There is a rivalry between Marvel and DC dating back to the earliest Batman and Captain America comics. Which is great, competition is motivating and influences many artists/writers. But when does a friendly rivalry become a frankly immature and petty battle of toddlers fighting over whose toy is best?
I personally have never been more inclined to one than the other. I love my Flash, Batman, Grifter, and Blue Beetle but then I absolutely adore my Deadpool (praise his soul), Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel, and the Runaways. Plus I gotta love my smaller comics such as Saga and the Rat Queens.
So my questions for you:
- Do you have a preferred company?
- Do you believe that one is better than another?
- If you think one is better, could you explain why?
- Are you active in the fandom (blog, cosplay, etc.)?
- Have you been in debates over Marvel v. DC (or other companies)?
- Do you subscribe to the belief that DC only does gritty/angsty comics and Marvel
is repetitive and too focused on fantasy/unrealistic worlds?
More fun questions:
- What are your favorite comic series?
- Who are your fave heroes?
- Fave antiheroes and/or vigilantes?
- Fave villians?
- Do you read comics, watch cartoons, and/or watch comic movies?
- What comic series or character would you like to see a show/cartoon/movie adaptation of?
- Who do you ship?