Love is blind.

Rocked slightly by the cars' movements and the steady sound of tires against the road Arianna managed to stay in her half sleep for quite awhile. She was vaguely aware of a longer stop but her eye lids felt like they were glued together and so she stayed asleep not noticing a Demetri left the car only to return shortly thereafter.</SPAN></SPAN>

Her dreams were a tangled mess of dark images and impressions, two dark shapes following her and no matter how fast she ran Ana could never escape, her feet stuck to the ground like she was running in syrup but just as she felt a cold hand on her arm the image changed and instead a figure stood menacingly hidden by darkness, arm outstretched towards her and a loud explosion followed.</SPAN></SPAN>

Jerking upright in the seat Ana gasped slightly, the blanket gliding down to her lap, noticing she was still in the car with Demetri and not the shadows from her dreams she sank back down. It had just been a dream thank goodness. Then she realized she had a blanket over her, chilled after her nap Ana pulled it up around her again, "Thank you." She said with a smile. A painful ache shot through her wound as she smiled, her mouth and throat so dry the wound had opened by the strain.</SPAN></SPAN>

Despite the darkness around the car Arianna could see that the area around them was not the city, Demetri must have driven as far as the outskirts of town while she slept. "Sorry I fell asleep," she said. Still convinced that she was unfair that got to sleep while he was stuck with driving. "Is it safe enough to stay yet?" she asked. "I'm getting thirsty and you look like you need some sleep."</SPAN></SPAN>

Demetri jolted in the driver's seat, being kicked out of his highway hypnosis, once he heard Ana gasp. "You okay there?" he asked her with concern etched into his face. She was murmuring some things underneath her breath as she slept, but Demetri zoned out because he was slowly getting tired from driving through the night. He looked down at the radio clock, and shrugged softly. "We'll stop by at this motel, just for the night. We'll have to get up early. I don't want them knowing my trail," Demetri told her with ease.

Demetri kept driving in silence, clearing his throat every now and then. He finally found a motel, and pulled up into the parking lot. Once he parked, he turned off the car by re-sparking the wires. The engine quietly went into a deep sleep. He looked up at Ana for two heartbeats, and then turned his torso to grab the bag from behind her seat. "Here," he muttered as he scrambled in a search into his bag for a couple of dollars. He gave them to her, "Go to that vending machine while I get a room," he ordered her and he got out of the car to go to the front desk.

As he went to the front desk he looked at the big-bellied man in front of him. His muscle-tee extremely stained, Demetri had to hold his breath because the stench was reaching his nose even through the clear glass between the two. "One room, just for the rest of the night," he told the guy. The guy looked at him with an emotionless face, and searched for a key as Demetri raised an eyebrow. "How much?" he asked. The man thought about it and finally answered, "One fifty."

"It's nothing," Ana said rubbing the sleep from her eyes. "It was just a dream." Said dream slowly faded from her memory as most dreams does but it left a lingering impression behind, like she'd swallowed something bitter and wile, but when the sun rose again all dreams vanished thankfully. Arianna nodded, it wouldn't be many hourse sleep but at least it would be some rest gained and if she could get out of her pyjamas and into real clothes she would feel a lot better and more ready to take on the hardships that waited.

Arianna looked on curiously as Demetri connected to wires and the engine died down, she guessed it would start if the wires touched again, something to remember in case she, god forbid, needed to start a car without keys. Accepting the money Arianna stepped out of the car, stretching high, feeling rather than hearing a slight pop from her spine, sleeping in a car was not quite as comfortable as a bed or sofa. She cast a look around the empty parking lot, seeing Demetri head off towards what seemed to be a main office, if it was large enough to be called office. It was clearly not a populated place, actually a perfect place for people to do shady buisness, hide away and doing all sorts of things basically, she wouldn't be surprised if it was a rent by hour place either.

Sticking her hadns into the pockets of Demetri's jacket Arianna headed for the run down wending machines, the glass was cracked in one corner but the machine did seem to work, the machine had all kinds of soda's and club soda's but not plain water so Ana choose sighed before sticking in a dollar, pressing a button for a cola in lack of her first hand choice, she had never liked club soda's water shouldn't have bubbles in it. Opening the can, the sound seemed unnaturally loud in the early morning, Ana drank greedily before buying one more, in case Demetri wanted one, and if he didn't then she could just drink that one as well.

