Little Explorer

, #3c7d1f
oA5xqQY.png

Tallyan was a bit caught off guard by how happy the child suddenly seemed, but the unexpected smile was still contagious. "Guard, hmm?" He replied, leading the boy into the town. "You're a bit young for that, but... I'm sure whoever takes you in will have plenty of small errands for you to run." He assured, nodding some. It was rare for a child to have such a strong sense of duty, but also rather endearing. The little one would be a nice addition to the village.

"--Oh, there's someone who could help, now." He spoke aloud as he noticed Vulas on the edge of a small group. There was a blue fairy in the middle of it all... Another new face. Approaching the group, he could hear Valus speaking to Angelo about re-homing a child. He could only assume the other had seen him speaking to the orphan and reported in. "--Sir, this is Alexander." He spoke glancing towards the boy. "His parents have been... Departed, and the other village wouldn't take him in." He explained, using the details from the boy's story.

, #007ad1
k8yYzgi.png

Avii accepted the herbs as well, putting them away into his bag with a smile and a small thank you. These people were certainly very... Giving. Perhaps they simply had plenty of excess. Even so, he couldn't help but quirk a brow at the mention of a bonfire. A bonfire simply to welcome him? How very convenient... This way, he could meet everyone at once. The chief of the warriors, hmm? Definitely someone he needed to secure a position on the good side with.

The fairy's thoughts on the subject were interrupted as another fairy came close for a landing to speak with the chief. Listening quietly to what he had to say. Something about re-homing a lost child... How very kind of them. He was about the open his mouth to speak when yet another interruption filtered the air.

...Music? Avitell blinked as he turned to see the source, taking a quick automatic step back as the hyperactive one almost crashed into them. Of course, the clumsy behavior was entirely forgivable and Avii offered the elf a smile as he noted his eyes lingering on him. He couldn't help but chuckle as the other seemed almost lost for words. It was cute. And he supposed he did stand out a good deal with his blue skin... He was used to the attention. He loved it, really. "Ahh, thank you..~" He purred in response to the bard's welcoming.

Again standing idle as he listened to the bard practically beg for scouting time, chuckling softly, and watching as the conversation switched back to the matter of the child. Discussing all of this important village business in front of a complete stranger... These people were very trusting. All the better, for him.

"Ahh, I do hope the poor boy finds a nice home." He spoke lightly, his arms crossed over his chest. Now thinking about it, he had a pretty good idea who the child was. Two well known thieves and con-artists had recently been executed in another village, not too far from this one... Their child had been sent off on his own. Of course, his suspicions were confirmed as a large Satyr approached the warrior chief, holding the small hand of a child and explaining the situation.

@andrew21234
@Tart
@Jakers

Last edited by a moderator:
[dash=orange]
Volux Evangelista

The young fairy had ended up at the bakery that was located a bit deep within the village. He blinked owlishly, not remembering consciously going in the direction of the bakery. It would seem that his feet had led him over there. Deciding not to complain since he was hungry, Volux entered the bakery, inahling the sweet aromas that wafted around in the small shop. Licking his lips, a large grin stretched his face as his wings began to flutter and vibrate with the eagerness that he was feeling. His antennas were raised high, showing off his joyous mood, as he walked to the shopkeeper, who was a nice old lady, mind already rolling over all of his options to choose from. He was quite familiar with the bakery, being that he came there a lot. You could say that he had a thing for pastries.

"Ah, Volux! Back again, I see. How has it been?"

The ginger-haired Butterfly Fairy responded in a cheerful voice. "It's been good. Surprisingly, I wasn't meant to come here. But my feet led me here!" He explained to the shopkeeper.

"That proves how much you come here!"

"Can you blame me? You and your husband's pastries are quite addictive," he informed her before leaning in like they were talking secretly. He smiled when the old lady leaned in as well, going along with it. "What's your secret?" He whispered to her.

