Little Explorer

(( So sorry everyone! I was caught in a wave of BUSYNESS. Let's get this rolling again! ))

Winnie's Nanna
The old woman finished chopping up the vegetable and placed it inside a stone pot, quickly lighting a fire in the fireplace and hanging it above it as she poured water into the pot. She continued to add some more Tinkish vegetables, along with some meats, and a small dash of spices into the low boiling pot. She stirred it a bit before leaving it to simmer, and went to scoop up the boy's clothes. As she picked them up, she heard a bit of splashing coming from inside the bathroom, and she couldn't help but chuckle at this, clicking her tongue and continuing on. She went outside and brought out a handmade scrubber, made of thick strands of grass, ground down to a rough material that helped scrub the clothes. Then, a stone bucket that held the water to rinse. The elder woman got to scrubbing, rinsing it off, and hanging each on a line made of woven spider silk to dry. She waddled back into the home, and sat down at the fireplace to continue stirring the Tinkish stew, the yummy smell wafting through the air. @andrew21234
Vulas
Vulas hurried along to the Healer's clinic, bursting through the door rather impolitely, but he was awfully worried about his warriors. "Ah, Volux! I assume you have things under control? Is there anyone needing days off or anything of the such?" He rambled, the worry obvious in his voice. He had a lot of experience in this clinic before, his men either getting treated or he himself being healed. Either way, Volux and him were a bit close due to the constant things he did for the warriors. "Ah, sorry. I should have been more polite. Ah.." Vulas shook his head, looking around before realizing all his men were already dealt with, either sitting contently or helping out around the clinic. He breathed a sigh of relief, leaning back on a wall for a moment. "Geez.. I can't ever thank you enough, Volux." He chuckled, running a hand through his hair before sighing again. "Is there anything I can do to help? I outta provide some form of debt. And of course, I'll pay for your services." Vulas said with a nod, his eyes back to leader mode. @Kitsune

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
(On mobile.)

A squeak fell from Volux's lips as the door to his clinic was thrown open. Whipping around, his wide, slightly alarmed gaze fell on none other than the leader himself, Vulas. Relaxing instantly, the Healer placed his hands on his hips, glaring playfully at his leader. "Jeez, Vulas! You sure know how to frighten a fairy, don't'cha?" He huffed in mock annoyance, the corners of his lips twitching upward in smile. He knew that the older male was just worried about his warriors. Any other time, he would have knocked before coming in. At his questions, the Butterfly nodded. He always had everything under control and wouldn't have it any other way. He had turned back to fixing his many shelves, directing warriors around as he listened to Vulas apologize for bursting in, smiling. Their leader was quite the polite one. The ginger's smile only grew at his comment. Facing Vulas once more, he thought about his question.

"Anything to help with, huh? Hmm, well, I do need some more herbs and such for medicine. All of those patients pretty much ran me dry. But I can get that later on," Volux rambled, staring off into space. "I don't think there is anything to help with, Vulas, but thank you for asking!" He finished, beaming at the leader as his warriors continued sorting behind him. "Oh! And, before I forget, they don't necessarily have to take days off, but they must be careful. Anything too strenuous and they'll be back in here before we know it," he informed. He trained his gaze on some of the warriors. There were a few who acted like they didn't just get injured and then they would be back in his clinic. As they looked away in shame and embarrassment, he rolled his eyes before turning back to Vulas.

Lillyana
Before Tallyan could answer, Lillyana said, "I bet she is at her house, if not then I can come back later!" She ran off, knowing how to get to the house. Once she got there, she composed herself before tapping on the door. Something in side smelt very good, and she was kinda hungry since she skipped lunch to explore.

The sun was light through the shade of the leaves, a soft muted shade of viridian that cast a serpentine green cast to his face and it was oddly fitting, Eitany mused, that a creature such as him should acquire this glow. For a serpent fae, little could distinguish them from a normal fae. But for his eyes, angled and his tongue, forked at the end and the fluidity of movement, so easily possessed by his kind, he would be a normal fae Tink. But the serpentine grace was something that Eitany enjoyed, as a dancer and as a man who loved the poetry of movement, it was the greatest gift.

But his thoughts were broken, as he spied a small blackberry bush, laden heavy with the spring fruit and he grinned as he moved forward, dodging thorns and the sharp vines of the sprawling plant with ease. One or two of these berries could easily feed him for the next few hours and he would have enough to perhaps give a gift to the town he would hopefully reach soon. Visitors were always received with more warmth when they came bearing fruit, after all. Plucking one heavy fruit into his arms, he sat under the shade of the dark leaves and ate quickly, each succulent bite delicious but filling. He began again his journey a few minutes later, carrying in a satchel the remains of his blackberry and it was noon before he found the town, the gently hum of voices and household noise a soft cacophony of general life. He made his way into the town proper, looking every which way for the leader of the town, if there was such a thing. There was a clinic nearby, from which voices echoed and he opened the door slightly, standing just within the entrance and seeing two men already there, conversing and he knocked almost awkwardly on the edge of the door frame.

"Hello. I.. I'm a newcomer and was wondering if I could speak to anyone. I'm a healer, as well as a shaman and dancer, just searching for work and a place to rest, if you'll have me."

