Mariana Lockdown: Sector Zero

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenji Sakamoto

It appeared his assumption that he would be fighting the others in the arena was wrong as some weapons dropped from the ceiling, including a knife, and some monsters began to crawl out of little pools. It was obvious what had to be done. The monsters looked to be biological mutations of some sort, it was intriguing. The reason? Because their blood might be completely different colors to normal, and their bodies' themselves was also a enigma. He walked forward calmly and picked up the knife, watching his sides for any unprecedented attacks. The serial killer woman picked up a hatchet and the scared girl picked up a baseball bat. That left the spiked flail for the man. Honestly the weapon suited the man's figure. Kenji kept the knife in a firm yet relaxed grip, his eyes on the enemy. He dropped into a fighting stance that suggested further that he knew exactly what he was doing. He was now ready to fight. "It would be a shame if any of you were to die...." He says to his companions. What he truly meant by this was that he simply wished to kill them himself. It would not do for them to die here at the hands of things that could not even appreciate what they were doing.

Paolo Delucci
At last, the cages opened, allowing Paolo to go for the spiked flail. It was an awkward weapon, to say the least. Not quite as useful as a hatchet or a knife, but more effective than a baseball bat. He judged the creatures to be about four meters in length, all of them writhing, despicable monstrosities. The audience certainly loved them, however. Their cheers almost rhymed with the wails of the Dwellers. The number of legs they carried was up to the imagination, consisting of somewhere between four and eight individual limbs, with the larger ones having more. Paolo grasped his weapon with both hands, swinging madly as several more creatures surfaced from the pools. They were agile, much like the snakes that were embedded into their DNA. The spikes of his flail moved and made contact with the bony shell on the Dweller's head. Up close, Paolo could see the dozens of yellow eyes across the surface of the beast. Its blood seeped from the wound, dripping in a horrid assortment of purple, black, and green.

Allora

Instead of the undisciplined swinging of Paolo, Allora moved with precision and finesse, moved in and cutting into the creatures legs, immobilizing them. Her movement was that of a surgeon operating with a knife, her hatchet soon covered in the oddly assorted colors of blood the creature's wounds sprayed out, the legs twitching on the ground as all four of it's left side's legs were hacked off, much to it's pain and detriment, it started thrashing wildly prompting Allora to move clear and onto another enemy, which promptly snapped at her, which she chuckled and acrobatically rolled to avoid, cutting yet another leg off in the process and giggling.

"I FEEL ALIVE!"

(OOC I'm not sure what else I can do here if yz doesn't show up. I can just auto move him but...I'll leave what they do as a mystery in case yz comes back, if Emp wants batman to look in on it he'll see the aftermath.)

Sara grins at the sudden attack, it was rather well done. The first was dead for sure. There was no stopping that waterfall of blood. The other likely would die, and the other two were caught off guard. While Sara did not lie about camera systems not being installed in the area, she knew observation bots were in the ducts, likely reporting to an important lady..that was also a job, till now the Vig wasn't co-operative in showing his capabilities, neither was the North Korean..now that all would be on display.

Pointing to the two prisoners that were moving crates, or at least had the clothing on for it, the Riot Guard shouts. "You two! Get a first aid kit, I'm going after him! You two stay!" Running off with her shotgun now drawn, she would be chasing the vig down. She rather he not die here, but she had a role to play. If he did poorly, it would cost him his life. Rocking the slide back she shouts. "HALT OR BE FIRED UPON! PRISONER HALT!" Breaking into a full on run, here is where the fun would start, he could go into the cargo bays, into the halls, loading area's really,but he would have to evade her regardless.

As the two unharmed Chinese prisoners glance around, unsure of whats happening or what to do, the pair of prisoners approach..what worried both was now one of them was known to them very well..afterall it was there fault she was here...and the other with Green hair, they had no idea who she was, but felt an urge to run, only being kept from doing so thanks to the limited field of movement in their tie-downs. Suddenly a bright Red flushes across the wall, echoed by a scream, and the green haired woman's sadistic laughter.
Looking behind himself to see just how close the guard was—well, she served her position here well, to say the least. She was keeping up with him even with all that gear, and since she wasn't just going to give up, this would be more irritating than he thought. Huffing, Michael pondered his options. If he kept running through the halls, it was possible that he could lose her in the twists and turns. The loading and cargo bays were also an option. The busy environment wouldn't slow himself down so much as it would Sara with all that gear weighing her down. Plus, he could always hide himself if worse came to worse.

