Magic Heart!

Shit. I thought we were done with the arguing. "Sarah, a heroine who manipulates shadows of all things should know that you define whether you're good or evil, not your powers. That said, I'm going to take her home for the night, and in the morning, she and I are going to have a little talk. She has raised a few questions that need answering, I'll grant you."

Molly yelled down into the room, "Hey, Faye. We're calling it a night. I can't believe I'm saying this, but you managed to overload the system. We'll need some time to fix it." She turned and headed out, leaving Faye to follow in her wake.

• Love
Reactions: Northern_lightz22
Faye looked back, and suddenly all of the energy was drained from her, the call of crows distanced away and she fell to her knees. She panted, her hair Turning back to its original dark brown color, and her bow shrinked into its tiny white narrow wand. She panted softly, looking up at the window where the room was. Sarah stood and glared before turning and walking out the back door with the rest of the girls, and Faye stood shakily. A lot of her Mana had been drained, even though she over loaded the system she overloaded herself as well. "W-wait Molly..Molly wait up.." she called a bit, trying to keep up. She walked out the room, trying to keep up with Molly but she had to lean on the wall and she grimaced a bit.

Molly waited for Faye. Seemed the girl hadn't figured out how to keep her mana reserves from draining after a couple of attacks. That could be worked on, but there were other issues right now. "Faye, I'm going to keep this just between you and me, but I need to know- where did you get your powers from? I mean, the other girls are terrified of you, and I think their concern isn't entirely unwarranted. Jess and I dealt with some nasty entities back in the day, and I've seen what can happen when you take offers of power. Please, please tell me you didn't enter any unholy bargains."

"Unholy bargains..?" She asked, leaning up a bit off the wall, and she looked up to Molly, frowning a little and she shook her head. "No Molly, I'd never make deals like that...my magic has always been purely from the books and training, I thought my powers were like every one else's.." she said honestly, making a sad and confused face as she thought about what Molly said. She honestly had no clue why the girls would ever say her magic wasn't pure, maybe she was a newb but she'd never cheat her way to the top. "Why do you ask, Molly..? Was I doing something wrong?" She asked her teacher, stepping forward and she gained the strength to stand in front of Molly.

Molly looked her young charge over as they got in the car to head home. "Faye, it's not you're powers they're afraid of, I think- It's how much power you can put out. You're like mass destruction on legs. And I do have to admit, the combination of fire and ravens is kinda creepy." She groaned. I didn't just put my foot in my mouth, I shoved the whole damn leg in up to my knee. "Listen, don't worry about them. Next time they get a call, I'll make sure you get point. You can save the day, and things will start looking up for you. Trust me."

• Love
"You really think I could handle a situation..?" She asked, looking to Molly as they drove out the parking lot and down the highway. She looked down a bit as she thought of her transformation. "Are the crows really that scary..? I always thought they seemed kinda cute.." she smiled and giggled a little.

Sarah walked into the silent empty training hall, her hands running over the obstacles. She thought of the past, thought of her days when Molly trained her, and all the magic girls she herself had trained. She eventually absent mindedly walked to the hologram training room, the light all off and the only way to see was the dim glowing holograms. Sarah looked up, and she glared at the shattered hologram square. "Faye....I'll figure you out." She nodded.

After they drove for a while, Molly and Faye got back to mollys house. The night fell on their city fast, clouds rolling into to guarantee a storm that night. They got inside quick, not wanting to get rained on. Faye slipped her shoes off at the front door, plopping down on the couch in the living room and she sighed shakily. "My body hurts..."

"That's your body telling you that it's done too much magic for today. You should probably call it a night." Molly went upstairs and grabbed Faye's blanket for her. "You can crash on the couch. Lord knows I've done that more times than I can count. I'll have a big breakfast ready when you wake up." She went off upstairs to sleep herself.

(Time Skip?)

(Yeah sure!)

Faye nodded, taking the blanket from Molly and she smiled. "Thank you Molly...good night." She nodded, walking back to the couch and she turned the lights off. She changed into her pjs quickly, and laid down, staring up at the ceiling of her new home for the next couple months, and she sighed. She closed her eyes, thinking about what the girls had said, how her powers were 'unholy' and creepy. She had hoped that in time the stigma of it all would go away.

-2 weeks later-
"See! She's doing it again! She keeps giving off this super creepy vibe and it's giving me chills!" One of the magic girls complained, watching Faye practice again in the hologram room, and Sarah watched. "At least she's toned it down...Molly really is a good teacher.." she said softly, looking over to Molly across the windowed control room, as she watched Faye. Sarah bit her lip a bit, and walked to Molly, standing next to where she sat. "So...have you figured out what's giving her all this power?" And she smirked. "You can't tell me you don't feel that dark energy coming off her...do you really think she'd be safe to civilians?" She asked. In those two weeks of just pure practice, the Radar had not gotten one call that beginners could handle. There was three levels; Beginners, Intermediates, and Masters. When the government saw attacks from monsters and villains, they would analyze their powers and strength, and from there send a signal to all Radar facilities telling them if they needed Master magic girls, intermediates, or just beginner magic girls. And so far, for the past days, only intermediates and masters have been Called out, no beginners, so that meant Faye couldn't go.

