Love, Except it isn't, maybe... (Wade & Leather)

Wade Von Doom

All Caps when you spell the man's name
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Sci-fi, modern, horror, a bit of dark romance stories.
Another day, another party, another chance to do some dumb shit because you know the old saying..... 'Fuck it.'

It was now mid-October. School was now running full time, classes were well underway, students had gotten used to waking up in the early hours of the morning, and everyone was preparing for Halloween. In this case, a pre-Halloween party to celebrate the birthday of a beloved student who was left home alone while his parents were gone for the weekend. The student in question had illegally bought booze, as well chips, sodas, candies and other snacks.

The party took place around 8-9 at night, with the music inside raging on as students danced, got drunk, or tried to find a room for some 'private time together.' Thankfully the house in question was outside of town, somewhere in the woods, so no need for neighbors ruining the occasion or police. One student in particular, a handsome, yet gothic looking teen, was enjoying the company of a woman on the couch. The kid was Danny Turner, a troublemaker by his looks, but had the bad boy personality that attracted women.

He had brought with him another gothic looking girl with a pale face, bleach blonde hair, and black lipstick, and needless to say, they were having a rather passionate session. The two were fondling each other in public as only their clothing was protecting them from performing intercourse for the party to see, but as the girl was heavily kissing Danny, she stopped and moved away from him, her face blank as she looked into his eyes.

Before she knew it, she vomited on the floor, causing everyone already not looking to them to immediately view the scene. The goth girl ran to the bathroom, holding her hand over her mouth, while Danny watched her leave. He sighed and threw up his hands, standing up and walking outside, disappointed she couldn't handle her liquor. She had around three cups of Vodka, mostly pressured by Danny to do so to make her more susceptible to saying yes if they wanted to also find a bedroom.

The move had happened so quickly and it seemed like things were just moving in a blur. Dorms were uncomfortable and classes were a lot harder than the young girl thought they would be. She almost disappeared into the crowd. It was college after all. She wasn't just stepping into the halls of a tiny high school. But, it wasn't like she was trying to be a ghost in the background.

College had been a little more overwhelming and it was taking Cammie all she had not to turn and run back home. But, she promised herself she would try and make it one full year. If she couldn't do it, she would pack her things and head home and go to a college closer to her father. Her first two classes were earlier in the morning. She was a psychology major. She wanted to be a therapist at some point in her life. She enjoyed the classes but wished she didn't feel overwhelmed by the people. She had only been lucky to make a few friends, but they were with girls in her classes. She still looked like such an oddball.

But, on her hike back to her dorm one of the girls, Kerry, came running her way with a smile so big on her face it looked like her skin was going to crack. "Cammie, wait up!" she called out. Cammie turned and looked at the redhead. "What's up Kerry?" she said holding her books close to her. People seemed to be buzzing by them with a lot of energy. "There is a party tonight and I want you to come. Please?" she said looking at the petite girl in front of her. Cammie bit her lip lightly and was starting to think of ways to get out of going, but she knew that she needed to get out and experience life a little more. "Fine, just text me all the stuff I need to know," Cammie said before turning on her heels and heading to her dorm.

Cammie had managed to make herself look as decent as she thought she could. Her thick blonde hair was tugged into a messy bun. Her curvy body was hugged close by ripped black jeans and a grey crop top. She had slid into her black vans and put on a little makeup. She found her way to the house and pulled her car up to park behind the massive amounts of other students. Stepping up she headed up the sidewalk listening to the sounds of music blaring out of the house. Her phone in hand as she texted Kerry to see where she was.

Before she could reach the front door, Danny barged out; holding a bottle of beer in his hands, and walked past Cammie, before turning around to look at her ass. Because of course. Immediately, the Gothic man was interested in Cammie, more so for her body than anything else. She looked hot, she was new, he never met her, best to hit on her and see what happens. "Hello~" He said aloud, getting Cammie's attention.

"Haven't seen you before." He walked up to her, holding his beer behind his back while holding onto its lid. He tried acting normal, as he didn't want to come off as a drunken idiot to the newbie. "Danny. You are?..." He asked, putting out his hand for her to shake. When he got another look at her face, he did like how gorgeous she was with the light amount of makeup and the very sexy attire she wore.... Well he found it sexy at least.

