Mercury

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't go through everyone's META ^^;;

Gaaaah sorryyyy
Thanksgiving has got me pretty busy. I'll try to have a post up soon.

Reactions: SweetPrince
I will be posting soon, but was working on new banner^^
look at it.
Cka3NCT.jpg

• Thank You
Reactions: Justin
Such magic *0*
Thanks lol, getting better at making banners and stuff, still working to perfect my next ones, but this one if one of my favorites lol

Reactions: Yuuki_Tatsunohi
Raise your hand if Shattered should do banners for all the characters.

*Raises both hands and the hand of a stuffed [BCOLOR=#000000]t[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#ff6600]i[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#000000]g[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#ff6600]e[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#000000]r[/BCOLOR]*

It looks awesooome.
For some reason this makes me think of Sharkboy, but with Nick/Bash's head lol.
xD, lol I got that feel too rofl. And they are both Disney people rofl.

Raise your hand if Shattered should do banners for all the characters.

*Raises both hands and the hand of a stuffed [BCOLOR=#000000]t[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#ff6600]i[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#000000]g[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#ff6600]e[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#000000]r[/BCOLOR]*
If you want I could so do that, but will take a moment, since it is a lot to get it just right xD

• Love
Reactions: MagusOfTheScales
*nods while dancing violently to Meghan Trainor*

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MadKingJai™
Still waiting :|
Yes I've been here refreshing all this time.
Sorry working on post now... got distracted by food xD

Finally posted lol.

So, since people wanted to see him, here is the character I wrote up for this thing. ^_^

92f543e81bab7a566e8296c77b662a73.jpg

Name:
Cian Macleod
("key" + "in")

Classification:
Freshman

Height:
5"7'

Weight:
160 lbs.

HouFac:
Stripes

Hobbies:

Farming
Gardening
Psychology
Philosophy
Reading
Sports
Singing
Dancing
Language
Medicine
Wordplay

Skills:

Farming
Gardening
Analysis
Singing
Dancing
Athletics
Acrobatics
Cooking
Strategy
Lying
Medicine

Pros(5):

Adamant
Cheerful
Grounded
Open Minded
Obedient

Cons(5):

Overly Inquisitive
Prideful
Strict
Duty Bound
Realist

Bio:

Cian was born into a very poor farming family, living alone with his family a few miles outside of Dublin. As a small child, he was fairly lonely, his parents not taking trips into town except for when they needed to. However, when the time came, he was enrolled in school, and every effort was made to ensure his continued interest in it.

From infancy, Cian was raised to believe that he should always do his duty. Whether it be something simple like his morning chores, dedication to his his education, or his obedience of his parents. Duty as a worker, a student, and a son respectively. His father was a soldier, retired due to injury, who took to Farming to both remain useful and to show his former leaders that he could still be of use to himself at the very least

Clan's mother, on the other hand, was a nurse, whom met him as a soldier. When the two settled down on their farm, they were happy. Of course, Cian had no desire to be a soldier, and his interest in medicine was mostly from his mother. He kept busy, regardless, always learning and reading when he could. Yet, he did always enjoy the simple-minded and almost too thoughtless aspects of maintaining the farm. Something about just being able to relax and shut off, yet still be able to care for his home without harming anything.

As Cian grew up, he developed a great taste for self improvement and knowledge, constantly pushing himself to become something, even though he still wasn't sure what he wanted. Thankfully, he was gathering a good number of Skills. When he graduated from school and received a notice from a few different institutions, all very well established and prestigious. However, a particular one stood out...

The Mercury Erudition Test Assessment (META)

Hello! Dear Mercury students, The Star and the Provosts would like to congratulate you on your enrollment here at MIS. We believe in enrichment not only of the values of learning and progression, but of oneself in the notion of being truly extraordinary. Hope you didn't study! The META is rather intuitive and provides insight as to the persona you share within your psychological, and emotional spectrums. Do not think too hard, nor too lightly, just answer with your instinct and intuition. There's also a 'surprise' in the test, so the best of luck! WELCOME TO MERCURY!