"A good baker for a husband," she responded before laughing softly, leaning up while Volux joined her in her laughter. "So, what's it going to be today?" She questioned after she calmed down, still having a glow about her.

"Just two simple honey cakes today. Nothing too big," he responded, mouth watering at the thought of the cakes. They were extremely delicious, one of his favorite pastries. He watched as she wrote it down before disappearing in the back, no doubt to tell her husband of the order. And so the waiting began.

But he didn't wait long, surprisingly. He wondered if her husband was already making the cakes and that's why it took less time for him to receive them. Either way, Volux wasn't complaining at all. He took the two warm cakes that were set inside of a basket made out of flower petals and filled with leaves at the bottom so the cakes could rest on top.

"You don't have to pay for this, by the way. Think of it as a treat from us for always paying us a visit," she informed him when he began to pay, beaming brightly. There were crinkles in her eyes as she smiled at him.

"A-Are you sure? I assure you that I can pay for this."

"Nonsense, Volux! Just enjoy our little gift. From my husband and me to you."

"Alright. Thank you! I'll be sure to remember this next time I'm in the flower field. Maybe I can make you guys something," the fairy suggested before going on his way, saying thank you once more and waving to the shopkeeper, who only waved back.

As he exited the bakery and made his way down the multiple steps before crossing a bridge made out of tree bark, he picked up one of the honey cakes that he was carrying. It was a small, round pastry that was practically drowned in honey. While sticky and messy, it had to be one of the most delectable things. It was also very good with some tea and a good berry or two. The fairy preferred strawberries with it.

As he bit into his cake, he hummed at the deliciousness that bursted oflver his taste buds. While Volux chewed the savory piece, he had caught a glimpse of a small group that was standing in the middle of the village. Curious, he slowed down his walk and watched the group, wondering what all of the hooplah was about. Among the group was a few people he never set his eyes on until now. A small child and a fairy who had blue skin, which was quite interesting, but not totally out of the, well, blue. Biting into his cake again, the ginger teen was straining to hear what was going on. Silently making his way closer, he busied himself with pretending that he was shopping or something so he wasn't suspected. While he was curious, he didn't want to be called over or anything. No, he liked to watch from a distance.
[/dash]​

Alexander

"But I could help you......you could train me! You're so big and strong I want to be like you when I grow up!" Alexander said excitedly as they made their way towards the chief. "Please please please?" He asked, he was about to give the man puppy dog eyes when he realized that was the trait of a thief and he was no thief.

Looking ahead he saw a group of men gathered, they looked important. One day he would be one of those important men keeping the village safe from harm! The young man and the golden fairy man submit to the other other man so he must be the chief! Maybe if I ask him one of his men will train me and I can earn my keep! He thought his mind racing suddenly very excited.

Once they got to the men Tallyan said told the chief his story. Xavier looked at the ground when the satyr mentioned his parents, why hadn't he mentioned they were thieves? Now looked like the perfect opportunity so he said, "um sir Mr. Chief.....can I train to be a guard, I'm really tough and I even fought off a beetle with a stick on my way here!"

Angelo

Before the chief could reply Tallyan came up with the boy. He didn't look like much and his story saddened him, the poor boy's clothes were tattered, but his backpack was in good shape compared to his clothes.He was impressed that the young boy wanted to be helpful and be a guard, maybe he or Tallyan could train him, while he was still a little young he had spunk and he liked that he would need that if he was going to become a guard.

@Kaz @Tart @Jakers

Last edited:
Reactions: PandaChu
Jaycinta 'Jay' Argentum
Jay smiled excitedly as he was given the permission to scout, and nodded to the chief, brushing back a streak of his silver hair.
"Alright!" He said happily, bouncing up and down a little in place; but the presence of others made him feel like he should calm down a little, so Jay cleared his throat and tried to act somewhat more... normal, rather than running off straight away. The blue-skinned man's voice was smooth, and Jay tried to hide his slightly flushed face as he heard the voice at first. There was just something about him... why couldn't Jay put his finger on it?

