Lurking in the Dark [IC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
noelani-png.33655

@Noceur

After the general had walked off, eyes lidded as she stared with grey eyes at the phone in front of her she paid little to no attention towards where she was going. She had passed a gang fight, a cake shop, a park and a traffic jam yet her eyes had not wavered from the bright screen that was illuminating her face with a white glow. Pale skin was lighter, giving the brief flash of blue within her eyes a lighter tint before they faded back within the grey pools, black pupils tiny as they wavered. Noelani reached up, rubbing at the flesh of her eyelids as she groaned, looking around her with a small 'o' forming at her lips. It had been ten or so minutes since her departure from Shinji and Makoto but...she had no clue where she was.

Pausing she took note of the forest like scenery, trees swaying lazily in the breeze as the grey skies matched curious orbs that stared up with them. Her mind briefly flitted to Makoto and Shinji before she shook her head, expecting both were safe and not having met a agent or two, even them she hoped they were not rank one agents for she did not want to loose her dear subordinates. Coughing slightly, nimble hands reached up to rest upon her lips as she studied the area carefully, her phone shoved back in her pocket.

The sky was slowly becoming darker with the clouds but she easily made out the long row of trees that stood before her, the range of greens gave the area a brighter scene as the frail light lit up the drenched leaves as each tree moved in synchronization with the others. It was beautiful, it almost made her miss this and nearly built up the desire for her to remain above ground, surrounded by the swaying green. "...No.." She whispered, crushing it with a merciless gaze as she steeled herself, hands clenching as she decided to continue walking forwards. She was a monster. Noelani saw no need to enjoy this until she had helped in creating a safe world for monsters. Till then...humans could enjoy the beautiful scenes they abused.

Slowly the lights and colours danced within her view as she met with the site of a large circus tent, others scattered around and wagons places at random places as well. Her head cocked as she tried to recall what was so familiar about the scene before her. The magnitude of colours, the bright lights and painfully peppy sights that almost made her remove her own eyeballs from their sockets. It took her a few more minutes to realize where she was and when she did her eyes snapped open wide, muscles relaxing as her lips parted with a silenced gasp.

"Carnival."

A loud groan passed the other generals lips as her mind traveled to this domains general, Conquest who otherwise was known as Carnival. Tired eyes just shut for a moment before she looked up, spinning around on the spot to look back at the direction she came, hoping that it was the right way with her senses, only to see trees. "I am not lost." She demanded of herself as she turned back around, her mind contemplating if she should go greet her fellow general. Noelani just muttered a few words before she walked closer towards the largest tent in hopes of finding the ring leader before she was caught by any other monster. Peering inside she found no one, shrugging as she slipped past a few circus workers before she noticed a large foo dog. A frown cast itself upon her lips as she walked over, setting her hands upon her hips. "Exposure to humans is not beneficial, General Kizuato."

women%20touhou%20katana%20weapons%20konpaku%20youmu%20short%20hair%20white%20hair%20anime%20girls%20swords%201920x1200%20wall_www.wall321.com_10.jpg

@Mcfluffy @Aka~Kitsune @Sinopa @Wolfsin

A dark smile seemed to cross the girl's lips as the monster made his comment and dropped the child. Her eyes flicked to the girl when she saw her press against the wall and let a small giggle escape her lips when the monster threatened her once more. It was almost commical to see all this go on around her, but a normal human would not find this funny. A normal human would have been screaming her head off in fear. When the monster made the comment on her appearance and smell, the girl only let her smile grow further. She had almost made a comment, but she turned then and looked back at 3 men standing at the entrace of the alley. 1. was a man in a body suit, which the monster had come to name "Robot." 2. was another monster, standing close by and pointing at the other monster with a small grin. and 3. was the fast approaching monster with green hair and a blade in his hand. The girl let her smile fade then, turning it into a frown as she took a step back to watch this unfold.

She moved back towards the darkness of the alley, unable to mask the sudden pleasure that was rising in her. This was not the behavior of a human, but she looked like a human, smelled like a human...well almost. Everything about her screamed almost, but this was not about her. How would anyone here know who and what they just discovered. She moved a little further into the alley, but stopped when she saw the little girl. She looked over at the green-haired man who was watching both of them with a blank expression. He did not know. The agent and his hound did not know because they were too busy dealing with the task at hand. And the monster in front of her did not know either. She was basically in the clear. But she could not stop that ever gnawing sense of curiousity, sense of want...but for what.

