1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
In no particular order: Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Magical, Romance, anime, comic books, cartoons, video games..
Last edited:
SHEPARD

Malusi would be the first to admit he can be quite blunt. It came with his upbringing in a family of warriors from Wakanda and experience from years in covert operations overseas. James, you have a good heart, but asking politely in the middle of a crisis is not an option right now. Shepard thought, watching his young partner head for Carol. Of course Shepard didn't waste time saying so out-loud and instead focus on the others. Whatever thought of the tone of the demand they all in one way or another agreed to help.

Nodding in newfound respect Shepard busy himself as well. He gestured and directed protesters toward the nearest exits off the street and lifted up one or two who collapsed to the ground. Soon enough he heard the police loudspeakers issuing their directive for all to leave now or be arrested. Quietly observing the premier already by the cops Shepard knew they will not hesitate carry out their orders.

Suddenly he noticed Marrow carrying a young teenager in her arms and heading him. Without hesitation Shepard rushed to meet them halfway, pushing and shoving his way through. Taking Jenna in his arms, he whispered. "We're getting you out of here miss."

Just as he said those words, the Wakandian heard a loud pop nearby followed by panicked screams. Alarmed, Shepard turned toward the direction of the shot. Immediately he saw AJ Collode on the ground and a green skinned mutant with a gun being beaten and restrained by the authorities. Horrified the operative knew what this meant and holding Jenna tightly turned around and rushed toward the Acadia House to get her inside.

During the run through the terror-stricken masses, Shepard couldn't help but wondered bitterly. Is this what we fought for all those years ago? To destroy ourselves instead of letting Thanos do it himself?

Strange enough the operative felt like he pulled out of his body. Before Shepard could even register what was going on a gentle and saddened voice spoke through his mind. The words that followed gotten his full attention. While agreeing with the sentiment about evil, extremists and Avengers being gone he was surprised at what followed. Jaw dropped in shock Shepard realized what the voice was implying...Form the next avengers!

Soon instructions to head for a nearby hotel came followed by images of the specific room where they a group of mostly relative strangers are supposed to meet. Yet it was the last part of being a key that shocked him the most. What does that even mean? Whatever it meant Shepard refused to ignore the message. He wanted answers, and this seemed the best option to follow.

As soon as the voice fell silent and the strange sensation cease Shepard entered the Acadia House. Leaving Jenna to the care of a nurse he went the back way while messaging his fellow agents scatter and stay low for the time being. Except for James. "Thunderbird we got business to take care of. Meet me at the rendezvous point."

Following this, he came to the hotel as directed sometime later. After entering the establishment and taking a different elevator Shepard reached the top floor. Making his concealed weaponry was in place just in case of trouble as he walked down the hallway, directly for the room showed in his mind earlier.

Last edited:
  • According to Plan
Reactions: Gands
Ray had helped get people going but unfortunately his rather unorthodox style of evacuating people had bit him in the ass. As he yelled for people to get going he turned to see the man he had mimicked. He glared at Ray and though they had the same face and body they did not act the same "So uh.......we look great right?" He earned a punch and stepped back "You mutie bastard you taking my face now!?" As for what he did to this man personally Ray hadn't a clue, or maybe it was the fact that he took his identity without even trying. Sighing he faded into the crowd with ease taking another face as a voice spoke over his mind.

Blinking slightly did the young man actually realize what happened
"Has to be the first time i have heard a voice up there that i didn't recognize. Huh....." Looking around not many people were left that were peacefully protesting anymore. The rest were brawling and trying to kill one another. Shifting into his German Shepard again he fled from the area acting the frightened dog fleeing from the loud noises. Stopping he was standing in front of a hotel he recognized from his mental image. He had to admit, not the worst place to meet in. He walked in and smelt that strange agent guy from before. Must've been here a few minutes ago. As he walked in the man at the desk stood up "You okay there big guy?" As he walked over a treat in hand he looked around and gave the dog a treat "Come on big boy" he said in a rather ridiculously high pitch almost babying voice. God he would never say it in this form but he hated that. He may be a dog but that doesn't stop him from taking a chunk from his leg. As he waited for the man to leave him be he enjoyed the treat 'Bacon flavored, good choice' He said to himself.

Once the desk dude left to look through his book and ask people who the dog belonged to Ray was moving. Walking to the Elevator he nudged the button he smelt the agent guy had pushed. And when he got out of the elevator he walked through the halls. Looking around he stopped at a door. Sitting he started pawing at it wanting to be let in not knowing if anyone was watching him. Wanting to keep the act of a loyal and intelligent dog up in case a curious person was watching through the hotel security cameras.

Last edited:
Thunderbird

James watched only for a moment as Red Sox fan blew him off nicely. Her attention was clearly elsewhere. He spotted the backside of a woman in a black hoodie. She was running on the wrong side for pro accord, with a wisp of purple hair flying out from behind her hood. Black jeans and expensive fancy shoes completed her outfit. She had been briefly stopped next to a short stocky man who seemed to wear a perpetual get off my lawn face.

Red Sox fan stops too and she & the short angry looking man stare at each other for a moment. Then a trio of cops. Red Sox woman wasn't having any of it. He stopped for a moment to take a picture of Logan. Then as Carol was preparing to take off, he did too. Then the pop and the massive police coverage. James knows a gunshot when he hears one. Moving quickly back towards the house now. It is about this time he gets the massive telepathic message. It is in fact something he isn't used to, so it does take him a moment or two to wrap his mind about it. He, like his boss Shepard, gets the idea behind it though. One of the things he does is count the names. He recognizes Sarah and Jenna as the two young women near him by the desk earlier.

He moved along the side of the house, behind the pair of cops now guarding the entrance over by the now deserted desk. He finds Jackson there by the door bent with a hand on the concrete. On instinct, in a soft voice to Jackson / Gloom.

" I think you should come with me kid. If I guess right, you got that message like I did. My name is James. I am going into the house to get a couple of the girls and head to the place in the message."

James takes a moment to send two texts. The first to Uncle Nick…

"{Hey Uncle Nick. I missed that girl, just my luck. Things getting ugly here and she took off. Speaking of ugly, she and this guy had a brief staring contest. [send logan picture]. Might be my imagination, but I had vision in my head of a place. Heading there now. More relatives probably. Seize the day ! }"

Second text to Shepard

"{On my way, bringing some guests, they are on the invitation}"

Then he puts his phone away and heads inside, hopefully followed by young Jackson. He passes a couple of his security team and talks quietly & briefly to them. He is all business now. He stops to get a duffel bag from a room and heads to where Jenna and Sarah are. Hopefully, Jackson still nearby. He talks briefly and quietly to a Nurse, who has given something to Jenna. She seems better but not entirely with it yet. He hands the three of them a matching set of medium gray hoodies.

"Please put these on. Miss Sarah, if those horns shrink or come off, I think that would be wise. Big brother has drones with high power cameras, and I think we'd rather not be spotted for now. This isn't the right moment. Also, please help Jenna with hers too. "

He looks at Jackson, making sure he got the message.

Meanwhile he removes his jean jacket, shirt and baseball cap, throwing them into the duffel. He puts on a slightly darker grey, lightly armored outfit. There are a few patches. One a Captain America Shield on his left shoulder. On his right shoulder, a bright blue slightly glowing patch that would be a symbol for Iron Man's Arc Reactor. Over his heart, a simple blue native American Thunderbird symbol. One his right leg there is a completely covered scabbard for something not quite a sword. There are normally holsters for pistols, but he isn't wearing them yet. Over his head a gray do-rag skull cap colored in the basic design of Cap's shield. Finally, a pair of fancy looking sunglasses. This doesn't take him long at all.

"You three ready? " He doesn't wait long for any answers, taking his duffel bag and heading away. While waking away from where he found Sarah and Jenna, he puts on a matching grey hoodie of his own.

"Sarah, please play rear guard, Jenna, you behind me, then you, young fella."

