Moth to a Flame

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Shinju Maeda

The joke cracked by Mitsuhide was met with a snort and a roll of her eyes, a quasi-annoyed expression thrown into his direction as she fastened the bandages, unable to help herself to leave one last smack on his back.

"Imagine being healthy. Maybe I should start suggesting fried food to balance it out?" she threw back, before pausing herself and pinching her eyes shut, realising her mistake. Fried food wasn't commonplace in this era, or at least not supposed to be as they were introduced by the Portugese, leaving it thus as something a little before their time.

"It is called a good influence, Mitsuhide," Shinju corrected herself instead, quick to sit herself down for the breakfast served by the innkeeper along with the tonics she had requested to be brewed for the both of them.

It didn't sit well with her, knowing that the man in front of her had barely slept and was more concerned about her and the mission than himself. The knowledge ate away at her guilt as much as raising her own concern as she wondered if history was perhaps wrong and Mitsuhide had worked himself to death instead. A common affliction even in the modern day of Japan.

"Just a moment," she spoke, her eyes never leaving the pale features of the man as she approached the man. Quickly she pressed a hand against his forehead, her eyes narrowing a little as she measured it to be cool, but already relieved that it wasn't hot before releasing another deep sigh.

Reaching within her sleeves Shinju for once broke her rule as she handed Mitsuhide a small square of glucose. "Western medicine," she lied through her teeth, "to give you energy should you be low," was her explanation before pulling back. The rest of the pack of glucose remained hidden within her sleeve, along with the rest of the items she hid.

Kyubei & Keiji

If Kyubei felt any guilt over Asuga's groan and day he didn't show it, smoothly letting himself back on the ground with barely a sound as he gave Keiji a curt bow, "all yours," he said before disappearing, leaving the kunoichi in the care of the orange-haired warlord.

"I figured that you wanted to see a Maeda," the man grimaced at Asuga, noting the dark look in the eyes of the kunoichi. It told him enough about what the meeting had been like with Nobunaga, earning a mental sigh as Keiji held up a box. "I also brought snacks, or rather, Ranmaru did. I already finished mine," he adds jovially, a sheepish smile following as he recalls the box of his favourite mochi.

"But, I also found you the artist you were looking for. Or rather, an artist. There aren't a lot of them," Keiji continued as he recalled his visit from a few days ago, "Kyubei may have told you, but I can take you!" The exclamation came with a wink before taking another good look at Asuga's face, the traces of fatigue clear on them as he let go of a sigh.

"That was all, go rest up. Dealing with that cumbersome couple is a handful," the male spoke, his usual demeanour toned down as he got up from his spot, leaving the box next to the kunoichi. Stretching himself Keiji let go of a groan as he rolled out his muscles, ready to make a run for it back to his duties.

"Let me know when you want to visit the artist, I will be off now!" And with that Asuga's wish was easily fulfilled.