Mass Effect RP

I'd say we should stay in Citadel Space.

Concept: With necessity being the mother of invention, I think they can, after several years (at least 50-something), they could find a way to adapt ship drives for extended FTL, along with advances in navigations technology to pinpoint destinations with better efficiency than the Mass Relays. After a good number of years later, they'd have spread it throughout Council Space. New ships would be built to handle the rigors of FTL with enhanced radiation materials and a network of stations specified to serve ships in the middle of a long FTL journey, such as providing a ground for the ship and letting the crew ashore for R&R.

If I remember correctly, I think the survivors rebuilt the mass relays. Not sure what the time frame on that is, though. Got to love the people of the Milky Way galaxy for loving their crutches. :P

What's that from? I haven't seen that in Canon.

Alright here is an idea. How about the story starts just as the mass relay in citadel space is finished. So the government sends a team to re-establish contact with other important areas/places. One of those places can be Omega, where it has fallen into anarchy because of the mass relay destruction and the lack of law enforcement forces being able to travel to omega.

Omega isn't Citadel Space, they never had law enforcement, really

• Thank You
Reactions: Dunruffle
Omega isn't Citadel Space, they never had law enforcement, really
Ok that makes sense. Hrmmm...I dont want to start a story that everbody doesnt like so let's keep brainstorming.

I think something set in a refugee camp (or world maybe) would be good to explore.

• Thank You
Reactions: VerbalAbuse
Perhaps at a time where cross-galactic travel is being spread around, it could reach us mid-plot, and we could travel space together after getting together the resources and additional crew.

Ok so how about combining the two? We start on a planet that was a safe haven from the reapers but everyone became stranded when the relays went down. Fast forward a few years and the tech for FTL has become available and the planet government puts together a crew to reconnect with the citadel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: VengefulPeanut
I'd want to branch off from having some government mission at some point. I'd want for us to have our own resources, become our own unit.

Reactions: Dunruffle
This sounds like it would be a lot of fun. I absolutely love the Mass Effect universe. Mind if I toss my interest in here as well?

Hello all, I am sorry to say this but I am am closing this rp. Life has gotten busy with my job and such and I dont want to start a group rp only to cancel it as it starts. Sorry for any of you who were looking forward to this. But if any of you want to take over the RP I give you all permission to do so.