Looking for Adept Writers (MxF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rainy

Original poster
I'm Rainy, I've been around the block a few times when it comes to RPing, and I feel like I'm stuck in a rut. I'm looking for someone who will consistently come up with new ideas in the RP, or even better, have an entire plot line already in mind for their character.

I find that in most of my RP's in the last year, I have to be the one to come up with the next plot point, and my partners just follow. Right now I want to follow a story line rather than make it, so if you're someone who wants a partner who will come up with the next plot point every time so you can just follow along, I'm not the partner for you.

I need someone who will give me a lot of detail to work with. I'm talking thoughts, queues, surprises, etc. I love someone who will keep me guessing, because I find a lot of people end up just responding to my character's actions, instead of coming up with their own ideas.

Don't get the wrong idea, I'm not a BORING writer. I will keep up with you and add to the plot too. I just don't want to have to come up with every new plot point.

Alright, now that that's out of the way, here's what I'm looking for in a partner:
-I'm looking for a MxF main pairing. (I'm going to play the male). If you want to have a guy side character who crushes on another guy or have a gay couple involved, cool. That's totally fine. But I'd like the main relationship to be straight.
-Be willing to play multiple characters. We'll both have one or two main characters of course, but you should be willing to bring in many NPC's in order to keep things going. The real world doesn't just have 2 people in it.
-DETAIL IS KEY. What is your character seeing, smelling, or hearing in the moment? Does that smell remind them of a memory? What are they planning? How do they feel about the situation at hand? Give your character depth in every moment, instead of "she smiled at him and continued walking". WHY did she smile? Was it genuine? You get the idea.
-Chat with me! Just because I'm acting serious in this post doesn't mean I don't want to get to know you. Ask me questions about my character or plans for the RP. I'm willing to work with you.
-If I write a long-ass post I expect one back. Short posts during dialogue are fine. I'll ask you politely a few times but if I don't have anything to work with I won't be able to continue the RP.

What you'll see from me:
-I'm just coming back from a hiatus so I may be a bit rusty, but if I'm inspired I can write a lot.
-My characters might feel stale or cliche, so if you feel like our characters can't mesh or you just don't like mine, you can tell me. I'm not attached to my characters, I'm willing to change. I know how hard it is to write a sex scene with a character you hate. It's traumatizing, hahah.
-Usually I can come up with a plot but as I stated before, right now I'm looking for someone who can hold their own in the creativity department.

Other important info:
-I like smut. If you want to take up 50+ posts with just a sex scene, I'm down. But keep it interesting, don't have every post be "she moaned as he continued fucking her". Just like in real sex, that gets boring. The amount of smut depends on the plot, of course. There will be less in a crime RP than in a demon x human RP.
-I also like violence. General rules apply for this one: ask before killing or maiming any character I voice. Also, keep it realistic. "she got stabbed 50 times and ran a mile home" won't fly.

My absolute no-goes:
-Furries
-Anime themes
-Fandoms (I only do OC x OC)
-Pregnant or gore fetishes
-ANYTHING UNDERAGE IS ABSOLUTELY OFF-LIMITS

Pairing ideas:
(don't feel limited to these)
Demon x Angel
Gang Recruiter x Runaway
Recovering Drug Addict x Runaway
Kidnapper x Kidnapped
Assassin x Target
blah blah you get the point

Slice-of-life short plot ideas:
- Muse A is waiting in the parking lot when Muse B jumps in after robbing the store and screams at Muse A to "drive!"
- Muse A is having a quiet night at home when Muse B climbs in the wrong window looking for their friend's apartment
- Muse A's dad brings home a friend from work (Muse B), who Muse A can't stop staring at.
- Muse A meets Muse B at a concert and they get frisky, only for Muse A to find out that Muse B is their professor/new step-sibling/old friend from middle school.
- Muse A's only salvation at this horrible summer camp is the hot counselor (Muse B).
- Muse A is sent to be a substitute teacher at a school for criminal teenagers.
- Muse A is pissed that they have to do community service, only to find an exciting new face has joined the group (Muse B).
- Muse A will do anything for a fix. When Muse B gives them an offer that tests their limits, will they be able to resist?
- Muse A is surrounded in an alley with no where to run. When Muse B is nearly killed rescuing them, Muse A refuses to have their death on their conscience.
- Muse A works as a stripper to pay for classes. Muse B offers them another job working for only them.

Fantasy short plot ideas:
- Muse A lives the high life. Mansions parties, the works. Muse B lives in the run-down, dirty city below. Muse B sneaks into one of Muse A's parties, and things get interesting.
- In the future, people can edit their appearance any way they like (get creative). Muse A barely looks human anymore, but is considered beautiful. Muse B has never had any work done, and is shunned by the Beautiful people. Why is Muse A so interested in Muse B?
- 90% of humans died overnight. It's up to the 10% to stick together and find out what the hell happened.
- In a future war between planets, Muse A is a soldier for the opposite side. When Muse A gets injured on the enemy's planet, Muse B refuses to let another human die. Eventually falling for each other, problems ensue.

Get the picture?
Pretty much anything goes as long as you've got a story line for it in mind.
I also might be interested in history themes if you can manage to convince me.

If you're interested, please post your plot ideas and a sample of your writing down below. I'll PM you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Added some fantasy plot ideas instead of just slice of life.

Hello!

I'd be interested in playing with you if you're still looking for someone. I'm a bit new to the site but not to roleplay, if you have any questions or are interested let me know! If not, totally get that as well.

Thanks. :)

Hello!

I'd be interested in playing with you if you're still looking for someone. I'm a bit new to the site but not to roleplay, if you have any questions or are interested let me know! If not, totally get that as well.

Thanks. :)
"If you're interested, please post your plot ideas and a sample of your writing down below. I'll PM you!"

