Mission: Z, IC

rsz_conner1.jpg

Interactions: Wes

Conner continued to make his way ahead of the group. He wasn't sure where he was going but since Ryan and Jack hadn't tried stopping him, That had to mean he was going the right way so far and that only encouraged Conner to pick up his pace. Conner was determined to get to Riley as soon as he could. She had always had a knack for finding trouble and worrying the hell out of Conner.
"She'll be ok." Surprised, Conner looked over to see Wes trailing right beside him.
Conner had been so focused on finding Riley that he hadn't even noticed Wes beside him. Damn! He knew better then to allow himself to become so distracted. That got people killed in times like this.

"Riley's a quick learner and she may be able to hold her own but that doesn't mean anything if she's ambushed. Plus the fact that it is her brother and his group is what has me unsettled. The two didn't have a warm and fuzzy reunion and that prick was still determined for Riley to come with him. He only invited us because Riley made it clear she wasn't leaving our group. Who's to say that the sham of a truce won't crumble the moment he finds out she's alone." Conner's voice was calm but his words were rushed. He was worried and even though he was trying to hold it in. Conner knew that if anyone was able to read him it would be his childhood friend.

"I don't care what that asshole thinks of me. All I care about is keeping our group safe and as long as he doesn't get in my face or Riley's we'll be fine." Conner said as he continued to head south. "But I promise to keep a straight head once we get there. I'll have Ryan's back." Even though Wesley hadn't mentioned his uncle Conner knew that he worried about him. Ryan worried about Wes as well and that's why most of their plan's always had him as far away from danger as possible. "Let's fine Riley and get this whole mess over with as quickly as possible."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventory

On Person
Items: 2
Springfield Armory XDm (19 in clip)
Dogtags

Backpack
Items: 3
Sleeping Bag
Letters from group home kids
A box os 9mm (50 rounds)

Food: MRE Sealed (3) Chips (1 sealed, 1 opened) Canned Ravioli (2)
Water: 16oz bottle (3 full, 1 half full)

4nAuzQs.jpg

Interactions: Dexter

As Dexter confessed his trepidation, his arms squeezing tightly around her, she shook her head slowly, hair rubbing against his shoulder. One of her hands found its way to his thigh, giving it a quick squeeze as if to say it would be okay. However, when he asked about the events of the previous night, she froze for a second. In hindsight, she hadn't been wholly sure what possessed her. She'd never known a blind rage like it. Normally, feeling desperate like she did had always resulted in quickly running away. Maybe it was different now she had a home to fight for? She couldn't find words to describe the events but thankfully the sound of barking gave her the distraction she needed.

"Hey," she said, her voice was laden with trepidation as her nerves started to show. Her hand cupped his cheek, forcing him to look at her. Her sapphire eyes stared deeply into his, her words finding some solidity even just for a second. "We're going to be okay. We can do this."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Person (Evie):
- Hunting Knife
- Bow (19 arrows)

Backpack/Room (Evie):
Items (3):

- Change of Outfit

Water (1):
- Canteen (60%)
-

Food (0):
-

Outfit:
[spoili]
RTy6UTH.jpg

[/spoili]​

[fieldbox="Dexter | Ballamory HQ | 19 September 2026 - Early Morning, darkorange, solid"]

uHBb1iN.jpg

"I know." He breathed, placing his hand over her own and lacing their fingers. Dex closed his eyes for a moment, taking a breath to steel his nerves and at least appear a little better than he felt. Looking down at her, he continued. "I know we can... just... yesterday's events don't exactly fill me with confidence that this is going to go well, and I don't want anyone to get hurt. Least of all you, more than you already have been." True, the fight with Aveline hadn't really had anything to do with him, and hell... he didn't even know exactly what had transpired last night before he and Jesse showed up. But regardless, he felt responsible for some reason. He figured it had to do with the fact that even despite declaring his intent to not be any sort of leader for the group, and truly meaning it, it was a frustratingly difficult habit to slip out of... and he hadn't quite managed to hold true to his word so far. And so by default, pretty much anything that went wrong fell on his shoulders.