It doesn't take long to find his big ugly refurbished army truck in the parking lot across the street. It looks to be from the 1960's by it's style. There is a back seat and a 7-foot bed with a large truck box. He starts it up, putting in a mix of old music on the radio He heads to the hotel, heading up the elevator. Which as it lets off the odd German shepherd, heads back down to pick up our little group.

Inside the Elevator, he pulls out a money clip from a hidden pocket. He hands them each a small wad of $20 bills ($100 each) and a business card. On the back he writes his address on each one.

"If this goes sour somehow, get out and make your way there. There is food, an extra bedroom and a couch. Tomorrow maybe we can go back to Acacia house. "

The name on the card is James Proudstar SLU Life Counselor.

Reactions: Soverign
Jackson Cardenas • The Magician Gloom

Jack was starting to get scared, the crowd in a frenzy that he couldn't hope to influence anymore. People weren't falling into his illusions, or at least following the targets they perceived. Gunshot. He recognized that sound a little too well. All of this was pressing close to too much for the young man. Then he felt so out of it he couldn't process the world around him. A singular voice. Images of a destination had him wondering if he'd gotten himself tangled in his own tricks, though the fact that it was unfamiliar to him at least clarified it for him. He was forcing himself to take deep breaths. He had to drop his darkness, everything was too much.

...another group must step into the circle of light...

"Fuck the light, it gives me a headache..." He grumbled and brought a hand up to rub his eyes. And that was when he looked up over rose colored glasses at the guy standing over him, bright red eyes fading back into their usual brown. He recognized him, which was the sole thing that prevented him from going into his knee-jerk reaction to get back and keep distance. "Okay." Standing up straight was a sheer force of will as the white cloudiness of a migraine finally slipped into his brain. He trailed along behind James, forgetting to introduce himself in the process. Keeping one foot in front of the other was enough of a task.

He was already working on moving his stolen cash to more secure points on his person, trained hands keeping the movements casual and money hidden. Even being out of it with his migraine, the precision was there. And once inside, calm and safe, what a thought, the young man gravitated to the dimmest corner of the room, keeping an eye on where James moved and briefly noting who he talked to. He saw the multiple sweatshirts get pulled out, but he knew the need for a costume well enough, and was already extracting himself from his white sweatshirt by the time James handed him his. He stuffed his sweatshirt down into his bag. His backpack was protectively held between his legs, the strap looped around his foot in order to prevent any snatch-and-run attempts. Not like he was expecting it, not in the Arcadia House of all places, but it was second-nature for him to do it anyways. Better safe than sorry.

He either didn't notice or didn't care enough to pick away the couple little pieces of straw that stubbornly clung to the orange t-shirt he was wearing. It was part of a loosing battle at the circus and he hadn't exactly gone through the processing that made him realize that straw wasn't going to just appear in the corners of his life and continuously get on his clothes anymore. Instead he just shrugged on the new clothing, put his backpack on again, and followed James out without another word. And if he was a bit sheepish when he realized that the horned woman from before was the one following behind him, his silence was at least typical to the familiar faces around him.

For a short moment, he hesitated getting into the truck. He hadn't been in anything other than a train in years.

He felt even more out of his comfort zone when they made their way into the hotel. The fact that James was handing them money, the fact that he was giving them an out in case this went bad, he wasn't sure what to really think of the guy. The sweatshirt, though. There was no way in hell Jack was planning on returning it. It was comfy and it was his. End of story.

He memorized the address and slid the cash into another pocket of his jeans. His gaze flicked over the scene, sharp and alert, taking in the details around the room. He was cautious of the food, not sure what the point was to all of this. A voice drew them all in, so who was really pulling the strings here? What were their real motives?

Again he found himself gravitating towards a dim corner. His back was protected and he could keep an eye on who all was in the room. It was a safety thing. Better for his headache, too.

It seemed that a couple people had already hit the snack tray. No one was acting drugged yet, from what he could tell. Maybe it would be safe to grab something. Target a food tray that had already been taken from, just in case, though.

Strawberries.

Target acquired.

He easily drifted over to the tv seating area, the show some kind of memorable white noise that he couldn't really place off the top of his head. He flashed a small smile to the girl guarding the chocolate covered strawberries. "I'm filing for joint custody." He quipped as he snagged a few from the tray.

Reactions: Soverign and Gands

"Hey! Badge Guy or whatever your name is!" Marrow yells to get the man's attention when Jenna points him out to her. The man meets them halfway, and she hands her off to him.

"Jenna here says-" Marrow is interrupted by the gunshot and the resulting panic that ensues. Marrow ducks, looks around, sees people converging where she had last seen AJ Collode standing on his soapbox and doesn't try to hide her hopeful smile when through all the officers she spies AJ clutching his stomach, blood all over his hands.

"Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy." She says then her attention shifts to another commotion: not seeing that the green mutant had likely been the shooter, all Marrow sees is mutant being beaten by police and she tenses up again.

"Bastards.." Marrow takes one step toward that commotion, ready to fight for that mutant's life no matter how many badges were involved.

But the telepathic message comes to her. Some kind of call to arms, from someone who has been watching them apparently.

"Symbols of justice..." Marrow repeats aloud looking at the scene she had just been ready to put herself into. The police were arresting him, taking him away.

Maybe if I become an Avenger, I can do more for my people. My moment I had come here for is gone, but this could be my next even bigger chance. Someone better not get in my way again.

Marrow lets that injustice go for now and follows the badge man into the Acadia House. Judging by the look on his face, she assumes he had just received the same message. Which name belonged to him? Was he James? She hadn't gotten a real good look at that badge earlier after all. She remains with Jenna when she is given to the care of a nurse, and is bit surprised when another man closer to her age comes in, gives them some discrete clothing and instructions. She doesn't like being told what to do, but she supposes its better to go along to get along at this point.

"Alright, but you're holding onto my jacket. Nice jacket yourself, by the way." Marrows tells James taking off her leather jacket and tossing it into his duffel bag as he also changes out. She looks at the kid from earlier but says nothing while thinking Doesn't look like an Avenger. But then I probably don't either.

"This part always sucks...." Sarah says in response to the guy saying her horns need to be done away with. She turns away from the others in the room, grabs her horns, and snaps them off. The skin heals over the wounds instantly, and the horns are hollow things she leaves on a counter and assumes her spot at the rear of the group for their exit.

"Shotgun." Marrow says and takes the passenger seat of the truck. Nobody makes small talk during the ride. That's fine for Sarah; it lets her think about what's next.

An Avenger. Going around the world, kicking ass and making headlines. Will I have time to keep The Morlocks going? Probably not. Man that's going to be a hard talk with the guys that they have to put in for new lead vocalist and guitarist.

They arrive at the hotel, and Sarah still takes the rear of the group and tries to appear less conspicuous. One of the front desk people asks others if they have seen a German Shepard around.

Huh. Wasn't there that guy who could turn into a German Shepard at the rally?

In the elevator Sarah is very surprised when their guide, who hasn't even introduced himself as-yet, just gives them a hundred dollars and a card. Normally Sarah doesn't take hand-outs, but this was not a normal day. She reads the card, raises a brow.

"So...James Proudstar...SLU Life Counselor." Sarah reads from the card and looks aside at him. "Unless there's something more to you than muscle, you'll probably be the Hawkeye of this new team." She comments then gets off with the others.

"And...there's the dog." She says as they come closer to the room and see the badge guy from earlier come the other way.

The hotel suite they walk into is nice and all, and Sarah is surprised to see there are two people, women, waiting in costume; but she sees a table full of food and goes for that first of all, lightly guiding Jenna by the arm.

"Come on kid, we both need a top-off."

Sarah sits down at the table and loads down a plate with everything she can reach, pops open a can of Coke. People would say her table manners need some work with how voracious she goes at her plate; more so when she talks between bites.

"So...we got Scarlet Spider...I think you're uh...Warbird? From that Youtube series right? The shapeshifter, the..." She looks at Jackson and Jenna. "...a few kids...and you two." She points at Proudstar and Malusi. "Let me guess...you're both really SHIELD people right? They're the ones who brought the first Avengers together."

