MAFIA

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
If this round of Mafia ends successfully I'd like to run another one, and something IntrusivePen said made me have an idea for ir. Currently it's purely town versus mafia- so the only group the town will focus on is the mafia, and vice versa. Those who know of Town of Salem (a more complex online version of Mafia) will know the game has several different factions working against each other. I was thinking of borrowing one of the Town of Salem roles in the potential next round- specifically the jester. They are a neutral (not town or mafia) role with the aim of getting themselves lynched. If they succeed then during the night phase they may kill one of the people who voted them guilty, so it is no-one but their own interest to lunch them. I think I'd want a few more players to join to run such a roll, since otherwise they may make things a bit too hard for town. I'd also need to decide how they interact with other roles- eg. If the doctor heal their kill or not. I thought I'd post the idea here for initial thoughts, and so I don't forget it.

I like that idea! The Jester is actually my favorite role to play in the original Salem game; you have to be clever. Or you could just spam the chat until people get irritated and lynch you, but where's the fun in that?

Also, if you start another round, I'd love to participate if there's room. ;)

Sounds interesting! I haven't heard of the Salem game, but now I want to look it up. :3 And I will always be interested in participating in this. 'Tis a great game.

I like that idea! The Jester is actually my favorite role to play in the original Salem game; you have to be clever. Or you could just spam the chat until people get irritated and lynch you, but where's the fun in that?

Also, if you start another round, I'd love to participate if there's room. ;)
I'd love to have you join in the next round!

Sounds interesting! I haven't heard of the Salem game, but now I want to look it up. :3 And I will always be interested in participating in this. 'Tis a great game.
You neeeeeed to check it out!

Reactions: Sumirenko
Eh. I much prefer epicmafia. Larger variety of roles, multiple game modes, and lobbies too. (Plus uh..... ToS has a bit of a poor rep with some people, and uhg. There's vids about it on YouTube by tormental and magnasword. Don't wanna go into the details about it really.)

Eh. I much prefer epicmafia. Larger variety of roles, multiple game modes, and lobbies too. (Plus uh..... ToS has a bit of a poor rep with some people, and uhg. There's vids about it on YouTube by tormental and magnasword. Don't wanna go into the details about it really.)
Haven't heard of epicmafia, I'll take a look, thanks!

If you get another game going, I'd be interested.

Reactions: Daz
I mean- if there was anything I could take from Tos, it would be an afterlife system. I mean- the dead can theorize without influencing. Probably best to do it in an invite only PM just so that nobody can read and take advantage.

I will be away on holiday from the 11th of February to the 18th of February. Since I'd rather not put the game on hiatus, I'm going to ask a close friend run things while I'm going. They will be fully informed of all the rules and timings, so hopefully things will run smoothly. I'll try to introduce them before I'm away, so look out for that!

Okay, @Daz That is good to know.

I've updated the original day thread post to have a phase by phase list of who has died so far. After every day and night phase this shall be updated with who has died in that phase. This should make it easy to see who has died so far, and when.

As for voting, I'll announce the nominees so far then have everyone post their vote as a reply in the day thread. Why not a poll? Because I want there to be a clear record of if someone has changed their vote, so that other players may use this information; even when there isn't a change in vote, this method brings more attention to each player's vote, a helpful tool for immediately bringing up suspicious voting patterns. I'd request you don't edit posts during voting and that you instead post again if you wish to change your vote. I'll nominate you in the next day phase and start you off with one vote (as opposed to none) if I see you editing who you voted for rather than posting again. >:P

Since this means I have to manually count the votes (I know, so hard) I request you keep chatter to a minimum during voting, so it's easier to see everyone's votes. I'll rate each vote with a thank-you when I add it to my tally, so you can check to see if I've added your vote or not.

Role idea for next round: Witch Doctor. Can revive a dead player by sacrificing their own life.

Huh. Could be interesting, especially when combined with roles like doctor.

I like the witch doctor idea.

There's also the Couple. Two people madly in love. If one of them dies, the other follows.

• Love
Reactions: Sumirenko
There's also the Couple. Two people madly in love. If one of them dies, the other follows.

Ah...I've played with that one before--or, rather, a variation of it. We were playing Christmas themed Mafia and one person was Mistletoe. He got to pick out a Couple at the start of the game, and then our GM let the Couple open their eyes to see who they were paired with.

Now, the Mistletoe was a good friend of mine: one of my best friends, in fact. There was this other kid there that I don't get along with too well, though we've been more friendly with each other lately. It's a bit of a running joke that we don't get along, actually, which is why my friend paired us up. Now, me and the guy didn't suspect my friend of Mistletoeing us at all. He's not the type to do that, normally.
We were both indignant, and, well, we made ourselves a little obvious to the Mafia with our whispering to each other to try and figure out who had paired us up so we could direct the voting away from them. We were mad, but we didn't want to lose. Anyway, the Mafia figured out we were the Couple and killed us.
After the game, we found out who was the Mistletoe. The guy I had been paired with was furious. Me? First I was shocked. Then I couldn't stop laughing.

The next day phase will start at 7:30pm (GMT) tomorrow (Friday). Same rule as before applies to night actions!

Reactions: Joan