1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
In no particular order: Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Magical, Romance, anime, comic books, cartoons, video games..
Last edited:
SHEPARD

It could go without saying this was a colorful bunch. Shepard understood that by now. Their reactions to the present situation made that abundantly clear. The uncover agent displayed a genuine smile at Scarlet when she offered the food stray to them all. He wasn't a super fan of chocolate strawberries but rather it was the act of offering that impressed him.

It kinda reminded Shepard of a similar custom his homeland had though the treats were vastly different. Swiftly the operative took one chocolate covered strawberry and nodded. "Thank you kindly." It only took him a few seconds to devour the little snack before returning focus back to the makeshift group. While they were all unique in abilities and background Shepard noticed one thing most had in common.

They're young and inexperienced, growing up in a world that fears and hates them. Bast forgive us.

Of course, Malusi started to notice how many meta-humans/mutants seemed to rely a great deal on their powers to either hide or simply revel in it like Marrow. Yes one shouldn't be ashamed of having gifts but it must be balanced with self-control. That is something they must learn he concluded.

Shepard looked on as the rest of the introductions played out. When it was Charlotte's turn, the operative while remaining outwardly stoic resisted the urge to roll his eyes at her crocodile tears. It would've been more believable performance if Banshee hadn't attempted to intimidate Jenna earlier. Now his suspicions were raised all the more yet he said nothing. Instead he calmly listened while grasping both hands underneath the backside of the coat, quietly taking out a flash bang from but kept it hidden inside his left hand behind the back from view.

Even if someone noticed they won't know what it is and if they're smart not to provoke a fight.

While Shepard didn't think he can take the shrieker down before letting out another deafening scream but he can make sure she and whoever sides with her will be temporarily blinded. Yes he was aware that would affect the others and wouldn't want to hurt them but if violence does break out there will be no choice.

Subsequently, Jenna spoke up, claiming she's a telepath and revealed her problem with Charlotte. His eyes narrowed as his suspicions of Banshee seemed to be finally confirmed. But, then he realized if the teenager is telling the truth that means she probably read his mind as well.

For one of the few times in his time as an operative Shepard was taken aback. The risk of compromise had just become all too real now. However, he decided to take advantage of the reveal by thinking. It would be best to keep whatever other secrets you know already to yourself for now Jenna. We have much to discuss after this.

Jenna would know by now that the uncovered Wakandan doesn't want to harm her but talk. Of course, as a precaution Shepard started thinking up random thoughts from sport scores, latest car models and even types of sea shells in an attempt to avoid giving away further hidden information about himself.

It was Carol's turn to speak and it was interesting to say the least. He already had an idea of she is but no identity until now. When questioned by directly he snorted at the decoder ring reference. Americans and their pop culture. Keeping that thought to himself Shepard instead replied.

"I wouldn't go that far."

Followed up was Warbird going on what almost sounds like an advertisement for the super powered fight club she's part of. Though he respected the fact that the young redhead had a strong passion for it.

The more Shepard absorbed every bit of information given and detail observed he realized something.

We need something like the avengers. I can't say we're ready for such a responsibility. This group feels like a time bomb ready to go off.

Closing his eyes for a moment to mediate Shepard suddenly remembered watching the broadcast of his King's UN address years ago. It was a powerful moment he would never forgot where T'challa appealed to the best of humanity. Inspired the operative looked up and made sure to examine each person and subsequently raised his empty right hand to shoulder level to get their attention.

"We can all agree that is whole meeting is bizarre for all of us. Yet, despite the obvious issues here I do see promise."

Pausing briefly to let that question sink in to collect his thought Shepard continued.

"Have a confession to make. I was there at the Battle of the Avenger's compound as well. We were all different from one another and most cases didn't know each other at all."

To dispel of doubt of the claim Shepard unbuttoned the top of his shirt, revealing the upper dark chest with various burn scars with greenish features. Captain Marvel would likely recognize as the wounds made by Sakaaran blasters. The memories of that fateful day swarmed Shepard's mind as he continued.

"Yet no matter our origins or reasons for a single day we stood united and fought against Thanos and his host who threatened to wipe out this reality."

Glancing over to Carol with a humble nod Shepard's voice grew more solemn and eyes saddened. "In the end the Mad Titan was defeated but not without great loss and suffering."

Silence followed as Shepard remembered the fallen who can never return. Then he concluded with newfound determination. "Now our existence is threatened once more. But, by ourselves this time all due to the illusions of division."