Her eyes fell on the man in the mecha suit. There were eyes of hate. Vengeful, spitefilled eyes but again this was not about her. She moved back more into the alley, grabbing the small girl's hand as she moved. The girl was about the scream, but the looke Alice gave her sudden silenced her. It was a smile, but it was demented, black to the core as she leaned down and whispered in the child's ear.
"If you come with me, we will find your 'mommy'. If you scream, I will take you away and eat you." The small girl's eyes widened as she stared up at Alice in disbelief, but Alice's expression had changed already to one of horror. She crouched down and pulled the little girl close to her, as if to sheild her from anything that were to happen. Her eyes flicked to the green-haired man and she gave a fearful, yet determined nod.

None of them had even seen anything before this. Perfect actress...

Last edited:
image.jpg

@Aka~Kitsune @DoomyCakez
@Sinopa
Brian watched as the schoolgirl took the child away, he couldn't do anything now. But it didn't seem she was going to harm her...so for now he could deal with the monster...or monsters.
The "robot" caught the sound of another monster behind him. Wanting him to stand down, but he wasn't going to do anything like that. He stayed perfectly still, bow drawn and aimed at the
Monster. "I'm not just going to let him go...and while your here too...I guess it's two for one now" Brian said, visor reflecting the sunlight.
image.jpg
He was waiting for someone to make a move, or even say something else. Maybe even surrender.

There have many times that he has dealt with monsters. Lots of which have craft ways of escaping, but a taser arrow always stopped them dead in their tracks...but others fought back. Lots of close calls, but he had enough experience for it. He just hoped he wouldn't have to fight... The kids seen enough.​

cerebus-png.33658

Cerberus continued to stare blankly at the deemed 'robot' with a small huff every now and then as he tilted his head, his grin gone as he narrowed his eyes. His brows slowly knitted together as he pursed his lips, nose twitching slightly as he eventually paused, standing up straight. "Hey...Robot." He called out, his hand raising the gun slightly till it was used to point at him. "Have we met before? You smell really familiar." He stated, head cocked as yellow bore down upon the agent with a look of interest. "I mean, though its faint you have a smell I have definitely come across before." Matthew finally finished questioning him, dropping the gun back to his side as he turned to the new voice.

He took note of the green hair and male like appearance despite the fact he could easily tell that the person was female, mostly due to the scent. A grin slid onto his lips as he as he waved, shoving that very hand back into his pants a moment after. "Yo' Makoto." He called out, turning his body at the waist to see the Lieutenant of his beloved master. Taking in her appearance he smirked, rolling his eyes deliberately as he huffed. "Dressing as a male as usual huh ms.Lieutenant." He teased before ignoring the agent to look at the watcher. "So, I'm guessing she is pissed with me huh?"

Lastly his attention was turned to the monster school girl, his brow raised at her helpless defense. "Oh...playing human..." He added quietly before shrugging, uncaring to why she intended such a boring facade. Gaze back on Robot, Hound and the Lieutenant with a huge grin. "This is just hilarious." He hissed, reaching up to drag his nails across his shoulder, a common action for when he fell into his more aggressive side, it was almost as if to grasp a old wound. "Not going to let me go? Psh." He waved it off, turning yellow upon the female Lieutenant with a raised brow. "You got a high agent here...aren't you going to inform the boss. She will be pissed if she finds out either way."

Well, she would be pissed if Makoto got hurt.​

"I figured as much."
I replied with a sigh.
I looked over at the schoolgirl who was backing up with the kid, she seemed sadistic so she was either one of the cruel humans or a monster, all hinted to the formal but either way I didn't care.
{I don't care for humans, but I hate unnecessary bloodshed. Kill her and I will hunt you down.}
Human children, they're lucky to have a little of my sympathy, though that doesn't mean that if they get in the way of my duties I won't 'remove' them.

"Yo' Makoto. Dressing as a male as usual huh Ms. Lieutenant."

I twitched and anger soon filled my previously blank face. Light rain started to pour down, and quiet thunder could be heard, had I been in my monster form he would have already been electrocuted, but I needed to build that up.

"MISTER Lieutenant!" I yelled. The only thing keeping me from pummeling him was the fact that I was behind a first agent and his hound.

"So, I'm guessing she is pissed with me huh?"

"Nooo, what makes you think that? She's happily eating cupcakes in the mess hall." I said sarcastically, though I'm sure she would be if we didn't have to search for Cerberus.

"You got a high agent here...aren't you going to inform the boss. She will be pissed if she finds out either way."

My eyes traveled back to the man in the suit. I didn't want to fight him, all by my self I couldn't take the two of them. With Cerberus' help then maybe, or at least enough to get away. I was Lt. for my mind, not my skills in combat, which weren't horrible, but what could I do against a giant metal man? If I acted now I knew Cerberus would jump in, his body language told that he was just itching to fight.

