Mafia 4.0: Day Thread #8

...And although I've done the best I could, my old luck ain't been so good, and tomorrow night I'll be Alberta bound...

The night phase has begun. Please do not post in this thread until the next day phase.

Those with night actions will have through Friday, July 27, to send me their actions.

Hey guys! Sorry for the belated update! I left town on Friday and totally forgot to get the day phase started. Now, I've returned only to find my internet completely demolished by a storm. I'm on the last legs of my cellular internet, so I'm gonna hold off on starting the next day phase until everything gets fixed this Wednesday. Sorry guys! I'm, like, the worst GM ever. D:

*falls in* I SUCK, OKAY? ;___;

@Joan
@RJS
@LuckycoolHawk9
@The_J
@Lusterine
@CrystalTears
@Cabob7
@Starlighter
@Canadian Cat

The town is violently awakened by a seriously belated crow of the rooster. Alas, the night was once again fatal! Canadian Cat was taken from this cold world, slaughtered by none other than a giant tree branch--a maple tree, if you must know. So gruesome, so vile!

RIP Cat 2018

The day phase has now begun! The members of the town will have until Sunday, August 5, to discuss who they think is guilty for all these deaths. On Monday, August 6, they must begin the vote to lynch someone...or they all gon' die...

So, we're fucked now unless the medium contacts one of us. So far, we got three alive mafia, the executioner (or jester), the survivor and three townies. We're at eight players which means we need five votes.

So, literally our only hope is to lynch one mafia today and that means the survivor ( who shows no intention of helping town or mafia and just won't vote) and executioner ( who has no reason to vote with town and especially none if they are jester) Which means, no matter what happens, we will be stuck with a three on whoever the mafia wants to vote ( Probably Crystal, Cabob or me ) and three on whoever we think is mafia ( RJS, Joan, Starlighter or Lusterine).

Only one who is safe is @The_J as we know he is the survivor. If we kill the wrong person or a neutral, we go down to 3 mafia vs 1/2 town vs 1/2 neutral. Right now, if we do kill the right person, we go down to 2 mafia vs 2/3 town vs 1/2 neutrals. Tomorrow we need four votes so once again the neutral would have to vote with us. After that we would be down to 1 vs 1/2 vs 1/2. We would need either 1 neutral or both neutrals to side with us and if the mafia is smart, the executioner would be the jester most likely and would want to die, so we lose unless the jester wants to side with us. So basically, if the neutrals and us don't vote together on each attempt, town loses and seeing as both of the neutrals don't need town to win, we're fucked.

I've been completely zoned out about this because real world things but it sounds like we're kinda boned.

Welp. Bad luck guys.

I wonder if this game might be better off with either a jailor or a vigilante, styled after the ones in Town of Salem. Lets the town even out the killings a bit more (without being as powerful as a mafia kill, since they don't have as much knowledge).

Reactions: Elle Joyner
I wonder if this game might be better off with either a jailor or a vigilante, styled after the ones in Town of Salem. Lets the town even out the killings a bit more (without being as powerful as a mafia kill, since they don't have as much knowledge).

I'm leaning towards Veteran since it would aid to the ambiguity of death if they killed town or mafia. But yeah, Vig is just as good.

Also, hey mafia members, since town is already boned, do you want to share your win or just fuck everyone over and lynch survivor. We do need to kill someone and he isn't really picking a side.

Hey what no leave me out of this. No one benefits from me dying.

Hey what no leave me out of this. No one benefits from me dying.

Technically, mafia benefits as does executioner/jester. Mafia has one less person needed to vote, executioner has one less person needed to convince to lynch their townie of choice. Only one who loses the benefit is town and since you are the point of SO neutral that you won't vote, we aren't going to win anyone. Being undecided is actually one of the downfalls of survivor as it means you can swing the game either way.

If you're gonna Lynch anyone, Lynch me XD I'm the executioner, and at this point I don't think I can really win anyway. It's not like the mafia are going to vote me up once my target is dead, lol.

• Love
Reactions: LuckycoolHawk9
If you're gonna Lynch anyone, Lynch me XD I'm the executioner, and at this point I don't think I can really win anyway. It's not like the mafia are going to vote me up once my target is dead, lol.

@Starlighter Who is your target if I may ask?

Also, here's a new list then.

@The_J: Survivor
@Starlighter: Executioner ( maybe turned jester)
@CrystalTears: Townie? Mafia?
@Cabob7: Doctor
@RJS: Claims townie, possible mafia
@Joan: Probably Mafia
@LuckycoolHawk9: Townie. ( Listen how else would I have that bit of meta game text?)
@Lusterine: Mafia it seems.

I think our mafia now are RJS, Luster and Joan now. It would make sense on how the mafia is so calculating.

I am a normal Townie! XD

People thinking I was mafia for so long, and I had no way of proving otherwise xD

So hey, remember when I said we needed to be more proactive about lynching people otherwise we'd sleepwalk to a loss?

I'm deeply unhappy to have been proven right.

So hey, remember when I said we needed to be more proactive about lynching people otherwise we'd sleepwalk to a loss?

I'm deeply unhappy to have been proven right.

It's funny because I knew that it would happen as soon as we couldn't get any information on the mafia. So now we got three semi-confirmed roles ( J as survivor, Starlighter as Exe and Cabob is definitely doctor). I say that we got one to three claiming town ( Myself ( who is actually town), Crystal ( who I trust), RJS ( Who I think is for sure either really aggressive townie or mafia))That means in theory, Luster and Joan are probably mafia with either Crystal or RJS as their third. Does this matter? NOPE.

Because even if all the town voted for a suspected mafia and we got Starlighter on our side, J is not going to vote. Also, if we don't lynch, it sounds like we just auto-lose ( That is the implication, correct @Kimberlyn)

Technically, mafia benefits as does executioner/jester. Mafia has one less person needed to vote, executioner has one less person needed to convince to lynch their townie of choice. Only one who loses the benefit is town and since you are the point of SO neutral that you won't vote, we aren't going to win anyone. Being undecided is actually one of the downfalls of survivor as it means you can swing the game either way.
Imagine you're a mafia member. You can try to lynch a survivor, or you can try to lynch a townie.
If you lynch a survivor, you gain just what you said. One fewer person needed to get a lynch vote from. The second point is BS, because I won't help either side, not just town.
If you lynch a townie, then you get exactly the first benefit, on top of, you know, lynching a townie. Killing the whole town is, oh, I dunno, the whole point in being a mafia member perhaps?

Now for the exe, that's a moot point in any case. We know who they are, we know their target, and no one is going to vote for them except the exe.

You're just cherrypicking arguments for lynching me without looking at what the other side of the argument might be.

Because even if all the town voted for a suspected mafia and we got Starlighter on our side
Imma be real honest here, you aren't gonna get me on your side. At this point it serves my interests more to side with the mafia.

Yup, because if your town dies, you die. Sounds about right that the neutral turn to Lawful Evil when there are next to no town left. I wonder which townie will die tomorrow.

Also, I'm going to say it. I'm surprised I'm still alive.