Looking toward Banshee he remarked with a stone cold expression. "If there is any foolish coward who is still determined to start a war or commit mass murder I want them to know something. No matter how far they run or whom they hide behind there will be no escape from the consequences should they persist on such a path.

Done with the veiled warning he concluded to the rest of the group.

"Don't know about the rest of you but I'm not going to sit back and wait for disaster come to me. If someone wants to leave that is your choice. Know though each of you has gifts that can change the world. The question is how will you use them?"

Last edited:
She was a piece of work. Looking at the Banshee in the room Ray had been very uneasy yet alone with her attempt to veil her honesty and lie. Huffing he got off the floor walking a few steps forward remaining in his dog form 'People like her make me want to be an animal for the rest of my days. Animals are true to their nature. They endure and learn, but lying is mainly a human trait. She wears it to well' Looking around the room he kept listening to everyone introduce themselves and honestly, he felt strange. He was used to being the weirdest in the room, but in fact he could feel the slightest slice of normal. Though small it was enough for some comfort.

Ray was taken aback by Jenna. The young girl had heart and was a good soul. She told Charlotte exactly what she felt but was also respectful even though the same person would never show her respect in return. 'She has guts, I am curious though about her telepathy' Early in life he had assumed he had telepathy but hers seems to be the real thing. His was, something else. So maybe they could learn together. Moving Ray sat beside Jenna and smiled at her. His own friendly personality showing through the slight nerves of this meeting.

As Warbird introduced herself he could only give a smile. She had played off showing him treatment like a dog before but he wanted to make a smart comment. He reeeeeeaaaaally wanted to.....but he had his time to talk. So instead he merely smiled at her for a few seconds after her introduction and then looked at the next.

Shepard was, well a good man at the very least. And an honest one at that. When he spoke of humans killing humans it was all Ray had known them to do. Humans killing humans, was always happening. But the story he told, of how they were united against the Mad Titan was the goal. If only people could keep that unity. He honestly only felt a shred of that unity when he was aligned with animals. Knowing their thoughts in their form, he had never been very close with people. But this man seemed to have a mission in his mind already. He may have been here on a whim like the rest of them but yet even with that he sounded composed and prepared.

As for his question to the group Ray had no answer other than survive. Its all he ever did with it, survive, and well maybe went to Vegas with a Millionaires face. Oh and his money. But after that experience he was content with just surviving. The main question he still held was this. Would he be expected to fight as someones weapon? Or to fight for the people he cares for?

James Proudstar aka Thunderbird

James of course listened for a bit to all the others. The girl in the slick spider outfit got up and offered chocolate covered strawberries. Like Shepard, James took one, with a smile.

"Thanks"

Gloom had some nice tricks, takes good hand eye coordination to pull those off too. Interesting that Sarah knew Charlotte and Logan ?. James was still curious about Logan the apparent bodyguard of Charlotte.

After listening to Charlotte, his first instinct was why didn't she bother him more ? Then Jenna kinda let her have it. Telepathic indeed. Still, the point of what Jenna said still made sense. A second chance, even if her story was lopsided as hell. Now he was more concerned about an always angry looking man who Sarah said had claws like hers... A man who wanted to stand up to Captain Mar-vell. Curious...

He kinda liked Warbird. She had spunk, honest... but perhaps this whole affair wasn't to her liking ? That would be disappointing. Shepard didn't care for what he had heard about Charlotte, further, he had something in his pocket... likely for just in case. The shapeshifter / German Shepard looked restless too.

"I have a couple of thoughts Shepard. I have no problem personally standing up for whats right... for friends here... new or otherwise and family. That being said, some here may not know the consequences ? As for Banshee, as long as she is a legitimate part of our team, I agree with second chances there. I'd like to hear from her friend Logan? though. I saw him doing a stare down with Captain Mar-Vell. Seems like something I want to know about. "

At this point he offered Shepard a beer and Carol too, there were two left in the six pack. He wasn't sure if anyone else was old enough.

" I also have questions on logistics Boss. Is this an SLU project ? Do they have the resources to back this whole thing ? A team will need a place to ... BE a team. Training, food, living space, security... The works. Now, I know of a place on the reservation, but that is a long way from here. Completely off the grid. There is also the point of if we manage a team, what is the goal ? Lastly, there are other interested parties. Some friendly, who already know most of this, like mister recruiting telepath guy with the sad voice. Others not so friendly, like the big brother drones at the rally or the World Protection league who has a habit of being better informed than we'd like. Anyway, I think I'm in regardless. I'll need help training, punching and lifting boulders doesn't help as much as I'd like.