Nodding mentally at that train of thought, Mike hung right and dashed through the hall and eventually emptying the cargo bay. Needless to say, it was a clusterfuck. All the crates and scattered items and machinery ensured that Sara would not have a fun time pursuing the criminal killer. Immediately after entering the bay, Caine rather effortlessly ascended up a mountain of smaller crates, then using them as a platform to jump to other stacks that were inaccessible otherwise. Of course, he expected the woman to shoot at him at one point—or rather, he wouldn't be surprised if she started trying, so he couldn't stay above her level for too long. He had to lose the line of sight between them, which his experience in escaping danger in urban areas gave him quite the advantage in.

Laryssa Avant

Laryssa nodded at Tokko's comment on how she was still working. "We don't have a lot of time, really. Well, at least I don't. I must go somewhere else as soon as I'm finished here and I'd rather not keep a potential negotiation waiting." With that, Laryssa crossed her arms and watched the monster's handicraft. As she started the song, Laryssa couldn't help but smirk and see what else there was to it. And she wasn't disappointed. It was an unnatural show of blood and violence. One Laryssa wasn't exactly used to.

As Laryssa saw her getting to the end of it, with the death of the man, she giggled. "Don't worry, there's a lot more fun to be had inside this hellhole." With that, Laryssa stared at her and clapped her hands when she looked back. "Impressive. I've never seen anything like that so I must admit I'm shocked." Though she said that, Laryssa had a smirk on her face that almost seemed pleased. Laryssa quickly stepped closer to the woman and heard her questions and words. She was rather surprised at her question, but she obviously didn't show that. Instead, she looked away, almost sadly so, and spoke. "We all have monsters inside of us. Some are worse than others." The words seemed like they were honestly spoken from experience. Maybe it was just Laryssa's way of coping with the bad things she had done. Right now, she was trying to redeem herself. She still had the monster inside of her that enjoyed killing above everything else, but now she was trying to use it for something good, even if she was indeed very selfish. Laryssa quickly turned back to Tokko. "I can arrange for us to do things much more fun than this, Tokko. Whenever you're interested, just give me the word and I might give you some space in the business. Aside from that, I wanted to speak with you. Let's speak as we go back to your cell." As Laryssa said that, she started to walk towards the hallway and lead the way.

As soon as they were at a safe distance from the dockyard, Laryssa started to speak, but this time in a different language, one native to Tokko: Korean. This was an effective way to encrypt the words she was saying so that they were not immediately discovered. It's not like her plans were any secret to security after all. "Tokko, I can give you some access to some things far more fun than that, though I guess you should find the Sinful Circus much better than that. Fighting off humans doesn't compare to the challenge of battling the beasts that can claw you in two. Still, I can give you anything you'd like to have, except escape and complete freedom, so long as you aid me. Don't worry, though, I won't need your help immediately and neither do I want you to answer me right now. Just think about it and, remember that I am a powerful ally to have in here. Not everyone has access to the labs, after all... Ops... Guess I talked too much. Anyways, from here on we part ways, my dear." With that, she stopped and turned towards Tokko and spoke in english once more. "Alas, we will speak again soon, I'm sure. The next time we do, depending on your answer, I will tell some surprising things. Until then, goodbye, my dear Monster." Laryssa winked and then went to a path contrary to that of Tokko.

Laryssa still had to meet the Doctor she had now that she had gotten that over with. Things went well and, if everything went accordingly, she would get a new and powerful ally in this hellhole. After all, she definitely didn't plan to live here forever. If there was one way to get out, it was through her plan. With this, Laryssa made her way to the Doctor's office with permit in hands.