Before going after Demetri Ana stopped by the car to pick up the bag he had taken from her apartment, she guessed it was clothes for her, why else would he have taken it. With the bag over a shoulder she walked quickly over the scarcely lit parking lot, glad to see Demetri walking out of the office, she wasn't so very interested in meeting the locals here. "Did you get a room?" She asked, taking one more gulp of soda. "I bought an extra in case you wanted one," she added, showing the unopened can in her other hand.

Demetri politely declined the soda from her hands, not wanting it. He had no need for drinks or food at this point anymore. Adrenaline was feeding him everything he needed it seemed. He gave her the key and walked beside her as he issued her to the room. Once he opened the door he rolled his eyes, seeing there was only one bed. He looked at Arianna, with an embarrassed look on his face. "I completely forgot to ask for a two bed room. I'll just sleep on...that really comfortable looking couch," his last words seeming a bit humorous.

He let her walk in first, turning on the light to shed some light into the small room. It smelled of cigars, as if it hadn't been cleaned of the stench for a couple of days. It burned Demetri's nose at first, but now he was fine. He placed his bag onto the couch, opening it to get his clothes for when after he showers. "You can just relax or shower or whatever. Just stay in here okay?" he told her softly as he stripped off his shirt.

He had worked out ever since he was a teenager--right when the bad shit started to get worse. He was pretty ripped, but it wasn't like he was cocky about it. He was never that type.

He placed his dirty shirt into his bag, and walked off to the bathroom, closing the bathroom door silently and stripped off the rest of his clothes. He legs ached, from the jump and having to catch Ana from the window and all the walking. He ignored the pain, knowing this was just the beginning. He got into the shower, turning the knobs to turn on the shower head. The shower head sung water on his skin, untying any knots he had in his back, and shoulders. He let his head fall back, letting the water hit him at a good angle.

As they steeped into the room the stench overwhelmed Ana, cigar smoke, junk and who knew what else. Now Ana didn't count herself as a snob but this was the worst she'd ever smelled and the only thing worse than this was that they would have to sleep in here. Taking care of breathing through her mouth she too noticed the single bed, "it's no problem. But I'll take the couch, I'm quite shorter than you and would fit better in it and wake up without a sore body."</SPAN></SPAN>

Putting down her bag as well Ana took another look at the room, it hadn't magically changed unfortunately and if she just ignored the shady corners it wasn't too bad. "I won't leave," she assured him as she turned to look at him. The sight of his bare chest made her heart beat faster and her cheeks heated up, desperately she worked to calm her reaction and force the blush away. This was ridiculous, he had only removed his shirt for gods sake why was she reacting like a silly girl? Thankfully he went into the bathroom and she hoped he hadn't seen her burning face, she had not seen many men as well trained as him and certainly not without a shirt on.</SPAN></SPAN>

To get her mind off things Ana placed the bags on a small side table before taking off her, or rather Demetri's jacket placing it over the bags. Draping the blanket over the couch so she wouldn't have to touch it directly Ana curled up on the sofa, wrapping herself in the blanket . She didn't plan on sleeping instantly, she planned to shower later but in her stubborn mind she had decided to sleep on the couch and she was afraid that Demetri would take it while she showered. Therefore she lay still hoping he would think her asleep and take the bed himself.

Placing a cool hand over her face Ana tried to think of something else than on Demetri in the shower, instead she went over what this would cause. When Robin didn't find her today what would her think, that thought made her realize she hadn't thought about him since his phone call, it felt like much longer than just hours. What would her family think, that she ran away? She didn't think so, hoped so at least, would they report her missing and think her kidnapped, wait for a ransom that would never come until they took her for dead. She had to remember to ask Demetri later if she could somehow get in touch with her family to let them know she at least wasn't dead or kidnapped. There she was back at him again, if she could understand why she reacted like this, it was such an irrational feeling.