"Uh... y-you're welcome!" Jay spluttered, and was left looking a little... awkward... before the presence of Tallyan arrived; walking with the small boy people around the village seemed to be talking about. Turning away from the others, Jay waved in greeting to Tally, shooting a curious look to the boy, who seemed eager to get started with training. His dedication bought a smile to Jay's face - fighting off a beetle with a stick? He sure had potential...

"With just a stick? He's stronger than me already, haha!" Jay joked, although there was actually a reasonable chance the kid was actually stronger than Jay. Looking at the boy's rugged clothes, Jay wondered what his story was... but either way, it would be best to welcome him.
"Oh, and welcome to the village, kiddo! I'm Jay, the local bard!" Jay introduced to the boy, then stepped back a little with a smile on his face, wondering if the chief would actually let the boy train as a guard. He certainly had the spunk for the job, but... being a guard was a dangerous job. And speaking of dangerous jobs, Jay figured he should get scouting soon... but he wanted to know a bit more about the two new people first.

Vulas
Vulas was busy discussing the matters with the other men when the satyr approached with the little boy, the subject of the discussion. He explained the trouble with the boy, and Vulas smiled kindly at the Satyr in thanks, and with a nod of his head he turned to look at the small boy. He was rather eager, and the boy's eyes were wide like saucers. "A guard you say? I don't know.." He trailed off in a teasing manner, scratching at his chin as he pretended to ponder upon things. "Well, I don't see why not. I'm sure I can get one of my finest warriors to train you!" Vulas figured he could just assign a gaurd to take him out with him during his guarding hours, when he was watching over a rather safe area. The boy would probably enjoy that. Vulas patted the child's head and then looked at Jay and the satyr, Tallyan. "Thank you for bringing him here. And as for the subject manner for finding him a home, Angelo, I'm sure this woman I have in mind can easily care for the boy. She has taken in many children, and they've grown to be of great importance. Besides, she's wise and already has a child whom the boy can play with." He gave a nod and smiled, looking back at the blue man. "Now, where have you traveled from? You must be tired, from the look of your wings." His eyes darted to look at the blue wings, then back at the male. @Kaz @andrew21234 @Jakers

Reactions: PandaChu and Kaz
, #3c7d1f
oA5xqQY.png

Tallyan nodded as the chief explained that he already had a home in mind for the boy, relieved. "Ahh, yes, about the guard thing. He's been asking rather persistently on the way here... I suppose I wouldn't mind teaching him a thing or two." He suggested, moving his hand to gently ruffle the child's already messy hair. "Though, first things first, he's probably hungry and tired... Definitely needs a bath and new clothes."

, #007ad1
k8yYzgi.png

As the chief turned back to him, Avitell nodded. His wings did have some visible wear-and-tear. Nothing a healer couldn't fix, but it wasn't a priority for the moment. The incessant twitching of the velvety blue fliers probably didn't help the visual. "I've been traveling for a while... The last village to the south was pretty far. I grew up with a pair of travelers, so moving from village to village is simply how I'm used to living... I may stay for a few weeks. I'll be needing directions to the Inn, but in the meantime, is there anything I could help with?"

@andrew21234
@Tart

Reactions: PandaChu and tart.
Angelo
Angelo wasn't so sure, but Vulas's word was law. If Vulas said the old woman could handle the young boy then she could.....hopefully. Angelo was also surprised that Vulas was allowing the boy to be trained, but then again he himself had been trained young, and he was now one of the best guards in the village and the imperial guard. The child had spunk, fighting off a beetle with a stick wasn't that impressive, but for a six year old it wasn't too bad. Tallyan would have to do most of the training as he patrolled the village in the air, and taking the boy up with him could cause trouble incase the boy ever fell out of his grasp.