Charlotte Kim aka Banshee

Feeling Logan's hands on her shoulder, Charlotte looked at him with her chocolate brown eyes. The respect she held for him was like an aged cheese. It became stronger with age, more mature, more robust. Even if he's rough around the edges, he was unfailingly kind. She wanted to say thanks and tell him how much she appreciates him but she can't. Not when a blonde woman started making her way towards their spot.

Charlotte had seen the blonde woman before. She's the one who made things escalate earlier by flying off and scaring humans. Charlotte resisted the urge to scream at her. As much as she wanted to fight her right now, the screamer knew when to back down. She was certain she won't win a fight against her. Thus, giving Logan a nod, Charlotte started running away. She was a bit worried that Logan won't be able to win but she believes in him. After all, he's freaking wolverine! He's nearly an immortal being so she was certain he'll survive the fight.

The girl known as Banshee didn't get to run far when she felt her mind being probed once again but this time, it was not as painful as before. It was soothing, calm almost. She heard a voice calling her and giving the instructions that totally made her feel freaked out.

Unkown voice said:
~Evil resides everywhere we look. Even in those that think they are doing the right thing. That young man attacking with a gun… he thinks himself justified in murder. These sentiments exist everywhere… and such thoughts must be stood against. The Avengers, as we knew them, are gone. Now another group must step into the circle of light, standing against the encroaching evil of this world. And other worlds. Symbols of justice, symbols of what is best for your fellow man.
Jenna… Logan… Charlotte… Sarah… Jackson… Andromeda… James… Ray… Miriam... Carol… you are the keys to the future. Even if you do not believe it. I beg you, meet one another at the hotel. A suite on the top floor has been set aside for you all to use.~

Her mind couldn't think properly. Go to the hotel? what does that even mean? Not sure if she should follow the instruction, Charlotte decided to go with her gut feeling. She turned around and ran back to Logan, only to see him unscathed and with the blonde lady nowhere in sight.

"You okay?" Charlotte asked with hesitation in her voice, her eyes looking left and right. "I.. I know this sounds crazy but I heard a voice. It says.. we are the key to the future. I-I don't know, Logan. I might be going crazy. The voice said I...we... should go to the hotel. S-Should we go? Or should we just ignore it?"

"Whatever your decision is Logan, you have to promise me that I won't get caught. I.. I can't go to jail. Not when my mission is not yet done"

Last edited:
  • OMG
Logan/Wolverine

The staredown between Logan and the women coming towards him was a bit intimidating. All of logans instincts were saying that this was not a fight he would want, especially not with all these people here. They would make the news for sure and would just add to the hate they would receive. Logan would not let her get Charlotte though. As quickly though as it looked like it would start, it had all suddenly came to a stop. Before Logan knew it, the woman was speeding straight up and into the sky, leaving all of us down here in awe of her.

Logan looked around at all the people not staring in his direction. Trying to figure out why the super-powerful woman was staring him down. At that moment, Logan got a messaged. Not someone saying it to him out loud or right into his ear but through some sort of telekinetic way. He dropped to his knees as the message was strong and he could clearly make out what it was saying to him.

The message faded and Logan looked around to see Charlotte back in front of him. She was panicking a bit and apparently, received the same message as him. "Yeah, I got it too kid. Against my better judgment, we should check it out at least, see what we can do or what it is all about." Charlotte started in about not getting caught or going to jail. What mission did she have to complete? "I'll look out for ya. Don't worry." He patted her on the head and motioned her to get moving.

The hotel wasn't very far from the rally they were at so the walk was quick. He had a clear vision in mind of what floor to go to and the room he had to enter. Riding the elevator up, he looked down at Charlotte who seemed to be worrying more as we go. They walked down the hall and found the room. "Just stay behind me and stay close." Giving her a wink, he opened the door and walked in slowly. To his surprise, there were others already there.

Jenna Wyngarde

What Jenna remembered between Sarah picking her up and getting into James big pickup truck was all a little fuzzy. Then the hotel that the other telepath had directed them to.

In the elevator, James gave herself, Sarah and the quiet young man some cash and a business card. In case things went bad he had said. Jenna, with three dollars and change in her pocket gave a grateful thank you.

Then inside the room. She saw the girls in full superhero costume. She recognized each, Warbird from the you tube combat show and Scarlet Spider from the news. More than that, she felt the presence of something else with Scarlet, even as Sarah gently guided her to a food table. .

Food in fact was very welcome. Jenna grabbed up a sandwhich wrap & a fruit juice. She ate quickly, but not before giving Sarah a peck on the cheek in thanks.

"I'm going to go say hello to Scarlet Spider!"

She walked over to were Scarlet was sitting, wearing a small smile.

"Hello Miss Spider!, my name is Jenna!"

Even as she was saying that she tenatively reached out to what she thought might be another mind.

"Hello to you too! "

Shortly after, she was distracted by the arrival of Logan with the screaming girl. She made a little squeaky yelp while covering her ears. She ducked down between the two chairs where Warbird and Scarlet were sitting.

A jacket is tossed upwards from the surface of the moon. A leather jacket, one that is very old. And holds a ton of sentimental value. Does the jacket float away from the moon, or does it just hang there? Does it explode? Freeze and break?

The answer, apparently, is that none of that really happens. While standing on the surface of the moon, Carol had slipped her jacket off and kind of tossed it up a little. It rose up for a moment or so, and then very very slowly drifted back down towards the ground. Her body gives off enough warmth while powered on that the jacket won't freeze either. Carol's done some experiments on clothing in space. Makes for fun when she has downtime. And so most of the rest of her clothing followed suit, being tossed aside onto the ground. She wasn't terribly worried about privacy here.

She draws from the backpack her own uniform, it red and blue in color. She slips it on easily, her mind wandering as she does so. She loves just how… quiet… it is here. There's literally no sound. Save for her own breath. When she's feeling particularly frustrated, this is where she is known to come. There's only a handful of people on the whole planet of Earth that have the ability to follow her up here, to bother her here.

Carol zips up the uniform now, tugs on the gloves as she stares down at the readout on her forearm. Suit's all ready to go. She hops up and down a few times… going very high due to the low gravity… just to get used to the suit again. It's a little more snug than she remembers… well she doesn't like that.

With a thought, her helmet forms along her head. Gathering up her clothes, she puts them into the metallic backpack. Slinging it onto her back, she then starts to input some instructions into her readout panel. A moment or so later she hears the sound of a phone ringing in her helmet.

Kree communications are pretty top notch… and intuitive enough to be able to connect to any cell phone on planet Earth from the moon. 4 rings, and a frantic voice comes on the line.

'Carol? Carol is it you? Are you okay? Hello?!'

She has to smile a little at how worried/frustrated Monica's voice is over the phone. Carol speaks in a calmed tone as she pushes off the ground, her body glowing suddenly brilliantly. "Monica, Monica I'm fine. Breeeeeeathe." She says with a soft chuckle. Which Monica doesn't seem to appreciate.

'It isn't fine! Where are you? We saw you on TV! That guy attacked you, and then all the feeds was gone! ….. Are you in space? Did you go to space?'

Carol lets out a soft "pfffft.. No. Why would I?"

Immediately Monica retorts 'Are you SURE that isn't you entering the atmosphere I hear?'

Carol winces inwardly as she breaks through the atmosphere. Kree communications are pretty top notch… to the point you can hear things going on around the wearer's helmet too.

'Carol did you go get your suit? Are you gonna do something?'

Now Carol comes to a slow halt high in the sky, looking along the vast lands of the United States, of the eastern seaboard. "Listen sweety, I'm fine okay? A lot happened at the thing. I think more is still going on. I think I can help, or at least minimize whatever damage is comin." Her eyes drift up along the east coast as she hangs in the mesosphere. She hears Monica sigh over the line. "I'll contact ya later. I promise. I'll be careful." After a few moments hesitation.

'Okay... Just... just come home when you can, okay?'