At this point his phone rang.

{in Apache } "Hello Grandfather, yes, everything is okay. Yes, you can let Uncle Nick know everything is cool. Is Howard's place cleaned up ? I might bring some friends out there. We are still figuring things out, you know after that crazy rally. Tell Mom I'm okay. Talk to you later. "

1569295151053.png
"Um, no it's a very special suit." Scarlet answers Jackson.

We are not wearing a suit.

Can't lay all that on these people right away.

Scarlet is glad that at least a few of the people accept her offering (of the treats that were supposed to be for everyone anyway) and her eyes follow Jackson as he introduces himself with a little juggling act. Yes even in this wondorous world, she is still entertained by a simple juggling act.

Marrow's trick with her bones is less entertaining. It makes her wince under the mask actually.

Jenna, the youngest and smallest of those here, gives the most impassioned introduction not only of herself, but also airs her exact thoughts on Charlotte. For Verona and Andromeda they feel over their telepathic connection the girl's raw emotion more than the others could from just her words.

When Jenna has said her piece and sits nearby Scarlet, she puts the tray of treats down and touches Jenna on the shoulder.

Don't be afraid to speak your truth Jenna. We understand.

Jenna would feel that this psychic 'voice' is different from what she has received before from Scarlet. Where before she felt the two minds of Andromeda and Verona, now she feels only one mind that feels nothing like the other two.

Carol's introduction sparks some far-off thoughts Jenna might have been made privy to, if she were to try and pry.

She was at the battle? Wow so she is that woman Peter talked about, the one who took the Infinity Gauntlet from him and foughtThanos alone . Would have won even.

Andromeda thinks back to that talk with Peter. He had spoken of her with a look and tone that had stirred a new unexpected emotion. Jealousy rears its ugly head for a moment.

She's too old for him anyway. Andromeda dismisses that idea.

Warbird's introduction-demonstration-pitch stirs another intense emotion in her. You could call it 'incensed' even 'offended' that Warbird uses her gift for profit, and seems to be proud of it.

Agent Shepard's impassioned speech washes Andromeda's mind of the negative feelings spurred by Warbird. He was right, people needed to be more united in general; them in particular for the sake of others.

"I don't sell myself." Andromeda says not to Warbird directly and looks at Shepard when saying it. "I believe in using my powers responsibly and I am game to join up with others who feel the same way. I usually team up with Spider-Man, of course, but he's off with The Avengers doing something. Has been for like....a week? Anyway. I don't think they're done, gone, like whoever is on the other side of that voice thinks. At the same time though, I think the world could use another team with the same mission, no matter what The Accords say is allowed or the cost."

"I'm ready." She puts her right fist to her chest.

• Jackson Cardenas | The Magician Gloom •

Jack stayed quiet, letting himself fall into the background as he took in everything everyone was saying. He was trying to avoid being used again, and he was almost sure that that would happen if he took up Warbird's offer. So that was a strong nope there. Yeah, no. Hell, it seemed everyone was hopping on the hopeful train.

"And what about the telepath that brought us all together? Where are they at, and what role do they play in it? They name dropped all of us, and we're supposed to turn into some super secret team?" He pointed out, taking the cautious approach. He'd be the devil's advocate if need be. "What if they know more about us than they let on? What if they turn out to be the real threat here?" His gaze swept over everyone carefully, expression far more grown up than it should be. "I've gotten burned one time too many to just have faith in what anyone else thinks is a good idea."

He didn't want to have his trust betrayed again. He really couldn't handle it again. Not after all the shit he'd been through with Harvey. "Doing what's right for everyone has a good ring to it, but is that truly what's going on here? Or are we going to just be used by someone else?" He asked calmly.

"I was only at that rally to restock my emergency fund and get my life back into my control." He spoke calmly. "I'm not sure if joining a squad of people dead set on achieving justice qualifies as 'under control'. And until I know what variables I'm working with, I'm not sure about my answer."

Reactions: Gands

Well you impressed some at least. Marrow thinks looking around for the reactions of others to her bone claws with Warbird coming up to examine them. Marrow smirks and turns her wrist slowly.

"That's the idea. Haven't met a punk yet who will see a bone pop out of someone's skin and stick around. Even had one puke and run." She answers Warbird rather proudly.

The others talk, Marrow breaks off those bone claws and at the knuckle and tosses them into a wastebasket. That'll be a fun surprise for housekeeping.