Kenji Sakamoto

He did not rush forward, he noticed the man swinging the flail about and letting it smash into the skull of one of the monsters. The woman was acrobatically and effectively putting down monsters. Kenji let a monster come at him and the thing launched itself at him. Only when it was around 30cm away from Kenji did he act. He spun to the left, his knife lashing out as he did so, severing what he guessed to be an artery on the monster's neck. Miraculously he had cut so fast, hard and precise that he had not gotten any blood on himself, his knife was only lightly tinged as well. He breathed in relief as the tranquility settled over him. Wonderful... He thought to himself. The next monster attacked and he went low, his knife piercing upwards into the thing's chin. He twisted and wrenched the knife so as to use the monster's body as a shield against an attack from his flank. He placed his knife directly into his new assailant's hamstring on one of it's legs. He wrenched through the hamstring as if cutting butter and jumped on top of the creature, pushing it down to the ground before stabbing his knife into one of it's multiple eyes. He continued like this, cutting, slashing and decimating his enemies with each graceful swing of his knife. It was like a dance routine to those watching, and Kenji kept a beat up in his head. 1, 2, 3, kill. 1, 2, stab, kill. 1, slash, jump, kill. 1, 2, 3, kill. He danced through his enemies, their blood trailing the arcs of his knife. His face was at utter peace as he continued to kill. Absolutely... Wonderful... He thought to himself as he killed yet another beast.

"Ehehehe..this? Hey..you know..hey, terror is good at keeping things running, yah know? " Listening to the woman's replies and watching her mannerisims, to Tokko it wasn't any different from the labs, minus this one was far gone enough from so called moral's and self justifications, to make her intentions known...just like that other Doctor..who had the nerve to lie...hiding what she wanted. "Hey..of course I might want to do more..Hey, I like you." Giggling lightly, as she moved the remains out of sight for later removal, Tokko smiles while humming some sort of song. "Hey! You're Doctor Frankenstein..ehehe..but thats Fine..hey, monsters huh? Hey..thats what Nature wanted." Humming and going along with the walk just letting Laryssa say what she wanted, her eyes narrowed slightly when the conversation turned into Korean, then Tokko likely does the most surprising thing of the evening..she speaks without her insane little habit tied to her words. Replying in Korean in kind.

"Oh..But don't you mean creatures for me to rip in two? And as to the things you can't give..." A Brief Smile, well more sinister than normal passed Tokko's lips, as if she had some sort of plot in mind. Her face turning back to normal, well with the slight ever present smirk, the former commando seems a bit serious, studying Laryssa in turn..or as if to voice her dislike...or maybe it was something else all togher. "A Doctor huh? I've seen Several of those, one other today..I will give you an answer soon enough. Be well Doctor. Your Korean is Very good." Bowing lightly and switching back to English, Tokko cocks her head to the side, she still had a little time till she would be missed, and wanted to give a parting shot of sorts..though not aimed at the Doctor. "Hey! Thanks Doc! Reminds me! There's someone I need to kill! AHAHAHAHA!" Calming her laughter and continuing the walk, there was one final thing Tokko needed to look into..but first..there was the matter of her..trophy, she would double back and deal with the mess.

Responding with only one Hey in her English, it seemed maybe there was more to her speech than met the eye, or at least a purpose to it rather than any mental issues..though the woman for sure had some problems, speech wasn't one of them...which begged the question of why..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sara had to admit, batman could move.. Following his path with her eyes, she scoffs. "Fuck that noise...I'm a marine, not a circus monkey..tch little shit... As the good book says, knock and the path shall be open onto you.." Fiddling with her security gear, Sara carries out a brief conversation as one of the gun positions tracks in on the vig..but doesn't fire. "Huh, little fucker is that fast? Well shit maybe I should bet on him in the races huh..oh want me to set up a run in..sure, why not."

Talking as she walks, Sara wasn't about to blind fire here, no telling what was in those boxes, of course in movies, and with poorly trained troops or cops you always had them firing at the escaping hero. After all that made sense, right? Of course it did, till you shot an airtank, or some explosives, or hit a containter that had some easy to break tech crap that was worth more than you. The Marine wouldn't allow her to do something so...Army. "Tch! Ah well fuck it! Send me a lift down.."