"If she was nearby I probably would, but we had to split up, and you know how she is."

I took a deep breath and held it. We had to get away, fighting wasn't an option. The ground was covered in water now, all I needed was just a moment more. I let go of the breath, with three swift movements I grabbed 2 more kunai from my boots, dashed from behind them towards Cerberus, and threw the kunai towards their feet. The blades pinned their shoes in to the ground (it didn't hit their feet, just the side of their shoes). I put myself between them and Cerberus and turned to them. I grabbed another kunai from my boot and held it up in the air. Another deep breath escaped my lips, a bolt of lightning struck down towards the kunai and before it hit I threw the blade at the ground between them and me. Steam filled the air as the rain connected with the heat, providing cover for an escape.

I turned to Cerberus and grabbed his hand pulling him with me as I ran away from the agents. {We're leaving, if you argue you will regret it.} I told Cerberus.
I was already panting before we even started to run, using that much of my powers in human form took a lot out of me. I was slower than usual, but I didn't stop, I had to get Cerberus out of here or both he and I will be captured. Both of us being important to the watchers who knows what the ministry would do with us.

women%20touhou%20katana%20weapons%20konpaku%20youmu%20short%20hair%20white%20hair%20anime%20girls%20swords%201920x1200%20wall_www.wall321.com_10.jpg

@Aka~Kitsune @DoomyCakez @Mcfluffy @Wolfsin

This was just...silly to her. She stayed in her slightly squated position, holding the trembling child in her hands as she watched the event unfold. They had done nothing but talk and it was...annoying to say the least. Where was the bloodshed? Where was the carnage? It mad her angry just to see them talking it out. She heard Mathew's words towards her and she smiled. Why let the cat out of the bag when it was not about her? Maybe she should wait for the time being before she made a big reveal. Hell...none of these people even knew who she was. None of them would be old enough to, Hell she disappeared just after the first big battle in the Rats. She was nothing more than an old tale now. History...fairytale. The thought of that seemed to also frustrate her.

{Why am I hiding exactly?} She thought then. She had once talked of revenge of bloodshed. Wiping all Agents and anyone else who wronged her off the face of this planet. She was once feared, but now no one even knew her name. Even knew her face. Hell, she had switched glamours so much that even she had forgotten what her monster form looked like. {What of Calem? He would be disappointed with how I turned out...I told him I would avenge his death, yet here I am...hugging a filthy human and acting like one. Good even my own scent has vanished.} She looked down at the girl whose eyes widen in horror when she caught a look at her face. "Your eyes..." Was all she was able to whisper before she fell silent again, tears streaming down her face once more. It was almost sickening. The girl growled then, deep in her throat, but was suddenly pulled out of it when she heard a voice in her head.

{I don't care for humans, but I hate unnecessary bloodshed. Kill her and I will hunt you down.}

She could not believe it. Her eyes rose as she stared at this...woman...yes it was a woman, in disbelief. Had it been so long that everyone had forgotten her? Had she stayed that hidden for so long? The years had seemed to melt by, driving her nuts. She heard the agent speak, and turned her head slightly to look at him, her expression still shocked. The agent thought she was human as well? Well of course he would. There was nothing about her out of the ordinary, except for maybe the hair. Hell, she had kept her aura low for such a long time that she was actually afraid it was stuck like that. She could feel sudden anger rising up in her then, only multiplied by the sudden burst of steam and a large commotion around her. She looked over at Mathew, only to see the green-hair woman had joined him. She ordered their departure and she just watched. {So they are watchers then?}

She heard the child let out a small shriek next to her, causing her gaze to float down towards her. She was gazing up at her wide eyed, not daring to move an inch. What had caused the sudden fear? The girl simply blinked at the child before she spoke. "Your...skin..."

The girl growled and cursed a little under her breath. It was getting later than she had expected. She would need another glamour soon, but now she was not even sure she wanted one...suddenly...she wanted blood. She wanted to fight. She wanted to destroy. She rose up from her spot, keeping a hold of the child's hand as she waited for the steam to clear. The other 2 monster's shapes could still be seen through it. She tilted her head slightly, almost amused by the whole process. The green-haired woman had stabbed the agents' feet to the ground? She almost laughed. What? were they leaving? Fleeing from only 1 agent? She clucked her tongue against her teeth and looked down at the child again with a demented smile. "Do you want to go home?" The child gave a quick nod and she smiled. "What is your name?"

"Molly... what is yours?"