Charlotte turns on the charm and a little of the waterworks; Marrow almost feels sorry for her but Jenna lays into her. If they were supposed to be some kind of team, those two might be the hardest to get on cordial terms.

The woman Warbird had called Star Queen sets the record straight. Air Force, Kree Starforce(whatever that is) and not just The Avengers, but she had been at the battle too. That battle only heard about piecemeal because for such a huge event, it had happened too quickly and too intense for a single news crew to get footage. Definitely leader material there.

The decoder rings bit gets her to smile. An old idea that calls into question how old the Captain was. After saying her part, the woman looks almost accusingly at Shepard while wondering what was next. Had they met before?

Warbird does her proper introduction to everyone and demonstrates her apparent gravity powers. Marrow knows just enough about gravity to be aware of how powerful that can be. The can could have been a person, easily.

So the blonde and the redhead are a couple heavy hitters.

Shepard gives a rousing speech and further leads Marrow to believe he and Captain Marvel knew each other since they had been at the same battle. Then again it was a huge battle.

"No offense to you Warbird, but I don't do tights, so that's a hard pass for me." Marrow says to Warbird of her pitch. Even if whoever had brought them together couldn't make a compelling reason for them to be the new Avengers, she wasn't about to abandon her band to be a Youtube star. Between her and Scarlet Spider subtly (and not so subtly) refusing the offer it was clear this would be a wash for Warbird.

Thunderbird and Gloom raise good questions and repeat others said before.

"Well?" Marrow asks of nobody currently in the room looking around for anything that might be a camera. "We gonna meet you anytime soon? Cause I don't have all day whoever you are. I have to catch the next bus back to New York!" She snaps her fingers repeatedly. "Come on!"

Charlotte Kim aka Banshee

Charlotte did not appreciate Jenna's words. NOT. AT. ALL. Sure, she understands the young girl was a telepath though was it really necessary to air out all her dirty laundry? Fuck no. Her chocolate brown eyes looked lethal when she stared at Jena, a Cheshire smile painting her lips. There is no fucking way she's going to let some little shit disrespect her.

The Asian woman was momentarily snapped out of her thoughts when more discussion ensued. Shepard gave a somewhat inspiring speech though Charlotte was not buying any of his bullshit. When Shepard tried to subtly threaten her, she only rolled her eyes and looked at her nails, noting that she needs to go to a nail salon this weekend.

Once everyone voiced out their opinion about her and the situation they're in, Charlotte found herself in the spotlight once again. She completely understood that almost no one trusted her, which made this whole situation, even fun.

"Well, I'm sure most of you want me to leave." Charlotte voiced out, the sweet act now gone as she let her true colors show. "But that only makes things more interesting isn't it? Consider me, the black sheep of this little superhero group of yours. I'm only here just for fun... and perhaps to redeem myself and make friends. Who knows? Maybe I'm here to plant little seeds of doubt in your hearts~ Either way..."

Stretching her limbs and letting herself fully relax in a room full of doubters, Charlotte headed behind the bar and started mixing her drink: an apple martini. "...for god knows what reason, I'm here because of that stupid little voice. Either you want me in or out, I don't care. I'm staying"

Done making her drink, she then took a sip and moaned. "This is a good martini. Oh and Jenna?"

Be very careful, darling.
Charlotte telepathically conveyed to the girl, her Cheshire smile showing once again. A guard of yours used to be a client of mine. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Ring any bells? Anyway, he was great in bed ~ Oh and you have no idea how easy for me to make him talk~

"Ah but don't worry sweet little Jenna~"
Charlotte mused, her voice sweeter than ever as she took yet another sip. "I'll save your secrets for some other time. Don't want that beloved dead nurse of yours rolling over her grave, am I right?"

Finally done with the girl and her drink, Charlotte looked at the rest of the group. "So, what's the plan? Are we staying here or are we going to a secret hideout? Because I want to rest my feet and these expensive shoes are starting to hurt my pretty toes."

As more people discussed their situation and potential Jenna did her best to listen.
Captain Mar Vell clarified( still some internal hero gushing about the one time Avenger inside young Jenna). Warbird earnestly made her announcement. Charlotte just made me so angry! I am going to need help after the dust settles from this meeting. "

With that she gives him the gesture she saw the African people give at the battle in his head... The crossed arms of Wakanda forever. The she retreats out of his head.

The next three all have interesting questions but Jenna isnt paying a lot of attention.. Certain though that the other, powerful telepath was in fact listening.

Charlotte spoke again... This the Jenna could tell by her emotions that she was really angry. But unlike Shepard, she had no desire to see the inside of Charlottes head again.