Staring at Evie, he wanted to make her promise, swear, that if things went south, she'd get herself out of there and to somewhere safe. He'd tell her that he wanted her to take Hero to DC and finish the mission that he'd long since derailed. But in truth, he just wanted her safe, and knew she was too stubborn and proud to concede to his wishes unless the fate of the human race was the cost. DC was a pipe dream, he all but knew that... but he'd use it as a scapegoat in a heartbeat if it meant keeping Evie out of harm's way. The words were never spoken, though, as he swallowed them with the last of his self-sovereignty. As much as it pained him not to try, he knew she'd never agree. Besides, he needed her there, and he didn't want her irked at him for attempting to sway her otherwise right before they went into this meeting. They needed a solidified front. All of them. To impress, or intimidate, it didn't matter - the appearance of unity and cohesion wasn't optional anymore, it was a requirement. So he left his wishes unexpressed.

"We'll talk about it later, if you want." He said finally, leaning into brush his lips against hers gingerly before rising from the couch, drawing her with him if she offered no resistance. "We should get out there, though..." he said, tone flat. "If they are here, they're alone with Jesse right now."

There was a brief moment of concern for where Aveline had wandered off to, but at the same time, he pushed it out of his mind. If she decided to stay away from the meeting, great. There was only so much sarcasm and eye rolling he was willing to subject the other group to... and he figured they probably got their fair share from Riley as it was. Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, Dex raised his voice to call into the dining room. "Otto, Liz, you guys just about ready?"

INVENTORY (DEXTER)
-------------------------
On Person
Glock G29 (15 in clip) [in Riley's possession]
Hunting Knife, with Sheath [on right hip]
.50 Cal Desert Eagle (15 in clip) [on left hip]
Cecilio's Shotgun [on the floor at his feet]

Backpack
Items: 6
Box of 35 rounds for Deagle
Box of 50 rounds for G29
Minor First Aid Kit
Small LED Flashlight
Dogtags
Letter from his Father

Food: none
Water: 17oz bottled water (1)

[/fieldbox]​

4nAuzQs.jpg

Interactions: Dexter, Otto, Liz

Evie allowed Dex to pull her gently from the couch before she released his hand from hers. Heading over to the counter where she had left her bow and arrow, she got herself fully equipped.

"Ready to go meet the neighbours?" she quipped, slightly out of breath from the anxiety. Still, despite her ever-apparent nerves, she wore a smile on her face. Tears lightly welled in her eyes as she tried to bring her breathing under control. It was as ready as she'd ever be.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Person (Evie):
- Hunting Knife
- Bow (19 arrows)

Backpack/Room (Evie):
Items (3):

- Change of Outfit

Water (1):
- Canteen (60%)
-

Food (0):
-

Outfit:
[spoili]
RTy6UTH.jpg

[/spoili]​

Cecilio & Ringo
b279110537109996be51a2f5a9dc7654.png
Interactions: Riley
Cecilio paused for a moment a little off guard when Riley jumped him with a double question but he answered quickly. "I think the emergency meeting was best for the time being. Without us seeing or even knowing either group was around...well. We'd probably be looking at a fight no one wanted but I feel everyone understands if we can make some friends and spare some bullets it's for the best so I wouldn't exactly consider that rash. I do hope the meeting will go well though. It'd be nice for once to have more allies and it probably would help everyone sleep a little easier at night with the extra people plus we'd actually stand a chance against bandits if it came down to it." He kept petting Ringo, the dog seeming to perk his ears before laying them flat on his head one more. "Do you hope it'll go well? If you don't mind me asking. It kinda sounds you and Dex have some....'history' that might make things a little difficult." He pointed out from how she stated she wanted to spend absolutely no time with him and the manner in which she posed her question. He slowly got his guitar and strummed out a few chords waiting for her group to catch up with her wondering if Dex and the others were arriving soon.

