Little Runaway (Flannel & Wade)

F

Flannel&Leather

Original poster
The sun beat down over the crowd of people who moved through the street. They had all found themselves in the alley of some street vendors. The carts and set up shops seemed to be vivid of colors and smells. People moved through quickly and it was easy to spot tourist versus who was raised or had made Mexico their home. A petite girl made her way through the crowd. She had been from La Paz, Mexico. But, she had left her home and there were no parts of her that was looking back. Her skin was lightly tanned with light grey eyes. Her hair had held a color of almost white, so it was a little hard for her not to stick out like a sore thumb. She had been running from her father. She had been so scared of him and she was so afraid that no matter where she went that he would find her. It had been a couple of days since she had left and she had been out of money. She no longer had a place to sleep and the thought made her skin crawl that she would need to sleep on the ground.

She wore a pair of black shorts and a small white t-shirt that clung to her. Her feet covered with a small pair of slip-on sneakers. She could feel her stomach growling and she so badly wanted food. She had wondered if she could get away with grabbing something from a cart and no one noticing. She bit her lip as she weaved in and out of the crowd watching people. She wanted to see what cart was the busiest, so no one would bother her.

She had not thought about the consequences of just running from home. She was only twenty and she had no money and no place to go. But, from the age of eleven, her father abused her mentally and physically up until the day she left. He had threatened her hours before she left. She could still hear his voice in her head Camila you'll always stay here and if you run I will kill you. She knew if she stayed he would kill her also. Her legs had bruises patchworked over them as well as her arms. There had been a cut just under her eyes and one through her bottom lip. All she had ever wanted was someone to take care of her, but she never had that.

Camila finally spotted a cart full of fruit where people seemed crowded around. The closest thing was apples and she could feel the pain in her stomach. She tried to move in between people. Her hand reached through and grabbed a red apple. When she started to pull back she felt a large hand grasp her wrist and she looked up to see a large man holding her. "Are you going to pay for that?" he almost growled at her and she felt like she was shaking.

"Here," A voice said from behind Camila. A hand reached out in front of her with a dollar bill for the vendor to take. "Keep the change." The voice sounded quite calm but cheery, and when Camila turned around, she would see a handsome blonde haired man in a fine suit smiling to the vendor. When the vendor took it, Ben let her keep the apple. "I'm Ben," he said to her when she turned to face him. He took a moment to look at Camila, before asking her, "would you like something to eat? I don't think an apple is enough to feed you for the day."

Ben had arrived in the city only a few days ago on a business trip to meet with someone, but while he waited, he figured to go exploring a bit to see the locals. See who caught his eye. Camila certainly did when he noticed her stalking through the crowds like a hungry tiger looking for their next prey. She seemed desperate for food of any kind, as well it seemed a place to stay.

She'd fit in perfectly.

Camila could feel her body shaking as she looked up at the man who held her wrist. She was very small in height and weight. The man holding onto her was about triple her size in many ways. She tried to recoil her hand, but he wouldn't let her pull away. She was a lot hungrier than what she thought she was. Her white hair fell over her face for a moment as she struggled to get him to let go. She finally heard a voice behind her and it made her stiffen up. She felt like a trapped animal and she wasn't sure how to get herself out of the situation. The vendor lets go of Camila and she quickly pulled her hand and apple to her chest and took a step back. Her grey eyes watching the man for a moment before she turned. She looked up at the man in front of her. "Thank you," she said softly. He was offering her food and she knew she should take it. "I'm Camila" she said with a tilt of her head. "I would like something to eat, please" she knew she shouldn't be too trusting of people, but she was starving and very tired.

Camila was very aware of how much she stuck out in the crowd. It was all over her face that she did not fit into the flow of this place. She wanted nothing more than to have a bed and a home again, but she wouldn't go back to her father. She would rather die on the streets than allow him to lay another hand on her. She brushed her hair back as she looked up at the man. He seemed to be very well put together and wealthy.