Demetri washed away all of the tension, relaxation taking its former place. He stepped out of the shower, wrapping his waist with a white towel. He raked his hair back as he looked into the mirror to see that he had no signs of being in a fight merely hours ago. It was amazing what adrenaline did to his body. He walked out to the room, bringing his fresh clothes and placing them on expertly while he still had a towel on. He looked over toward the couch to see Ana pretending she was asleep.

"Arianna, you're not really good at faking," he murmured to her as he walked off to her. He picked her up with ease, bridal style, and placed her on the bed. "You're sleeping here, and that's final," he murmured to her sternly as he walked off to the sofa. He laid down with ease, but his mind was still very much alert. He knew she was still awake, so he spoke quietly. "Arianna, I'm sorry you have to go through all of this. But I sadly have to tell you that this is just the beginning," he muttered to her.

[sorry this is so short. :|]

"Hey!" Ana called out, annoyed, as she was promptly lifted off the couch and carried to the bed. Frowning she looked on as Demetri took the couch, "that's not fair, I took it first." She said, pouting slightly, she had no chance at all to return the favor even if he was drugged. "Alright you win," She said, sighing in defeat when she realized that she wouldn't win this one.</SPAN></SPAN>

Pulling her legs under her she sat cross-legged, pondering for a moment. "I have no experience except for TV about these kind off things so I can not exactly say I understand this situation entirely," Ana said, fiddling a bit with her hands before looking up at Demetri. "But I do know I'm grateful that you stopped those men even if that in a way brought this on, I don't like the alternate situation if you hadn't come along when you did."</SPAN></SPAN>

Deciding it was better to get the shower out of the way now instead of when she woke up Arianna got up from the bed, gathered some clothes from her bag and went to take the shower. She had to admit that for a guy he picked good clothes to bring, not that she enjoyed the thought of him having gone through her underwear when he packed the bag. The bathroom was just as unsanitary as the room itself but she'd just have to do with what they got. Stripping quickly Ana stepped in under the warm water, letting the water massage her back and scalp, cursing the lack of shampoo she had to make to with just the water.</SPAN></SPAN>

Getting out she dried herself with a towel before quickly getting into her clothes, to sleep with her clothes on wasn't the best option but it was better then to take on the dirty </SPAN>pyjamas</SPAN> again. Towel drying her hair before going back into the room Ana crept back into bed spreading out her wet hair so it would dry faster before curling up to sleep. "Goodnight," she whispered softly not wanting to disturb Demetri in case he was already asleep.</SPAN></SPAN>

(It happens, especially with mostly dialogue and a change of scene:)

((Thanks for understanding))
-
Demetri ignored her pouts and urging tone to switch sleeping matters. He tried his best at least. She was beautiful, Demetri admitted that from the beginning. As she pouted, it only made Demetri want to kiss her. If only he wasn't being chased. If only she wasn't almost taken advantage of. If only they weren't in a hotel only hours after meeting each other. That dumb word 'if' ruined everything for Demetri. Ever since he could remember. Finally she spoke and it veered his mind from his odd thoughts for a moment. "Well...you're welcome, I think," he told her quietly. "I just wish this wasn't the way we met..." he trailed.

"Once this is all over, you'll be back home in no time. So fast no one will notice you're even gone," he informed her, trying to dismiss his last statement. He then stayed quiet, clearing his throat as he got comfortable. Moments passed, and she went off to shower. As she did this, he began to think about everything. He hated this at night, when he was all alone and his mind began to relive its most horrifying memories. He groaned inwardly, rubbing his eyes as he tried his best to think of anything but his past. So he began to think of Ana. How he hasn't even seen her smile. At that thought he made a weak vow to himself to at least have her smile once so when he took her back home he'd have some good memories of her face. Other than fear sketched into her face. "Goodnight," he heard her murmur.

"Night, Ana," he murmured quietly..