Inventory
1x Colt Le901-16s w/ 4-14x scope & bayonet
3x Rifle Magazines (4 loaded)
1x Large canteen ( 1/4 Full)
1x Weapon cleaning / repair kit
Various weapon accessories
1x Riot Gear suit
1x S&W 929 (loaded)
16x 9mm bullets
1x Pump Shotgun (loaded) (Loaned to Dex)
12x 12G buckshot
2 1/2x Cigarettes
1x Lighter
1x 7 string acoustic guitar

At Apartment:
1 lb's of dog kibble
Assorted hygiene items
1x Trauma kit
Condiments
1x P226 Pistol (9mm)
2x Pistol Magazines (2 loaded)

Last edited:
Otto Williams
Interaction: Dex
Mention: Evie
-

He watched Evie go as he finished the last touches on his rifle and put it back together, the revolver was simple enough and took less than three or four minutes to clean. He went back up to his room to get his pack and all his other stuff and got back down stairs a few minutes before Evie and Dex. "Might as well get it over with." He spoke as he stood with the pack on and his rifle in hand.
-
On person:
1x PTR
4x 20 round magazines
1x Revolver
36x 38 special rounds
1x canteen (3/4 full)
In pack:
360x 308 rounds
1x knife
1x sharpening kit
1x cleaning kit

rsz_151218-news-shadowhunters-katherine-mcnamara.jpg

Interactions: Cecilio & Ringo

Riley leaned against a tree as she listened to Cecilio's opinion on their groups meeting up. She was slightly relieved that his group wasn't completely against the idea. Riley looked up at Cecilio when she heard him asking her what she wanted to happen.
"I do, I want a safe place for my friends to be able to call home. As for me and Dex...It's complicated." Her personal feeling aside, Riley really did want this to work out for her group. She was happy to be able to see Dexter but the risk of him doing something stupid because of her out weighted that feeling. "Beside that, if this does go well I believe it would truly benefit both of our groups. Ryan is a good leader, Wes is a friendly guy and Jack's a little rough around the edges. But everything he does is for the best of the group." Riley couldn't help but give a small laugh thinking about her 'Grumpy Uncle' figure. "Then there's Conner, he's a great guy. He's the one that has helped me learn to defend myself. He's very protective and him and Dex don't seem to like each other very much" Smiling, Riley just gave a small shrug at the last part. "They're all good people though and they deserve at least a chance at a place to call home."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inventory
On Person
Items: 1
CX4 Strom Beretta (13 in clip)

Backpack

Items: 7
Sleeping Bag
Family Picture (Mom, Dad, Dex, Hero & Riley)
A box os 9mm (50 rounds)
Machete with Sheath (hanging from backpack)
Journal
Black Pens (2)
Dex's Glock G29 (15 in clip)

Food: Skittles (1) KitKats (2) Canned Ravioli (2)
Water: 16oz bottle (3)

Last edited by a moderator:

C3576539-1502322609168447large.jpg

ea31563239fece14551aba8ecd669300.png

Mentions: Otto, Jesse, Ave
Interactions: Dexter, Evie, Otto

Looking up at Dex she nodded jumping up from her seat and grabbing Otto's rifle. "I'm ready when you guys are! Oh and Otto here's your rifle, I forgot to give it back to you." Smiling she held out the riffle before looking at Evie and asking "You okay Evie, you look a bit beat?"

Inventory

On Person (2)
Childhood Katana
First aid book
.22 rifle (Otto's)

In Apartment (6)
Faded picture of her mother and father
Journal
A dull pencil
Small blanket
First aid kit
Colt 1911 (8 Loaded, 20 boxed)
Small Romeo and Juliet book

Outfit
c600x600.jpg

[fieldbox="Wesley | North of Ballamory | 19 September 2026 - Early Morning, lawngreen, solid"]

6hmYQT7.jpg

It wasn't long before the barest hints of civilization started peeking through the wilderness. Despite the years of overgrowth, once they got past a certain point, trail markers - bright pink splashes of paint on the trunks of trees - became more frequent. Wes counted six of them, scattered throughout, though their feet still stumbled through tangled underbrush that held no semblance of a trail even though there must have been one here at some point. Nature will always reclaim what's hers. He pondered to himself, eyes downcast to watch his footing as they skirted a marshy patch of ground that would have soaked his sneakers had he not seen it at the last second.

Glancing up, through the trees he could see a glint of metal, shining in the early morning sun. Wes touched Conner's shoulder, inclining his head towards the fence in the distance. The two of them slowed, making their way to the break in the trees. Here, despite the years, there was an actual path. It had been gravel at one point, and was definitely still overgrown, but there was a stark contrast in the foliage within the six or seven feet between the fence and where they stood at the treeline. The fence itself was metal, rusted and peeling, but sturdy looking vertical bars that would make it incredibly difficult to climb in an emergency. The thought made him prickle with unease. How were he and Jack supposed to get in there and help, if they needed to?

"Should we split up here?" He asked quietly, observing the complex from where they'd halted. He could see the back of three houses, only one of which actually looked finished. To the left, there was a tennis court baking in the early morning sun. This was the kind of place that, were the world normal, would be home to successful couples with teenage children and labrador retrievers. Half a million dollar homes in the middle of nowhere. Wes didn't get it. You either wanted to live in the city, or you didn't... these middle-of-the-road "rich oasis" type complexes made no sense to him.

Faintly, a few guitar chords reached his ears, and Wes frowned, confused. Why would someone want to make noise that could draw Infected? Well... he supposed that the fence, along with the remote location, was a pretty good safeguard against roamers. He could see the appeal of living here in their post-apocalyptic world, at least. "Front gate is probably that way." He pointed towards the direction the music was originating, pulling his canteen off of his backpack and taking a long drink before offering it to Conner.

INVENTORY (WESLEY)
On Person
Beretta Model 92 (17 in clip, 32 boxed)
Bowie Knife, with Sheath
Small Swiss Army Knife
Battery Operated MP3 Player & Earbuds

Backpack
Items: 4

Sleeping Bag
Veterinary Procedures & Emergency Treatment (book)
Pack of 12 AA Batteries
Complete Field Surgical & Suture Kit

Food: Sealed MRE (6) Candy Bar (3), Packaged Tuna (2)
Water: 60oz canteen (50oz remaining), 16oz bottle (4)

[/fieldbox]​

Cecilio & Ringo
Interactions: Riley
Cecilio got a bit hesitant about the mention of leaders knowing having two that would likely bump heads wasn't to work out to well. "Hmmm..." He said starting to think before he sighed rubbing his head "Well I'm just hoping this isn't going to turn into arguing over simple things. I would speak for my group but...I let peoples actions speak for themselves. I can tell you they're all good people and mean well though. I'm sure they'll be more than welcoming to your group when we get everything sorted out." He assured her feeling the others would more than likely get along with the new group. "Thats a nice carbine you got there. Cx4 storm?" Cecilio inquired making small talk but using his old hobby at least aid in it.

Inventory
1x Riot Gear suit
1x S&W 929 (loaded)
16x 9mm bullets
12x 12G buckshot
2 1/2x Cigarettes
1x Lighter

At Apartment:
1 lb's of dog kibble
Assorted hygiene items
1x Trauma kit
Condiments
1x P226 Pistol (9mm)

Interactions: Cecilio & Ringo

Riley listened to Cecilio and nodded.
"I guess we'll just have to wait and see." She said as she stared up at the sky through the gaps in the treetops. It was still early but she was sure that her group should of been on their way by now. Riley was brought out of her thoughts when Cecilio mention her rifle. "Yeah, Conner recommended it to me after he saw my love for high places. I tried a hand gun at first but I use to freeze up when I was in close range situations. So we decided to improve on my range." She couldn't help but smile when she remembered how she use to surprise Conner from her hiding places. Now her group was just use to Riley not being on the ground. "Now that I have that down pact, we've been focusing on hand to hand training. Plus some tracking here and there."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventory
On Person
Items: 1