Carol nods as she now begins her descent once more. "Roger wilco, lieutenant."

In her mind, Carol can still see the hotel shown to her. She still has a sense of where precisely it is. And she remembers there was a number of names bunched up there, aside from her own. So was that some kind of weird recruiting call? What happened after she took off at that rally? For now… she'll play ball. Until she can figure things out. She just has this feeling that there's more happening behind the scenes here… who has the kind of telelpathic power to tap her mind, and while she is heading through the stratosphere? Was it that girl from the rally… the one that 'painted' the shrieker for her? That doesn't feel right. The voice had a different kind of tone than the girl.

Carol is able to locate the hotel, even from her height. She circles high above it, looking for anything out of the ordinary. Nothing on the roof… no hovering drones outside. She now descends a bit more, zooming past the building itself. Judging by what the voice planted in her mind, she is able to spot which window should be the one. But the curtains are drawn… she can't see inside. But better… neither can anyone else. She comes to a halt in the air, looking across the ways from the hotel. If this is some kind of ill conceived trap, it won't be coming from surveillance across the way. Try as she might.. she sees nothing out of the ordinary.

And what does Carol do when she thinks something is a trap? Spring the trap, naturally.

Towards the roof she ascends, landing on it in a half crouch. She looks around the roof slowly, and walks towards what looks like a hatch. There we are… roof access. She leans down and grasps the handle, giving it a tug. Well of course, it's locked. She rolls her eyes under her helmet, and gives another yank. The whole of the hatch comes off its reinforced hinges, and she sets it gently aside. She'll have to remember to come back and fix it or something. But for now, she'll just keep it open. Nice escape route, just in case. She hops down into the hatch now, landing in what looks like a maintenance room…

Almost 4 minutes pass now, and she finds herself coming up to the door she saw in her head. She scans the perimeter of the doorway with her eyes, seeing nothing out of the ordinary. She holds her hand up, her palm facing up. Her suit scans beyond the door… multiple life forms. She from her palm and fingertips, a projection of the layout of the room and those inside is seen. It glows a soft blue. Most are humanoid… and a dog. Huh. Her hand lowers a little, seeing heat signatures on the door handle itself. Someone just entered (Logan and Charlotte). Her hand raises a little, giving her a projection of the scene inside. She narrows her eyes behind her helmet, and then glances over her shoulder. "Fine.." she sighs. Carol reaches out and grasps the doorhandle, opening slowly.

Logan and Charlotte are more than a few feet in front of her as she steps inside the room. Her hands in fists at her sides, she looks like she is ready to defend herself. Wisps of blue and white energy dance along her form, her head raised a little as she looks from person to person. The energy even causes her hair to sway a little (her hair now looking like a mohawk through her helmet). She recognizes some from the rally… including "Hey shrieker." she says casually with a little smirk on her lips. That's what Carol will call her for now, Shrieker. She doesn't attack, not like she was ready to before. No, if this is a trap she'll let them go at their own pace. And then have it blow up in their own faces. But if she sees the girl taking in a deep breath, Carol will act.

On first glance Miriam had assumed what Scarlet Spider was wearing had to be a suit made from a special material. Maybe it was nanotech, she wasn't tech-savvy enough to identify things just by looking at them.

How she was eating those strawberries was something else though. Miriam watches her discretely (she thinks) put a strawberry up to her mouth and it just slides in. Like it was passing through a membrane or something. Not gross but it was distracting her from the show. Raises so many questions. First and foremost how Miriam could get her hands on her own.

There was a scratching sound at the door that got both their attention. Miriam set her plate and drink on the coffee table.

"I'll get it." She says and goes to the door. Right away she looks at where a human would be standing and seeing nothing, lowers her gaze down to a dog.

"Why hey there pooch." Miriam lets the dog in and kneels down to be at eye level with him. "And who are you?" She asks in a babyish voice while stroking his neck and petting between his ears. "Are you some kind of telepathic dog? Are you Fido the Wonder Hound? Oh I bet even if you aren't you are still a good boy aren't you? Huh? Is you a good boy? Of course you are....you...are..." She stops petting and the smile that had been plastered over her face fades to a grimace. "...youuu...are a shapeshifter. The same one I saw at the rally." She groans and stands straight up again points down at him "You forget this happened, or I'm gonna take you to the vet." She makes a snipping motion with her fingers then looks and points at Scarlet Spider "And you forget you saw this or else I'm getting the biggest can of Raid they sell. Capiche?" She looks between the two for confirmation then resumes her spot on the couch.

Maybe minutes after that embarrassing moment that she hoped would soon fade from memory, others arrive. First to arrive was an older man she assumes to be African-American, and kind of recognizes from the rally as well, as one of those trying to get the situation under control. Then a quartet of people more her age, minus the younger girl who clings to the hothead who had tried to take on the armored goon. The guys she doesn't recognize, having not seen them before all the mayhem. The one with the really cool jacket though might need some more investigation. And same for the gruff-looking guy who comes in after them; Miriam hopes the attractive Asian girl and him aren't some kinda item.

"Yeah, Warbird, Queen of the Ring." Miriam beats her chest once in response to the Satan Punk going through everyone assembled so far. "And you were the one ready to duke it out in front of God and everyone." She clicks her tongue. "Would have loved to see what you could do. You know, even if it was not the smartest thing to do. Was probably the best thing Star Queen stepped in." She shrugs.

"Aand speak.of.the.Devil." Miriam says when said woman arrives just then. "If it isn't Star Queen herself!" Miriam approaches the older woman and extends her left hand for a shake. Something she hasn't done for anyone else so far, it might be observed by the others. Yeah the outfit was different, and the woman's face was concealed, but there was a certain energy that Warbird just picks up on regardless.

"Warbird, and I've been calling you Star Queen cause....I mean wow that light show you put on? Top notch! And love the costume, looks about as high tech as Scarlet's over there." She points behind with her right thumb at Scarlet Spider.

SHEPARD

This feels more like an impromptu get-together than a meeting. Noted Malusi once inside, watching how it all starts to enfold. On one hand the antics of Scarlet Spider and Jackson eating chocolate strawberries while the tv played was quite entertaining. On the other them being so young made him if they were ready for the task laid before by the mysterious voice. Crossing both arms across his chest, he briefly examined the two of them.

The girl obviously took some form of inspiration from Spider-Man judging by the outfit. But the suit seemed...different in more ways than one. It wasn't vibranium he was certain but something else entirely.

Now as for Jackson he had the appearance of a typical wild youth found commonly in the western world. Although Shepard had a feeling there was more to the latter than let on.

He ran for from the bigots, being accused as a mutant and they pursued him. Whoever denounced this boy must've known he was one somehow. That begs question what the hell was a mutant doing inside that kind of crowd?

Next Shepard's eyes glanced over to Miriam, but made sure to not stare too long. His well trained observation gave the operative an impression that the red-haired woman was some kind of street fighter. She had the build and eyes of one. Similarly, with Marrow, though it was augmented with those bone like features she had. He did not doubt had those had been used as weapons beforehand.

Once the dog entered Shepard took a good guess it is the shapeshifter from earlier. The mutant appears to prefer the animal guise. When thinking about it can draw less attention to one's self when used properly. Either that reason or the shapeshifter does it for amusement. A combination of both perhaps? Shepard silently wondered, adding a new question to the ever growing mental list.

The way Marrow boldly addressed people and labeling many of them, revealed some more details to the undercover Wakandan. She is certainly confident. Likely to the point of being reckless. Then again those with a warrior's spirit face kind of temptation within them he remembered. If this one developed martial discipline there would be greater potential with her as a fighter.

When addressed by the typically horned girl as being part of SHIELD, Malusi had to resist the urge to snort while keeping a straight face. Unlike the mentioned organization, the war dogs of Wakanda remained successfully hidden from the public at large. King T'Challa may have revealed the kingdom and its technology to the rest of the world years ago but that dosen't mean he gave away all their secrets. Instead, he replied to Marrow with the southern accent.

