Mafia 4.0: Day Thread #8

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

• WELCOME TO IWAKU, QUOTEV REFUGEES ◉◇◉
    A site made for roleplay is way cooler we promise <3
I went back through those messages. Kimber posted the flavour text for the detective, not the vanilla towny.

With a water gun at your hip and a chipped plastic badge proving your well-earned authority, you are part of the investigative force in this town. With your highly trained observation skills, you can discover if a person is innocent or guilty. Most of the time...
Because of the threat of the mafia, you have been forced to stow away your gun and badge, traversing the town as a normal citizen. Your goal is to find these perpetrators at any cost and convince the rest of the town of your good intentions. But if the mafia find out who you are...you might be next.

My mistake.

I learned something. RJS and Lusterine didn't patticipate which is interesting since we have two liars.
And also fundamentally a moot point since Kim has confirmed that the mafia and neutrals knew the contents of that message for a while before she posted it. This means that the people who responded could well have been mafia jumping on a potential cover story.

As for why I didn't participate? Yesterday I had an utterly terrible day and basically just ceased functioning due to stress. As for why I'm only just now posting today, I was busy travelling halfway across the country to attend my brother's engagement party and then travelling back. So I'm just now catching up on the last two days of stuff.
We all already know how I'm feelin about RJ to be perfectly honest. I feel like him coming at me so hard... Even when other people were picking up what I was saying was shady as anything.
Oh, I picked up what you were implying with no difficulty. My issue was that you kept it as implication, which would afford you (if you were mafia) wriggle room if the mayor was still alive...all of a sudden you were obviously hinting at doctor! You were acting like your 'not-at-all-a-claim' was worthy of the same respect as Cat's open claim of medium. It wasn't, and never should have been considered as such. Now that you've actually claimed, and with no counter-claim in sight, I'm satisfied enough to trust you.

RJS was targeting Elle pretty hard, even when Elle had basically confirmed her role, albiet not officially. Do you think RJS could be the executioner?

See above. In no way had she confirmed her role - she could have used her reasoning to justify claiming any of the power roles later down the line. That is why I targeted her pretty hard - because if she was a mafia trying to wriggle into a later claim I wanted to slam that door on her.

As for non-claimers, I know Elle mentioned Joan and J, but IIRC we also haven't heard claims from Starlighter, Cabob or SilverVA (I read up in everything in one go and in a bit of a rush, so I apologise if there was a claim that I missed.)

I'd still prefer not to claim, but seeing as I've already stated I was town oriented, there isn't much else I could be at this point, huh? If you want me to come out and say it again with a log as proof just ask.

And also fundamentally a moot point since Kim has confirmed that the mafia and neutrals knew the contents of that message for a while before she posted it. This means that the people who responded could well have been mafia jumping on a potential cover story.

Actually, it's not entirely a moot point. There are now ten ( and nine living) people who know what I was hinting at and yes, it doesn't confirm normal townies now, but it does however confirm who isn't in the mafia, neutral or normal townie categories. If someone still doesn't fundamently understand the references , then it can confirm they are Doctor, Medium, Mayor, Tracker and Lookout if anyone in the dead chat was lying.

Firstly, I highly doubt anyone in the dead chat is lying. They were all killed by the mafia - even if they were neutral they have no reason to help the mafia.

Secondly, I kinda feel like that approach is still falling foul of a direct request from the GM of the game:
Hey guys. Let's not use my just-for-fun flavor text to try to verify who is and isn't town. It's an extremely unfair advantage that wouldn't even be possible if I hadn't decided to have a little fun with my messages.

That is true to be fair and I don't intentionally plan on using them.

I'll assume then that there are no real suspicions around here. It's up to our investigative roles then, if they're lucky enough to root out a member of the mafia the next night without dying.

Sorry. I don't buy anything RJ is saying... Probably just a side effect of being accused but I just feel like he's got a convenient answer for everything yet it all seems furtive... Ways to point the finger away from himself without actually giving us a reason to trust him.

My suspicion stands.

Just a note, since I forgot to announce it after debacles. The voting phase has begun, and 7 votes are required to lynch. Everyone has until Monday, June 25, to submit their votes. On Tuesday, the night phase will begin.

Also, to make things official, Elle Joyner has revealed herself to be the mayor. Her vote now counts as 3 votes.

Reactions: Dipper
I am voting for @RJS. Especially since they were fighting with the Mayor and hasn't done anything to make himself seem trustworthy.

I am also gonna put my vote towards RJ @Kimberlyn

That's currently 4 votes towards RJS.

I'm not sure what to think about RJS because I can see it quite possibly going either way, and I don't have the time or energy to puzzle it out in time to make a well informed decision. As such, I'm going to take a step back from this and leave it in the hands of those who seem more secure in their conclusions.

@Kimberlyn I abstain.

At this point I don't actually think that RJS is mafia. I still think its quite possible that RJS is the exectutioner though. Remember how early on he accused Lucky as being the exectutioner? Do you guys think that could have been attempting to cover his tracks? Anyways I'm not voting for RJS, if he is the exectutioner I think its a waste of time to lynch a neutral.

There are two things I want to point out here and I want some of the non-mafia to tell me if I am being paranoid or not.

Dipper - You seemed very eager to clear you name based on something you "Missread" in my post. I fail to see how you could have possible come to that conclusion. Could you please enlighten me?

Luster - I'm still a little hung up on that comment about Kimber posting the vanilla townie flavour text. I am thinking that it is very possible that you read both the vanilla townie flavour text in the mafia chat and the detective flavour text in the other thread but just mixed them up and maybe combined them in your mind. So the question I have, really. is when you say "My Mistake". is What kind of mistake?

Dipper - You seemed very eager to clear you name based on something you "Missread" in my post. I fail to see how you could have possible come to that conclusion. Could you please enlighten me?

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. What conclusion? That I'm abstaining? Could you elaborate?

Sorry I know im going a little ways back. But basically im going back to this post. It strikes me as interesting.

Wait, hold on, why would Consort roleblock Godfather? That doesn't make sense and rules out the possibility of us being mafia-aligned entirely. Provided, that is, our visiting friend is Consort.

If anything, this pretty much frees the two of us of suspicion.

Sorry I know im going a little ways back. But basically im going back to this post. It strikes me as interesting.

OH. It was more the way you worded it that confused me at the time. I think I misread it as you saying somebody (who apparently isn't anybody) had visited us to block us, thus freeing us of suspicion because Mafia doesn't block Mafia. Then you clarified that when you said "Noah Body" you literally meant nobody and it confused me at the time because I legitimately thought we had a member by that name.

... Which is kind of sad come to think of it.

okay I could buy that...for right now anyway... :P Just seemed odd to me how quickly you jumped to "Hey this means im innocent"

Um

Do we HAVE the numbers to anstain again???

Genuine question/concern.