Midnight Finds (1x1 with lilly321)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They ate quietly and she soon finished her food and felt happily full and stuffed. She felt a little guilty she splurged on food like this, After all she rarely ate out and only did so when she realy had to. With a sigh of shame for herself for giving in to her craving like this she stood to take her trash out and put the tray back before she went back to the guy and sat down again. Glancing at the clock the cab woudl be here soon.
"I'll be right back" she said zipping u pto go see if the cab was near before she turned around "don't go anywhere" she added before she spun off to look for the cab. she had enough experance with kids to know that if you didn't tell them somthing firm enough they'd do what you told them not to do. It's not a good time of day to lose somone and need to go around lookign for them. not fun. not fun at all.

She stood in the frigid air looking around for the cab, but the busy streets had no sign of the cab she called for or even a parked cab, they all were full fo drunks or merry people on their way home.

Alyxander glanced to Suki as she ate, noticing how much she seemed to savor the food. 'Humans have such a different preference of sustenance. Then again, they don't need blood to sustain themselves, and would probably dislike it anyhow.' He quickly hid his half hidden burger once Suki got up to throw away her trash, grateful to be able to stop force-feeding himself the unsavory thing.

"I'll be right back. don't go anywhere"

Alyx watched as she walked off and out of the restaurant. 'She still treats me as though I am a child. I know better than to wander around. She need not tell me.' He sighed, leaning back against the seat and looking down at the food he had balled up in its wrapper. After a moment, he got up to throw it away before returning silently to his seat again. Minutes went by, uncounted, and the young man became impatient and uncomfortable. Being in such a public place, surrounded by the very beings that were his true food, was not the place for a thirsty vampire to be waiting. His gaze wandered around the building, then back to the table, then out the window, watching the people that went by. Seeing Suki through the glass, he watched her from the distance. She seemed to be looking for something. The 'cab' perhaps? That was probably it.

"Hey there, cutie."

Alyxander turned his gaze away from the window, coming face to face with a young brunette who had taken a seat beside him. "Whatcha doing, sitting here all alone at this time of night?" "I'm not alone." He responded quickly, glancing away. She was so close, he could almost hear her pulse. His teeth ached. "I'm waiting for someone." "Oh, a date? That's too bad." 'A date?' He nodded anyways; she seemed disappointed. Perhaps she would leave before he did something he would sorely regret. The girl sighed, drawing invisible patterns on the table with her finger. Alyx glanced at her out of the corner of his eyes, weary. Between his past experience with the slayers trying to kidnap him and his agonizing thirst at the present moment, the last thing he wanted was a human (other than Suki) near him. But this girl smelled so good. And he was so thirsty. 'Stop. Not here. I may be new to this place, but I know some rules already. Unless I want the slayers to find me again, I need to keep my fangs hidden.'

the cab soon came and she flagged the cab down. The guy parked and she gave him his adress before she went back inside to get Alyxander and go home with him. She wondred for a moment if he'd sleep on the couch or would she have to and he took the bed? she shook her head as she came back in to the resturant seeing him with anohter girl. She frowned. hookers. In her oppion they were a waste of a womans talent and pride. whoring themselves to others to make a living. She shook her head and called out to him
"YO! Alyxander! the cabs here" she said walking up to the woman giving her the 'back off" look. He'd had enough contact with strangers for one night and to deal with a hooker in his senairo? Hell no was that happening on her watch, "The cabs out side" she said to him before she looked to the hooker "and you can go make a better living for your self other then selling your self to others for money" she said

Alyxander glanced up from the table as he heard Suki's voice, glancing to the young woman beside him out of the corner of his eye. The girl glanced between the two, then wisely decided to get up. Once she caught onto what she thought was going on here, a look of indignation crossed her face. "I am not a whore! My friends dared me to come over here and talk to him." She responded harshly, insulted. She pointed out a group of girls laughing at a table across the restaurant. Alyx got up and shifted past her. "And you do whatever they say?" She fell silent, and stormed back to her colleagues with a haughty sigh. The young man sighed and looked to Suki. "Thank you." He murmured softly, before walking toward the door in the direction that she had pointed out.