"I am what I need to be."

Leaning on a nearby wall next to the sofa Shepard nodded to James Proudstar with subtle approval. Well done. While he didn't personally approve of bringing young Jenna after being injured in the riot but it seemed the Voice must've draw her to this room too like the others present. When Shepard raised an eyebrow at the poor girl's panicked reaction to two newest strangers. Suspicion filled his soul, nevertheless he maintained a calm exterior, pretending to pay no more of it. Soon however, the act faltered when the newly named 'Star Queen' arrived in a new uniform.

Closing his jaw that opened with utter shock he subsequently watched the self confessed alien causally call Charlotte...shrieker. Realization hit Shepard, the one who did, that sonic scream within the crowd was right in front of him! Naturally his first instinct would be to draw his gun especially remembering how injured Network was back there. Yet the African restrained himself from any outward signs of aggression. The voice guided this screamer and her friend here for a reason and so it would be best to find out why first.

Clearing his throat, the operative walked toward the center of the room in front of everyone saying with a raised left hand. "Before anyone gets too excited, let's stop for a moment and consider why we're here." Looking around the people in the room he next stated. "We all heard a certain voice it seems. One that brought us all together in spite of what just happened at the Acadia House."

Pausing to make sure the others were paying attention the agent went on. "I am Shepard, with the SLU. Anyone else beside Warbird and Scalet Spider want to introduce themselves? For the record it doesn't have to be real names for obvious reasons." A grin flashed surfaced from Shepard, upon the last comment/jest.

Last edited:
Ray had sat there and when the women opened the door he had to say.....he found it hilarious. Yes the tone was the classic higher pitch and it was annoying. But her realization made it worth it. On his canine features he had smiled and tilted his head innocently. However what interested him as he entered the room was the one in the amazing suit. He trotted over near the couch by Warbird and let the slightest of chuckles escape him "Don't worry secrets i can keep. But i wouldn't mind more head rubs" He joked

But as people began arriving he curled up by the couch and just watched. Reading what he could from others. But what he found was he wasn't alone in this task. As some introduced themselves the African agent seemed to be studying everyone. Even catching the agent's eyes looking at him as he found a comfortable place It may be good someone like him is here. Try and keep the order i guess But as he finished his thought there were arrivals he didn't anticipate.

The Alpha, the one he saw glow and take off like a rocket arrived in completely new attire. In truth she seemed fit for battle. If one happened here he doubted many would be able to escape or go uninjured. But the second arrival held his gaze for longer. She had entered with someone escorting her. The young girl who was speaking with the spider had noticed and even yelped in fear. He wanted to protect the seeming innocent girl. But he huffed pushing the feeling away for now I know i want to protect people but you don't even know them He stopped his inner chastising to double check his memory as he smelt the air Same hair, same scent. Can't be anything else but the screamer or shrieker gall Staying where he was he felt the tension in the air but hadn't wanted to be the knife that cuts it. Once that is done its hard to bring someone to sense with adrenaline in their veins.

When the agent introduced himself as Shepard and had suggested to think why they were brought here it had been a question Ray should've been thinking about. In truth he hadn't asked why. Well, not in depth but just went. Hoping to find out why when he got the the hotel.

As introductions go he didn't want to go. Who does when your a room full of strangers and you only met at a rally ending in violence. With the trigger to it being in the same room. But he got up and stood by the agent. Shifting into the leather jacket wearing young man
"Hi.....I'm Ray. I can shapeshift and other stuff. I can shapshift on visuals or if i make minimal physical contact i can copy over mental information as well as shapeshift" As if not knowing on how to end his introduction he quickly shifted back into his German Shepard form and returned to his spot beside the couch. He panted slightly as he didn't like group speaking, his body warm from nerves and slight anxiety.

James Proudstar aka Thunderbird

In the Elevator up, Sarah mentioned to him he might only be the Hawk eye of this group. He smiled widely at that. He remembered meeting Clint Barton, Avenger, Archer and trained assassin once. His commander at shield at the time allowed him a few days to train with the legend. In his own mind Clint Barton would never be equaled in Archery by himself. But he felt better about his skills after the few days spent with Clint Barton, Avenger (retired).

He bent down to his big dufflebag, making sure Sarah saw what he was doing as he pulled out the folded composite bow, unfolded it for her.

" I met him once, a good man, they let me train with him a few days, he's retired now you know. "

He then folds the bow back up & puts it away.

They get to and go into the room then. At that point not everyone is there yet. He gets a good look and a scent from the two girls. War-Bird has that kind of ... go ahead, screw with me kind of face. At ease and confident. A warrior. Really not so different from Sarah.
Scarlet Spider he's heard about ( sadly he doesn't do much computer time, so no you tube for him ) But with her, there is a strange addition to her human scent.. He'd have to investigate that later. The young man who was leaking icky black stuff into the sidewalk cracks is now lurking in a corner.

Little Jenna he brought with him, and only now really looks at her. She seems close to Sarah now a smallish girl with bright eyes. He notices that she has price tags on her clothing. Another thing he'll have to look into. As he is watching her she makes a squeak and ducks behind Scarlet . This as the short grumpy man comes in with purple hair screaming girl. James becomes tense and his body language shows it. Grumpy short man's own body langues seems to show wariness but not so much aggression. This decreases Jame's own tension quite a bit. Screaming girl is very nervous, but even by scent, grumpy man is not there in Jame's opinion to attack them.

Shepard of course is there and makes a good speach. Shepard isn't much into speach making and for him this is quite an effort. Like Shepard himself, the speach is to the point and filled with common sense. James watches as the shapeshifter move close and makes his own brief statement before returning to sit in dog shape over by Warbird.

James bends to get into his duffle bag again, pulling out a couple of ear plugs and a couple of beers. There is a little smile at short grumpy man as he hands Logan one of the two beers. He opens his own up and takes a quick drink.

" Nice to meet you Ray "

" I'm James, I've been using the nickname Thunderbird. I have had military training, but when my powers started to emerge, I came to the S.L.U. It seemed like a way that I could help. I don't know whose voice I heard in my head, but I think who ever it was had a point. This is an opportunity to do something meaningful. "

He takes another drink now.

" My body has changed a couple of times now. It is much stronger, faster, better reflexes and agility. I don't worry as much about bullets or getting punched as I used to. I haven't tested this much, kinda dangerous to let people know what you can do. So very few people know this about me, and now all of you. "

He stops then and closes his eyes, reciting something his Grandfather said often.

( in Apache ) Grant me the wisdom that only comes to you only when you stop looking for it and start living the life the great spirit intended for you.

1560364203828-png.179839

Scarlet very happily eats chocolate strawberries while watching the antics of Ted Moseby and his friends. Verona does not really understand human humor, but is very content with the chocolate. She stands up partially to answer the knock at the door but Warbird beats her to it, so she sits right back down and watches from her seat as Warbird fools herself into giving the shapeshifter all the affections she would give to a real dog. Andromeda giggles at her revelation, but stops short at Warbird's threat and pops another berry in her mouth to stifle a lingering want to laugh.

More people arrive, and Scarlet keeps to herself and out of conversation. Her shyness is showing. Which will be problematic for being part of this group for sure, and she is very aware of it.

As if it was fated she would have to get out of her bubble sooner rather than later, the boy with the glasses comes right to her.

Oh no what's he going to say? What do I say? Just a good "Hi, how are ya?"

The boy says he is "Filing for joint custody" and snags a couple strawberries from the tray in her lap.

He stole our delicious food!

Now Verona, sharing is caring.

"Sharing is caring." Scarlet says to Gloom and offers her hand for the boy to shake. Much as Verona doesn't like to be touched by someone it does not like right away. Should he actually take her hand, the symbiote would feel very odd. Like skin, but sleek as it has no pores or ridges. Something between latex and skin.

No sooner is Scarlet settling down from that encounter, than something else unsettles her and Verona. The young girl comes up, and says hello to not only Andromeda, but also says it telepathically to Verona.

She knows of us! She has mind powers!