The question took her aback slightly. It had been so long since she had actually used her name. Her head tilted slightly to the side for a moment before she could remember it. "Call me...Dineyra."

diana-png.33672

@Wolfsin

"It was easing off when I was on my way out. Hence why I didn't bother with an umbrella, but even if it's gotten heavier again it isn't as though water will hurt. You don't have to come if you're that reluctant," Diana said dryly, taking no notice of Chad's fairly ridiculous excuse. As he spoke again she couldn't help but smile softly. "Always the gentleman. Don't waste too much of your time being concerned with me though, I can handle myself well enough."

She watched him rifle through the mess on the floor for a jacket, head cocked to one side. "My hound is fine, thank you. If she can even be called a hound. She's just a puppy and sooner or later they're going to get her killed by making me take her up against something twice her size," She mutters, frowning. "Maybe then I can get a replacement which can't be swallowed whole. I don't know what they were thinking but I swear if they gave me her because they thought I needed something more 'feminine' than the killing machines you two get-" Diana stopped herself, realising her hands had balled into fists and slowly unclenching them. "...Sorry. And even if you'd prefer to be working with Akiela, who would be far more delightful to spend time with and train, it's better to have something that's easily replaceable, right? Even if they're disgusting..."

She followed Chad outside after saying a quick goodbye to Akiela, for a moment unsure what to say at his confessed hatred for the job before sighing. "What would you like to be doing instead? If the Ministry would even let you quit, which I doubt they would unless they already had a replacement. And don't just say you'd live off the money you've saved and play video games all day...there must be something more you'd want to do. I don't think I'd stay in this city a second longer than I had to if I quit..." She trailed off, shaking her head. "Maybe it's a waste of time talking about this. But there must be at least one Second Rank who's due a promotion by now. Maybe you'll get lucky...and I've been on a few missions lately but not enough. Mostly I've been focusing on training...you? Anything exciting?"​

image.jpg

@Aka~Kitsune @Sinopa @DoomyCakez

"I mean, though its faint you have a smell I have definitely come across before."

Brian almost froze, of course it was stupid to jump to conclusions. But...those eyes...they where familiar. Flashes of the incident years back flashed before his eyes, as if the suit was showing him. The monster had those same cold, dark, and condescending eyes. Sent a chill down his spine.

Then it stopped, and he saw a glimpse of the female monster, jumping over him.

"Armor mode, engaged"

Cells on the suits skin clumped together, creating a almost impenetrable wall of armor. Making Brian feel two times as heavy. The kunai just hit the boot, causing a small spark and bounced off, Brian put a arm over his face incase of anything else. But nothing came. Once his arm dropped...they were gone. "Fuck!" He said punching the wall closest to him, cracking some bricks in the process. Brian then leaned his head against the wall and just sighed.

After sometime he turned back to the two girls. His bow folded up and he put it on his back. "Energy low, armor mode disengage" the cells returned to normal. He put a hand on the school girls shoulder from behind, "are you two okay? No injuries?" He asked in worry, completely oblivious to what the schoolgirl really was.

"What are your names, we need to get you guys home."

{ Banner coming soon }
The foo dog had heard a voice address him before he turned around staring down at a small black haired girl. Slowly he became smaller in size and his fur became shorter, going to his head and turning into a rich and natural gold color. His large paws became hands and feet, yet his unnatural features or peculiar ones remained. Including his ears, claws, and tail."Exposure to humans is not beneficial, General Kizuato." The girl said. Kizuato, the ringleader of it all blinked, before slowly smiling. He flicked his dog-like lion ears and smiled, chuckling.

"Exposure to humans is in actuality, indeed quite beneficial in some ways." The ringleader nodded. His height slightly towered over the girl and he calmly crossed arms--A regular posture of his."Slow progress, but better then nothing." Added Kizuato nodding his head agreeably."It shows that not all monsters are savages. We too, can also feel and understand. It just depends which monster you'll encounter, and with us around it's more like a symbol of reassurance and hope." Kizuato summed up briefly as he turned away from Noelani."Care to join my lonesome?" He asked looking over his shoulders.

Humans and monsters were peaceful and warmly mutual towards each other here at the carnival. The carnival was like a way of redemption for their kind. Those who were taught or raised to be savage, or was simply born one, it was a reassurance that they can be kind too. Not all were aggressive. As Kizuato walked he noted some humans befriending monsters, monsters getting along with humans, it was like a safe haven really and he smiled through it all faintly.

