Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Icystorm

So I see. Right there next to When the Wind Blows, Fritz the Cat, Plague Dogs, Cat City, and Watership Down. NO ONE GIVES A FUCK ABOUT IT.

It clicked that the movie was pretty brutal. And pretty accurate in teaching us that Abrahamic Religions are stupid.
Fixed! Ha ha, wow, we almost had a crisis there! (Though 1,001 Arabian Nights, which has the story of Alladin in it, has some way worse examples of early Islamic culture. I thought they toned down the movie a considerable amount in comparison)

Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure really influenced me when I was younger. That sense of humor I'd actually not seen a lot of, the most of comedy I'd seen was Scary Movie and its spinoffs/british stuff like Shaun of the Dead. So this kind funny, kind of lighthearted movie about time travel was kind of a revelation for me. I don't think I'd ever seen a film made before the 90's.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Icystorm

So I see. Right there next to When the Wind Blows, Fritz the Cat, Plague Dogs, Cat City, and Watership Down. NO ONE GIVES A FUCK ABOUT IT.

@Tegan
Yup! ^^ They won't even make the last rest of the book series in English. I can read the first two and that is it.

I watched Watership Down as a kid. That was a mistake. xD

I am now both very curious and terribly leery of this Feilade movie.
If you like sex, murder, cults, and gore then you are good to go.

society-1989.jpg
*FIXED, SPOOKY IMAGE OF SPOOKDOM. IT'S OK DIANANA, THE ORGY OF UPPER CLASS PEOPLE MERGING INTO A FLESHPILE CAN'T HURT YOU NOW*

Interest intensifies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was totally fine until gore. Darn sounded interesting. Curse you squeamish side of myself curse you.

Though I'm now picturing adorable cat cultist so that's a plus.

SPOILER SCARY PICTURES, DIANA IS A BABY! ;___;

Well I just found out more of how bad of a person I am. My first reaction was to try and find pictures from the only 'gorey' movie I can handle. Restraint won this time though.

And now I'm going to go watch Repo The Genetic Opera~

*Hugs* To make you feel better
bc04775f0c80b11d80f63bebf3cdcf48.jpg

Guardians of Ga'Hoole. It is such a cute movie. :3

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
society-1989.jpg
*FIXED, SPOOKY IMAGE OF SPOOKDOM. IT'S OK DIANANA, THE ORGY OF UPPER CLASS PEOPLE MERGING INTO A FLESHPILE CAN'T HURT YOU NOW*

Interest intensifies.
Well, I was eating soup when I saw this.

The last movie I watched was Kingsman and I have to say it was a very enjoyable film xD. Although it kinda felt like a really rushed Hunger Games kind of thing near the beginning, and some of the tests are just bs >:c

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Tonight we're watching the other two Aladdin films. Yeah, the sequels.

Kinda silly it took them three movies and a whole tv series to get married. But more Genie the merrier! The Robin Williams genie out takes on the blu-Ray were also pretty grand. The producers were right, when you hired Robin, you weren't hiring one actor you were getting a few hundred.

And don't worry, @Chrononaut , @Tegan . No one takes things as serious as you project them to~!

For the month of October I'm watching not very scary, scary movies. Currently watching The Leprechaun movies.

Watched Curse of Chucky tonight for the first time. I am satisfied. Though the clip at the very end didn't make a lot of sense. :/

I saw an anime scene a few days ago on YouTube.

I had the "Warning Gore" heads up and my reaction was "HA! They say that for everything!".

I should have listened to the warning.
That shit was disturbing and I dare not even speak it's name as so others don't barge in thinking they can handle it like I did.

Has anyone seen Goodnight Mommy, yet? Just saw a trailer and am itchin' to go see it tomorrow night.

Was it YMS that made you want to perform this act of visual self-harm? Or you just a cinema masochist or something?
A little bit of both. Browsing YMS' videos I stumbled on those, and decided "Fuck it, I'll watch these movies first and then watch the review. They can't be bad, right?" and then I immediately regretted it.

Um...

I really liked Fury.

It was pretty intense and that kid that played Percy Jackson did a great job. Surprisingly, Shia LaBeouf did fantastic in his role. What I liked most about the movie is that it was less about the explosions and the characters don't really do anything superhuman. It's mostly about the weight of war on the psyche. Nothing was overly Hollywood dramatic. It was just...truth and that might be why it's stuck with me.

Crimson Peak pleased me. I enjoyed the characters, the story, and the supernatural feel to it.

Dark Tower Release Date: January 2017

I will not visit a movie theater until that date! There is nothing in this world, not even Alexander Skarsgard, Johny Depp, and Chris Pratt walking around wearing nothing but a smile will convince me to go to the move theaters before that date!

My husband thought I was having an affair after I read that. He came running up the stairs expecting some guy to come running out of the room naked. =/

As for other movies to watch. I am absolutely hooked on Jupiter Ascending. And since it's Halloween time, I cannot go without my traditional 'Horror Fridays'. This year my daughter and I will be watching The Shining, Mercy (Which I recommend everyone watch. It's not all that scary, but I love the whole vibe of the movie.) Children of the Corn, and the original Poltergeist.

And last but not least, on October 30th, my grandmother's birthday, I will be watching Gone with the Wind, which was a tradition.

Status
Not open for further replies.