1. Scene: You're on a roller coaster, the wind brushing through your hair and aura with bliss. You look to your left and it's the person you love the most. They smile at you and thing couldn't be any better. The rail connecting to the ride chassis overhead snaps and severs connection, the rollercoaster is riding on one rail now. The screams fill your eardrums. Look to your left, see the face of terror, the face of impending death. The coaster turns a roundabout and flips over from the rail, losing course and braking just in time to not crash off and down into the ground hundreds of feet below. Look to your left, no one is there. Look at your feet, they are holding on for dear life. Your seat holder begins to snap. One tiny motion, you fall. You are off the edge, you cannot climb back, There are no screams. Just you, and them. What do you do?

"I immediately search for a way to save them. Maybe there is some way I can pull them up. Even if I'd have to sacrifice myself, it'd be worth it to save someone I care about. In the event that I can't, I suppose I would have to watch the inevitable. After all, it isn't something many people get to see..."

2. Promises: Do you break them?

"No. I always keep my word."

3. Inside a home you sit in a dim lit room. You were adopted, and your biological family decides to agree to the visit you requested. Your adoptive parents have been nothing but doting and loving your whole life. Your adoptive family sees you as blood. You meet the biological family. They are charming, they are loving, and they shed tears of joy as they embrace you in their arms. Siblings, parents, everyone just crying over you. Just you. The room lights up. The biological family wants you to come with them. Your adoptive family is extremely poor, the love has never been enough to pay for a stable life with luxury. Your biological family is very wealthy. They want you to live with them and start the life you were supposed to, they promised you your greatest dream that your adpotive family could never give you. What do you do?

"Simple. I refuse the money and stay with the people who raised me. Family isn't about blood, it's about who is there and cares for you."

4. Day of your first date.You have a spouse. They begin to hold your hand in public. As you walk they wrap their arm around you as the public eyes you with desire. Your spouse territorial like keeps you close. Your spouse begins to kiss you aggressively, claiming you. The people show repulsed looks. What do you do?

"I don't particularly enjoy being eaten, but, I do like a lass who isn't little possessive. It's nice to be wanted."

5. Enlightenment took a turn for the worse. Your father just had an affair on your mother with your favorite teacher. You saw them. You and your father are the best of friends also, he was your world before you saw him with your teacher. He confides in you and tells you to vow not to tell your mother. Your teacher leaves and moments later your mother comes home, happy and grateful to her family. What do you do?

"I would tell my mother about my father's infidelity. He did something wrong, and must own up to it. My duty to my wronged mother supercedes my duty to my father."

6. Running on the fact your uncle has four nephews/nieces answer their names: Earth, Fire, Water, and ______ ?

"Air."

7. Zen: Categorize your personality alignment with the following terms associated with comic book characters: Lawful Good, Neutral Good, Chaotic Neutral, Lawful Neutral, True Neutral, Chaotic Neutral, Lawful Evil, Neutral Evil, Chaotic Evil.

"I'd have to Say Lawful Neutral."

[Loading Virtual-Cognition Protocol......]

((You are now in the actual situation. This is no longer written. You can barely separate reality from virtual simulation. You feel, you taste, you react.))