"I am sorry Miss Warbird, I bet you put on a terrific show... But my abilities are too hard to tell when I am using them. "

Aside from accidently leaving her telepathy on for a bit with Andromeda and Verona, she doesnt leave it on, it's simply to tiring in her near exhausted state. Now, she thinks Andi & Verona with their merged mind can contact her without Jenna using her own abilities.. It very much excited her.
She though shapeshifter Ray was cool. Shepard made his speach but seemed worried.

Jenna risked a little more of her dwindling personal energy to reach out to him when he finished.

{ telepathic to Shepard only } She appears in his mind-} " I can tell you are worried and I am sorry about that. I knew you fought with the Avengers to save earth. You and everyone who was there were heroes. Of course I am curious and would like to know more. But I am too tired now and it wouldnt be right without your permission.

Scarlet ( Jenna felt very fondly of Andi & Verona right now) made her position clear. Jackson and James had questions. Her friend Marrow seemed to be loosing her patience now.

Then Charlotte spoke. Uggh, Jenna could feel the fury rolling off the young woman. That being said...Jenna had no deep desire to return to Charlottes head any time soon.

Stifulling a yawn, Jenna waited politely for Charlotte to finish.

"I know some of you are worried about what I might do or might have done with my powers. I apologize Charlotte for doing a deep scan without your permission... That was an accident. I came to this..place after getting away from a bad situation. I am excited, happy to have met you all.. Even Charlotte.. Who is a good person somewhere down deep inside. But with all that, I am scared too. Far from what had been my home, tired, without resources. The one person who cared for me gone. The vast majority of people I have met today would be just as happy doing terrible things to me. I come here with the same desires some of you have, to do the right thing...But part of me is really nervous"

She sits down near Ray and Scarlet leaning against the couch.

Carol's arms slowly draw across one another over her chest as she watches the group. Hidden eyes swerve delicately between Charlotte and Jenna… there's something there between them. Even blunt Carol is sharp enough to sense some tension. And now… Charlotte almost has the feel of the cat that had just came across the canary, and there is no more canary. That grin of hers while she looks in Jenna's general direction.
She's been in enough under the radar operations to recognize when someone has ill intent towards another. She saw it all the time on the faces of Starforce as they were to go to battle.

She looks down now towards the floor in front of her, and her minds go through many different scenarios. She likes where this could head. She doesn't like where it is now. Something with potential to do real good deserves to be nurtured. As the others talk then, Carol's right hand moves to her opposite gauntlet. Glancing around the room to get the range of her scan right… 2 distinct blips form on her gauntlet's screen. She taps both of them, and then she makes eye contact (even though hers are technically hidden) with Shepard and Thunderbird. Her hands fall to her sides then and she takes a step forward, clearing her throat.

"Okay, I'm not the commander of this little circus troupe"
she motions to Shepard and then Thunderbird "that's on you two fellas. Congrats." She says with a wink "I'm not the commander, but this once I'm going to lay it out for all of you. So listen close." this will definitely not be the last time she bosses them around. Might not even be the last time in the next few minutes! "We're gonna move this party to somewheres else. You fellas" once more a gloved hand raises and she motions to Shepard and Thunderbird "Prolly know good places we can hang out until some of the heat dies down. So that's your job, get all of these kids to safety." She motions to the rest of the group.

"And" yep, didn't even go a few minutes without bossing others around again. She looks between Jenna and Charlotte as she speaks "You two get out whatever nastiness is between you and leave it in this room." She points to Jenna "you make sure that mental jibber jabber WAS an accident and won't happen again. Super rude to poke around other people's minds. I. Will. Not. Tolerate. It." Her last few words seem angry. To say she's had bad experience with being mind-frelled would be an understatement. "Just keep it under control, okay sweety?" She nods to Jenna. She then looks towards Charlotte, at first pointing to her… and then her hands fall to her hips as she speaks. "I was warned you were gonna do something dumb at the rally. And then you did something dumb at the rally. Then you were told to come here, just like the rest of us chumps." Briefly she motions to the room, her hands then returning to her hips. "So you got a place here for now. What happens next is your call, okay? Treat us well, and you'll get that back. But if any" she now makes sure to make eye contact with each and every person in this room "try to harm another, I will not hesitate to make you pay. I swear on all I hold dear. Thanos couldn't hurt me in a fight, so don't go thinking any of you others are anything in the same space sector as me in regards to power. I'm the heavy hand here, and I will bring that hand down on anyone that gets out of line." Her tone speaks of truth, of sincerity. She looks back to Charlotte "Bein the black sheep is kinda fun, just don't overdo it okay?" That particular sentiment was suddenly a friendly one.