CX4 Strom Beretta (13 in clip)

Backpack
Items: 7

Sleeping Bag
Family Picture (Mom, Dad, Dex, Hero & Riley)
A box os 9mm (50 rounds)
Machete with Sheath (hanging from backpack)
Journal
Black Pens (2)
Dex's Glock G29 (15 in clip)

Food: Skittles (1) KitKats (2) Canned Ravioli (2)

Water: 16oz bottle (3)

[fieldbox="Dexter | Ballamory HQ | 19 September 2026 - Early Morning, darkorange, solid"]

uHBb1iN.jpg

With only the tiniest bit of reluctance, Dexter bent to scoop up the shotgun and preceded the rest of the group outside, squinting against the sunlight that peeked over the trees to greet the day. It was balmy, and the air was still warm enough to allow the frogs and crickets that filled the air a few more weeks before the season would force them into hibernation. Dexter knew that Louisiana winters were mild, but wet, which was a good thing considering their lack of power and heat but abundance of overhead shelter... and with any luck, he'd be able to convince the other group to stay. He'd spent most of the night dwelling on that decision - would it be smart to let strangers join them in force like this? How would they sort out the inevitable power struggle that would ensue? In the end, his mind was made up by Riley. If anything, he knew that she was a good judge of character... and she wouldn't travel with people who didn't have good hearts.

Mind racing, he made his way down the driveway with Hero at his heels, still obviously distracted. At the end of the driveway, where it dipped down into the street, he glanced down to the beginning of the cul-de-sac, where the front gate was. Immediately, he blanked, feet faltering for a moment as he started to stop in his tracks. But he righted himself just as quickly, playing the odd gait off as having stumbled over the dog. He'd expected to see the entire group there, with Jesse, but instead his eyes lit on only one solitary figure, bright hair unmistakable. Riley. What was she doing here? Had she decided to come stay with them, without the rest of her group? A thousand questions flooded his brain but he managed to keep his emotions in check long enough to force out a clipped, "Good morning."

INVENTORY (DEXTER)
On Person
Cecilio's Shotgun [in hands]

Backpack
Box of 50 rounds for G29
Minor First Aid Kit
Small LED Flashlight
Dogtags
Letter from his Father

[/fieldbox]​

rsz_conner1.jpg

Interactions: Wes & Riley

Conner's gaze was focused on where the music was coming from when Wes asked if they should split up.
"Now would be the best time." He said as he shifted his weight anxiously. Standing there was driving Conner nuts, all he wanted to do was find Riley. Conner looked to his childhood friend as Wes held out his canteen. He nodded in thanks before he took it and got a drink from it. Once he was finished, Conner passed it back to Wes before looking at Ryan and Jack. Becoming impatient, which was nothing new when it involved Riley. Conner turned and started heading toward where the music was coming from. His pace changed from a brisk walk to a slow jog the closer he got to the music. Relief rushed over him when he caught sight of an all to familiar red. There she was standing not to far from some stranger but she was ok. "Riley"

Interactions: Dexter, Hero & Conner

Riley conversation died the moment she heard Dexter's voice. Emerald eyes looked over her brother and the small group with him. "Dex." Was all she said, though her stance became very tense and it took everything for her not to further distance herself. But those thought were dashed when she heard a familiar whimper. Hero. Riley couldn't help but smile before she fell to her knees. "Hero, hier boy" She said as she beckoned him to come to her. Riley noticed that he's took a second but it wasn't long before he was running towards her. "I've missed you so much." Riley cooed as she hugged Hero. Laughing, as she was covered in slobbery kisses. Riley was enjoying her little reunion when she heard her name being called.