"So.. Did you come from anywhere before landing here dearest?" He asked curiously. Yet his tone was flat, and attitude wasn't the least bit changed,

• Love
Reactions: RaccoonKing

@Mcfluffy @Aka~Kitsune @Sinopa

There was a couple more rustles as in a sudden flash, the two monsters lept up and disappeared over the building. The school girl watched them a strange interest, her eyes narrowing on the spot they disappeared on as she thought aloud. "So...Mathew and Makoto...I'll have to remember that..." She sighed and brushed a bit of damp hair from her face before letting her eyes fall to the small child next to her. The girl was...okay she suppose. She was shaking like a leaf, the expression on her face like a deer in headlights. The school girl almost laughed, but kept it in, instead letting a smile slowly cross her features before she heard a loud bang just behind her.

She turned and looked over her shoulder to see that the agent had punched a wall. The school girl watched for only a moment before she heard the whimper next to her. She glanced down at the child again to see that she had been jolted from her trance and was now staring up at her with the same wide, puppy like eyes.
"...Please don't hurt me...I just want my mommy." The school girl's eyes narrowed before she gave the girl's hand a light squeeze. She leaned down then and spoke in nothing more than a whisper. "Killing you would me meaningless now...besides, I lost all amusement after the cowards fled. As long as you stay quiet, then you should be fine..." She smiled a demented smile before she straightened and gave the girl a small nod. The child gulped and nodded back, holding back whatever tears she had left.

It was then that the school girl felt an abrupt weight on her shoulder. She tensed slightly, but other than that made no reaction other than turning her head to gave back at the person who had touched her. Her face met a chest, which caused her to look up at the robotical face of the agent. She stared at him calmly as he spoke, realizing he had no idea what she was.
"Are you two okay? No injuries?" He asked in sudden worry. The school girl glanced at herself and then to the child before answering. "I'm fine, but I think Molly here has had a bit of an adventure..." She gave a small laugh and brushed a bit of hair out of her face as he spoke again. "What are your names? We need to get you guys home." At the mention of home, Molly pulled free of the school girl's grip and clung to the agent's leg, fresh tears forming on her face as she cried. "I want to go home now!....mommmyyyy...." The school girl frowned, but answered the man in a less flamboiant fashion. "Alice...I don't think I will need an escort home, sir. I think I will be able to manage on my own. The child on the other hand may need more care, seeing as how she was stuck with that...man."

She had instantly slipped back into normal behavior. Any trace of what Molly had seen was gone as the stea settled. The school girl gave a slight smile before she spoke again, looking over the agent with curious eyes. "May we know our hero's name, or shall we keep on calling you 'Sir'. And better yet, who were those people. Monsters of course, but they were rather...organized."

noelani-png.33655

She stared with her usual blank grey orbs at the Carnival leader, her lips pursed as the wind brushed raven strands across pale skin, light pink parting to reveal a deep sigh as she shook her head. "That may be so General Kizuato...but not all of us have very appealing forms." She added, narrowed eyes closing briefly as her mind wandered. Of course, there was a time when she would believe the words that spilled from his lips, even to try and assist in the strengthening of the bond between human and monster...but not longer. "Some of us produce fear and hatred, something that makes us hunted." She stated, arms folded as she continued staring.

Noelani considered his request, her brows raised as she hummed, thinking about her options before she nodded, bowing her head slightly. "Of course." Even if she barely agreed with the dream he had, he was a general just like her and so she respected him. Really it was only Famine who earned her hatred. She followed her fellow general, eyes closed as she did, arms folded under her bust as she tried to imagine the idea this...carnival created. Eventually she just opened her eyes, tilting her head as she looked back at him. "Before this...I was with my Lieutenant and a member of the watchers in an attempt to find Cerberus." Of course...she got lost but she herself would never consciously accept that.

Eventually she leaned against a tree, grey peering at the most peaceful general with curiosity, her expression relaxing as she cocked her head. "I...would like to inquire why you wish to form a bond with humans." She stated, pausing only to reword herself. "I mean a large majority of our kind harbors hatred for them, anger and distrust yet you and your whole faction support the idea of peace between us both." Noelani stood up properly as she stared up at him, making sure to curse her height. "Why?" Her usually steely voice wavered slightly, the change minuscule as she frowned. Hauntingly, the images of a time before appeared within her mind, causing her to overall soften, her posture and tone.​

cerebus-png.33658

He couldn't help but chuckle as his eyes lit up with childish glee, as if this all was just a present for him, something he was delighted with. "Hey, Robot!" He called out, leaning forwards as the cross hung from his neck, black metal swaying hauntingly from his neck. "Make sure you tell me what I did and when next time! Okay? I like to remember the events that caused me to mess with someones life." He taunted, grinning madly as he settled his hands upon his waist, yellow orbs glimmering with amusement. "A walk in the park ended with me meeting a robot, this is just the best~" He cooed with a slight chuckle before he turned, watching Makoto with wide eyes.