• Love
Vulas
He watched him closely, listening for directions or anything of the sort. But in the end, the fairy was just as kind. "Ah, well, I'm sure my men are helping out enough as of now. I'll make sure to keep an eye on those who need to take it easy." Vulas nodded and was about to say more when a soft knock interrupted him, and he turned towards the sound. "Hello. I.. I'm a newcomer and was wondering if I could speak to anyone. I'm a healer, as well as a shaman and dancer, just searching for work and a place to rest, if you'll have me." Vulas smiled kindly and motioned for the other male to come in. "A dancer and healer, hmm? How very interesting! Yes, yes, I welcome you into my village. We have an inn nearby if you'd like me to point you towards there." Vulas chuckled and looked over at the fairy, then back to the newcomer. "I hope you'll attend tonight's bonfire? It's to welcome all the newcomers, and frankly, we've gotten a lot today. Not that I'm complaining." He offered a hand to shake, his eyes trained on Eitany. @Kitsune @Rhapsodic Insouciance
Winnie's Nanna
She perked up a bit at the sound of a small knock on the door, and she smiled before walking over to open it. The old woman pulled open the wooden door and chuckled down at the child. "Welcome my dear! Come in, come in!" She motioned her to come in, closing the door behind her and waddling back over to the stew that was cooking over the fire. "Are ye hungry? I've got some stew cookin if you are. Perhaps some tea?" She offered generously to the child, her light green eyes bright and alive. The old woman had known Lillyana since she was a baby, and had taken quite the liking for her. Then again, the old woman took a liking to most. @TheStoryOfMyLife

~Lillyana~
Lillyana smiled as the older women opened the door. Her stomach growled when she smelled the soup inside. "I came to return my guardian's books." She said cheerfully as she walked inside. "Your soup does smell really good," She said when asked if she was hungry, "and I was going to go exploring after I dropped these books off. But I guess you can't go exploring on an empty stomach." She reasoned. "Do you need help with anything? I can help with it while the soups cook'n."

@Tart

• Love
Tanti
"Thief! Get back here." A man said running after Tanti with fresh robes and a few guards after him. Tanti wasn't running on the ground though he was leaping between the roofs and stopped on an old woman's. He ducked on the other side of the roof and watched the men run by before quietly opening a window and slipping into the living room with a bag full of stolen goods. He noticed two women in the room with him and shrugged before sitting and pulling out a few silver spoons a bowl and two gold laced plates. He looked up and stood holding his bag before peeking out the window gently. "Don't mind me. Oh and I can't hear a thing so please stay where I can see you." Tanti said the use for it was pretty self explanatory. He needed to be able to watch them and the guards that worked for the fat rich man he'd stolen from. He'd eventually move to a different house and drop off more presents to the locals. "I'll be on my way soon enough so causing a ruckus really isn't worth it."

@Tart
@TheStoryOfMyLife

oA5xqQY.png

Tallyan was about to leave the library to set off for his day job when the excitable Lillyana nearly ran into him before asking her question. It was a bit disorienting in the way he hadn't a chance to reply before she was off again, thankfully in the right direction. Smiling some and shaking his head, the Satyr continued out of the library, taking his time walking through the town. He only paused upon passing the Blacksmith, remembering a recent order he'd made for a new set of arrows.

"Morning." Tally spoke as he stepped into the shop and caught sight of Triknic nearby. "How's the progress on my order?"

k8yYzgi.png

Once he managed to get himself a room at the inn, Avii took a moment to settle into it. That, of course, meant pinpointing any and every last detail of his new surroundings, possible places to hide his stash, included. After that, he turned his focus to his worn wings, turning his back to a mirror to get a look at them. There were a few rips and holes, but nothing too bad. Though, his flying entrance hadn't been nice on them... They would also give an obnoxious twitch every few seconds, but that was nothing unusual. The old injury had set when he was a child and wasn't something the healers could cure. The rips and holes, however, were an easy thing.

Giving his wings a quick flap and stepping away from the mirror, Avitell decided that the clinic would be his next stop.

"Hey oh Tallyan." Tricnik looked up smiling from her anvil as the saytr entered. She found it funny that so many people still used the door when it was an open air shop. Well, that was the side that small pieces of molten metal normally didn't fly off her weapons to when she was making them, nah, people are just silly. The blacksmith wiped the sweat off her brow and stretched her arms as well as her back before going to her shelf, which was literally a large wine rack with nearly any weapon imaginable poking out of its sections. Finding the arrows she pulled out a large number of them and handed them to Tallyan. "Bone tipped for extra speed and piercing." Suddenly something popped into the browny's head and she got a stool to stand on as she began to check the top of her shelf.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kaz
Winnie's Nanna
The old woman smiled kindly and closed the door, walking over to stir the soup once more before turning back to Lillyana. "Ah, my books? Just set em aside on the table, if ye will." She nodded towards the table made out of a rock, surrounded by chairs woven from vines and other twigs. The woman opened her mouth to say more when a thud was heard on the roof, and she looked up curiously. "I wonder.." She started back to the front door, when a young man swooped in from the window and guards rushed passed, yelling things she couldn't understand through the hurry. The woman frowned at the man, and put her hands on her hips and walked towards him. "Now don't ye dare come in my house and tell me what to do, ye thief." She huffed, before swatting the back of his head in a scolding manner and turning back to Lillyana. "Dear, could you please get me down 4 bowls? I'm sure he's hungry from running around."

• Love
~Lillyana~
Lillyana had reached inside her boot when she heard someone land on the roof. She had a knife hidden in a pocket on the inside of her boot and always kept a knife there out of habit, but she relaxed when she realized that whoever it was wasn't hostile. She was about to say something, but instead giggled when Nana hit the thief over the head. Nana told her to go get four bowls, and the obeyed with a "Yes mam!". She walked briskly into the cottage's kitchen and grabbed four bowls out of one of the shelves, careful not to drop any of them. When she returned with the bowls in hand she realized something. "Um, miss, why do we need four bowls? There are only three of us." She asked, setting the bowls down where ever Nana told her to.

(I'm just gonna call Winnie's Nana, "Nana" in the narration b/c I can't think of what else to call her.)