Alexander
Alexander was surprised that the chief would allow him to train as a guard, never the less he was thrilled. Maybe Tallyan will train me! He's so big and strong I wanna be just like him! he thought to himself. "Thank you so much Mr. Chief......" Alexander knew though that he would have to reveal that his parents had been thieves, Tallyan tried to protect him and he was grateful for that, but if these men were going to train him to be one of them they needed to know the truth. "Um Mr. Chief.....you should probably know....my parents were thieves.....apparently they were quite famous thieves and conartists.....but I'm not!" Alexander said terrified the chief would cast him out of the village for fear he would become like his parents.

@Tart
@Kaz

Spring. A time of hope and merriment. Also the time when brikicel berry juice tastes it's best and makes the worst hangovers.

Triknic slowly pulled herself out of her hammock made of spider silk and clutched her head. "Damn. Slept in." She muttered as she got dressed and viewed her house. Her parents would be turning round in their graves if they saw how cluttered it was. Bottles, creaky floorboards, and dust ruled the place with a iron fist. Triknic exited out the back door and climbed down the latter to wake up Shags, who sleepily opened his eyes and stretched his eight legs. She came to the front where her open air workplace lay to find a group of villagers and two newcomers. She gave Jay, Vulas, and Tallyan a friendly wave and gave the ambitious little kid a respectful nod and a smile. He would make a good warrior, she could just tell. But something stopped her good mood cold, the blue fairy dude. Something about him was off, and it wasn't that her vision was slightly blurred by the hangover. She gave him a cold glance and held it on him as she got to work, grabbing a few blunt swords and pushing them into the fire.

Reactions: Kaz and PandaChu
Irises

Irisa stepped inside the library, and was surprised by how many books there were, considering how small it looked from the outside. She welcomed back the smell of old books and stepped into one of the isles. Picking up an old, worn out book and slid down to the floor.

The first page was covered by a thin layer of dust and she swiped her hand across the top of the page.

The History of the Tinks: A Novel. Ahh. How she loved Tink history books. They were always so captivating. Although she liked fiction books, she found it was more interesting to know about what happened in her world, not a made up character's.

She let out a startled yelp as someone put thin hand on her shoulder. She turned around and saw a plump, silver-haired Elder woman looking at her.

((Mobile posting AGHH.))

Noticing Triknic, Jay cheerfully waved back, watching her get to work on some of the blunt blades. For somebody who often had a hangover around this time of the year, she was a hard worker, and Jay respected her for that.

Jay was about to turn away from the group and head off scouting, when suddenly the elder voice of his father came from behind him.
"Ah, Jay, my boy! I've been looking all over for you!" Jay's father said with delight, his voice a little old and eccentric. Jay winced a little in frustration; he was just about to go scouting, and he hated being called a boy, especially in front of all these people!

Knowing his father would still be wearing the same, rugged brown furs and a pair of dark goggles accompanied by a wild, shaggy mess of brownish-grey hair, Jay decided to excuse himself. His father looked, and most of the time acted, like a mad scientist.

"Ugh... well, I'll see you guys later, better not keep my old man waiting. Hope you two get along okay in the village!" Jay said as cheerily as possible with his crazy-looking father in the background, various potions strapped around his waist by a thick belt. Jay curiously looked at Triknic's cold stare towards the blue man before he turned away... there was something different about him alright... but he was so...

Jay cleared his throat, and sprinted back down the paths, hopping over a stray leaf and skidding next to his father, who had a crazy smile on his face as usual, his dark goggles down.