Ben led her through the crowds, signaling for her to follow. He stayed close by, as his soft smile to her didn't waver. It was a very comforting type of smile, like that of a father almost. He was good looking and didn't seem to have any signs of judgement to Camila. After a few minutes of walking, he came to a food vendor selling chimichangas in a hot dog like stand. He ordered one up and once it was done, he handed the paper plate and delicious looking wrap to Camila; paying the vendor.

"Enjoy." He said, placing his wallet and hands in his pockets. She was even more beautiful to look at up close, as Ben couldn't stop admiring the curvature of her body and her gorgeous face. Quite the keeper she would be if things went as Ben hoped they would. "... Where are you from?" He asked. He wouldn't ask for how she ended up here yet, a question for down the line if she felt more comfortable around him over time

Cammie knew that she looked rough. She held the bruises her father had left on her and the cut under her eye and through her lip didn't help. She clung onto the apple almost like someone was going to take it from her. She followed Ben closely through the crowd. She could see people looking her way and she knew they were judging her for the way she looked. She finally dropped her apple into the small satchel she had hanging over her shoulder. She would save that for later.

She took the chimichanga hesitantly from him. "Thank you" she told him before taking a bit. Her eyes roamed over his face for a moment. She could tell he was looking over him. "I'm from La Paz." She said as she took another bite of food. Her stomach pains slowly going away. "What about you? You don't look like you belong here" she said crinkling her nose up.

La Paz? That's Bolivia if Ben thought correctly. How on earth did she manage to get this far up north? "I'm from the US. Though I moved to Mexico not too long ago." He explained briefly. He looked at her cut and bruises, noticing how swollen they were. She had them for a while now, likely untreated for a couple days without proper medical care. "Would you like it if I helped you with your wounds? I have a personal doctor could patch them up." He offered, trying to sound sympathetic.

He didn't seem like a creep, nor was he acting strange in wanting to help Camila. It sounded like someone who cared for the well being of this young woman. Though that was usually the plan. It was strange how he justified this attitude, he wasn't doing this to gain slaves per say, it was more like he was taking in strays. They were protected by him, loved by him, it's just there was somewhat of a price to pay, and that price at best can be considered 'morally wrong.'

Camila knew she was pretty far from where she was from, but when she meant that she wanted to get as far from her father as she possibly could. That made sense as to why he didn't fit in here. "Why move?" She asked wondering if that was too much information to ask for. She had just met him and she knew it was probably rude, but she hadn't spoken to another human being in days. She watched as his he looked over her face and she let one hand reach up to touch her lip. They still hurt. "You would do that for me?" She asked him puzzled. She was confused as to why he would want to help her out so much, but she didn't think she could turn down the help.

Camila finished her food up and placed the trash into a trash can. "Thank you for everything" she said looking up at him.

"Eh, different sights and all that. Prefer my current home now over my old one." He explained, not finding the question rude at all. If she felt comfortable asking him that, he'd respond back normally, build up that bond of trust between them. "Of course I would," he told her with his comforting and soft smile. "I hate seeing someone like you be left like this." He put his hand back in his pocket and pulled out his phone, texting someone on it. He only texted for a minute or so before looking back up to Camila.

"There, I'll set up a meeting with him... Would youuu, like to stay here or would you rather come with me?" He asked, pointing backwards to where his car was. "I get it if you don't feel comfortable with that, I'm willing to bring my doctor over here to look at you." He added so she knew she wasn't going to be forced into that car. Best not let someone think you'll rape them if they get in a stranger's car.

Camila listen as he spoke. "It would be nice to see some new things" she said with a small smile. It hurt her lips a little to smile. Pulling at the cut. She had seen a lot while she made her way from La Paz, but it wasn't like she got to enjoy it. She felt paranoid the whole trip, so there really was no time to enjoy anything. "Thank you" she said as she watched him text someone. She felt a little out of place as people seem to be passing by.

She looked over at his car and then back down at the street. She didn't feel safe out on the street. She bit her lip lightly and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. "Could I come with you?" She turned back and looked up at him. He was so much bigger than her, it made her feel smaller.