Waking up to a strong ray of sunlight hitting her just across her eyes Ana blinked and pulled the covers over her head, rolling up in a ball to get away from the sun. Despite her spinning thoughts and worry last night she had managed to fall asleep anyway apparently in spite of her firm belief that she would never be able to sleep. Then all that had happened last night hit her hard and her sleepiness vanished, that so much could happen in such a short time seemed so unbelievable but it must all be true as she was lying in a cheap motel bed.</SPAN></SPAN>

Now that she was feeling refreshed and had slept a few hours Arianna realized how bad the situation really was and anxiety strained into a knot in her stomach. Hearing low noises Ana pulled down the covers from her eyes and saw Demetri up and going already, the sight of him eased her worries a bit, still feeling safer near him after what he'd done for her.</SPAN></SPAN>

"Morning," She said, sitting up she stretched slightly before standing, straightening out her jeans and t-shirt feeling weird having slept in her clothes. As the woman she was and had been raised as she instantly thought of her hair, she'd fallen asleep with it wet and much more curly than when it was dry, she almost dreaded looking in a mirror. Digging through her bag she found no hair brush or even a comb Ana settled for combing through her unruly locks with her fingers.</SPAN></SPAN>

"What are we going to do now?" She asked trying to forget her tousled hair and looked over at Demetri. "And not to sound spoiled but I would really appreciate getting a brush, or even just a comb if that is cheaper, when we have time, or else I will have to shave off my hair eventually." Ana said with small smile, running a hand through her thick, dark hair.</SPAN></SPAN>

(I'm sorry for the wait>.< and I hope I didn't control Demetri too much:)

It's fine, and you didn't control much :)
-
"Hey there sleepy head," Demetri murmured to her with a faint smile on his lips. Even though all of that happened last night, it wasn't odd for Demetri to act like nothing happened last night. It was like that for him, always had been. His mind seemed to cope the best that way. He walked into the bathroom, placing his head down on the faucet to catch the running water and rinse his mouth out. Once he spit it out, the back of his hand went across his mouth to catch the excess water.

He came back out and couldn't help but softly chuckle at her. "You're not used to this, I know. But I can't stop for a couple hours for a brush. Besides, it's just me. Once we make it to the destination, you'll get everything you need and so will I. We're going to a friend's house, and get some stuff I need from him, and then we'll head back on the road two days from now," he told her with ease.

"Sounds good?" he asked her. He sounded dumb once he realized, that she had no say in what was good, or wasn't because it was his decision. Demetri watched as she combed her hair with her fragile fingers. "Don't worry about your hair, doesn't look that bad," he told her quietly with a short nod as he walked over to their bags. "I suggest getting dressed now, so we could head out. We'll get breakfast somewhere," he told her softly.

Arianna sighed softly at his answer, no hair care then, finishing up her crude combing, she could still understand his logic though judging by the ones that seemed to be after Demetri it wasn't smart to stop for trivial things, however much she wanted it. "I understand," she then said. His casual tone and that he seemed used to this confounded Ana, although she hadn't panicked yet, or thrown an embarrassing tantrum, she knew that if put in this situation alone she would be at a loss at what to do to keep undetected and she was both glad and a bit uneasy about his indifferent attitude. "What ever you say sounds fine, I'm not used to any of this so I think following your lead is the safer way."

"I'm going to wash up but I'll just keep these on," Ana said as she smoothed out her jeans and t-shirt. "I don't want to waste clean clothes just because I slept in them when I don't know where I can wash them next time." She said as she walked to the small bathroom. Washing her face cleared out the last of drowziness that always linguered after she woke up, drying off the water she checked that her hair indeed didn't stand on end before emerging into the room again. "Okay I'm ready," Ana said grabbing her bag and slinging it over her shoulder.

Glad to leave this room behind Ana hoped they wouldn't need a shady motel once more, though she had a suspicion that so would be the case. "You seem quite used to this," she said looking ahead instead of on Demetri. "I'm not intending to pry, but it feels safer to know that you know what to do." She didn't make a whole lot of sense really, forgetting that she wouldn't be here if not for him.

"Good thinking," he informed her about her first two comments. About following his rules to stay safe, and wearing the same clothes. He got all his items back in the bag, making sure it seemed they never even slept here. He wiped stress off his expression, and waited until Arianna was done. He sat down on the couch, thinking of anything that might make this trip a little easier. Then, she came back from the bathroom and he stood up. He couldn't help but chuckle at her soft comment.