Once he exited the restaurant, he looked curiously at the vehicle that was to bring them to her home. 'Are you sure it's safe?' That would be a stupid question to ask though, so he kept it to himself. Only after Suki got in did he follow though; still unsure of this mode of transportation. Wouldn't it be safer to walk? Then again, slayers. Alyx knew all too well that he was an easy target at the moment, having no knowledge of the area around him. Besides, he had no idea how to properly defend himself. Having always stayed within the confines of his own home his whole life- save for one quick escape as a child- his life had never been threatened, so there had been no need to teach him how to fight off anyone who might do him harm. 'Perhaps Suki could teach me.' He thought as he remembered how swiftly she came to his rescue. How strong she seemed. 'Ridiculous.' Why would she do something like that? What did she owe him?

She watched the girl sulk back to the table of so called friends and she sighed `kids these days clearly got too mcuh time on their hands`she thought as she led Alyx out of the resturant and to the cab where the taxi man was waiting for them to get in. She opened the door for him to get in and helped strap the seat belt in for him before shutting the door and getting in on the other side, also straping her self in and the cab started up and they drove on to her home a while away. The cab driver tried to make light conversation but she was tired and she was sure alyx didnt; feel like sharing anything. He eventualy gave up and they soon reached her home. she paid the driver before helping him get out of the cab
`well here it is`she said as she gestured to the 2 story home. It wasn`t too bad looking after she spent an entire month re doing the exterior so it wasn`t freezing in the winter and boiling in the summer. Or leaked when ever it rained or after a snow storm.
She headed up the steps and led him to the front door before unlocking the door and went in turning on the lights so he wouldnt`trip and fall. She slipped off her shoes in the front door landing area and took her coat off to hang on the coat racks

``it`s not much but it`s the best I`ve got so far`she said setting down her things on the table on a shelf before she went father in to the house to warm up and turn on the news

Alyxander cautiously stepped into the cab after Suki opened the door for him, glancing around the vehicle curiously. As she leaned in, dragging a strap of something across his chest, he stayed completely still. Whatever it was, it was obviously a normal thing in this case. He would stick out if he refused to put up with the uncomfortable strap. Beside, how close she was was a bit of a distraction. Even closer than the girl in the restaurant. His eyes shifted to her hair, to her neck, away again quickly. 'Not her.' She smelled so nice though, a sweet, alluring smell. A different kind from the human who had taken the seat next to him minutes ago. But Alyx was consistent with his morals; a debt owed should not be increased. So he kept the thought of his thirst out of his mind.

Suki went around the cab and took her place beside him, but the young man had his eyes fixed on the window, and beyond it. Once the cab started moving, he shifted slightly to hide the tension in his body. This thing was terrifying to say the least. And the belt across his chest was not helping any either. However, as the ride continued, he concentrated on watching the buildings and streets that passed by the car window, blurred from the speed of the vehicle. After a while, the cab stopped, and Alyx glanced toward the house. It was tiny, compared to the large building he called home; but what could he expect of a mortal's dwelling? He had seen worse through his window overlooking the city. The country houses were smaller, and much more worn. "it`s not much but it`s the best I`ve got so far" The young man nodded, following her into the house and glancing around it with genuine interest.

"Thank you, for allowing me to stay here." Alyxander said, after he had followed her into the living room area. He left his shoes where she had left hers, and hung his coat on the hook. His attention quickly turned to the television- a thing he had only seen a few times, as his parents had one in their room and he had snuck in on occasion- and sat down in a chair.

She came back with some warm milk for them both on a tray as the new scrawled across the screen. kidnappings, stock market and other things and the weather. She set the cup down for him and sat down in the arm chair across from him. He looked funny in the living room. The reds, greens and yellows made his dark figure stand out against the pale green couch and the yellow pillows.

"No probs, you can stay as long as you need. I'm kinda like a refuge like you too" she chuckled a little thinking about her senairo, and his. He was attacked and almost taken while she was framed and shut out. She watched the news for a while her body filled out her V neck dress shirt with a simple belt around her waist and form fitting pants and slippers at her feet. She soon finished her drink and went to wash her cup before poking her head in to check in on him.

"Do you wan't to sleep on my couch or my bed?" she asked looking at him. She had no guest room because the guest room in the small house was a storage area for her things that she was kicked out of her old house was house with. The room was filled with boxes and other things that she'd not unpacked yet because they either brought back to many bitter memories for her to take on at the moment or that she just had no space to put every thing. "my beds not very big and the couch is but my couch is a little creaky and hard" she said thinking he should know that.

