Mending the Broken

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Lurcolm

Resident Biopunk Enthusiast
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
  4. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Douche
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
  2. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, magical, medieval, scifi, romance and action!

ALL THE -PUNK GENRES
Frankenstein was a forgiving man. He could understand a great many ignorant decisions youthful people could make. Owning a shadow clinic could give someone a perspective like that, as clubbers stream in because they either don't want their parents to see what they've done to themselves, or rather they couldn't afford a medicorp to save themselves.

It was also a place where various people of questionable activities go to get themselves patched up at a place that doesn't ask questions. A lucrative business, but sometimes you end up with some pretty idiotic people.

Like the guy he had now: Lost two fingers when his friends dared him to catch an axe, they dropped from sixty stories up.

How these people managed to get through school was beyond him.

The man was drugged out underneath his table, the biomonitor giving that soothing beeping of his heartbeat while he quietly went to work suturing all the arteries and nerve endings back. They at least had the sense to put the two fingers on ice before they sought him out, otherwise, the finger would probably have been beyond use.

He sang a happy little tune as he worked, deft fingers working on an don. He didn't know how these people mana-

A resounding crash happened above him, as debris crashed down from above. A cursory glance up showed that something apparently.... crashed in through the roof.

Surprisingly, that's only the third time that's happened.

A small glance to a large form laying limp in his Mechanical Workshop segment of his warehouse. His place was segmented into seven such places, from medical to hardware to weapons to art. The form in question.... seemed to have wings...

Well. Okay then.

"Natalia. Take our guest and strap her to a table. I'll be with her when I finish stitching this patient up"

"Of course, Sir."

The semi lifelike android, who was pointing an SVD at the crumpled form, slowly lowered the rifle, then glanced to Frank "I would recommend using cau-"

"And that is why you're strapping her to a chair, but if it would make you feel any better, you could aim the taser at her"

"Only the taser?"

"She has wings, Natalia. I'm not hurting her until I know exactly what she is. Besides, who's going to pay for the roof?"

"Girl! You can't treat everyone so flippantly!"

"Watch me."

She withdrew the dagger from his throat with a strange, circular motion, re-sheathing the blade with an ease that bordered on being obscenely expert. The man she had nearly mugged for information watched in tangible confusion as she rounded the alley's corner, away from her 'crime.'

"Hey! You can't pull that shit! I'm calling the cops."

Her laugh echoed along the musty brick, the sound chilling the mere mortal man. A cursory glance over her shoulder revealed that he was shaking in his boots. She turned, facing him fully, dark wings flaring upward behind her.

Ophelia's grin wasn't angelic, and an uneasy feeling washed over the other. "Call them, pretty boy. Cannot guarantee you'll still be here when they show up, though."

He swallowed nervously, and as the woman feinted at him, taking a step back into the alley, he turned tail and fled, knocking away a trashcan in his fleeing, spilling the putrid contents into the already polluted street. The fallen angel snorted and shook her head, pale eyes watching him disappear. Idiot.

Eli sucked in a breath and concentrated where she stood, features twisting in equal parts concentration and pain. Energy began to drift from her abruptly-raised arms, and with the flick of her wrist, a flickering portal manifested against the crummy wall beside her. Its energy was weak, just as she- wincing, she stepped through before it could dissipate, and fell.

Quite literally. The portal summoning had drained her reserves, and she found herself too weak to even fly properly, the winged woman plummeting toward- through a rooftop. She gave a brief scream of pain as her left wing took the brunt of it, bone cracking and violet blood beginning to stain her feathers ever darker.

Groaning, vision blurring as she fought to maintain her consciousness, all she could process through the haze was the sound of two voices, and something approaching her limp form. Was this the end? Were these her death-bringers?

Even through her pain, she cracked a stupid smile, Eli lifting one trembling arm, her middle finger extended toward the thing pointing a weapon at her. "Fuck off, sweetie," she spat through gritted teeth, attempting to readjust herself, then whining low in her throat at the pain that throbbed across her injured wing and down her spine.

Shit. Whoever these people were, she hoped they had morphine.

"Don't."

Natalia looked up towards Franky, her finger just barely missing the strength needed to pull the taser's trigger. "I wasn't going to do anything"

"Of course not." He replied, though looked up from his work to consider the girl "You're feisty, but you just crashed through a roof. Luckily for you, you landed in Frankenstein's Factory and Medical Centre. Now, I want to help you, but then your cooperation would be needed. Big questions aside, does your body take morphine?"