Cammie's phone in hand she jumped when someone pushed out the door. She looked up at the man who pushed passed her. She crinkled her nose and wanted to say something, but she decided to bite her tongue. Kerry had texted her to tell her that she was inside grabbing a drink in the kitchen and that she would make one for her too. She stuck her phone into her back pocket and by the time she went to grab the doorknob she heard a very over exaggerated hello. "Great" she huffed under her breath. She turned and her ice blue eyes landed on the man who about knocked her over when he came out the door. "Hi" was all she said to him. She wanted to so badly to turn around and go into the house. She took a good look at him for a moment and felt a little stuck in her place.

"Probably because I don't come to things like this and I just started school," she said with a cocked eyebrow. She took a step back when he came up close to her. She could see one of his hands behind his back. That made her a little uncomfortable. She watched his hand and took it. "Cammie," she said before pulling her hand back. He was handsome in a strange way that seemed all his own. " I'm going to go inside now." She said as she grabbed the doorknob. She was interested in him, but something told her it would be better to go inside. "See you around," she said and opened the door. She pushed passed some people leaving the gothic figure in the background. She found her redheaded friend who had a drink waiting for her. Cammie took it and smiled, but it appeared Kerry had other plans.

Kerry disappeared into the crowd with a big frat guy. Cammie left leaning against a kitchen counter sipping her drink.

The Goth watched her go inside and left her alone for now, not wanting to creep her out to the point she wouldn't talk with him again. She was better looking than the other girl he was with, so of course he was gonna go after her. Stretching his arms out, he went back inside, staying far enough away from Cammie, but making sure he could still see her through cracks in the crowds. He observed how she acted while with her friend, noticing she seemed quite awkward and staying to herself.

Not to social around people, which was a thumbs up for Danny as that made her an easier target. If he played it right, he would be the friendly lad who treated Cammie like a friend while everyone else ignored her. Once he saw her friend leave with a jock, Danny made his move. He put his drink down and went to the fridge to grab a new one, the fridge right next to the freshman.

He pulled out a Root Beer, then another, saying to Cammie, "Want one?" Holding out the second Root Beer for her to grab.

Cammie was starting to feel very awkward. She was new, she was a freshman and no one was looking her way. She didn't know how to start a conversation with someone and she wasn't sure what people were okay to approach. Everyone had their own looks here. Some people seemed to blend in and she assumed those were the women and men who were part of frat house and sorority. She would never fit in there. Of course, she was a good looking and well-dressed girl. but she could never fit in with how catty those girls could be. Cammie may have been awkward, but she worked hard for her looks. She was in the gym at least four times a week. She ate well and always kept up with her clothes. Normally they were clothes that held tightly to her figure.

Cammie looked out into the crowd and she noticed that the gothic looking boy had made his way back into the house. The music seemed to echo loudly through the home and she wasn't sure she could hear anything. She turned her head to look away from him and she took a sip of her drink. She crinkled her nose as the taste of whiskey poured down her throat. She heard the refrigerator open and she turned to look at Danny who was pulling something out of the fridge.

She put her glass of whiskey down and took the root beer from Danny's hand. "Thanks," she said opening the drink.

Danny also took a root beer, opening it a few seconds after Cammie did. "You come here alone?" He asked, taking a sip. He leaned back against the counter and crossed his legs, putting his elbows on the top as he looked to Cammie. She was incredibly attractive to Danny, and while he wasn't one to look at with his...... Unique look, if you forgot the piercings, he was quite handsome.

He didn't work out as much as Cammie did, but he was fit enough and by no means overweight, just a bit on the skinny side of things. He smiled softly to Cammie, wanting her to feel comfortable around him before he decided to do anything. He wanted this to play out with him bringing her someplace private, as he was still feeling needy after his partner vomited on the floor.

Cammie watched him cautiously she wasn't sure how to interact. She really hadn't spoken to many people since starting college and on top of that, she didn't really speak to men while she had been in school. She let her eyes roll over him for a moment. Something about him seemed like trouble and she wasn't sure if she was ready to jump into that trouble with him. "I came here to meet a friend," she said thinking about Kerry who had disappeared with someone else. "But, it appears she got a little distracted along the way," she said looking at him with ice blue eyes. She didn't use to seeing people dressed or looking like him. She was originally from a small town and it was very rare she didn't see most people in cowboy boots and jeans.