"Daaad, what is it? I'm like, going scouting soon, so make it quick!" Jay impatiently moaned, tapping his foot.
"Ha! It won't take long, my boy! After weeks in my lab, I've finally come up with what I believe is the perfect concoction! You wouldn't mind if..." Jay's father cleared his throat, adjusting his goggles. Jay rolled his eyes; he knew where this was going.
"Let me guess, you want me to sample it."
"Why, yes! It would be most helpful to my research; trust me, Jay, I'm sure I've got the right mixture this time!"
"The last time you said that, I got turned into a cat-tink for about a week!"
"Oh... Er... I still found a way to bring you back to normal after that, remember!"
"I still had a tail for about two weeks!"
"I-I still fixed that! ...Eventually. Anyway, this is a good one, Jay! I can feel it in my bones, and I'm not just saying it this time...! Go on, one sip. I think you'll like the results...!" Jay's father said temptingly, holding out a small vile of purple liquid. Jay folded his arms and pouted stubbornly at first, but eventually rolled his eyes and gave in, taking the small vial with a sigh.
"Fine. But if this messes me up, go ask Sis to try your weird stuff instead!" Jay muttered, and took a quick sip of the purple liquid. It didn't taste that bad... to be honest, it didn't really taste of anything. Just a sweet water of some kind.

Jay was about to comment on how nothing was happening when he noticed his father clap his hands with a pleased look on his face.

"Excellent! It worked! Thank you, my boy, those results were invaluable!" Jay's father said happily, swiping back the potion bottle and hurriedly hobbling off, leaving Jay standing there confusedly.
"I don't feel any diff - aaand he's gone."
Shrugging, Jay turned around and made his way to the village entrance to go scouting.

Jay hadn't even realised that his father's shenanigans had turned his hair a bright blue colour, and his eyes a peculiar shade of purple.

Finrie Mijkin

Finrie awoke like an otter. She was floating on her back with her slingshot cradled against her chest, and the fish in the pond she had fallen asleep in were nibbling at her toes. Normally she would just roll over, submerge and go back to sleep, but the village was a bit louder than usual today and she wanted to know what was going on.

Launching herself out of the pond, Finrie got into her 'land' clothes, a feather tutu and a yellow leaf top, and started towards the village center. Just by passing through the area, she could tell that no body of water needed her attention and expertise, so she would probably be able to do whatever she wanted today.

"Free day! Free day! I've got a free-ee-ee day!" She sang at the top of her lungs as she skipped through the village, clapping her hands and retaining a gleeful disposition.

Shandy Fierce-foot
Shandy already missed his pack and he had only been gone for a couple of hours. He wanted to go back and apologize for leaving, but he knew that he couldn't live that sort of wolf eat wolf life forever. Besides, during his travels, he had met a merchant who had informed him that there was a nice and welcoming tink village nearby. Shandy hoped that they would accept him there, despite looking like he did. He wondered if he should try and acquire some leather boots he could put on his feet...But that would be horribly uncomfortable.

Finally he reached the entrance of a village (hopefully, the village), and hesitated. He didn't know if he should enter or wait outside for someone to invite him in. It's not like he had much experience living in villages after all.

Last edited:
Winnie
Winnie happily skipped into the field of sunflowers, their lovely and bright petals casting a yellowish tint to the soil underneath her feet. This place was definitely her favorite among the other's, and she always went here when merely bored or seeking adventure. Winnie laughed as she hopped onto a stem nearby, quickly climbing her way up the green structure until reaching the top. She hopped onto a massive petal and laid down, the sun basking upon her pale face as she stared up at the blue sky, the white and fluffy clouds sprinkled throughout the vast blueness. A soft breeze came, and the petal she laid on slightly swayed as her hair blew in the wind, then slowly cascaded back down. Winnie truly was a beautiful little girl, her rosy cheeks and bright honey brown eyes fitting nicely on her pearly white skin. She got the urge to sing, and opened her mouth as lyrics of an old folk song Nanna taught her spilled out, her voice like silk. It echoed throughout the fields of flowers, and blended well with the soft breeze, as if it carried it.
Winnie's Nanna
The old woman glanced up from her desk in the back at the young huntress who entered, and rose a grey eyebrow. She was hidden by several stacks of books, so it wasn't a surprise if the woman hadn't seen her. When the huntress sat down with an old book about the history of the Tinks, she stood and made her way towards her. She placed her hands on the woman's shoulders and leaned down to look at her, offering a small smile as she nodded at her. The old woman's bright green eyes took in the huntresses appearance, and realized this was the Level 1 Newbie the Chief had spoke of. "Greetings young lad, ya found everythin' yer lookin' for?" She spoke with an odd accent, and her voice was shaky, but despise her old lady looks, this elder was very strong and independent. (( I've been thinking, and decided I'll make a short little character sheet for the Nanna. Will be up soon! )) @BlueSkies

