemed to really agree with this idea, and then pondered if whole 'virus' that created the undead were actually real or just a part of the simulation experience as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.