Ben nodded with a smile to the young woman, "of course." He said. "C'mon, I'll get the AC going. You must be hot out here." Leading Camila to his car, he opened the passenger door up for her to climb in first. Once she was seated, he closed her door and entered second; starting the car up and putting the AC on max cold with the fans on medium speed so she wasn't hit with warm air at first. The car needed to built up the cold for a few seconds.

His car was quite luxurious, it looked like something from a James Bond movie..... If not from a movie, as the steering wheel did say 'Aston Martin.' A recent model, a Vanquish perhaps. He already looked quite wealthy from his attire, but how rich was Ben? A kind young man with this much wealth, just what was his job?

Camila was very thankful. She felt so vulnerable out in the streets anymore. It was almost like runaway was written all over her face. She followed behind him closely. She wasn't sure why she felt comfortable with this man or why she was following him around. For all, she could know he could be someone who could hurt her. But, she had been through worse. Her father had broken her down and sometimes she was surprised if she could feel anything anymore. "Very hot" she said with a small shrug. It was the truth. The sun beat down on her light tan skin making it ache and making her sweat. She wanted shower more than anything in this moment. She felt uncomfortable in her own skin for the first time in her life. She had been so use to the bruises that they didn't bother her anymore when people stared at them. She thanked him for opening up the door and she climbed in. Everything he had seemed so nice. She felt the AC kick on and she sighed with a bit of happiness. She closed her eyes for a moment letting the air hit her face. She knew that he would help her for this moment, but once it was done she knew she would be back on the streets.

She looked over at him for a moment. "So, do you help random women on the streets often?" she said almost in a joking tone. Camila took a moment to pull her white hair from its ponytail. It fell down over her shoulders and laid down on her chest. It was starting to give her a headache since her hair had been up for two days straight.

The car made the turn into traffic, getting onto the road then highway not long after they both drove away from the stands. "Yes actually," He said while still looking at the road. "Well, kinda. I run a small program for those in need of help. It's like alcoholics anonymous, but instead it's also for those with mental troubles, issues with substance abuse, any problem they have they can join to get help." He explained. "Basically everyone lives in one big massive house and helps out around it, like a big community or family. So I do help people like you in these positions."

Though he neglected to say he had sex with people who lived there, but no need to turn Camila away. "Here," he opened up the glove compartment and pulled out what looked to be a business card. On it was the name of this place, 'Greenway House,' the email, and a phone number too. He handed it to Camila so she knew he wasn't lying, though he was not saying all the details to this Greenway place.

Camila sat comfortably in the car. It was the first time that her body was able to relax. She glanced out the window to watch things go by. Her legs had felt aches of walking everywhere. She hadn't had any money to help her along the way and when she finally got a moment to sit she didn't realize how sore she really was. Camila looked over at Ben as he spoke to her. He seemed sweet and like he really wanted to help. "Well, that takes a good person to do that," she said with a small smile. It brought her feelings back to her father. She had spent her whole life wanting to have someone care for her and give her a good life, but in return, she spent most of her days before and after school being beat. She was left alone in the room trying to hide from everything. She looked back at him. "You have room for me?" she asked a little puzzled.

She took the card from his hand and flipped it over looking at it. She ran her fingers over the lettering before letting it sit in her lap. She understood that he was trying to prove that it was a real place, but anything would be better than being with her father. She ran her hands over her arms for a moment hitting old and new bruises that formed on her tan skin.

In many ways, if she joined Ben, her life would get better. Then again, the same argument could be made for her life being worse in a different way. Ben wasn't abusive to his partners, but..... Well, something for later down the line. Ben looked over to Camila and quickly said, "Of course!" With a cheerful tone. "There's always room there." He smiled once again to the young girl, assuring her that she would be okay with him..... Well kinda.

By the time they got to his apartment, it had been a half hour of driving. His apartment was luxurious to say the least, being on the top floor of a hotel and having a beautiful view of the area below. The furniture looked so expensive, along with the flat screen TVs, the smell of food being cooked by Ben as the doctor worked on her eye, and even a fresh pair of high quality clothing waiting for her when she was done getting cleaned up.