Alyxander watched the television screen with a half-hidden enthusiasm; though he was indeed entranced nonetheless. Having had very little contact with the stories that the contraption showed, except for the times when he had been able to sneak peeks at it for a little while when his parents were out of the house, his attention was instantly captured. Barely any of it made any sense to him of course, but it was interesting anyways; when the people on the screen were not rambling on and on about statistics. He had never really been a fan of numbers and such. The young man gave a silent glance to Suki as she spoke, and nodded with a small smile before fixing his gaze on the television again.

"Do you wan't to sleep on my couch or my bed?"

Contrary to the foolish tales that humans had written about vampires, stories which his parents had read for entertainment to him as a child, he did understand what a bed was. While some of his kind slept in coffins, his family did not. Why put up with a cramped, contained space when there are more comfortable places to rest; when necessary, of course. Vampires didn't need sleep necessarily, but most, like him, found a little time to take a nap. Mainly during the day, when they couldn't do much of anything else.

"I'll stay on the couch." Alyx answered, beginning to lose a bit of interest in the television. The stories of human lives, while some were fascinating, seemed dull and boring to him. In comparison to the escapades his friends told him about, their adventures of raiding hospitals, the reports of robberies were trivial. Although the kidnappings were new; humans did that to their own kind? Why? He could imagine why slayers would have a desire to capture his kind, as they are viewed as mortal enemies to each other. But what reason did mortals have to steal away members of their own race? What was the purpose? Alyxander turned his attention away from the television and looked over to Suki, leaning his chin in his hand, his elbow upon the arm of the chair, as he gazed in her direction for a moment; a natural stance he had come to adopt when he was thinking about something. Realizing he may be caught staring, he glanced away, and quickly added a soft "Thank you."

"no prob, you needed a place to stay and i had one" she shrugged before she went to the other couch. She reached under the cushions and tapped around for the starp that'd help her pull the bed out of the couch. Once she found it she pulled it out in to the open and gave it a good pull upwards till part of the bed frame was visiable and then she let the bed unfold it's self. She grabbed a few chushions and tossed them to the couch bed before she went off to grab some spare bed sheets and blankets for her guest so he wouldn't be cold at night.

Her house was funny like that. No matter what time she set the heater to go on or off at the dam thing refused to work at all. The only ting keeping the house warm now was the tiny fireplace in the basement and in the dinning room. With out either winters would be ver very cold. She shivred at the thought and remembred when she first moved here. She'd spent a week sleeping in layers before she figured what the hell was wrong and made use of the fire place. She built a mini sand moat around the fire place so if ambers flew out it wouldn't light her house a blaze while she slept that and a humidifer to keep the air around the fire place damp so the only thing that left the fire place was heat, light and ash.

Alyxander's eyes followed Suki as she struggled to get the bed out of the couch, diverting whenever her gaze may have caught on his. It was so strange, being near a human with no one else of his kind around. Being in a vampire in a human's house, and not his own. How was he going to get home? It's not as if they could communicate by bird like those humans in the dark ages did; a clever thought, he had to admit, but not exactly effective. Animals were flighty creature who had minds of their own. The ones he had seen in his yard, anyways. The more he thought, the more he realized he really did know nothing about any of this. How long would he be able to go without being found out? How would Suki react? No doubt she would try to kill him, or just hand him over to the slayers and they'd do it themselves. Sooner or later, his strange behavior would trigger something, someone would notice that he didn't fit in among the inhabitants of this city. Then again, his parents had told him about the many vampires that lived among the humans, alongside them, and how they learn to coexist without being found out. Those of his family's stature consider them below their standings, and do not interact with them.

After the bed was brought out and Suki left the room, Alyx got to his feet. The bed was smaller, of course, than the one he was used to, but he could manage. Sitting on the edge of it supported his assumptions; it wouldn't be anywhere near as comfy either. 'Was a little freedom worth all of this trouble?' At least he would be able to have stories to tell his friends when he managed to get back to his family. Once he heard footsteps returning, he got back up and leaned against the chair he had been sitting in. At least the blankets looked warm. Even vampires did not appreciate the cold. The young man glanced around the room curiously. "Do you live by yourself?" He asked, trying to make conversation. He could have assumed the answer to his question, based on the lack of anyone else's scent other than Suki's. There were also only a few pictures of anyone other than herself. How strange. His family always had a portrait of the whole family all over their house.