Vulas
Vulas looked back at the boy, and smiled as he shook his head. "Alexander, what your parents were will not define you. I know you will be a strong warrior one day. And ah, thank you Tallyan. He indeed is most likely hungry, and a bath is in store. If you take him down to the librarian, the woman I spoke of, she can fix him up." He nodded and watched as Jay ran off, then turned his attention to Angelo. "Angelo, could you please fly over to see how to scouts are coming, and to just see if things are alright? Today's expedition was rather dangerous, and I worry about them." He turned back to Avii, "Well, I'm sure I could lead you there real quick. As for the help, we can discuss that later tonight at the bonfire, when you've had some rest. Now, come, the inn is not too far away." He motioned down the dusty trail, and began to walk towards the inn, a log emptied out. @Kaz @andrew21234

Reactions: PandaChu and Kaz
Alexander
"Th-thank you Vulas for being so nice. I promise I won't disappoint you I'll train really really hard and one day I'll be one of your strongest men!" Alexander said not able to smile. He felt as though he was slowly entering into the group the men had formed as the protectors of the village. Turning to Tallyan he said, "will you really train me?" Wide-eyed with a huge grin on his face.

Angelo
"Yes of course sir," Angelo said bowing his head slightly before taking to the air. He quickly flew off to search for the scouts. As he flew over the village he looked down at the peaceful town with it's inhabitants happily going about their daily business, this made everything he did worth it to Angelo. And with a grin he flapped his wings even harder to get to the scouts quickly.

After a few minutes of flying he found the group of scouts, and by the looks of them today's scouting hadn't gone very well. There were dead rats laying around the men's' feet and so e of the men were laying on the ground with their teammates tending to their wounds. After confirming with the commander they indeed had been attacked by a horde of rats and some of the men had suffered some serious injuries. None of these would be life threatening but if not treated they could become serious.

Angelo had offered to help the men get back to camp but the leader of the group had stated that he should go back to the village and tell the chief what had happened. Just as he was about to leave Angelo noticed movement in the shadows of a tree, almost instantly a rat came rushing toward him and the leader. Angelo's training saved the two of them as he pulled out his imperial guard sword and quickly finished the rat.

Then Angelo said he would accompany the scouts back to the village. The trip back had been uneventful thank fully and after leaving the scouts in the hands of some if the best healers in the village he went to look for the chief.

@Kaz @Tart

Last edited:
, #3c7d1f
oA5xqQY.png

Tally nodded as the chief gave instructions, then looking down to the boy. Seeing the excitement in his grin, the Satyr couldn't help but give a small smile in return. "Yes, of course... You're going to have to take a few days to rest, first, of course." He replied, setting it as a ground rule. There was no way he was going to let the boy just jump right into training, when he had so much going on. It could lead to him associating training or working with escaping your troubles.

"A few days, and when I feel you're ready, we'll begin. Okay? In the mean time, you have to promise to take care of yourself." He continued, leading the boy away from the group and towards the library. The woman Valus spoke of was a nice lady, he knew she'd be good for the unfortunate boy.

, #007ad1
k8yYzgi.png

Feeling eyes on him, Avitell glanced in the direction of Triknic. After a short pause, he returned the cold gaze with a warm smile. There were always one or two that almost immediately seemed suspicious of him. It didn't trouble the thief. Then looking back to Vulas, he nodded. "Ah, yes, thank you." He replied, following the man. In that little gathering, he had met plenty of interesting people. This venture would be an enjoyable one, for sure...