It was simple, she had a map, she had ears and eyes..why chase him, when you can wait for him..plus she would lose sight of him this way. No need to shoot him then. Not that she wouldn't remind him of that fact. His path would eventually lead him to her. Not that any guard could, or would have been able to do this, she just wanted to show the Vig there was another reason to keep her around..or at least to not take her lightly, sure she was corrupt, but also dangerous..though it could be said, she was simply allowing God's Will to be done. Hearing the phrase "Deus Vult!" Plus a point of her finger like a gun would be the first think he would see as he rounded the corner, After that she would send him to help Tokko with the clean up, get that monster back in her Zoo Cage..then she would bring the Data to the Warden..afterall, it was in part to keep her own skin, the Warden wasn't likely to know what didn't go on in her own prison..nor was a person in such a position not corrupted..regardless if she didn't want the data, the tech nerds would.

Alkura

As Alkura sat in the infirmary waiting, she decided that she might as well watch the sinful circus. After all, she had nothing to do, and the barbaric ways the inmates were killed might be found as a source of amusement. Picking up her data pad she quickly tapped into the public streaming available to all staff members. What she saw was her sister, fighting in the arena, and having a jolly good time of it too. This pissed her off so much that she threw the object across the room, where it shattered against a wall, breaking into dozens of pieces. The object was little more then then glass with a plastic frame and some electronics, making this action quite easy despite her own petite frame. Almost as soon as the object crashed against the wall and the noise from it subsided came a message via her computer that a prisoner was detected in the hallways leading to the infirmary, and it seemed she had a pass. Taking a deep breath to calm herself, Alkura quickly cleaned up the bits and pieces that were all over the floor, then placed those bits in the trashcan and sat in her chair to wait for her guest.

She didn't follow? Of course she didn't. Caine doubted any guard would've went through the trouble to keep up with him unless he specifically pissed them off; it was too much of a hassle. Still, he expected more of an effort than that. It really didn't take long for him to lose sight of her and vice verse, meaning he could now worry about getting the hell out of this area of the prison.

Thankfully, Michael had a reason for showing up early to his job; he wanted to learn the area. He wanted to know where was best to go when running and the quickest way to get back to the main parts of the prison once he was done. Proceeding out the bay and turning through and down a few hallways, Michael knew this was the quickest way back. Unfortunately, so did Sara apparently as the first thing he saw rounding another corner was her with her hand mocking a gun and the shout of "Deus Vult!".

Instinctively flipping out the blade from his wrist, Mike let out a sigh of exasperation when he more clearly saw it was her. With his scowl accompanying an aggravated growl, Caine relaxed a bit. Possibly he thought at first that it was a guard other than her, which would have made things much, much worse for him. That phrase didn't help either. What the hell was "Deus Vult"? Latin? German? It sounded German to him, and he didn't exactly like the idea of dealing with a Nazi guard after having slit someones throat—They don't have gas chambers mocking showers here, do they?

"Do you have to come around a fucking corner like a Nazi?" He snarled at her. "What? What do you want?"

Sara laughs at that a bit, then tilting her head smiles, while dropping her face mask down. "And what do I want? Hey, you're the one not in your work area..I've been chasing down some son of a bitch that knifed two poor sinners, lost the little shit too when he started acting like a monkey." While this was technically true, the facts of the matter was she was there now, with her shotgun resting in her left hip. She had cornered him. "And hey, I did nazi that coming, my mother was German..guess it runs in the blood. Anyways Convict, I want you back in the bay, you and another will be tasked with cleaning up the mess..rather I want it cleaned before its a mess. The one down there can do it, after that well, you remember the terms on how we meet." Switching the shotgun to her right hand, Sara smiles grimly behind the mask, of course she wasn't telling him everything, nor would she. "Anyways..the dead don't get to talk much, and technically I shot yah, so just work with..her..just ignore her hobbies, then get back, I'll stop by later to help...encourage het back to her cell."