(So sorry I keep disappearing, I've been busy with performances; also, I won't be able to post until Sunday because I'll be travelling)

(P.S. I just had an idea. I'l pm you about it)

She finished setting up the bed and shut off the tv for him as well and tossed a few more logs in to the fireplace. She cleaned up a little more before turning to him when he asked about her family. It was a sore topic for her to talk about but she knew from dealing with kids that if she talked, it'd feel less sore and she'd feel better in the end about it.
"the place isn't mine" she said as she sat back on the couch and leaned back to look up at the ciling. "the place is owned by a old couple who let's me live here becuase I've got no place of my own and a job that others see as a chore" she said with a little chuckle. she did have a home. did being past tense. most woudl consider working with a bunch of kids in a place where they can kick your ass to be a chore or hell even. Then again she never saw it as that. She'd already known what self defense was and a few other good moves to keep people at bay but after working at the Dojo for so long she'd picked up a few more moves and a whole lot of styles to go with it. Forced to take the pay check the owners give her. she uses it to buy only the things she needs to survive, uses as little of the houses water and elerticty as possible and the furnace was just a joke.

"think of this place as a rental and I pay rental by working for them at their Dojo a few block away from here" she said looking at him now. "I started out as a cleaner and doing other jobs no one wanted to do but they premoted me to being a teacher after they did a bit of teachign to me first thoughÈ she explained

Alyxander listened intently, leaning his shoulder against the chair. 'This poor excuse of a house does not even belong to her? How sad.' Usually, sad in regard to humans would be pathetic. But given how much care she had given to him... a stranger who she didn't even know... sad had another meaning. He started to think that, when or if she found out his secret, he could bring her home with him. Surely anything would be better than this place. However, as he thought it over, his parents may see her as a threat given how strong and well-taught in fighting she was. They might kill her; and he did not want that. Maybe his family could pay for a house? That would be enough reward to balance out his obligation to her for saving him, wouldn't it? Another pang of homesickness hit him. How long would it take to find a way back? His family would realize right away that he was missing, but would they find him? And after all of this, would they consider him a lost cause? He shuddered at the thought. If he was among humans too long, his family might consider him unworthy of returning home. He would be no better than the lowbrow leeches that hid in the shadows of this city. 'I would rather be dead than end up like them.'

Alyx was snapped back to reality as Suki spoke again, about the house being a 'rental'. And her being a teacher at something called a 'dojo'. Maybe that was where she had learned to fight so well? Probably. He focused on this new information, trying to hide his muddled thoughts and keep his melancholy emotions at bay. "I am sure you are a very good teacher." He said honestly. "I would have loved to have a teacher like you." On second thought, would that be taken as odd? Discretion wasn't exactly his strong point, and as he recalled many of his so-called suitors had considered him blunt and brutally honest at times. He saw no reason to lie to someone's face. Surely a human's feelings would be similar. However, he felt that this was a different setting, one that should be taken with more care and delicacy than a simple conversation in his house. As a result, he quickly diverted his eyes and murmured a soft "Sorry. That was uncalled for.", hoping he hadn't insulted Suki or anything of that sort.

"realy? Thanks" she said looking at him a little shy now that he commiented her "I've only been teaching there for a few years while the owners have been there scince day one till now. or at least day one of their life spans." she said knowing that place had been in their family for a long long time. It was one of the most revered dojos in the country. It didn't have the top equipment or best location but the teachers where no jokes and the owners clearly are not considering their old age and they can still kick serious ass anytime of day. She'd seen it. They have a day where they allow the kids to attack the teachers and them with out warning just for their fun and for the kids learning as well. Sadly they weren't alowed to touch the weapon wall seeing how if weapons were tossed around, one wrong move and it could send you to the hospital or worse. The first time she was there for that event was quite startling for her. to be tackled by several students! she didn't even stand a chance against them! It was a year or so later after she started there could she keep up with them and now she coudl kick their ass. Too bad she had yet to kick the old folks that way. Then again she wouldn't want to incase she hurt them and got them all in trouble for such an event.

"if you want I'm sure the owners won't mind if I bring a tag along to my classes and let you sit in the back to watch" she said sure they wouldn't mind. That's how she learned and they let her too. She made a note to call in early to ask before taking him there. Even the real janators picked up a move or two from sitting in a class for a day. the teachers didn't mind and the old pair could care less as long as you could still do your job and not hurt anyone with what you learned. She remembred a kid that got kicked out beacuse he was using what he learned to bully kids at school. The old man was so mad she swore she saw steam comming out of his ears. they kicked him out and told him not to come back. Their dojo was a place of self defense. not a school for teachign kids to kill or hurt each other.

