Mass Effect RP

D

Dunruffle

Original poster
Hey all! I have been craving a sci-fi RP and I decided to use one of my favorite game series as the base. I am looking for a small group of dedicated players (4-5 people max). I have several plot ideas but I want to make sure people will stick around/are interested first.

If you want in, leave a comment expressing your interest.

Thanks! :D

Sounds fun! I've only played the first Mass Effect but I'm never opposed to doing research. Which Mass Effect is this based on or is it just in the general universe?

I'm interested! I'm always a sucker of Mass Effect. Will the races be confined to just humans, or other species too? (Gonna be honest: I wanna play a turian)

I'm interested! I'm always a sucker of Mass Effect. Will the races be confined to just humans, or other species too? (Gonna be honest: I wanna play a turian)
All races are acceptable

I could stick my oar in. :) Need another RP to keep me entertained, to be honest.

All races are acceptable
What about unusual species/class combos, like the extremely rare (but canonically possible) Quarian biotic?

I'll lore it up just right for you

Ok then! So time to plot. What time period would you guys want to be in? ME 1-2-3 or Andromeda?

I think any post-Reaper timeframe would be good, be it Andromeda or post-3. I know nothing about Andromeda.

Andromeda is really fun, and the Angara were pretty neat. But I think I'd prefer to stay in post-ME3 rather than MEA. The Andromeda galaxy doesn't have nearly the same amount of information, and there's more options for races that won't be possibly-canon breaking if we stick to the Milky Way. (Did any of that make sense?)

• Thank You
Reactions: VerbalAbuse
Andromeda is really fun, and the Angara were pretty neat. But I think I'd prefer to stay in post-ME3 rather than MEA. The Andromeda galaxy doesn't have nearly the same amount of information, and there's more options for races that won't be possibly-canon breaking if we stick to the Milky Way. (Did any of that make sense?)
Fine with me, makes sense.

Never played Andromeda so got no clue on the lore for it. I'm happy to do something post-ME3. Maybe have something set in Omega after the destruction of the mass relays? With no new outlaws coming in and a reduced threat of Council interference in pirate operations and smuggling operations, it might be interesting to explore what happens to the colony after ME3, before the Mass Relays are rebuilt.

Some other ideas:
- Set in and around the citadel during the reconstruction efforts.
- Set on Earth after the final battle.
- Set in a refugee camp on a colony world somewhere.

@Dunruffle, since I've only played ME1 and I don't know anything about the other games. I'm probably not a good choice for this rp group. 3 player group isn't bad to start with. I would suggest to go ahead (once you've finished plotting) and start the roleplay. You could even leave the interest check open and see if anyone else joins. If you have your heart set on 4-5 group.

I'd say we should stay in Citadel Space.

Concept: With necessity being the mother of invention, I think they can, after several years (at least 50-something), they could find a way to adapt ship drives for extended FTL, along with advances in navigations technology to pinpoint destinations with better efficiency than the Mass Relays. After a good number of years later, they'd have spread it throughout Council Space. New ships would be built to handle the rigors of FTL with enhanced radiation materials and a network of stations specified to serve ships in the middle of a long FTL journey, such as providing a ground for the ship and letting the crew ashore for R&R.

Reactions: Dunruffle