8. Nothing but sand. Sand dunes surround you, and a horde of other people all pile up at the bottom of the dune in a collection of cheerful screams as they chant your name. A man with a hat and glasses smiles at you as he pats your shoulder for you imminent service to the people. A lone wooden pillar stands at the top of the dunes, with a sweaty, dehydrated female tied to it, crying. He hands you a magnum, loaded with only one bullet. The crowd in front of you rages in your favor, respecting you for what you're about to do. She was accused of killing the people's president, stabbed him with a knife 71 times in his torso, or what's left of it. She was found in his room not even 10 minutes ago, the knife on the floor at her side. The man in the hat backs up as she writhes in anger at him, repeatedly yelling that she's going to kill him over and over again. She struggles to get free, the sweat pouring down her face of fatigue and her once pristine shirt now smothered and covered in sand and dust from the winds all around. Her tied hands weak and sore from the cloth trapping and binding them, covered in dust as well. The man in the hat raised his hand with a shout, as the crowd joins him in their excitement at the imending death of the seen anarchist. The female eyes you with tearful eyes of rage. Her adrenaline matches yours in a standoff of hearts. She breathes heavy, your heart pounds. You grip the magnum and?

My eyes take a moment to adjust to the Sandy air. The gun feels strange in my hand. I ponder over the information that was just given to me. My eyes dart to the struggling and bound woman. My eyes narrow before glancing back to the gun. It was clearly obvious what my duty here was. It was my job to issue this woman the justice that she deserved.

"I'm sorry, lass. You dug your grave, reaped your own end when you killed that man. The brutality...I will do what I must. When you take a life, you sacrifice your own. Without these laws and rules, we have only Chaos...I'm sorry..."

I raise the gun, pressing the barrel to her forhead, and pull the trigger.

[Next simulation]

9. You're falling to the ground from the window of a 20 story building, you have no parachute, no safety net. Nothing. Just the inevitable. Nothing to break your fall. Gravity is the same, as is physics. Nothing spontaneous is going to happen to you, just free falling mid-air. You....?

I was rather surprised that I had to jump out a window, especially since I tend to avoid jumping out windows in general. I watched the air rushing by my, my eyes remaining focused on the ground. How many people actually had the opportunity to observe terminal velocity and survive? I bring my arms in close to my chest, so my upper arms are facing the ground. I smile as I finally approach the ground.

[Final simulation]

10. You awaken in the middle of a room on a pressurized plate, with no way out except through glass shutters in the four cardinal directions. The room is pale with cold stone all around. Cobwebs are thick and ridden all over the drab area, in fact you are wrapped in a web currently. You cannot walk, nor run, only hobble. Your mouth is concealed. However, behind those glass shutters are each of the corresponding: The east shutter contains nothing but the sky and clouds behind it, but a large, prowling falcon that stands at eight feet with a twenty foot wingspan eyes you with ferocity, ready for the shutter to lift. In the south shutter, behind it lies a dense jungle, with lush and thick plants and trees. You can see a bengal step from the jungle, approaching the shutter, growling at you, mouth seeping drool. It scratches the glass in yearning desire to kill. In the west, behind the glass is nothing but water, what seems to be miles and miles of underwater. A great white shark zooms by the glass every now and again, it's black eyes staring into your soul. And in the north, nothing but a vast outback. A barren land, where a pack of jackals all bark and prance on the glass like wild maniacs, saliva falling from their jaws as they lust the taste of flesh. A holographic screen appears in front of you, counting down from one minute after hobbling off the center plate. You knew that all shutters would open when the timer hit zero. Or...you could voluntarily drag yourself to one particular directional shutter and step on the plate in front of it, opening one shutter and locking the rest, but you'd be faced with the dangers that direction holds directly. You have a minute and counting...

What is your destiny?
I quickly move my eyes from panel to panel, eyeing the various creatures that could each kill me with no degree of difficulty. I try to move, quickly realizing that the material binding me apparent be made of some kind of webbing. Like a...a realization comes to mind. Whatever created this, I can't see it. Where is it? Either way, I'm doomed, but I absolutely have to see. I'll wait here, I accept my fate, but before I die, I at least have to see the creature that created this...
[End.]

((You are back at the test screen now))

We thank you for your cooperation! We wish you the best in your current year at Mercury Institute School! You may now log out. Unless?

[Loading Slots 1-7]

Well we had a drop out, so maybe you can join? :D

And awww Reneza acknowledged little Jongdae <3 ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.