"what?" she asked when he appoligized to her "you didn't saw anything wrong Alyxander" Blinking she looked at him confused at why he'd appoligize to her. hell she had no idea what he was even appoligizing or!

Alyxander quickly realized that what he had said wasn't inappropriate as he had assumed it was. How embarrassing. 'I am talking too much.' So he kept silent and just listened to Suki, nodding in response to her comments. "if you want I'm sure the owners won't mind if I bring a tag along to my classes and let you sit in the back to watch" That sounded both intriguing and dangerous. The more exposed to large groups of people he was, the more likely he was to be suspected. It probably wouldn't be far-fetched for young vampire slayers to take lessons at the dojo; especially if the fighting skills Suki had were what was taught. However, refusing to go, and wanting to stay in her house alone would be suspicious too. Either way, something would go wrong. Alyx nodded silently, sighing softly to himself. 'This is going to be more difficult than I ever would have expected.'

And then came Suki's response to his apology. He had long figured out that apologizing had not been necessary, and was abashed. "I had thought... what I said hadn't seemed respectful... never mind." He shifted his gaze back to the floor, a light blush (if a vampire could ever blush) on his cheeks. "I am no good with conversation." The young man mumbled. He ran his hand through his tousled black hair, annoyed with himself and immensely embarrassed. With a glance toward the darkened window, he murmured a quiet comment on how late it must be. "We should both get some sleep."

"you've love the place!" she said happily as she got up to strech "I'll get you a uniform when we get there to change so you blend in better and the others won't pick on you or bother you too much" she said with a happy smile. She blinked when she saw him blush and chuckled a little "it's ok to be shy alyxander. from what I see you look like you grew up in a single room with people moving in a out" she joked as she headed to the stairs. before she shut the lights 'good night" she said as she wet up to get washed up and dressed for bed

The next morning...
"30...31...32...33...34...35...36...37...38...39..."she panted as she did her morning exercizes in the basement on a mat, she had to do her work out in the morning before she went to work or she'd cramp up and the kids wold go nuts if she wasn't on to them for the entire class. she dropped after 100 pushups and rolled over to do her sit ups. The clock read 5:00AM and she'd been up for half an hour now. She'd made a list of things to buy on her break with Alyxander. He'd need his own toothbrush and other hygine products seeing how he was most likely going to stay for quite a while. "wonder what he uses?" she thought curiously

"Good night." Alyxander responded as Suki went off to her room. He laid down on the small pull-out bed, staring up at the ceiling for a little while. "from what I see you look like you grew up in a single room with people moving in a out" At first thought, she was wrong. His house had plenty of rooms, and his family was very often around. They were not close, his parents anyways, but his sister rarely spent a day without spending time with him. But that was a shallow interpretation. On second thought, it did fit; the women who his parents brought into the home in hopes of one catching his eye. And his parents in general. Overprotective, with high expectations but no desire to offer him the means to meet those expectations except a multitude of marriage proposals. 'She could have been playing a joke.' He shrugged it off, thinking he was over-thinking things again, and let is eyes close.

Alyxander heard noise early the next morning, and soon realized it was Suki. 'What is she doing at this hour of the morning?' He followed quietly toward the cellar a little while after she had gone down, a half hour perhaps, not wanting to be caught. Slinking down the stairs, silent as a cat, he watched from the steps. Whatever she was doing, it definitely would help with her strength. Maybe this was part of her job, and she was practicing so that she would be ready. Still, this early? How exhausting. Just watching her for a few minutes, he could tell it was no easy task. For a vampire, it might be; for a time, anyways. They may be immortal, but their strength had its limits. Alyx returned from the basement once he realized that being caught might cause trouble, and not wanting Suki to take a dislike to his presence in the house. After all, if she kicked him out, where would he go? He knew he wouldn't do well alone, not with so little knowledge of this area and society.

by 7 she'd finished her warm up and headed up to go make some thing to eat. "wonder if he's a mornign pearson?" she thought as she reached the top of the stairs silently and carefuly. she poked her head in to the living room to see if he was up yet or if he was still sleeping the morning away. She decided against waking him up and headed to the kitchen to cook. she had no clue what he liked so she made a little of every thing and packed a lunch for them both as well as snacks for later on in the day if he got hungry. She made eggs, bacon, muffins, pancakes, orange juice stright from the orange and cut up fruit. She set the table for 2 and headed to the living to wake him, she needed to be at work by 10 and it was a 30 min ride on her bike to get there.