@Crono
@andrew21234
@Tart

"Can it just be one day? I promise I'll rest, and clean myself I know I stink..., I'll eat a good meal and drink plenty of water, please?" Alexander said with another big grin. "I promise I won't get in the way," he added to his new friend.

He really like Tallyan and looked up to him like he was his big brother. He had always wanted a big brother and maybe Talkyan would be his big brother, of course he couldn't just ask him to be his big brother right now, he would have to wait. Then he realized that he would have to leave Tallyan and go live with some old woman. He wanted to live with Tallyan not some old lady! He knew though that for now he would have to stay with the old lady, maybe once they started training he could go and live with Tallyan!

(I love playing this kid haha @Kaz be warned he is going to stick to Tallyan like glue)

Reactions: Kaz and PandaChu
Still oblivious of the strange colour of his hair and eyes, Jay wondered why some of the villagers were giving him strange looks. Were his flies down? No... ah well, didn't matter. He had some scouting to do, after all.

Vaulting over a twig and sprinting down the path at great speeds, it wasn't long before Jay came to the entrance of the village, skidding on the heels of his boots and panting heavily; it didn't take much for Jay to explain to the guards hr was going scouting, and almost instantly sprinted out as access to the outside of the village was granted. Finally... Jay had been waiting afes to scout and explore; it gave him a sense of freedom - a sense of discovery that felt euphoric.

Looking up and wiping his bright blue hair, Jay curiously looked at what looked to be an... animal-like figure at the gate. A four-legged tink, with strong hooves and an impressive, strong body structure. Jay didn't realise centaurs actually existed; he thought his sister only talked about them like they were rumours. But oh no, the proof that they existed was right at the entrance!

Jay snapped out of the open-mouthed, amazed stare he was giving the centaur, and cleared his throat, unsure how to greet the man.
"Oh... Uh... Hello?" Jay said slowly, unsure if the centaur could speak any English.
"Are you here to stay in the village... or..." Jay continued shyly, still amazed at the fact a centaur tink was in front of him, and still not realising how crazy he must have looked like with his bright blue hair and rich, purple eyes.

Irisa smiled at the Elder woman and looked down at the book in her hands.

"Yes, ma'am. I found quite the lovely book to read! And I must say the you have a gorgeous library. Very homey. Do you mind if I take this home?" She held up the book she had picked out, hopeful and nervous.

She thought back to her first time in a library ever and smiled.

A young girl pulled a middle aged male's hand toward a large, two story building. The man chuckled as she skipped up to the grand doors .

"Come on Papa! Lets go get BOOKS! Aren't you excited?" They were almost there, and she was still dancing around.

"Risa, slow down! Silly girl. I can't move like you can. I'm almost an Elder! The library isn't going anywhere." He smiled at her, and they slowed down.

"Sorry, Papa. I'm just excited. This is my first time in a real library! Ohh! What does it smell like?" By now they had reached the staircase and started heading up to the doors.

"Smell? Oh, child. Young Risa." He once again chuckled at her hyperness. They reached the doors and he slowly pushed the door open, holding it for his daughter. As he closed the door he heard a soft gasp from Irises, who was looking at everything in amazement. She thought it was wonderful. It's many bookshelves were carefully organized and lined up against the walls. There was a corner in the back that held two stiff looking couches and a couple of chairs. Behind that was a spiral staircase, and there was a large counter in the middle.

As the man looked around the familiar place, he didn't realize that the young girl had left his side until he looked down to her to ask her a question.

After an hour of searching he finally found her in the second floor lounge area curled up with a heavy book. They left with seven books that were all returned within the next week.

Irisa shook her head and glanced at the kind librarian.

Pachu'a Arl

The village was quite a sight as it ran through the forest endlessly. In the distance, Pachu'a could see the white scales glister on the branch he was on before with Akkon laying there observing him, her tongue wiggling out every few minute. Her blazing red eyes resembling the shine of ruby jewels. Shifting her body, she would then leave her resting spot to go off to satisfy her hunger with some small preys like rats or maybe take a 'nibble' of some birds if she could catch one.