"No clue where she's getting her power from. Even she doesn't know." Molly looked at Faye, tearing through the latest training drill. "And the civilians will be fine. Most of them are smart enough to get out, anyway. The only thing you have to worry about are the idiots who are addicted to their cameras and can only think about YouTube views."

Molly's phone rang. A quick look at the number revealed it to be the local cops. "Uh-huh... yeah... got it covered." She called out, "Hey, Faye! We've got a call for a beginner! Giant lizard tearing up 34th Street! You want the car, or are we flying out?" Now we get to see what she can do for real. I hope you're ready for this, Faye...

Faye looked over, still in her magic girl form. At first, she panicked a little, her, her human form and magic form starting to shift back and forth, but she calmed down and nodded. "I'll fly, teacher." She nodded, her thick voice echoing as they turned off the hologram simulator and she rushed out the room. She ran past the magic girls, who all stared with hands on their hips, yet she only smiled. Behind her, crowd followed, cawing loudly, and as soon as she left the building her wings exploded out in a fiery show, and she flew up, into the clouds, and flew at top speeds to 34th street.

The street where she met her enemy was one of the most popular tourist areas for their big city, all the nicest and highest end stores and restaurants. She was told during training to learn to hone in on her powers, rather than let them explode and get out of hand. So she especially had to be careful around here, casualties were not exceptable, but property damage was kinda expected. She landed down hard, her feet digging into the cement of the street, and she looked around. The area was vacant, people evacuating and running away, but the lizard creature was no where to be seen.

Watching Faye take off at high speeds, Molly knew she couldn't keep up in the car. I haven't done this in so long, it's gonna feel really weird. Taking a deep breath, she called out her transformation incantation. "Wind Warrior! Zephyr White!" A white flash, a roar of wind, and she took off, following hot on Faye's heels.

Molly stayed up in the air, looking for the lizard. She spotted it a couple of blocks over, a forty-foot long dark green iguana rapidly ripping up houses. "Faye! It's over there, not too far off! I'm going to provide support if you need it, but this is your show. Go nuts!"

• Love
Faye looked up when she heard Molly, and she nearly fell to her knees. To see Molly as Zephyr again, and in person made her feel immediately self conscious. She gripped her bow, and just watched Zephyr fly, her graceful wings beating at the air and Faye shakily nodded. "Yes teacher..." she nodded, and looked down the road. Suddenly, the lizard came around the corner all the way down the street, and roared, rushing on all fours to meet his apponent. She tenses her legs up, feet digging down into the cement and she glared at the rushing lizard. "Oh nocturnal...grant me fire!" She yelled, her hand shooting out. As her hand jutted out, a roar of flames shot at the lizard, but he dodged it, climbing the side of a building and she growled. And unexceptally, she ran TOWARDS the monster, her feet dashing across the sidewalk. Crows followed her, and she clapped her hands together once, an orange ring of light surrounded her and the crows fly around her. "Fetch me the monster." She told them, and the hundreds of birds swarmed the creature, eventually knocking it off the building and onto the street.

Faye ran towards it, her wings behind her and she extended her bow. Her eyes flowed orange, and she stomped, flames kicking off her feet and she lit one of her arrows. "This is it..." she whispered, watching the lizard roll back over to stand up. She was only Feet from it, and she watched in awe at the massive creature, reptilian eyes watched Faye's every move, as she faced off with it. "This is it." She nodded. She jumped up, and abandoned the flaming bow, turning it into what seemed to be a flaming sword. This was the first time she had done this, but she didn't have time to react, before she landed on the Lizards face and raised the sword. "I am Faye, but my magic girl name is Hydra Nocturnal. Remember that name when you are in purgatory!" And she slammed the sword down, impaling the lizards head and he fell over dead.

"Impressive, Faye." Molly landed with all the delicateness of a seasoned professional. "You handled the combat like a champion. A little too aggressive for my tastes, but it seems that your powers are all short-range. Make do with what you have, I guess. And I'm trying to figure out where on earth you got that name."

Molly watched as the monster dissolved into a clear fluid. That was good; if it had been a black ooze, it meant it was a construct, and that was an industrial-size can of worms. "Let's get back to base. It's tradition to have a party in honor of your first successful mission, and I wouldn't want you to miss it."

• Love
Faye nodded, following close behind Molly as she looked back at the decaying monster. People walked out from the cover of buildings, and started to cheer, smiling as they rushed out, and she smiled, waving to them as they cheered her on. This was her first job, to see every ones reaction and their gratefulness, she couldn't help but feel confidence bubble inside of her.

"Get used to it, darling. You're going to be a star!" Molly took off, signaling Faye to follow her through the sky.

The Radar headquarters was buzzing with joy. A stream of sparklers adorned the entrance, and all the magical girls were out in costume with a gigantic cake. "We have a bunch of these, just for moments like this. You should see us after a big call-out," Molly said with an ear-to-ear grin.