Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dark Tower Release Date: January 2017

I will not visit a movie theater until that date! There is nothing in this world, not even Alexander Skarsgard, Johny Depp, and Chris Pratt walking around wearing nothing but a smile will convince me to go to the move theaters before that date!
They better not mess it up. I am preparing an army to riot, just in case. Would you care for a torch and pitchfork? :3
I feel pretty hopeful that it will turn out good, though. It will be exciting to see Oy come to life..eventually.

They better not mess it up. I am preparing an army to riot, just in case. Would you care for a torch and pitchfork? :3
I feel pretty hopeful that it will turn out good, though. It will be exciting to see Oy come to life..eventually.
Don't worry. I'm sharpening my own pitchfork, especially if they cast Javier Bardem as Roland. They were right on the money with Aaron Paul as Eddie though. Oy....they'd better be making plushies! I've already got my Oy tee-shirt. All I need is a plushy and I'll be happy. I'd be interested in seeing who they get to play Jake. I haven't seen many kid actors out that would suit him.

Don't worry. I'm sharpening my own pitchfork, especially if they cast Javier Bardem as Roland. They were right on the money with Aaron Paul as Eddie though. Oy....they'd better be making plushies! I've already got my Oy tee-shirt. All I need is a plushy and I'll be happy. I'd be interested in seeing who they get to play Jake. I haven't seen many kid actors out that would suit him.

I have not paid much attention to actors until I started watching Gotham, but after a quick search of Javier Barden, I must agree with you. Not sure about his acting, but he does not look the Roland type. Aaron Paul looks like an Eddie. ^^
Yes! I would drown myself in Oy plushies. Going to have to collect all TDT merchandise..
It will be interesting to see who they cast as Jake.

I have not paid much attention to actors until I started watching Gotham, but after a quick search of Javier Barden, I must agree with you. Not sure about his acting, but he does not look the Roland type. Aaron Paul looks like an Eddie. ^^
Yes! I would drown myself in Oy plushies. Going to have to collect all TDT merchandise..
It will be interesting to see who they cast as Jake.
Jake is my second favorite character, with Roland being the first. They need to cast them perfectly for me, or the whole movie will be a flop. I think those two roles are going to be the most challenging to fulfill every fans' image of them. Eddie is easy. I can name three people who would work for the role off the top of my head, but none of them fit quite as well as Aaron Paul. I think Taylor Kirsch would make a decent Eddie to, at least in appearance. However, his on screen personas tend to be a lot more serious, which makes it difficult to see him pulling off the role completely.

Watched something that reminded me of the only movie I've had a cry over and was very tempted to watch it again, on the one hand Mary and Max is a pretty good movie in my opinion, on the other hand I don't want to cry like a punk again. Odd thing (in my opinion) was that I only cried until after it was over. Turned off my tv and just huddled up and had a good cry after the movie ended for quite a long while. Never happened to me with movies before. I need to try and show it to my mother, she's not a movie snob and cries so easily so I won't feel so bad when I start getting teary eyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.