"Did you?" she asked as she shifted her weight onto her foot as she crossed her legs. Her back pressed against the edge of the counter. She could tell his eyes were roaming over her and it made her face flush for a moment. "Also, rootbeer at a party?" she asked with a small smirk on her face. She brought the can to her lips to take another drink.

"Alone too," He lied, not wanting to ruin his chances with Cammie. No need to say he was here with someone vomiting their guts out somewhere in the house. He took a sip of his root beer and responded with, "Can't get plastered too badly. Cops show up and see a 18 year old with booze, you're in trouble. Have some root beer around, you're safe." She did seem very young and likely under the legal drinking age, but Danny wasn't much older than her he figured, being around 21.

"So where you from?" he asked, putting the root beer down and crossing his hands. "I live in town myself," pre-answering, as she likely was gonna ask him the same question. Repeat the question back to someone else to keep the conversation going, a good way of being social without trying too hard.

Part of Cammie doubted that he had come alone. It seemed very rare that men came to party like these alone or they came meeting up with someone. He had to have either scared the girl away or she was drunk somewhere in the house. She placed her rootbeer down beside her. She made sure she could see it. She wasn't stupid and knew people could slip things in drinks. She crinkled her nose "Seems like you've dealt with that a time or two before" she tucked a piece of her hair that fell from her bun behind her ear. She wasn't of legal drinking age just yet. She was fresh out of high school and in college. She was barely 19. But, she never let that stop her before. Her family made their own bourbon and that's what they were known for. Hell, that's what her entire hometown was known for. She wondered how old the man in front of her was, but she wasn't going to ask. She doubted she would see him again after tonight. She felt her phone vibrate in her back pocket. She pulled it out and seen Kerry was apologizing for leaving her and if she would just give her an hour she would meet back up with her. Cammie didn't plan on staying that long. She ignored the message and stuck it into her back pocket.

"I'm from Bardstown, Kentucky." She told him crossing her arms over her chest. Her tone stomach peeking out more from her crop top. She licked her lips and tilted her head to look at him more. "Never want to leave here?' she asked him raising an eyebrow. It was weird to have someone ask her questions and she wasn't sure how much to tell him and when to stop giving him information.

"Would gladly like to leave here." He admitted freely, since he felt this town was shit and there were better opportunities for him somewhere else. "But nothin' can be done yet. Mom's single, dad ran off, and the next High School near here is a 45 minute drive. I'm not going that far." He explained, taking another sip of his drink. The mention of his father being gone was a sympathy ploy, trying to get her to feel bad for him that maybe with his dad gone, Danny went off the rails and became what he is now.

Though really Danny's life wasn't too bad. I mean, yeah, his mom was never really there for him either, leaving him alone on playgrounds when she couldn't pick him up after school and almost sent him to a mental hospital because of child services, but a story for another time. "... Wanna do something?" He asked, putting his can down. "Not much fun listening to bad music and being by yourself. I know a place we can talk better."

Cammie looked over at him. She wasn't sure how to feel about the things he just told her. She wondered if any of that was true because she had always heard boys lie when they want girls attention. "Well, that sounds terrible." She wasn't too sure what to say, but she knew if it was true that was terrible and she didn't think anyone should go through that. "Well, that's your choice." She with a cocked eyebrow. She had lived with her father only. "I packed up all my things and left my father to move here for college," she said uncrossing her arms to grab her drink. "But it is nice of you to stay behind for your mother" she added.

Cammie tensed up a little when he spoke about doing something with him. "I barely know you" she said taking a sip of her drink. "I probably shouldn't leave with strangers" she said with a head tilt. If there was one thing she learned when it came to seeing people interested in you it was to never play easy. She didn't know him and he didn't look anything like a person she would hang out with. "Maybe another time" she smiled at him before moving away from the counter. She started to head into the living room.

"Suit yourself," He said, not trying to chase her. No need to freak out the new girl on the block and get a restraining order on him. "See you around." He continued sipping his drink, finishing off the soda, before throwing the caw away and returning to his own beer which had become flat while he spoke with Cammie. There had to be a way of making her more trusting to him, and either he was too buzzed to realize it, or was overthinking it.