Calm down Verona! It's okay! We would have had to tell people eventually! Say "Hello" back.

Hello. Little human. I am called Verona.

The little girl ducks between the chairs, and Scarlet looks at the door to see Logan and Charlotte enter.

Why does she fear them?

"Are you okay?" Scarlet asks in a whisper of Jenna.

Why are you afraid of them? She asks in her mind.

When Jenna explains it is specifically the woman she is afraid of, and why, the whites of Scarlet's eyes narrow at the woman.

She is the one who hurt us. Why is she here?

Keep calm Verona. That other voice wouldn't brings us all together like this to cause trouble.

We only hope so.

The arrival of the woman gets everyone's attention. Particularly Warbird and Scarlet catches a look of disapproval from the girl with the horns she recognized from the rally confrontation. Which was understandable. Her calling the Asian woman Shrieker only confirms what she knows.

Scarlet rises from her seat and holds up the tray to the room in general.

"Anyone want one? I was kinda hogging them all, sorry about that."

What are you doing!?

Being kind, silly. Things feel just a little too tense. I'll get us a big bar of chocolate later to make up for it.

Two big bars.

Deal.

Jackson Cardenas • The Magician Gloom

"Sharing is caring." He repeated, fully amused by the notion. Jackson shook the girl's hand with a little smirk, that turned slightly more confused at the texture of her costume. "That really ain't a normal suit, right?" He asked quietly, thinking back on some of his costume work with the circus. The little kid that came by them had him putting off some of his confusion for a minute, finding the way she sidled up to the spider girl kinda adorable. Of course, her taking cover prompted him to step between the little kid and the two who just entered the room.

Whether or not the gleam of red across his sunglasses was him getting ready to use his power or just a play of light in the hotel room was up for interpretation. But, seeing how everyone else in the room was settling down after the reveal, he folded arms across his chest with a small frown on his face. He'd be ready if everything went to shit a second time. Introductions started off, and he decided to go with his usual performance route when no one else immediately jumped up to follow the shapeshifter. He smoothed out the sleeves of his sweatshirt and donned his charming smile as a deck of playing cards moved to his hands. "I am the Magician Gloom." He introduces himself, bridging the cards with a dramatic flare.

He drew a single one at random from the deck, flashing the Jack of Hearts to his little audience. "But you all can call me Jack." His stage bravado seemed to putter out here. "I... Uh, well. I guess I can do weird stuff with darkness? And I can juggle." The playing cards seemed to have gone back to their hiding spot, and he brought a hand up to the back of his neck for an awkward scratch as his gaze searched for literally anyone else to say something before he died of embarrassment.

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Soverign and Gands

The peck on the cheek she gets from Jenna makes Sarah pause mid-bite of a ham and cheese slider.

Kid is getting attached to me. Am I losing my edge?!

Sarah pushes that thought aside as a one-off errant idea. Kid was probably just grateful is all. There was no way Marrow was losing her edge, or ever would. She can always grow that edge back even if she lost it somehow. That was her thing after all.

Warbird's response manages to be affirming at first, which gets Sarah smirking, then a real downer that makes her frown when she says it was for the best that the so-called Star Queen intervened when she did.

"Shyeah, says you, I woulda whooped his ass all over the road." The girl takes a hard bite of a fresh slider.

"You are what you need to be." Sarah looks at the badge man she had met earlier. "That some kind of Southern saying?"

When more people arrive, Sarah recognizes Logan and Charlotte after taking a good long look at them and finishing another slider, missing how Jenna reacts to their entrance just by virtue of vantage point.

"Logan? Charlotte?" Sarah rises from her seat partially. She had met these two a while ago, and knew they were also mutants. She would have gone up to the pair, to chat them up and all that, but right behind them was 'Star Queen' as affirmed by Warbird, her apparent Number One Fan. That sours her spirits just a wee bit. Her calling Charlotte 'Shrieker' might have been more amusing under better situations i.e not coming from her.

The badge man tries to rally up the attention of everyone who has gathered, and Sarah rises up fully from her chair sipping her Coke. Jack's tricks and awkward demeanor hits a chord with Sarah that makes her feel a bit better.

"Yo." She raises her hand and waves at everyone. "Name's Marrow. Lot of you probably saw me all horned up earlier at the rally." She chuckles at the double-entendre "But I can do all sorts of things with my skeleton besides give myself rad as hell horns. Like this." She raises her right hand, the one not holding the Coke, points it away from all the food, and three curved claws jut out from between her knuckles with a sickening wet 'pop' that likely unsettles a few people. "Cool, huh? Not nearly as cool as Logan's claws though." She grins at Logan.

Charlotte Kim aka Banshee

Charlotte resisted the urge to cry and quietly nodded at Logan, her heart swelling with gratefulness and warmth upon hearing his words. She was so lucky that she had met him during all this chaos. "Thank you" she murmured with red-rimmed eyes. She was confident that if it weren't for him, she's probably dead by now. "Seriously, thank you Logan." She then smiled and playfully slapped his hand away as he tried to mess up her hair.

At that moment, Charlotte almost forgot about the chaos. It was so casual and so natural that she hoped it would last forever. But she knew it wouldn't last. Not when the reality she lived in was full of darkness. Not when they're heading to a hotel that could seal her fate.

The so-called banshee nodded her head at her companion as he told her to stay close. She could feel her fear settling in deep inside her gut. It spoke to her in its cackling voice. It told her legs to go weak, her stomach to lurch and her heart to ache. Her lover once told her that there was nothing to fear but fear itself, but still, she could not silence its voice.

Before stepping into the lobby, Charlotte hesitated. Am I going to do this? There was no certainty of what will happen to her once she entered. There's also no guarantee that she'll walk out of the hotel alive. So why is she doing this? Because you have to. Even if it sounds so stupid, my gut is telling me to go here.

Thus, she took a deep breath and followed Logan, making sure to stay behind him and stay close at all times.

Upon entering the room, Charlotte noticed that there are already people there. Some in costumes. Immediately her instinct told her to put her defenses up and that she did. Even if Logan was by her side, she was no damsel in distress. She needs to be prepared. To be hostile. For her own and her friend's safety.

Her chocolate brown eyes shifted to each and every person in the room, trying to figure out who's who. Thankfully the girl with bone antlers from the rally earlier started naming people so by process of elimination, Charlotte figured out who some of them were.

At the sight of a bubbly girl covering her own ears and ducking under chairs, Charlotte raised a perfectly groomed eyebrow. She had a feeling that the girl knew who she was and instead of feeling afraid, she felt confident. It wouldn't hurt to bully her, right? After all, being feared is something she quite enjoys.

Changing her stance by stepping out behind Logan and crossing her arms across her chest, she then spoke in her usual hypnotic voice. "Got a problem with me, girlie?"

But before Charlotte could harass the girl any further, someone stepped in and tried talking to her before someone else called her shrieker.

Venom and malice were evident in her chocolate brown eyes as she faced the culprit that dared called her such a revolting name. It was none other than a girl wearing a ghastly blue and red costume. Charlotte couldn't help but let out a bitter laugh. She so wanted to scream right now and make the female's ear bleed but held herself back. She noticed how an operative was looking at her with hostility. She also noticed how most of the attention was on her but in a bad way.

Sure she created chaos earlier in the rally but seriously, she doesn't deserve such treatment! The operative then spoke and introduced himself as Shepard.

I need to play my cards right She thought to herself while unconsciously stepping closer to Logan in search for some sense of security. I cannot let them see me as a villain. Well, at least, not yet

The next to introduce himself was Ray, a shapeshifter of some sort. Charlotte was very much amused that the male shifted into a german shepherd once he was done with his introduction, her chocolate brown eyes following him until he settled on the couch.

Thunderbird was next and Charlotte's opinion about him was uncertain. He's part of the military and she can feel her hostility towards her, but for some odd reason, she had a feeling that he's not much of a threat.