The lieutenant jumped over the robot, throwing a kunai before landing in front of him, promptly grabbing his arm as he was dragged along. He watched with curious eyes as he was pulled after her, even grinning when she began to pant. "Tired already Lieutenant?~" He cooed, intent on pissing the girl off since it was something new to do. Reaching down he plucked the smaller form of the floor, settling her within his arms bridal style before smirking as he himself continued to run. Due to Noelani he needed to protect her and a first class agent was a risk he didn't want to take with Makoto here. After running for a while they were in a slightly populated area, the few people here and there. Stopping outside the alley he let her down, staring at the small form as he laughed.

Cerberus looked around, taking note of the area before he folded his arms, leaning against the wall with a huff. "You took my fun away Lieutenant..." He blamed, sending a dark glare her way before grinning with renewed joy, his hands clenching his upper arms till the skin became red with the pressure. "Though I got to know that there is an agent with something against me...probably something I did to his family. Probably killed them all..." Though he didn't care, he just revealed that he had once again broke a rule of Noelani's since she forbade him from killing entire groups of people without permission and with a valid reason. "So, my masters ever faithful lieutenant left the general alone..." He asked, tilting his head as he raised a brow. "Is that a good idea, she sucks when it comes to directions. She could be in the next town by now..."​

"Tired already Lieutenant?~" I snarled at him, but it was interrupted by a gasp in surprise at being lifted and held bridal style in his arms. I light pink brushed my cheeks, not out of some pathetic shy crush thing school girls do, out of embarrassment that I, the fierce 'I can do it myself' Lieutenant was being CARRIED to safety. And what made it worse was that I wasn't going to stop him, I knew that in my current condition I woudn't be able to run fast enough, I hate being so physically helpless in my human form.

When he set me down by an alley I brushed the imaginary dust off of my pants. He stared down at me and laughed. Ignoring his words, I narrowed my eyes and slightly scrunched my face as I walked in front of him and repetitively hit his chest with my fists.
"Don't treat me like I'm a helpless little g-g... Human! I am perfectly capable of running without your help! I was the one that saved your ass!" I wasn't hitting hard enough to faze him, but it helped me let out my anger and embarrassment.

When I was satisfied I stood straight, held my arms behind my back and turned away from him.

"So, my masters ever faithful lieutenant left the general alone... Is that a good idea, she sucks when it comes to directions. She could be in the next town by now..."

"I know, but her orders were to split up and you know how stubborn she is. Now that I've found you, we are going to go find her."
I looked around trying to locate where we were, we weren't far from the watcher's entrance.
"Ok, the watcher's cave is that way." I pointed north-west. "She left from there, will you be able to catch her scent?" I looked back at him, my face once again blank.

Last edited:

image.jpg

@DoomyCakez

When her the schoolgirl turned around to face him, more flashes of memories were shown before him. The suit, giving him pure images from the past. As if the suit remembered the instance as well, the time he lost his kin. Blood...broken furniture, and mutilated bodies... And those eyes...those cold eyes. No one could forget something like that, Brian wished he could drink it all away...if only the damn suit would let him.

His return to reality was when the child gripped his leg. Even though he wore a full body suit... He could still feel things, as if the suit was another layer of him. Not even Brian could figure out how that worked.

The big man ruffled her hair gently with a hand, trying to bring her comfort. He looked back to Alice, and nodded his head slightly. "They were from the faction the watchers if I'm correct... Though that sadistic one, seemed more like rat with the attitude he showed" it seemed Alice was in the know of things, so she wasn't oblivious to things like such others were. Made him question her. "Names Brian Delini, or you can call me big man like all the others." It was true, some people did call him that for his massively muscular appearance and his towering height compared to other humans. "How do you know about monsters?" He finished before plucking up the small child easily, and rested her on his shoulder comfortably.​

@Mcfluffy @Wolfsin

Dineyra's head tilted slightly as she watched the agent silently stare at her. Her question went unanswered for a couple of seconds before he was suddenly snapped back to reality when Molly grabbed his leg. He reached down an ruffled the girl's hair and Dineyra felt sudden disgust rise up inside of her. Why comfort the weak and unworthy? How Dineyra saw it, the child was nothing more than a meal...well a snack to say the most. She did, however, manage to keep the demented stare from her face, resorting to a slightly blank expression as the Agent addressed her. At the mention of The Watchers, her eyebrow quirked in slight surprise. "Watchers?"