"hey" she spoke softly as she went to his bedside and shook him gently and carefuly not to startle him "time to wake up alyxander. I've got classes at 10 to get to and my bike takes 30 min to get us there" she said to him "I made breakfest as well but i had no idea what you liked so I made a little of each" she said

Alyxander had returned to his bed, despite his desire to wander about the house and explore, after returning from the basement. Minutes ticked by, then an hour, and he began to wonder why Suki would need to be doing those exercises for over two hours. 'Well, she's persistent at least.' And when he heard her footsteps, as quiet as they were, he turned on his side so he would look like he was asleep. The smell of food soon flooded the house, and he responded by pulling the blanket up over his head. It wasn't that it smelled particularly bad. It was just a lot of new scents, mixed together so suddenly that it was overwhelming. It wasn't like he had never smelled food before; the servants had to eat something after all. Eating mortal food, however, was a different story. There were a few things that he had stolen a bite of as a child, most of which he'd deemed disgusting, a select few that he actually favored; mainly meats, if they weren't covered in green bits. Anything green, or yellow, typically lacked sufficient flavor in his opinion. Besides, he would never let his parents know if he liked any human food anyways. They'd be disgusted by that. It would be demeaning in their eyes. Anything human was demeaning, short of clothing and a few other ingenious inventions of theirs. It was astonishing how little he had realized this until he was away from his possessive parents.

"time to wake up alyxander. I've got classes at 10 to get to and my bike takes 30 min to get us there"

Alyx stuck his head out from under the blanket as he was gently shaken, looking up at Suki. "Good morning." "I made breakfest as well but i had no idea what you liked so I made a little of each" As he got out of the couch-bed, he nodded. He ran a hand through his hair, realizing how tangled it was; with a bed as uncomfortable as this, he wasn't surprised. Tossing and turning all night was probably the cause. But he wouldn't mention that to Suki, of course. No need to be rude to a gracious host. The young man followed her into the kitchen, overlooking the quantity of food that had been set out. If he was going to be forced to eat, at least there was meat. He took a couple pieces of bacon, and took a seat.

"Good morning to you as well" she said as she backed up to give him some space. She let him get out of the bed and made a note to add more layers on to the bed to make it a little easier to sleep on. she knew it wasn't a good bed and she tossed it together in a haste, but now that they had a day ahead of them and maybe many more she wanted to make his stay as nice as possible. She'd need to pull out the thicker bed sheets she had for her bed normaly and let him use it insted. She didn't mind. after all she was the one on a bed while he got the couch bed. the least she codl do was use the bad sheets and let him have the good ones.

They headed to the kitchen and sat down to eat Suki takign a little of everything she made on her plate and sipping her tea carefuly. "you don't need to eat it all you know. what ever is left I'll take it with us so I can give it to the kids who think it's a good idea to come to classes hungry" she said, she always did that. what ever she didn't finish she'd bring it with her to work the next day and let the kids finish it off for her. better then leting it go to waste in her trash bin. There was always one or two kids who got hungry or needed the boost of enegry at the dojo. usualy the younger ones but sometimes the older ones drag themselves to class starved and then they get all bossy and prissy with her. It pissed her off and it pissed them off when she got mad at them. So she fed them so they were all happier and less cranky.

"I also packed some lunch but I had no idea what you liked so I made you a meat sandwitch" she said gesturing to the plastic containor with a sandwitch in there that was stufffed with slices of diffrent meats

"you don't need to eat it all you know. what ever is left I'll take it with us so I can give it to the kids who think it's a good idea to come to classes hungry" Alyxander swallowed his bite of bacon and nodded. "That is very kind of you." But he already knew she was kind and thoughtful of others. Had he been deceived by the books he had been raised around? If humans were so selfish and cruel, how could Suki stay like this? Evil infects those with good natures, he knew that. Vampires were prone to bouts of selfishness too, whether they were wiling to admit it or not. He glanced back at his plate, taking another piece of bacon and popping it into his mouth. Whatever this was, it wasn't terrible. He could put up with it.

"I also packed some lunch but I had no idea what you liked so I made you a meat sandwitch"

Again, Alyx silently nodded. He finished up the bacon that he had gotten and carried his plate away from his seat. "Where should I put this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.