The doctor patched up her eye, stitching up the cut and handing her a small amount of painkillers if it began hurting too much for her to bare. She was given her own bedroom, and the bathroom was so big, the shower was the size of a large closet she had so much space to use. Hell, there was even a hot tub built into the shower along the side.

Camila was still feeling really nervous and she didn't know how much she could trust Ben, but he was the only person showing her kindness in the last few days. Hell the last few years of her life even. She looked over at him and gave a small smile. He sounded cheerful and it made her feel a little at ease, but she was still nervous about being somewhere new. But, she looked out the window and waited for them to get to where they needed.

She looked around the apartment afraid to touch anything. It was so neat and clean. She had not seen anything like it. She took her seat as the doctor looked over her cuts. She cringed when he touched her lip. The doctor took his time cleaning her wounds and giving her stitches under her eye and a couple on her lip. He told her that she would have some pretty noticeable scars once it healed, but that was nothing new to her.

Camila made her way to her bedroom. She decided she would shower. She needed it. She stripped her clothes leaving them on the floor. She took her time washing. Once she was done she dried off. She found the clothes that were given to her. She pulled on the fresh blue skinny jeans and the nice oversized white sweater that hung off one of her shoulders. She let her white hair fall around her shoulders. She walked barefoot back out into the room where Ben was taking a seat in the couch. "Thanks for all of that" she told him.

"It's no problem." He told her while seated, his legs crossed as he watched TV. "C'mon and sit down, I'll have dinner ready soon." Making room on the couch for Camila, Ben stood up and went over to the kitchen where food was cooking. The TV had Netflix at the ready, so Camila had her choice of what to watch as she waited. There was a funny smell in the air however, one of incense actually. On the kitchen counter was incense burning and filling the air with a relaxing scent.

Though, the incense also had something else in it. It was laced with a drug that made anyone who smelled it long enough become very, let's say, 'hot.' It drove up their lust and needs, while making their senses go airy as if they were smoking marijuana. Camila would start to feel those affects not too long, as she would feel quite warm and relaxed like nothing had happened today.

Camila looked over at Ben and liked how relaxed her really looked. She smiled and curled up on the couch next to him. She made sure to leave some space between the two of them. She didn't know his boundaries. "Dinner sounds nice" she told him. She looked up at the TV taking the remote. She flipped through the options trying to figure out what to watch. She never really spent time watching television. She sighed and just picked some random documentary for background noise. She could smell something in the air that seemed to be mixing in with the food. It was a strange smell, but there was something relaxing about it.

Her body was feeling a lot more relaxed. She looked over at Ben. "What's for dinner?" She asked looking him over. She had remembered how attractive he was when she first saw him, but now she really got to look at him in his own environment.

"Pasta with dipping sticks." Ben let her know, as the smell was that of the pasta sauce cooking on the stove. It smelled delicious and was in the final phases of being finished by the looks of it, all that was needed was finishing touches. "Hope you like it, one of my favorite meals to serve to guests." He told Camila. The sauce would take a while, around an hour of so, but while she waited, she could watch Ben make the dipping sticks.

First he made the dough, mixing together the ingredients in a mixer, then spreading it out into a nice even square piece on the counter. He placed the dough into a glass casserole filled with a small amount of vegetable oil, then let the dough sit inside with the top covered in plastic wrap until the dough rose up by half its original side. After that, he evenly cut up the dough into twelve pieces, covering it with buttered tasting PAM, some garlic, pepper, onion powder, oregano, salt, and dried basil, topping off the spices with a pinch of salt.

As the dough was covered, Ben finished off with some Parmesan cheese, baked the dough for around 20 minutes, and what came out was a mouth watering, golden colored bread lineup just waiting to be eaten. And just as the sauce finished up as well. Ben made two bowls of pasta for himself and Camila, with six dipping stick for each of them. "Enjoy." He said, handing Camila her meal.