Thinking on it with a sigh, Sara wasn't happy with throwing Michael into a lions..or would it be lioness den. "Its the Green haired one that was about to kill you with a table..if it helps with anything you might...see, just remember, she's more like an animal or a force of nature in human skin, than the trash you hunt down. This isn't up to debate, I can't be there to hide the bodies, and the pair of you fucked them up enough I need to set up some cover that makes sense..or so I gather..Welp see yah..if you are interested in those other two jobs let me know..though I have to go to speak with someone now, might have a third job that might intrest yah... Well get going, I need to delay a few things, then I'll catch up with yah...go back down to where the..accident happened, and then into bay Fourty-Seven, got that? Well if yah don't need anything move on. I'll see if there is..other work like this for yah to do."

Waiting to see if he would comply or at least question, she had hoped he would get on his way..not that she didn't like him, she just had to at least pretend to be doing a search plus see to it a few system errors happened..what she didn't mention was bay 47 had a container that would be loaded into a...special creatures feeding zone, it would seem at face value that the prisoners had attempted to escape, and were mauled as a result..well it would not hold up to an indepth investigation, but no one was likely to care enough to do one o those, Sara reasoned.

OOC Unc if you want those two or one inducted or what have you, or some general chit chat with the warden and sara just let me know, or send a npc guard with a message, etc.

Ayanna Dawson
It was surreal to watch Allora, Kenji, and Paolo fight so intensely. And then there was Ayanna, swatting madly at the Dwellers, barely able to fend one of them off. They slithered and swarmed into a morass of teeth and crunching legs. It was like fighting inside a pit of crocodiles, and Ayanna's swift dashes around the beasts saved her skin with every snap of their jaws. She swung her bat again, this time hitting one of their spider-like legs, and the Dweller erupted in a tremendous screech of pain. She fought off the urge to vomit as blood oozed from the severed limb. The sharpness of their roars nearly drew blood from her ears. The Dweller limped away, whimpering, and two more emerged in its place. Ayanna was pushed back to the edge of the arena, a full, darkened pit, filled from head-to-toe in eviscerating spikes.

Kenji Sakamoto

As Kenji was going about his ruthless and graceful killing he noticed that the girl was being pressured to a side of the arena. He did not know how far down the fall was or if there was anything at the bottom so he decided that believing the worst case would be wiser. He did not want the girl to die, simply because he wanted to kill her himself. The soft flesh parting along his knife would be a most wondrous sensation. He quickly darts towards her position, stabbing one of the eyes of a Dweller. It writhed and back away in pain. He wasted no time in cutting its throat before he continued onward. He took the Dwellers surrounding the girl by surprise, cutting them apart with ease as their backs were turned. He then grabbed the girl and hauled her away from the edge. That was when one of the creatures took him by surprise, slamming into him and sending his knife spinning from his grip as he fell over the edge. Luckily he was able to grab on to the side to keep from plummeting to his death with his right hand. He then moved his left hand up to equal out the strain. He was not however strong enough to lift all his body weight up as that was quite a task to do. The Dweller that had attacked him moved its head over to look down at him, his eyes kept their tranquility as he faced his death. The Dweller would attack, that was for certain.

Allora

The dweller would unfortunately not attack. Allora, for the same reasoning as the asian man, decided to save the man from certain death by hacking one of it's legs off, and then moving it to slit the creatures throat once she had it's attention. She simply couldn't have the pair dying on her, how would she slice their flesh then? How would she experience their unique screams? Once she had sufficiently destracted the other creatures she moved silently, without mercy, back into the midst of the beasts that sought to consume them.

Paolo Delucci
Paolo, much like Ayanna, was on the edge of the arena. Unlike the frail former banker, however, he was not being pushed back by the Dwellers. He kicked one of the wretched things right in the jaw, and watched it plummet to an unseemly death. A gigantic spike pierced into the monster's long, serpentine body. It twitched and groaned before going limp. The glow of its blood shone up to where Paolo was standing, and even then he couldn't decipher how deep the fall was. Distracted, the tail of the nearest Dweller rammed his body. He was thrown off the edge so quickly that there was no time to grab the edge. Paolo screamed as he accelerated downward, but miraculously, he was saved by a black-colored net. Looking from above, it would have been impossible to see. This victory was sadly short-lived.

"And it looks like Paolo Delucci is out of the match! Ah, but what do we see here?! Ladies and gentlemen, he has survived! I guess someone's going to the labs tonight... Ten minutes left for the other contestants!" The announcer mocked. "Can they make it?"