"I guess you can say I'm used to it, shit never went right when I was growing up," he replied back with an easy shrug. The shrug might have been easy, but the tension in his neck stated otherwise. Demetri placed one strap of the bag on his shoulder, and looked behind him at Arianna. "Ready to hit the road?" he asked her with a raised eyebrow. They would have to sneak out quietly, making sure they caught no attention of anyone.

-

honestly, this is short because I suck today. -___-

His answer lit Arianna's curiosity, just those simple words that hinted at things far from simple, her mind occupied with what Demetri's childhood could have been like, though she guessed that whatever she guessed was far from the truth, how could a sheltered girl like her know something about the hard reality after all? That she had learned herself as well many times during this day and night. She couldn't explain why she felt like this for a stranger but Ana wanted to know about him, his life and about Demetri himself, but she believed that he wouldn't easily open up, at least not from what she had seen, and also that he probably wouldn't so interested in a sheltered rich girl like herself that knew little about the harsh, real world.

Snapping out of her thoughts Ana looked at him and gave a small apologetic smile. "Sorry, I dazed off for awhile. But I'm as ready as I can be." She said and followed Demetri out the door, waiting as he locked it. Ana didn't see the point in all the sneaking, of making sure it looked like the room had not been occupied and their careful walk for the car, she felt a pang of guilt over the stolen vehicle, someone probably missed that car. They were trying to keep a low profile, making it unseen to the car while still trying to look normal in case someone indeed spotted them, to Ana's eyes no one was around to see them hotwire a car and driving off but she wasn't exactly trained to spot followers.

(Sorry for the equally short response>.< Though in our defense it can be said they are basically just getting into a car:)

Time skip :D
-
Demetri was driving another car, he stole it from the motel because he didn't want their followers to spot them so easily. Ana was dozed off in the car, while Demetri played the radio lightly in the background. He had the window down, as he kept driving on the empty road. Demetri looked off down the road, making sure he didn't fall into highway hypnosis. He looked over at Ana from time to time, seeing how innocent and beautiful she was.

Guilt washed over him, and it was something new to him. He never felt guilt, only pity for the people that were dragged down with him. But this time, guilt was what consumed him. He placed his eyes on the road again, kicking all the negative thoughts out of his mind as he kept driving. Finally, he saw the house over the hill, they were almost there. He placed a hand on Ana, shaking her shoulder softly. "Ana," he murmured softly.

Stirring slightly Ana opened her eyes as Demetri woke her, once again she'd drifted off letting him drive, she'd always been like that, put her in a car or a train for long then she'd often fall asleep by the rythmic movement. "I'm sorry to doze off again," she said with an apologetic tone. "I always seem to let you sit up while I sleep, it's something about a long car drive that makes me sleepy." Maybe she'd try and get ahold of some coffee or similar so she wouldn't sleep through all the car driving, which she guessed it would be a lot off.

Looking out the windows Arianna saw mostly grass, trees and a house up a hill, it was a beautiful day despite the circumstances, blue skies and a shining sun, Ana spend most of her time in the city and didn't see much off the country side, but she had to admit this was a beautiful sight compared to steel, cement and glass. "Your friend lives in a very beautiful place," Ana said, sometimes very small things, or some things that were very normal and everyday things, could impress her and became things she treasured later on when there weren't much else around. "Are you sure that your friend won't be in any danger from helping us?" Ana asked as they reached the driveway, not wanting to inadvertantly put anyone in danger.

Demetri's lips formed into a half smile, as he pulled up to the cozy looking home. "He'll be fine, being a former bounty hunter kind of helps in his case," he explained as he placed the car in park, and killed the engine. "Do me a favor, and don't get too comfortable, we don't know who is following us," he murmured quietly to her before he came out the car.

As soon as Demetri hopped out of the car, a muscular man of at least thirty came out from the home with a smirk on his thin lips. "I knew you would need me sooner or later, D," the man teased. Demetri flipped him the bird, but with a half-smile planted on his face. "Oh, who's the pretty lady? That's your girl?" The man, Luke, asked him as he gave him a genuine greeting. Demetri looked back at Ana and sighed. "Nah," Demetri murmured. As Demetri was asked this question, he seemed a bit sad just to answer with the truth. He would have to think about that later on tonight. "Ana, this is Luke, Luke, this is Ana," Demetri told the two. Ana walked over to Demetri, playing with her thumbs behind her back. "Bettere make her your's soon," Luke whispered. Demetri chuckled lightly, rolling his eyes.

Calmed in her worries Ana nodded, a bounty hunter should know how to keep himself safe after all. "Sure," she said softly as she stepped out of the car as well, a small knot in her stomach at his words and she resisted a strong urge to look around them to spot any suspicious people. The place was remote, an enemy couldn't possibly have come her before them and if they didn't come through the woods it should be quite easy to spot them, she hoped.</SPAN></SPAN>

Following Demetri, both nervous and curious about Demetri's friend. The large man made Ana feel small and slightly intimidated though he seemed friendly enough though. A slight blush touching her pale cheeks at the man's words but she stood quiet letting Demetri speak as she herself forced her blush away, it was an annoying habit that she just didn't seem to entirely get rid off.</SPAN></SPAN>

Stepping closer to Luke Ana's small stature forced her to raise her head to meet his eyes in greeting. "A pleasure to meet you Luke," she said with a smile, quitting her fiddling to extend her hand to the man. As she stepped back slightly, feeling safer standing closer to Demetri, Ana resumed her fiddling again, whenever she felt nervous or uncertain she never knew what to do with her hands so she developed this habit without really noticing it.</SPAN></SPAN>

Demetri watched as Ana said hello to Luke, and it made Demetri smile ever so softly. "Well, now that we did greetings, do you have anything for us to eat? Oh, and a brush, she needs a brush," Demetri told the man as they walked over to the steps to enter into the home. Demetri placed a hand on the small of Ana's back, suggesting she went first with his simple actions. He wanted to keep an extra eye on her just so she wouldn't have to worry.

He should be the only one worrying for the both of them.

"Some chili in the kitchen, working on the pot. Go get it while it's hot," Luke insisted as he walked in the kitchen with the two of them.

Following the large man inside the house Ana felt safer just by the small gesture of Demetri guiding her in, they weren't in any immediate danger but in this unfamiliar surroundings she was glad to have him there. That was the strange thing about this whole deal, that she could trust him so soon after meeting him, although Ana was open minded to the point of being naive, and she was sure Demetri was a good guy which in the end was good enough for her.</SPAN></SPAN>

Looking around her as they walked through a hall she admired the simply furnished house, beautiful in its own right but without a woman's touch as her mother would have put it. But compared to the large homes Ana was used to growing up this sweet country house was like a fresh change. "Your home is lovely," she said to Luke, her hazel eyes wide as she looked around the house. As they closed in to the kitchen a wonderful smell wafted through the air and Ana's stomach growled slightly making her realize how hungry she really was, even the thought of a brush to tangle out her hair was forgotten. But even though it sounded like it from Luke Ana didn't want to intrude by searching through cupboards, she had never felt comfortable to move around in other peoples homes unless she knew them so she glanced at Demetri as he knew Luke pretty well it seemed.</SPAN></SPAN>

Demetri walked with Ana into the kitchen, as Luke walked behind the both of them. "I thought you were supposed to come two days from now?" Luke asked, wonder in his voice. Demetri ignored the question for a bit, hearing Ana's growling stomach. A little chuckle escaped his lips, looking over at Ana. "Sorry, I'm making you starve," he uttered to her as he began to open cabinets and grab bowls and such. Demetri acted as if this was his home. Home, for such a warm thing it was foreign to him. "I was...but there was a change of plans," Demetri finally spoke to Luke. Demetri served Ana first, then himself.

Luke's eyes went wide, "He has guys on you, doesn't he?" Luke grabbed out a bottle of beer, offering one to Demetri. He took it, knowing it'd calm his nerves incase they decided to mess with his plan. Luke began to drink his beer, shaking head. "Keep a gun next to your bed tonight, will ya'?" Luke joked, but truthness was directly behind it. Demetri was already ahead of him, knowing he was barely getting sleep tonight. He looked over at Ana, wondering if she was shaking with fear.