Riley looked over her shoulder to see Conner approaching.
"Conner, look Hero's here to" Smiling, Riley continued to shower Hero with affection before she stood up to properly greet Conner. "Where's the other?" She asked as she looked behind Conner. "Almost here, I came ahead to make sure you were ok." Riley nodded before she turned to look back at Dexter's group. "Then I guess we wait for a little longer." She said before she knelt back down and continued to pet Hero. She could feel Conner watching her and she was sure he was waiting to lecture her on running off once again. But it was nothing new so just decided to ignore him, like she was currently doing to Dexter. Ryan would handle all business that dealt with Dexter and his group. She preferred to stay out of it as much as possible.

Otto Williams
Interaction: Riley and Conner
Mention: Dex and Jesse
-

Otto followed Dex to where he saw a red head talking with Jesse, Otto assumed she was Dex's supposedly dead sister. Next came a younger man who looked to be in his twenty's with dark hair and tan skin who Riley called Conner just after he confirmed she was indeed Riley though the way Dex looked at her was enough indication. He looked between the three along with Hero and decided that the silence was kinda annoying so he stepped forward with his rifle slung pointed towards the ground and proceeded to introduce himself. "Well I can assume you're name is Conner and you're Riley, nice to make your acquaintances my name is Otto Williams." He spoke simply to the two.
----
On person:
1x PTR
4x 20 round magazines
1x Revolver
36x 38 special rounds
1x canteen (3/4 full)
In pack:
360x 308 rounds
1x knife
1x sharpening kit
1x cleaning kit

Cecilio & Ringo
Interactions: Riley, Conner, Dex
Cecilio seemed a little relieved when the others showed up as he was a having to suppress the gnawing feeling of amxiety from being outnumbered and alone but from how Riley behaved he felt her group was somewhat like his own. He did feel silly for slightly getting worried though it was mostly hardwired into him at this point as being outnumbered was bad if you didn't know people or their intentions. "Morning Dex." He replied holding his guitar in his hands. Ringo stood as well tilting his head and his tail wagging associating how Hero was acting these people were nice at least for now. "Of course she'd be ok." He said to the man with Riley learning his name was Conner. He did wait for the others to show up hoping the meeting would start soon so they could be done with it wanting to at least through with the day so he could try and take a small nap.

Inventory
1x Riot Gear suit
1x S&W 929 (loaded)
16x 9mm bullets
12x 12G buckshot
2 1/2x Cigarettes
1x Lighter

At Apartment:
1 lb's of dog kibble
Assorted hygiene items
1x Trauma kit
Condiments
1x P226 Pistol (9mm)

Last edited:
4nAuzQs.jpg

Interactions: Gate People

Following the others out, Evie kept quiet as the sight at the gate wasn't quite what she was expecting. A part of her wanted to take a verbal swing at Riley for blowing her brother off the way that she did. She had hoped that given time to cool off since the day before that Riley would have been a bit more grateful to see her brother, but it seemed she placed the dog above him. Moving beside Dex, she slid her fingers between his and gave his hand a tight squeeze. However, relinquished the hold when the rest of the group turned up.

On Person (Evie):
- Hunting Knife
- Bow (19 arrows)

Backpack/Room (Evie):
Items (3):

- Change of Outfit

Water (1):
- Canteen (60%)
-

Food (0):
-

Outfit:
[spoili]
RTy6UTH.jpg

[/spoili]​

JW5Dxo6.jpg

Interactions:
Gate People
With Connor rushing off as well, Ryan passed Wes and Jack an exasperated look before uttering, "Good luck." If anything, his words were meant more for Wes than Jack. Keeping the man under control would be a monumental calling. Ryan was aware how flimsy and dangerous the plan was, that fact alone was likely cause enough for Jack to take matters into his own hands. However, if it kept Wes safe then it was how it had to be.