When she made her threat, she wasn't speaking to just Charlotte. She was speaking to everyone. Something with potential to do real good deserves to be nurtured. And being petty in such a small group is to invite disaster.

"So that being said."
She turns now, and starts for the door. "I've hacked into your comms systems" she looks over her shoulder towards Shepard and Thunderbird, as if announcing hacking their systems was no big deal. To her and the Kree tech she possesses, it wasn't. "So I'll know where you are. Get them out, get them to someplace safe. I'll be behind you. I'll be watchin your six. We were spotted by some drones… so I'm expecting trouble."

Getting to the door, she turns now, her hands once more on her hips.
"We all in agreement? You all understand what is happening here? You're in all the way, or not at all. You want out, you don't go with Shepard and Thunderbird. Still want in? Then you're in." She says with a nod, her mohawked hair swaying a little.

Shepard

In all honesty Shepard wasn't expecting everyone in this room to sign up to save the world. Given some of the stuff he heard and learned from intelligence gathering a career in heroics can be a hellish existence for those who take that path. He wasn't trying to convert everyone with that speech but gauge how they react to such a proposition. It gives him a little more information to work with and hoped at least were some were willing.

It didn't take long for James Proudstar to express his opinion about the whole matter nor hold back his questions. Such an observation was one of many traits of the Apache that Shepard appreciated from him.

In the back of his mind, Shepard admitted to himself. None of us are rich like Stark was. However, there is a way but I need to convince General Okoye first. That's going to be a tough sell. Hopefully their king will be open to the possibility.

Keeping such ponderings to himself, the uncover Wakandan instead answered his partner.

"Resources and the other measures can be arranged James. As for such a team's purpose it should be to bring together a group of remarkable people that can become something more."

Jackson seemed to be the less willing to join up with a cause and did he raise some good questions about the voice. Could it be a trap or something else sinister? In his line of work Shepard somewhat understood that once trust and faith is broken it is not easily repaired if at all. Scarlet Spider revealed her connection to Spider Man and her willingness to join which was most welcomed if true. He nodded in gratitude to her.

Hopefully Jackson will find a worthy path if not this one. As for Marrow she instead looked around the room for where the mystery voice could be hiding after her crazy bone display. If it were only that simple. Shepard thought to himself.

Ray was keeping his cards to the chest for the time being. The secret operative respected that though it made his own effort in trying to figure out the shapeshifter a little more difficult. Further observation if possible will be required.

When Jenna did that warrior salute, Shepard pretended that he did not notice it all. In his mind it was a different story entirely. Young one you have much to learn about subtlety. Nonetheless I appreciate that you are restraining yourself now. Concluding that mental conversation he turned to the others.

Charlotte's next performance was annoying to say the least but not unexpected. In a similar manner she treated his little speech earlier he yawned at her. If it wasn't for the fact of what she had done back at the rally he would've found the whole thing amusing.

She is hardly the next Loki, that's for damn sure. Still can't afford to underestimate her nor the others.

Suddenly Captain Marvel demanded attention by clearing her throat and immediately elected him and James Proudstar to be in charge of this would be team. Ancestors what did I just get myself into? He couldn't get a single word in as the alien hybrid kept bossing them around despite her claim of not being a leader.

Of course Marvel's threat to lay down the law on any troublemakers wasn't an idle one. He vividly recalled her clash with Thanos. Pulling back the concealed flashbang Shepard nodded. Subsequently the captain informed him and James that she just hacked into their communication systems like it was no big deal before mentioning that drones detected them.

Suppressing a sigh, Shepard knew it was time to leave. He didn't tell the others to make their choice to go with them or not since Captain Marvel already did. Gesturing for those willing to go he went out the door after Marvel. Drawing his sidearm the operative led the way in a hurried pace before sending a silent signal to the SLU about their situation and requesting support.

Within twenty minutes the group(whoever chose to go with the 'new team') were out in the back way. Meanwhile they would hear the sound of metal getting ripped apart. The unknown drones were in trouble. Shepard grinned to himself, when a green van came into the left side and stopped in front of them. Opening the side door, the operative let the others get in while he stood guard over them.

Once that was done Shepard followed suit, closing the door behind him and telling the driver to get moving. A moment later the van sped off into the night away from the hotel.

Last edited: