Love is blind.

Taking the bowl offered to her Ana listend to Luke and Demetri talk as she ate the warm food, it was a tad spicy but delicious, apparently those guys that had broke into her apartment had found Demetri earlier than he'd anticipated. She wondered how those guys had even found Demetri in the firdt place as he stayed with her that night, maybe they'd caught onto him as he helped her fight off her attackers? Ana creased an eyebrow at the mention about guns, she didn't like guns. Not that she had seen one in use except that one time a day ago but they were loud and dangerous andmost importantly they hurt and killed people when used. She was worried over the matter of course as the situation seemed worse than she had thought but it was no use going around being scared to death all the time.

Finishing the chili Ana walked over to the bench and washed her bowl, emptying a glass off water, her favoured drink and much needed after the hot chili, before washing the glass as well. "Thank you for the food," Ana said with a smile to Luke. "It was delicious. Could you just point me to the bathroom so I can freshen up." Drawing a hand through her wavy copper hair, pulling through some knots as she spoke.

Luke nodded silently, toasting his beer in the air as if to say you're welcome. "Thanks, I try my best. Can never do it like my mother," Luke told her with a chuckle. "The bathroom is all the way at the end of the hallway upstairs, the doors open so you'll know," Luke explained. Demetri watched as she walked off to find the bathroom. Once she left the room, he sighed heavily and let his shoulders drop. "I have no idea what I'm doing with her, I don't know if I should drop her somewhere or keep her with me. Why the hell am I so weak to a damsel in distress?" Demetri muttered out loud to Luke with a bitter laugh as he shook his head.

"This is just...too much," he muttered once more lightly.

Smiling in thanks Ana left the kitchen and headed upstairs, following the hallway to the end, admiring the house, it was similar in style as downstairs and a lovely house all together. Opening the door she stepped inside the bathroom, looking the door behind her and leaned against the door closing her eyes as she took some deep breaths. This was the first time she'd been alone for a longer time since the motel and Ana let her calm facade fade away for awhile, her green eyes darkening in anxiety over the situation and the future, was this really the best choice, following Demetri around? But on the other hand the thugs following him had most likely seen her and they certainly knew where she lived so she wouldn't be really safe even if she went back home, Ana doubted the bastards would care if she no longer was with Demteri or not.

Taking one last breath she straightened up and walked over the the sink, her reflection seemed strange to her, she wasn't the same woman as she had been just two days ago, her skin almost seemed white against her dark shirt and her eyes had a cautious look that hadn't been there before. Turning on the water she poured some water in her hadns and washed her face letting the cool water ease her mind, after drying her face Ana looked around, feeling a bit guilty over intruding in someone else's house she found a hair brush and started working through her hair. Soon enough her hair fell in gentle waves down her back, taking on a red hue under the strong bathroom lights, feeling she couldn't stay up her forever Ana took a deep breath and put up her calm facade and smoothed out her pale jeans before exiting and heading downstairs.

She missed her family already, just knowing it may take a long time before she could meet them again made her miss them even more, she feared they would believe she had run away after the party she'd been on with Robin. Shocked at her own thoughts she realized how she barely thought about him, she felt increasingly guilty that she didn't seem to remember missing her own boyfriend, he must worry as well, maybe he was even suspected for her disappearance? Forcing herself to push such thoughts away she made it back to the kitchen where Luke and Demetri had last been.

Demetri noticed Ana walking in, and abruptly stopped speaking. Luke have her a cheeky smile, throwing his beer into the trash."Well, I can see that you two need a nice shower and a long nap. We'll talk later tonight, alright?" Luke offered as he got up from his seat, nodding his head as if saying goodbye.

Once Demetri knew he was certainly gone, he looked over at Ana, beckoning her to sit by him. Once she did, he opened his mouth. Nothing came out, so he cleared his throat as he thought of what exactly to say. He knew she was scared, no matter how well she placed on her façade. He could see her complexion was pale. He could see the dark circles slowly beginning to form underneath her eyes. He raked his hair, looking at her with his eye warm and soft. "I did nothing bad, I swear. I mean...yeah, I stole and killed a man or two, but all for a reason. They're after me because I put their main man in jail, he's always been trying to get me...but he has a son, and he's pissed. So, they're all trying to kill me, for a price," he explained to her.

"You're stuck with me and I know that doesn't sound so pleasing, but I swear I'll keep you as safe as I can. If I act like an asshole, it's for your own good. I'll try to make this easy for you, okay?" He told her as he played with his thumbs.

Sitting down by Demetri Ana wondered what he would want, he looked unusually serious and nervous and during this short time she had known him and with all the dangers she had not seen him nervous at all, serious yes but not nervous, so she was curious to say the least. As he prepared to speak once more Ana took strength and comfort from his wrm eyes, and she would certainly need it. Ana's mind froze as he spoke, his words etching into her brain like they were seared into her memory. Her body stiffened as she started to take in what he had said, she had expected stealing and probably some violence with how effortlessly he had fought off her attackers but this was beyond that, murder was a whole other level. Ana was a kind woman and her sheltered lifestyle had only made her softer, not used to any kind of violence or conflicts and also owning a strong sense of right and wrong, and now her entire being fought against the thought of Demetri being a murderer.

Although he said he had had a reason for his doings and Ana could understand that killing someone in self defense was sometimes the only way out but he also spoke of it so easily, he was obviously more used to this part of the world, a darker world that got rid of the weak that Ana had never experienced until know. But he had been kind to her and promised to keep her from harm the the extent of his abilities and when he was clsoe she felt safer than when alone and her instinct said he wasn't a bad guy at heart. "Okay," she said softly, just then realising she had tensed up and slowly relaxed. "I guess my logical side wants me far away from here but I do trust you Demetri," she said looking him in the eyes. She may be naive and overly trusting but Ana always had an easy time trusting people and her instincts were often right, though this was one reason to why she was easy to take advantage off, even when she knew people had done wrong she was open to second chances and rarely wanted to thinkbadly about others.

Demetri looked at her with a surprised look on his face, "You trust me?" he asked her, his eyes wide with wonder. Surely, she could be comfortable around him...but trust him? No, didn't make sense. But he would have to do with that. For now. "I mean, if that's how you fell. So, if you want to go on and take a shower and rest I'll show you to the room he's letting you borrow," he told her with a sigh as he let his forehead lay in his palm, looking at Ana with a weak, but soft smile.

"You're logical side will keep you alive, so make sure you listen to it at times," he told her as he got up, walking over to the fridge to grab another beer, popping it open easily with the handle upon the fridge, and took a nice long sip.
-
want to time skip like..at night, as like...Ana feels Luke touching her?

It had been several hours since their talk in the kitchen and darkness had fallen outside, Ana had taken a long shower, relishing in the luxury of having a clean enviroment and to actually have schampoo and soap and not rely on just water and dressed in a clean pyjamas before crawling down under soft sheets, curling up to the wall and read a book she had found. Eventually she got too tired to sit up and so she lay down but continued reading anyway, she knew she would have a hard time sleeping and reading calmed her.

The house was quiet and still, only a few birds still sung outside, their voices barely audible through the walls, events swirled around inside her head and it seemed like sleep would never come, and while she tried to sleep a part of her feared it. Feared the nightmares that could come if she gave up control. Ana rarely, if ever, had nightmares but they seemed to haunt her now, being followed, hunted, and sounds of a gun, the events from earlier forgotten by day but vivid by night. With a snap she realized how weak shu must look like to others who had suffered much worse than herself, she was very fortunate and that was what mattered, turning ove rso she faced the wall Ana closed her eyes and where quickly fast asleep, her hand relaxing and the book fell to the floor with a soft thud.

Her sleep disturbed by faint sounds Ana curled up on her side, not really awake and were quickly on her way to fall back into a deep sleep, someone leaned on the edge of the bed but Ana, who after finally relaxing fully in a place safer than any other so far was so exhausted and didn't wake up to notice it. First it seemed like a dream, a dark and creepy dream, shadows clawed at her, tracing over her body and when she turned they followed, never giving up, fear was starting to build up in her as the shadows pressed harder on her body. With a startled jerk Ana woke up, realising her dream had been real, there was someone by her bed, her instinct was to get away qwuickly but the man held her fast, with hte faint light from the moon Ana recognized Luke.

Her eyes wide in fear and confusion she squirmed and kicked but the man was much bigger than her, and a lost stronger, she felt her throat starting to close up in panick but she held it back with force, panicking now would not make it any better. "Demetri!" She screamed as loud as she could for the only other one nearby. Her scream was cut short as Luke clamped a hand over her mouth to keep her from screaming, desperate to get loose she used any agility and strength she had to get away but it was no use, until one knee connected, she was still held tightly but the hand covering her mouth vanished. "Help!" In the quiet house her screams rang louder than seemed possible.

Demetri finally fell asleep, but his ears were still alert about everything. Finally once his heart was at a sleeping pace, he heard a scream. He heard Ana's voice yelling his name. He jumped up, and got onto his feet. He grabbed the gun directly from his bed and ran to her room, only to see Luke on top of her. He was holding his crotch, his legs were straddling Ana while fear struck in her eyes. Demetri didn't need full light to see the feared look in Ana's eyes. Demetri cocked the gun on Luke's temple, daring him to move. "Get the fuck off of her, Luke. Now," Demetri spoke out evenly, looking at Luke with stone-cold eyes. Luke bitterly laughed, anyone could tell that he was drunk.

"Who the fuck is laughing?" Demetri spoke loudly. Finally, Luke got off of her as he had his hands up in the air, in surrender. Demetri then hit him square in the temple, knocking him out cold as he laid limp on the wooden floor. He fell lazily with a thump and looked over at Ana. "Are you okay?" Demetri asked her, scanning her body to see if he touched her or anything. He sighed heavily, seeing that he came just in time. He took Ana's hand, pulling her out of the bed. "C'mon, we have to get out of here. Grab your things, while I find his stash of money and maps," Demetri called out to her as he opened the closet door inside of the room, and knocked in the far wall, making a wall. The plaster fell from the wall, and he saw a glimpse of a bag. He kicked the wall once more, and knocked down the rest of the plaster as he grabbed the bag, dust falling directly to the floor.

"Got everything, let's go," he told Ana, wanting to hurry up before she got the urge to be scared again. He had to keep her busy, not wanting her to think about what just happen. Once she had everything, he gave her his jacket, making sure she was kept warm as they went outside. The cool air struck them both, and he helped her into Luke's car, deciding to take it. He knew it was full, because Luke told him last night it was. Demetri found the keys on the coffee table. He struck them into the ignition, and started to drive once Ana got in. He sighed heavily, looking directly ahead. "I can't believe I lied to you," he muttered underneath his breath as he shook his head.

Half in shock Ana dimly noticed that Demetri pulled her out of the bed, as she did as she was told and gathered her things and put them in her bag, pulling on her shoes Ana had a feeling of deja vu. This was starting to get an annoying habit, to get up in the middle of the night and leaving without changing, the irony would have made her smile almost if she hadn't still been like in a daze. Her brain refusing to really deal with what had happened just as with the earlier events, later she would sit down and sort through her feelings over this but now that would only confuse her more. Nodding to Demetri she gratefully pulled on his jacket as they went down the stairs and onwards outside, Ana shuddered in the chilly air the cold seemed worse than it really was as she still felt the shock from Luke's actions.

"It's not like you could predict what someone else will or will not do," Ana said, putting on her seatbelt as Demetri drove out of the driveway. "That's also a reason why I don't like alcohol, it messes with people's heads and makes them do and say things they may not have otherwise." Curling up in the large jacket Ana started biting her lip, a bad habit that surfaced at times when she was particulary nervous or absentminded, as now when her thoughts kept going bakc to the events with Luke, to get her mind busy with somethin else she turned to Demetri. "This seemed to have become a habit now," she said with a small askew smile.

Demetri chuckled humorlessly, shaking his head as he continued driving. "This just keeps getting better and better," he commented outloud to no one paticular. He looked over at Ana, not sure what to say. So, he decided to keep quiet. He continued to drive in silence. Half an hour later, Demetri pulled up to a gas station. "Stay here," he told her as he got out. He placed the nozzle into the gas tank, then walked off into the store to get some snacks. He quickly bought some energy bars, and some drinks and then came back to the car. He paid, and got in. "Hungry?" He asked her quietly as he placed the keys in the engine.

He gave her the bag, so she could pick whatever she wanted. He found the closest hotel and parked. "This place is more decent than the last," he spoke outloud, shrugging lightly.

((Sorry it's short, the one after will be longer, promise))