Kenji Sakamoto

Kenji was saved by the serial killer woman as she cut the Dweller away from him, unfortunately he was still not out of his predicament. His muscles were lean and strong but they were not built for heavy lifting, and lifting his body up and over would take a lot of muscle. He therefore begins to try and talk to the girl he had saved, his voice remained calm. [BCOLOR=#000000]"Girl, help me up." He says, loud enough to be heard. He listened to the commentators, apparently Paolo Delucci had been eliminated, so that was the man's name. It rang a bell in Kenji's mind. Something to do with the mafia he was sure. He again attempts to haul himself up, straining to get his head over the edge.[/BCOLOR]

Allora

Allora suddenly remembered the threat of getting acquainted from the Asian man. She turned and cut through a leg of another dweller, and charged back to where the asian man was at, stopping right before the edge and smiling down at him, before bringing the edge of her axe down directly onto the man's fingers that were gripping the edge, and jumping back, then running back into the mess of dwellers to start her killing anew. Her move had been savage, but calculated, she hopefully just eliminated her competition.

Kenji Sakamoto

As Kenji waited for the girl to rescue him, the other one came over with her axe. She knelt down over him and smiled, Kenji immediately guessed at what she was going to do and a split second before she swung her axe he moved his hand from the ledge. The axe would hit the edge and miss his fingers, however since he had suddenly let go with one hand momentum took his body and swung it to his right side, this in turn weakened his grip with his right hand. He was about to fall, so he put his feet on the wall quickly and pushed backwards, launching himself out into the open air to plummet. This way he would try to control his fall, but he knew it was a very slim chance he would survive. The fact that he had avoided the woman's axe blow spoke of his prowess in combat, but even that was not enough to stop him from his doom. He plummeted towards the spikes and remained calm, death was simply an obstacle.

Ayanna Dawson
Ayanna watched, horrified and entranced, as Kenji fell to his gory death. Eventually the number of Dwellers convulsing their way to the arena trickled down to zero, but that didn't erase what Allora had just done, with the passion of a sadist no less. A bell rang, confetti rushed over the audience, cheers erupted. The match was over. "Aha! Time's up, folks, we have two winners for today's grand Sinful Circus!" The announcer declared. "Ayanna Dawson and Allora Vesryn are victorious! Please give a round of applause for these brave souls and their defeat of the Fangtooth Dwellers." The arena pools were drained of their viscous liquid, and surely enough a massive exiting door opened from the northward wall, gently carried down by monolithic chains until it clanged upon the floor. Ayanna had just escaped certain death herself. Now there was only one thing left to deal with; what next?

Allora

Allora tossed her axe to the side with the sound of the bell and the defeat of the final fangtooth dweller. Her body was covered in the blood, the clothes soaked so badly that the color had stained itself into the clothes, and went further to dye her skin the color of the blood. As she wiped her face with the back of her hand to clear away some of the hot substance she walked towards the giant doors, the blood that had dyed her skin the color almost seemed as though it had masked her in war paint, or rather, she had been baptized within the danger of the arena. She felt.... disatisified though. Her seeming murder of the asian was not what she had wanted, but at the same time, Allora had herself to look out for. Plus, she had probably saved Ayanna trouble as well, though she doubted that Ayanna appreciated it. Having cleaned off her face, Allora picked up the speed of her walk slightly, then stopped outside the massive entrance, waiting for Ayanna to catch up. She had not brought her weapon simply because she did not need it any longer. Axe's weren't her style anyway.

Kenji Sakamoto

He plummeted... However he felt something slow his descent and eventually stop him from falling all together. He look around himself and noticed a black net, this net was right near the bottom of the pit so it had taken him around 5 seconds before reaching it. He looked up towards the edge of the arena, that woman would be his target from this day forth. He understood she was most likely trying to eliminate a threat so he decided acting as if he did not care about her attempted murder would be the best option. He wondered what was supposed to happen now, they had only announced two winners. Then he remembered their announcement beforehand, 'looks like someone is going to the labs tonight...' He guessed this was his fate as well, he attempted to stand up on the net but this was a very difficult task.

Status
Not open for further replies.