A girl that she recognized as Scarlet Spider from earlier tried to do something by offering a tray of food towards everyone. Charlotte commended the girl for trying but she knew that whatever she did in hopes to lighten the mood didn't work.

However, the guy who introduced himself as Magician Gloom somewhat lightened the mood. She soon learned that his name was Jack and he can do card tricks as well as juggle.

The demon looking girl introduced herself after, an amused smirk on Charlotte's lips as she listened. She had seen and met her earlier from the tally but that doesn't mean she wasn't fascinated by Marrow's ability. Her eyes danced with intrigue as she watched the girl's bones stuck out into claws. It kind of reminds her of Logan, back when his claws weren't made of steel or someother metallic material. I wonder what will happen if Logan and Marrow spared by only using their claws. I bet Logan will win that spar

Finally, it was time for her own introduction. Stepping forward, she immediately felt the hostility in the air spiking up again. It was amusing how tense they get with her every move. It was fun but tiring to watch. Oh please she thought to herself while resisting the urge to roll her eyes. They're acting as if I can kill them. Well, they're not completely wrong but still.. their attitude towards me is completely suffocating.

Deciding to change that, Charlotte looked at everyone in the room and smiled sweetly. Her confident demeanor quickly changed as she let her body relax while coyly tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear. Working at a bar really taught her a lot of things and one of them was that no one and absolutely no one, can resist a woman, especially one with a hypnotic voice.

"Could you please not call me that?" Charlotte asked seductively towards the star-spangled girl, adjusting her voice in a pitch that comes off as hypnotic if not persuasive "I don't really like to be called shrieker unless behind closed doors~"

Fluttering her eyelashes towards everyone, she then began her own introduction, her voice becoming more pleasant to the ears. "I'm Charlotte and for a codename, I think Banshee is more suitable for me, don't you think?"

"Oh and I do apologize for what happened at the rally. I guess, I panicked? I mean there are so many people and... and.."
Crocodile tears started pouring out of her eyes but she quickly wiped them away "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to be upset. Its just... those people did horrible things and I thought... I thought I could help"

Jenna

Jenna had a brief communication with Verona, fascinated at the concept of such a creature.

" Hi Verona " The contact is friendly, Jenna's inner self is by it's nature happier than most.

She opened to both of them on the subject of Charlotte. Outside of the brief, she is the one who screamed explanation. She adds. "She is very angry inside "

Shortly after Logan and Charlotte, Carol arrived. Of course, the older superhero had earlier today caught Jenna's attention. There was perhaps, just the tiniest bit of hero worship there. Carol's presence calmed Jenna down a lot. {She fought along side the Avengers you know!}

Of course she listens to the introductions. She is familiar now with Shepard. The older man was obviously taking account of them all. He is very much a thinker. Jenna would have noticed Shepard's reaction to Charlotte had she not been hiding. Then Ray the shapeshifter talks, she finds him very interesting, with the regimented complicated mind. With the emotions that seem to leak out of Ray, he seems nice too.

The tall man next, his mind tasted very much like the guards at her former facility, except the bedrock of his being is caring and protective. He gently tosses a can of beverage to the short angry man. (Sharing is caring)... Scarlet gets up next offering to share the chocolate covered strawberries.

Jack was next, the magician Gloom he calls himself. He seems very private. The brief mental taste she allowed herself made him seem nice, a bit protective of others too. She liked Jack. Then her new friend Sarah, who seems bothered by the innocent kiss. A new aspect of the other girl seems to desire to protect her reputation. She seems to know the short angry man and the shrieker.

Unknowingly with the inexperience of youth and the fascination of Verona. Young Jenna had left her mind open to the alien presence… her own thoughts and memories.

Finally, Charlotte. Jenna listened very intently.

"Got a problem with me, girlie?"

Then she was interrupted… When it was finally her turn to talk… Her voice came out very slow with a sweet quality. Jenna felt the power of it, it washed delicately through her mind. Which her own mind seemed to shake off. In some way, it stiffened her up, removed the fear she had. Then the insincere explanation and apology. Again it rankled the young telepath. For a moment she simply sat there and thought about it. The woman who did the lion's share of raising her had taught her first and foremost to think before acting. She had a brief but thorough look at Charlotte's mind earlier today when the other girl had pushed her out of the way.

Charlotte had lived a terrible life on the streets. It was part of what made Jenna so sick earlier. The other girl had finally gotten things straight when the first snap had taken her boyfriend away. Then the loss of her baby. This is what caused the girl to become what she is now.

Jenna got up next, still not realizing Verona can peer through the window and see the inner workings of her mind.

" Hello everyone, my name is Jenna. I am a telepath. "She walks up to Shepard.

" I might need some help. I don't have any I.D. paperwork "

She pauses here, taking a long drink of water. Again, Verona and maybe Scarlet can see these memories of her being in some sort of facility. Verona could probably leave the connection at any time she wanted.

She then turns to Charlotte, walking closer to her.

"Yes, I have a problem with you Charlotte. You accidentally pushed me out of the way earlier today. That activated my telepathy. I have a hard time controlling my telepathy with touch is involved. It takes time and effort. You've had a very hard life, it made me very sad. Living as you did, truth is a luxury you rarely could afford. You had to protect yourself. I get that. Finally, you had a good person in your life, things started to look up. Then the snap took him away. (there is a pause here) Worse loss after that. I guess my point is, what you did was no accident. Perhaps you hadn't meant for everyone to get affected as they did. You had a desire to attack those people to get fighting started, hoping it would get worse on a large scale. To make everyone pay for your horrible loss. ( A deep breath here ) That other telepath believed you deserve that second chance. I am, I suppose, not willing to second guess him right now. But if you intend to stay, and help or be helped, don't lie to them. These are good people. "

She sat back down back in the corner by Scarlet, Ray, Jack and Miriam.

@Camleen @Ms.Ezra @DANAsaur @Not_Amy @AshenAngel @Soverign @Nomad-22 @MrStoryTeller

Her partially hidden eyes scan slowly the room as she stands in front of the door, and then she kind of moves off to the left of it. It's Miriam that approaches her, almost immediately after she had come through said door. She looks at the girl kind of oddly. She didn't expect this sort of response. And at first she thought it was because of her former position, not due to admiration from what she saw at that rally.

She reaches out to shake Miriam's hand, glancing towards Scarlet Spider when the girl is pointed out also. "Uh… Kree Starforce uniform…" she says motioning absently to herself with her free hand. "Real nice to meet ya, Warbird." She says in a genuine tone, a genuine smile on her lips. Nice kid.. she looks like she's got some spunk to her.

Her hand falling away from Miriam's, it's Shepard she now looks towards as he speaks. In her time, she's seen plenty of 'company men'. Most of her career has been interacting with company men. And he's a company man if she's ever seen one. She takes a few slow steps forward, standing next to Miriam. And also not so far from Logan and Charlotte. Her hands fold behind her back, her feet at shoulder width apart. She seems to naturally (without even thinking about it) fall into an 'at ease' position as she stands there.

But Shepard confirms something interesting to her. While she heard all of the names (some she can't remember), it seems they all heard the same message. She didn't recognize the voice… so it wasn't Strange or Wong. Wasn't one of the Asgardians. Doesn't leave a big list to her. While she knows one of the girls here was a telepath… no that doesn't feel right. That girl doesn't seem to be of the same caliber of the voice in her brain. The other voice in her brain.

Her eyes would widen as despite herself when the pooch shape shifts into a humanoid form. A Skrull? Here? No… no surely she would know if one of the refuges had gone into the world. She was aware of quite a few of them intermixed with the general population. But none of the east coast. Maybe later she'll make sure of that. For now… the kid is Ray.

James… Thunderbird… like the car? Very cool. She has to smirk a little at that. He sounds like he has the atypical strong guy powerset. He's probably not Kree level, but she also knows she shouldn't underestimate him. If this is a trap, he's probably the one she'd knock on his ass first.

Yes, her military (both American and Kree) brain is still sticking with the assumption this is a bad news meeting for her. Even if the odds of that lessen by the minute.

