Most anticipated GAMES for 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally as far as pre-orders are concerned I outright refuse to take part in them now.
I try too, but sometimes there are some REAL nice pre-order bonuses. Take halo master chief edition for example. You know what that games pre-order bonus was? Well one of them was the bandanna skull, unlimited ammo and grenades. I don't even own a xbox one and I still pre-ordered it for that reason alone. I was actually getting a bit scared about halo 5 o.o good thing it didn't come with anything worth much to me.

What I AM against though, is store-exclusive pre-order content. Want the FULL game? Buy it from each seller DX I can't remember which game, but I spent ages deciding which pre-order bonus I wanted one time DX

As for my most anticipated.
Mass Effect: Andromeda (I LOVE this series, a few VERY questionable decisions yes, but over all an amazing experience)

Zelda WiiU

Star Fox Zero (This game looks FUN! Kinda sad there's no Krystal, but i'm one of the rare Krystal fanboys that don't care)

Kingdom hearts 2.8

Uncharted 4

Crackdown 3

Mirrors edge 2 (That statue looks REALLY cool)

Metroid federation force (This game has my curiosity, and perhaps it'll be fun, though probably even lead into a Metroid prime 4/metroid dread. I have a feeling money from federation force will go straight into that/those)

Borderlands 3 (I'm assuming it'll come out next year if previous release dates say anything)

Sonic (Sega was saying how they apologize for how they've been treating us/their IP's, so if they're apology is legit, it probably took a while for them to say it with confidence, meaning they've been working on something before they DARE say such a thing. Meaning we have something to look forward to :D :D :D

Deus Ex and Doom are two games I'm looking forward to. However, I must say that I'd like to see more from both games before commiting a handful of cash. Name recognition alone isn't going to make me spend money I arguably should be spending elsewhere.

The only other one I can think of at this time, is the "Legion" expansion for World of Warcraft.

This isn't a game coming out, but I wish there was going to be another Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

Reactions: Windsong
That almost sounds as bad as Battlefront where those who pre-ordered got early access to higher ranking guns. Yes, this makes all the difference to performance because my score is only improving as i'm unlocking the rankings and corresponding weapons or perks.

The matchmaking system is abysmal. Basically, you can be paired with someone who has a level 20+ artillery while you have nothing to defend yourself with but the default laser pistol. No weapon pickups or armour. It's simply who has the baddest toys. Clearly, those who pre-order have the advantage because of advertising, not tactic.

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
I'm not really looking forward to ANY games in 2016 yet...I'm still attached to Watch Dogs too much to think about another game for now. I did pre-order Battlefront, but only because it looked amazing. Still haven't even opened it yet.

Well, Battlefront isn't so bad a letdown that you get more money for value by paying for it and not playing the game at all. Give it a go.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 person
Well, Battlefront isn't so bad a letdown that you get more money for value by paying for it and not playing the game at all. Give it a go.
I will. Probably after 2015 ends. Also, I've seen people in live streams use tactic to take down the "OP" players. The game is fairly decent at balancing strategy with your standard Halo-ish style gameplay online.

Don't forget you also have immediate access to the Battle Of Jakku DLC absolutely free, even if you didn't pre-order and purchased post-release.

Is this part of that pay to win shit Halo 5 pulled isn't it?
No XP without pre-order bonus, there is no bandanna skull. (Unless you make a personal deal with the studio it's self)

Halo 5 gives you two choices. Pay 1003 or so dollars, OR play for 3 or so months straight (angry joe did the math, forgot exact numbers) point is, it's nearly purely cosmetic, AND due to people buying the packs, we get map packs free, so although I'm annoyed I'll never get the costume I want, it's a small price to pay for free maps.

No XP without pre-order bonus, there is no bandanna skull. (Unless you make a personal deal with the studio it's self)

Halo 5 gives you two choices. Pay 1003 or so dollars, OR play for 3 or so months straight (angry joe did the math, forgot exact numbers) point is, it's nearly purely cosmetic, AND due to people buying the packs, we get map packs free, so although I'm annoyed I'll never get the costume I want, it's a small price to pay for free maps.
... I'm not talking about the skin.
I'm talking about the ammo and shit. >.<

+Angry Joe in the very same vid said how stupid it was to lock that shit behind a pay wall.

... I'm not talking about the skin.
I'm talking about the ammo and shit. >.<

+Angry Joe in the very same vid said how stupid it was to lock that shit behind a pay wall.
And I answered no. Unless halo 5 released a DLC to give infinite ammo/grenades that I don't know about... In which case, I wouldn't really mind as a DLC, the struggle to keep the gun I want can be real sometimes. Especially when dropped in a place with allot of enemies and I just have some crappy ol weapon which makes getting through a pain.

And it is stupid to lock things behind a pay wall DX But they've made half a million dollars a while ago with those paid booster pack things. Us the people literally told them that we want it (Voted yes with our wallets)

As a longtime Halo fan, I hated 5. Pretty much everything about it.

But that's another thread.

Reactions: Windsong
And I answered no. Unless halo 5 released a DLC to give infinite ammo/grenades that I don't know about...
Take halo master chief edition for example. You know what that games pre-order bonus was? Well one of them was the bandanna skull, unlimited ammo and grenades.
latest

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Darog
Then what the **** are you asking? DX Instead of memeing, why not ELABORATE!
Do you pay extra for the skull that gives unlimited ammo? (Pay to win) NO, it's only a pre-order bonus. You missed it? Then you missed out.
Is there pay to win in master chief collection? no, There is no pay to win, in fact, there is no paid DLC (Unless you count halo 3 ODST download as it's DLC)

• Dishonoured 2
  • Fire Emblem: Fates (Localisation)
  • The Banner Saga 2
I'll probably play FE and BS around release time. Dependent on time and money. Dishonoured, however, will likely have to wait some time as I do not believe my current computer will be able to run it.

Too busy slowly working on my backlog to worry about new games.
Forever waiting for Sengoku Basara 4 to hop over the pond

At the moment I'm just waiting for Digimon Cyber Sleuth, that and whenever Capcom wants to get around to announcing Monster Hunter Cross for the west.

Final fantasy 7 remake comes out in December (whhhhhyyy).

That's like...all that I remember lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.