Jogging up to the gate, Ryan was greeted by what seemed to be quite a sizeable gathering. Considering bullets hadn't started being exchanged yet, it seemed that there was hope for the negotiations after all. He sighed audibly to mark his approach, the intensity of his exhalation only increased as he saw Riley. "I swear to god, I'm going to have to start putting bells on you people," he groaned. He knocked the side of his nose with his thumb quickly, breathing in and catching his breath. "Dexter, good to see you again. This your whole group?"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Items on Person:
- AR-15 (62x 5.56 rounds, 2 mags, 2 loose rounds)
- FAK (Bandages, Disinfectant, Plasters)
- Copy of 'Marching Orders' (his best selling novel)
- Knife
- Canteen
- Snack bars
- Torch

uHBb1iN.jpg

Dexter clapped a hand on Jesse's shoulder. "Thanks for keeping watch all night, man. You should get some rest." His gaze slid to Riley, but she was very obviously ignoring him, lavishing affection on a bewildered and ecstatic Hero instead. He swallowed, hard, resisting the urge to grab her and shake her and demand answers. Evie's comforting gesture was met with an appreciative side glance, but Dex's gaze hardened on Conner when he showed, and his grip on Jesse's shoulder tightened unconsciously. For the sake of everyone else, he forced himself to bite his tongue, just to keep from saying something that would not in any way help the situation. Jesse beat him to it, anyway, and Dexter couldn't help but snort derisively in agreement. Why wouldn't she be safe? She was safer here with him than she would be travelling with a bunch of fucking riffraff.

Luckily, it was now that Ryan decided to show up, distracting him from how badly he wanted to throttle Conner. "This is everyone." He replied, looking behind Ryan for the two very obvious missing members of their group. "You seem to be a little short yourself, though..." His tone was uneasy, but he tried to appear nonchalant. "I take it there's a reason for that?"

INVENTORY (DEXTER)
On Person

Backpack
Box of 50 rounds for G29
Minor First Aid Kit
Small LED Flashlight
Dogtags
Letter from his Father

[/fieldbox]​

JW5Dxo6.jpg

Interactions:
Gate People
Seeing the distrust in Dexter's eyes at the apparent short-staffing of their party, Ryan looked between Conner and Riley before looking back at the man. He shrugged his shoulders momentarily before sighing. "I don't suppose you'd buy it if I told they're off to get pizza, right?"

He felt somewhat guilty. Of course, Dexter could be lying and they had the same precaution as they had, keeping some of the group separate. Should he lie too? "I'll level with you. I didn't know if we could trust you - nothing personal, mind you. I wanted to keep my nephew separate from all this should things go wrong and, I'm sure after your beautiful introductions, Jack wouldn't be much of a... positive influence on these discussions." He scratched at his forehead before holding his hands out before him, his rifle clipped to the harness on his torso. "We don't have any ill intention. I promise you that. I just can't be certain that you're the same. I'm sure you understand."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Items on Person:
- AR-15 (62x 5.56 rounds, 2 mags, 2 loose rounds)
- FAK (Bandages, Disinfectant, Plasters)
- Copy of 'Marching Orders' (his best selling novel)
- Knife
- Canteen
- Snack bars
- Torch

uHBb1iN.jpg

Nodding, Dex offered a tight smile, extending his hand to Ryan. "If you know a place to get pizza these days, I'll take a large pepperoni." He tried to keep his voice light and friendly, but couldn't help the undertone of uneasiness. He understood the need to want to keep loved ones out of the line of fire - he struggled with the same thing on a daily basis. But he didn't like the thought of the other man - Jack? Was that his name? - not being in eyesight. For all they knew he could be up somewhere in a tree with a rifle trained on them. But he put that out of his mind for sake of the meeting, trusting that if Ryan showed, he meant well. "This is everyone - Cecilio, Otto, Liz, Evie." He nodded to each one in turn. Hesitating for a moment, he then added, "we've got a guest as well, but she's likely off... sulking somewhere. She has no place in this meeting, though, so it's of no concern."

Pulling back, he inclined his head towards the HQ.
"Did you want to take this meeting to a more comfortable place? We've got a table and chairs set up back in the house."

INVENTORY (DEXTER)
On Person

Backpack
Box of 50 rounds for G29