She of course knew who the Watchers were, even if most of them would be too young to actually remember her now. Her eyes narrowed slightly as she turned to the spot where both had just disappeared and let a slight pout form on her lips. She hated the Watchers and the Rats. Hell, you could say she hated every monster and human alike. She turned back when the Agent addressed her again, allowing an small smile to form on her lips before she gave him a respectful bow. "It is nice to meet you, 'Big Man'." At the mention of his next question she let out a cheery laugh, waving her hand as if it was nothing. "I am a teenager. What do you expect from the massive amount of forums and such that you can find online. Not to mention the Circus as well. Trust me when I say this, Agent Delini, monsters are not in the dark as much as they use to be. They may have found better ways to hide. Hell, you could have one standing right in front of you one day and never know it....That's how Molly got into trouble today." She glanced down at the child for a brief moment before Agent Delini lifted her to his shoulders. He was rather big, completely dwarfing Din in size and stature, which caused Din slight discomfort, but she would not show that either. She kept a surprisingly merry smile on her face and folded her hands behind her back, just below her bunny backpack before leaning forward slightly and gazing over the Agent's suit. "So are you a robot or something?"

• Love
Reactions: Wolfsin
image.jpg

@DoomyCakez

Brian took account to what Alice had said, it was true. Monsters were getting more crafty by the day. Always leaving agents two steps behind, but that never stopped him. Then she hit him with the question, "are you a robot..." Something no one had ever dared to ask him. Everyone feared him, looked at him like some sort of abomination. Only conversations he had was when talking to the director. Or when dealing with monster's. Anyone else didn't have the guts to talk to him.

"Well...no...I'm just as human as you are. Flesh and blood under this suit. Though I don't now how long I have until that changes." Said Brian with a pause. Hesitating on if he should continue. But, why stop there, he finally had someone who was willy to listen. Or at least give him a reason to explain his current situation. "The suit...it's like a living thing. It always adapts and changes according to the surroundings. It allows me to do things no human could do, but with good comes bad" he continued. He still held the girl, who was now comfortable on his shoulder, he had one arm supporting her lower half and the other supporting her back. Of course for him, she weighed absolutely nothing due to his strength. But the extra support made the child feel safe. Brian new how to deal with kids, wasn't the first child hostage.

"I can't take it off without dying, thanks to all the severe tasks I went through while in this suit, I have two dislocated vertebrae in my spine, multiple rip fractures and lung punctures. My heart is bruised in several places, and I have a broken leg. Not to mention a huge puncture wound going from my stomach to the back from a huge claw" Brian explained. He felt as if he was rambling and the girl was losing interest. "It won't let me die, my heart stops, and it jumps it back to beating again. Somehow it stops me from needing food, or using the bathroom. At least I can sleep...that it hasn't taken. And I can't take it off without it killing me in the process since the inner parts of the suit have worked its way through my puncture wound, into my spine...god knows what shit it's doin-"

"That's a bad word"

"Yes that is a bad word, and people shouldn't say that, I should go in the corner huh?" His attention turned to the little girl.

"No...ill let it pass" the girl said giggling "but if mommy caught you, you would be in big trouble"

"You'll let it pass!" The robotic voice echoed. "Well aren't I lucky" he played along.​

anime-emo-boy_00016690-png.35541

@Sinopa

The day started off like a normal day... Lex went about his business in the morning, getting ready to head off to meet his 1st Class partner. All was well and good... until some people decided to get too close and pushed him a little bit. Was it on purpose or accident? Lex didn't take the time to find out before he snapped. Not much liking being surprised or being pushed at all, he got into a fight. He elbowed the first one in the gut and it just escalated from there. In the end, there were a half-dozen people groaning on the floor and clutching various parts of their bodies from where Lex hit them as they tried to calm the raging hound.

This led up until he had to be sedated by some random scientist, quelling the rage and knocking him out. Awakening a few hours later, Lex was in a bed with guards by the door. As soon as he showed signs of being awake, the guards walked over and grabbed his arms, hoisting Lex to his feet. He was practically being dragged out into the main lobby of the Magistry building, where he was met with the scientist that put him to sleep. With a sneer at Lex, the man looked around the room, seeming to be looking for someone. Eyes brightening as he noticed a little girl sitting off in the corner, the scientist took hold of Lex's arm and practically tossed him onto the ground in front of her.

"Here, take this insect to his 1st Class. Chad V. Kaiser."