Her eyes befall Scarlet Spider… and of course she is reminded of Spider-Man. Nice kid… she thinks he had a little crush on her. She actually had dinner with him and his aunt once, many years ago. Just after the battle at the Avengers compound. Maybe she'll ask the younger girl if she knows him. It's not hard to make the assumption she is somehow associated with him… the eyes give it away. Her costume does seem unique… she doesn't recognize it as being anymore than a normal material. Not exactly Starforce level stuff, to Carol.

It's then Gloom's turn. He does a little showing off with his abilities. He can do stuff with darkness, and juggle. He says he's a magician… probably not like Strange. Or so she assumes. No that doesn't feel right. The sorcerers she's familiar with, they all had similar means of manifesting their power. And didn't really ever do card tricks. And the kid seems awkward in front of a small group. That's kind of cute.

And then the girl Carol saved steps up to speak her peace. Huh… she doesn't even say thanks. Marrow… what kind of name--- Carol grimaces suddenly as Sarah 'demonstrates' what she can do. That is really unnerving. And she's been inside of a Skygod's stomach (long story), and she's still a little creeped out with what Marrow does. Not just the visual… the accompanying sound.

She mentions Logan's claws… and Carol follows Sarah's gaze towards said mutant. The quiet guy she was going to lay out at the rally. He have similar powers to Marrow?

Charlotte's query is posed towards Carol, and she looks in the younger girl's direction with her voice.

Huh… seems like most in the room is younger than she is. That's a little depressing. Anywho…

Carol just stares unflinching to Charlotte, her own expression unchanging. Charlotte addresses the others, and Carol just continues to stare towards her. She says she just panicked… a few tears even come down her cheeks. She feels bad for Charlotte.

For about 2 seconds.

Carol was warned about Charlotte before she ever did anything. It was Jenna that reached out to her in that crowd. Fortunately Charlotte didn't do anything of major super damage… if she had a bomb or something it would have been way worse. But the bottom line is she did attack a bunch of innocent people, she did make a bad situation worse, and she did it intentionally. And now she's trying to convince everyone that she was a victim of circumstance. It's a nice story, and she does sell it well. But Carol isn't buying. But all of that… she keeps to herself. She lets Charlotte finish, she doesn't react at all to her story.

And then young Jenna does her best to derail everything Carol had come up with in regards to how to handle the situation.

Jenna seems like a good kid, she did warn Carol during the rally that something bad was going to happen. And she was right, even pointing out the culprit. 'Start a war', she thinks was the phrase. But while Jenna's heart might be in the right place, she clearly doesn't have a mind for tact. She didn't want to call out Charlotte because they were all in a vulnerable place against her powers. Her Banshee powers, it seems. Well the others are vulnerable… Carol's uniform has taken precautions now against such things. But Carol really wanted to allow Charlotte to carry on, to see exactly what her endgame was. To see what exactly her intentions were… and how far she was going to carry it.

Jenna moves back to sit with the group, and now she is the only one left. Save for Logan, but he doesn't seem the type to want to introduce himself to a group of strangers.

A soft sigh escapes Carol's lips as she glances down, still standing in her 'at ease' stance… and she looks towards the group.

"Okay, now me right? Stand up in front of class and embarrass yourself, got it."
As was the habit in school. "I only recently decided to go with an actual codename. Star Queen" she glances to Miriam with a little wink, and then looks towards the others "is not bad at all. And fitting. Some people've called me Boss of Space. But most know me by Captain Marvel." Still sounds weird saying it out loud. Fury first suggested it, Parker seemed thrilled to use the moniker for her… even though she still resists the codename in the back of her mind a little.

Mar-vell is 2 words…

"Formerly of the US Air Force. Formerly of Kree Starforce. Formerly of the Avengers, and the battle at Avengers Compound."

She now takes a few confident steps forward, her gaze moving towards the eyes of every single person in the room. "I heard the voice, too. Still not 100% sure this isn't a really bad really obvious trap. Some stranger's voice in our heads saying 'go here' and that we're supposed to fight some evil." She says that last word with spite. She's seen evil. She's gone toe to toe with evil. She can't imagine anything of the level she's faced these past few years. "So what's the plan now? We all get cool decoder rings? We weed out who belongs and who doesn't? You got us here, so tell us what you want next." She says seeming to no one… but her eyes linger on the company man. On Shepard.

1567610279001.png
"Hope we get to do awesome things together." Miriam says to Star Queen.

Miriam walks back to her plate of food and drink while the official-looking man takes some charge of the group while also introducing himself as Shepard from the Superhuman Liberties Union. She learns next that the shape-shifter she had unwittingly given more affection than she would a stranger was named Ray and is glad to see him drop the dog guise for that introduction at least.

Does he just prefer being a dog or what?

The young man who looks to be Native American, named James and goes by the code name Thunderbird, gets her attention when he opens a beer and offers one to the rough-around-the-edges guy who had come in with the one Star Queen had called 'Shrieker' and thinks about asking if he has another to share. It had been maybe a few months since her last beer.

So he's even better than he looks under the hood. Good to know.

He says something in a language she doesn't understand, and it very much intrigues her as by the demeanor he has it certainly feels the same as a prayer.

When Scarlet offers the remainder of the chocolate-covered strawberries Miriam silently passes on them. There's just something wrong about covering fruit in chocolate.

"Hi Magician Gloom." Miriam watches the card tricks while drinking her soda. "That's a nice name. Would look good in neon." she comments further to hopefully cut the embarrassment plastered on his face.

During Marrow's introduction Miriam remains standing and chuckles at her double entendre as well.

"That is cool indeed." She walks over to Marrow and examines the bone claws up close. "Would be illegal in the ring, but would get people thinking twice about getting up close and personal in the street. Probably what they're for, eh?" Then she looks at the one Marrow calls Logan.

"You got something to make bone claws cooler?" Warbird asks of the older man.

When the Asian woman steps out from behind Logan, Warbird doesn't miss her slightly threatening jab at the young girl, and so her little fluttering eyes and soft tone of voice doesn't work on Warbird like she might have thought. Which make the tears null.

Looks like there might be a snake in the grass here.

Warbird might have been inclined to call her out on it, but the Jenna girl really lays it all into her first. Like, a lot.

Remind me to never get on your bad side Jenna. I don't want all my dirty laundry laid out like that. Miriam projects at her in what she assumes is a telepathic way.

"Captain Marvel." Miriam repeats the code name looking the older woman up and down again. "I can dig that too. Bit more formal, less grandiose than Star Queen but hey, it's your choice." Her question about what was next amuses her as well.

"So, seeing as not everyone knows me, allow me to introduce myself." Miriam finishes her Dr. Pepper and tosses it into the air. It floats in the air, then is rapidly crushed to the size of a quarter before falling into her open palm. She holds it up for everyone, looking around for anyone who was impressed.

"Name's Warbird. I'm no crimefighter or general do-gooder to be perfectly honest. Ya could say I'm more of a...hmmm.." Warbird tilts her head side-to-side and flips the can coin a few times. She also floats a foot off the ground and hovers there, her hair rising up as well. "...let's say professional wrestler with more oomph, my 'oomph' being I control gravity. Kinda. Just enough I could probably pin you most of you to floor without lifting a finger. I just gotta get close enough." She keeps flipping the can coin and floating as she goes on. "And I was mostly at the rally to recruit for my organization, Underground Super Combat, or USC for short. See them Accords, like some of ya might know, makes it hard for those of us with a little or lot of extra to make a living without using our powers. USC? Gives the chance to make a living on it, have some fun, get recognized by fans for free stuff now and then." She flips the can coin to her other hand.

"And best of all? Totally outside The Accords. The big boss found a loophole where Big Brother can't come down on us without violating that pesky Bill of Rights." She finally flips the thing into a nearby garbage can and looks around at everyone.

"So, that being said, if whoever brought us here is selling somethin' you ain't buying? Come on with me, and we'll set you up right." Miriam crosses her arms over chest and waits for responses to her pitch.