The night was getting late, nearing around midnight as the party was starting to thin out. Danny was still around, staying to himself mostly while keeping an eye out for Cammie. Her friend hadn't come back by this point, having likely driven back to her own home with the jock, leaving her all alone in the house with no way of getting back.

She gave him a wave as she made her way off. She wasn't about to worry about the thought of one male. She was single and in college. She didn't want to waste all her time on one person if she didn't have to. Besides, it was her first party and she wasn't having any fun. She realized she would much rather be back in her dorm and watching Netflix. It almost felt like a waste of her night. She wasn't too sure how pleasant she was going to be with Kerry once the two of them spoke. She was over drinking already and she had passed when someone tried to hand her another beer. She had somehow managed to get caught up talking to a group. There were two other girls and a set of four huge football players. They seemed to be interested in what she had to say, but she knew she stuck out like a sore thumb. One of the football players seemed to inch closer to her whenever he felt like they could.

Kerry never made her way back and it was in that moment Cammie was happy she had driven herself. She excused herself from the group when she realized it was getting late. She pulled her keys from her pocket and headed out the door. There really wasn't a lot of people around outside, so she took her time walking.

When Cammie tried to start her car, something was wrong. It couldn't start. As she turned the ignition key, the vehicle would try to start, but nothing. Danny watched from the window, looking at how Cammie was trying to start the car unsuccessfully. Truth was, Danny just clipped some of the wires under the hood because he didn't want Cammie leaving just yet. Not until he offered her a ride.

After around five minutes, he went outside, looking through the windscreen to look at Cammie. "Problems?" He asked, signaling the young girl to roll her window down.

Cammie put her key in her ignition and her eyes widened when it wouldn't turn over. "You have to be kidding me" she said and tried again. The car had been running perfectly since she had bought it. It was barely used and she didn't notice anything when she drove here. She gave it one more try and nothing happened. Pulling the key out she put her head on the seat and let out a sigh. This night could not be any worse. She grabbed her phone and texted Kerry. You honestly are the worst for leaving me. My car isn't running. She wasn't sure if she would ever text Kerry or speak with her again. This seemed like a pretty low blow and she wasn't in the market for making friends who treated her like dirt. I will come get you I am so sorry a text message from Kerry read and it made the blonde roll her eyes. No thanks. I would rather not be around you. Enjoy your frat boy.

She was done. She shoved her keys in her pocket and figured she would just need to call a tow truck to come get her. That meant more money that she wanted to spend. She looked up almost jumping when she heard a tap on her window. She rolled her window down. "No I just like sitting in my car in the dark" she said not really meaning to be snippy. She just wasn't in the mood. Cammie ran her hands over her face a moment. "My car won't start at all" she said looking up at him.

"Ah shit," he said, look at the hood. "Want me to take a look?" He asked Cammie, putting his beer aside. Maybe he wasn't of the best sound mind to be looking at someone's engine, but probably everyone else inside was more buzzed than him. If she opened the hood, Danny looked around to see the problem, secretly putting the wires back in but cut so the car still wouldn't start properly. "Okay, sooo....... Someone cut your engine.... Stuff." He said while holding his phone up as a flashlight.

"Yeah, they like.... Did a lot." A gearhead wasn't something Danny was. When Cammie looked, there were clear signs of the electrical wiring of the engine being cut with scissors, so her car needed repairs.

Cammie sighed and ran her hands over her face. Something about the situation just didn't feel right, but she was too tired to care anymore. "Yes, if you could that would be nice" she said looking over at him. She undid her hair from the messy bun it had been in all night. She brushed her fingers through her hair getting out any knots. It fell down over her shoulders and she sighed. She opened her door and stepped out shoving her keys into her pocket. She crinkled her nose as she looked over his shoulder as he shined his light into her engine. "Who the hell would do that" she said stepping away and crossing her arms a crossed her chest. "People are so messed up anymore" she was more than frustrated.

She would need to call a tow truck and then a mechanic in the morning. That was more money to spend that she didn't really have. "Great, so now I need to find someone to take me home" she clenched her jaw.