Giving the little girl the address for the 1st Class, the scientist walked off. A growl escaped Lex's throat as he stood up, taking one look at the little girl with her doll before he scoffed softly and looked away. He was getting escorted by her? A child? Heh...​

• Love
Reactions: Sinopa
"Look, look, see the clown.
He jumps up,
He falls down.
He rolls over, like a ball.
He does not seem to care,
Not. At. All."

I sang my favorite nursery rhyme as I skipped down the hall from my little room to the lab. My clown, Seven, in my hand swinging back and forth, back and forth.
The rhyme was from when I was younger, one of the female humans were put in charge of me before Diana, before I officially became a hound. She sang it to me before I went to bed, and before the experiments. I've sung it ever since she left.

For now all I could see was darkness, but I knew my way around the ministry like the back of my hand, and I could hear if anyone was nearby. My face held no expression, not even behind the bandages over my eyes, for there wasn't anything to pique my interest at the moment.

I stepped to the corner and sat in the spot I usually occupy around this time, listening to the people work was familiar and brought comfort. I held Seven up in front of me with both hands on his.
"Look, look, see the clown." The shuffling sounds of feet entered the room as I made Seven jump, then fall on my lap.
"He jumps up,
He falls down."
I felt the air move towards me and heard someone fell in front of me. I turned Seven to face the person.
"He rolls over, like a ball."

"Here, take this insect to his 1st Class. Chad V. Kaiser." I took the paper the scientist handed me and put it in one of Seven's pockets.

"He does not seem to care." I heard the low growl and a scoff from the man who was referred to as insect.
"Not. At. All." When I finished I stood up from my corner and started walking towards the exit.

"This way." I commanded in a monotone voice, as I lead the way.

Last edited:

@Mcfluffy

Her eyebrow gave a small quirk when the Agent answered her, a strange expression suddenly coming to her face. As if she had smelled something bad or at something a little too sour. He had called her human... Well she had expected this, seeing as how she was wearing massive amounts of Glamour and had not been seen in almost 60 years, but the comparison still made her sick to her stomach. Dineyra was not weak. She was not a filthy human and she was insulted to ever be referred to as such, but she hid her anger deep down and decided it best to tease. "Awe boo, it would have cool if you were a robot!"

When he continued to talk, she was taken slightly aback. Most agents she had met were always overly cautious, always on gaurd, and yet this man was practically pouring all of his imformation out on her as if she was a diary. She was rather interested, however, finding it curious that this man was virtually indestructable...until you pull the suit off. "Ohhh...kind of creepy, isn't it?" She made a simple observation, straightening slightly as she poked his armor. "The only thing keeping you alive is this crazy, living suit....It is almost like a monster in its own way...strange what humans can come up with, but still believe they and monsters are not alike...." Her head tilted slightly to the side, letting her eyes widen as she glanced up at him. "Does it ever hurt?"

When the child spoke, Din withdrew her hand and simply watched their conversation. She was curious to how comforting they were to eachother. She saw humans as nothing more than scum. Monsters were no different either, and yet they could be so oddly comforting. The idea made her slightly sick as she gave a small shake of her head, deciding it best to play along with the conversation. "Very lucky..." She was puzzled by this agent and rather curious...How much damage could his suit take? She almost wanted to test it out herself. Unfortunately, her true form was too large for this cramped alley and he would probably have the advantage. She let out a small sigh and simply gazed over his suit once more, her interest seeming to rise more and more.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person

image.jpg

@DoomyCakez

Brian could've jumped when she poked him, but decided not to. "I can still feel things as if it were my own skin" trying to warn the girl. "But the funny thing is, it's not made by humans...nor monsters. Sure it's human design, but it's infused with alien technology. My father built it..." He trailed off. Remembering the video call he was having, the way the suit looked in its holding mechanism. His father spent so much time designing it, he told him it was to end the wars. But what he didn't tell him, was it was to really fight against monsters. His father hoped to change the tides with it. This suit was all his father talked about,as if it were another son of his own. The day Brian stepped into that suit, was the day everything changed...permanently.

"I'm not totally indestructible, the suit has its breaking point too. But it repairs itself, not immediately. But it repairs damage done to it. And when it takes some severe damage to it, it reboots. Which takes minutes. And when that happens, all those wounds, and injuries...they come back and it hurts like hell. I've died and came back because of it, I don't last a minute without the suit" again he felt like he must've been talking up a storm. Could've put asleep the kid he was holding. Come to think of it, Brian wondered how on earth did this child leave her mother. If she had been missing this long and no one has tried to find her, then something was up.

Brian looked behind him to see if neros hasn't ran off, luckily he hasn't, he was just leaning up against the wall. At least he didn't run off in Brian's giant speech.​

Status
Not open for further replies.