Hey! So I have loads of plot ideas. Here are three of them. If they don't make sense lemme know please.

To end one war:

For this plot it would involve some world building. What I would like to do is have each of us create two countries. One country that would be your main character and one country that would end up being at war with our two main characters. What it is going to be at first is a marriage arrangement. YC, the Prince of your main country and MC, the only Princess of my main country have been put into a marriage arrangement by their fathers to end a long lasting war between our nations. There would be drama, angst, and action for a while just involving our two characters (and others if you want to double up). Further down the road our characters would end up ruling the nations due to some event that causes war to become an issue again between the second countries we set up. If you're interested in this plot and this didn't make as much sense just ask. It was easier to describe it in my thoughts then on the computer screen here

A Dying World:

This would involve magical aspects. The world is dying, magic is slowly leaving the world and an evil is spreading causing neighbor to turn on neighbor and nations to go to war. A thousand years in the past there was a prophecy that stated there would be two (or four) people that would save the world when it was most needed. They would have control over magic, better than anyone had in a hundred years and they would be future rulers of the new world once it was saved. Now enter our characters who are those prophesized. They would go through fights, treachery, hard decisions, and evil intent as they learned about themselves, their role in the prophecy, and try to save their world.

Demons Among Us:

Full disclosure: This is from a book I read that I cannot for the life of me remember it's name because I read it years ago and it just popped into my mind and a plot formed from it. Demons have overrun the world, humankind has been spread out. There are a few cities that are protected with Wards. The Wards have the power to repel the demons that come out only at night but Wards are dangerous, if done incorrectly it means the life of you, your family, your friends, and your neighbors. But what happens when the people stop fearing for their life and start trying to fight back? Our roleplay would be about two (or four) people who don't want to just live in fear and never go out at night. To rely on hoping the people with their needed food and supplies make it through the harsh traveling conditions is too much when people are dying. It would involve action, hard times, learning, maybe some romance, and adventure.

As for a sample of my writing I don't have a current sample of my roleplay writing that would meet your standards. Mostly because it's been way too long but here's a fanfiction sample of my writing if that will suffice. If not I can type up a starter to one of those plot ideas just to show my writing style.

Show Chapter | Archive of Our Own

Hey, we have roleplayed before.
I was wondering if you would like to start one up again?

I will give you a writing sample if you still want one. :)

DreamUponAStar: The demon idea is interesting! PM me and we can talk?

PrincessYuna: Yes, I remember you! PM me :)

Hello ^.^ I am, obviously Sakura-Hime, and I think you and I would get along! Most of my rules go hand in hand with yours and I have a hard time looking for someone that can keep up with my writing level. I post in-depth detail and usually rather long, unless its at a major dialog point. At the moment I don't have too many In-depth ideas, theyre all kind of bare at the moment, but I love sharing my thoughts, and I would have no problem with laying out a story line that I would like to happen.

Some of the ones I was interested in are:

- Muse A is pissed that they have to do community service, only to find an exciting new face has joined the group (Muse B).
- 90% of humans died overnight. It's up to the 10% to stick together and find out what the hell happened.

I think there is a lot we could do with those, but here are some of my own ideas:

- Character A has been through a physical trauma {parental abuse, relationship abuse, or maybe even as far as rape} and is now going to a group therapy thing trying to figure out how to keep living life. They meet character B there who has also gone through horrible trauma of a different kind. But a twist! Both A and B have met in the past and recognize each other even though its been a very long time since they've seen the other. Together they will try to work through their trauma's and once again get to know each other after having changed so drastically.

- Character A and Character B have been betrothed since they were both young, but they never once meet as they grow up only getting little bits of information about the other. Character A is from a wealthy family and Character B's family has lots of untapped resources, this is why they are going to merge families through marriage. However, a year before their arranged date something happens. Perhaps a 3-5 year war, or something destructive to Character A's families source of money. Either way because of said disaster Character A disappears for a short period of time and all think A dead. But now that A is alive both families wish to call the engagement back on. Character B seems fine with this, but Character A has changed completely. { the tone of this one would be though they were engaged before everything around them is different, even they themselves are a little different, and now that they are once more thrown together they would have to proceed with or without love}

- A is the daughter of a mafia boss, she is independent and strong. B is a rival mafia boss, who for the moment is in or near the area of A's territory. A bumps into B unknowing that he is a rival and begins to like him, he may or may not already know who she is.

Those are my most thought out MxF plots at the moment, but I know I have more stashed somewhere in my brain. Let me know if you're still looking for a partner, or if you're interested in any of my plots.

Here's my writing sample: Its actually a piece of a story I am writing, so its in draft form, but its the only non MxM sample I have at the moment.

"Her hands were beyond cold. They had gone past red and numb and were now drifting into stiff and slightly blue. But that was only to be expected as she was walking through the first snow fall of a mountain side. Although the snow was light and fluffy, barely sticking to the ground, the air around her was well below freezing, and no matter how conditioned her body had been made to be walking for hours in the cold night was taking its tole on her.
Her feet were worse. With only worn leather wraps around the arch of her foot and going up to just below her knee, as the only sort of foot wear she had, her bare toes were beyond feeling. The thick callouses on the bottoms of her feet might protect them from rocks and twigs, but they did not defend against cold. But despite all her shivering and numbness she still had no choice but to walk on. Walk on or die. That was the state she had found herself in and there was no one to blame but herself. However, she did not regret her path at all, being here in the snow covered mountains was better than where she had come from. Far to the western boarder, a barren land of sand and wind, and her own personal hell. In that place she had to fight, kill, and cheat to stay alive so this wasn't essentially any different. Only know her opponent was nature and not an armed man. "

Status
Not open for further replies.