Watching his companion slither off, Pachu'a was left to find his way around alone as many villagers walked past him in a hurry. Some who were brave enough, took a quick glimpse at him before running off frighten. Glancing at the villagers, Pachu'a only let out a silent sigh as he strolled through the village until he saw a group of kids playing together. Looking down at the basket and at the kids, he went up towards them quietly until they finally noticed his presence.

Staring up at Pachu'a, he stared back at them equally until he held out the basket towards them, trying to tell them that they could have it,"Hey mister, why aren't you talking?" One of them asked,"Can we eat this?" Another asked staring at the food with hungry eyes,"Can we have it? I want some mister!" And as the kids grouped around him, Pachu'a felt a bit awkward with their height difference as he was much taller then the kids and bent down to their height to make it more easier for them. Giving the one who asked why he wouldn't speak a pat on the head, he handed the food to them as a small smile formed onto his face but quickly vanished once he was done,"Wah! Thank you mister!""Yummy!""Thank you!" The kids squealed happily giving their thanks to Pachu'a who only gave each child a pat on the head before heading off, waving them goodbye.

Too bad he couldn't find the nursery but he was able to put the food in good use. Walking out of the bustling village and into the quiet unknown, Pachu'a was heading off to have an adventure. Putting on his goggles and placing two fingers onto his lip, he blew out a whistle loud enough for about a mile away as it echoed until a sound of hissing could be heard. Responding to his call was a butterfly as it fluttered down to make a landing. Patting the butterflies back, Pachu'a saddled the butterfly up so he could catch a ride on its back.

Jumping onto the back of the butterfly, Pachu'a gave a gentle kick and with that, the butterfly set off into the air with Pachu'a being its guide. Fluttering around, Pachu'a was about to head over to the river nearby to take a dip until the sound of a voice hit his ear. Commanding the butterfly to a halt, he tried to find the source of the singing but he couldn't see anyone around until he saw from a distance a field of sunflowers. Getting a closer look, he saw what looked to be a child sitting on one of the petals while singing a soothing melody.

Her song was captivating almost pulling Pachu'a into a daze but he quickly regain conscious and without hesitation, approached the girl. Landing onto the sunflower, Pachu'a hopped off and kept a safe distance just in case if the girl was frighten by his sudden arrival. Holding out his hand, Pachu'a tried to communicate in sign language with the child, his hands saying,"It's dangerous to be here alone." But if it failed, he would then go to plan B, using gestures to communicate with the child even if it made him look like an idiot. The struggle being mute was tough.

@Tart

At the smile Tricnik's gaze only became colder. While she still had his eyes on her she removed a sword from the flames, rested her elbow on her anvil, and pointed it at him while mouthing the words 'watch yourself.' She then took the hot sword to her grindstone and began to sharpen it. She muttered some rather nasty words under her breath in Italian as she pulled out the other three blades so they wouldn't get too hot. That guy meant trouble, she hadn't even spoke to him or interacted in any way to justify this not to mention was slightly intoxicated but he meant trouble. The village was very open and welcoming, sometimes too open and welcoming. They had enough trouble as it was, with that creep Mirc runing around.

Reactions: Kaz and BlueSkies
Winnie
Winnie continued to sing, her voice gaining more confidence yet still held the soft innocent and child like tone to it. She sat up and the breeze made her soft hair billow around her, landing back onto her back and cascading down her shoulders. She looked to her side as the petal shifted some, and was amazed at the sight before her, with a male on the back of a gorgeous butterfly. He hopped off and moved closer towards her, and Winnie stood up and backed away a bit. Her shyness was obvious, and her nickname around the village, Rabbit, was quite obvious as of now. Her honey brown eyes flickered over to his hand, and quickly got the message he had behind the movements. She had often done this with her Nanna when the old woman would play with her in the field, and they'd pretend they were spies. Winnie moved forward a bit, her faun like ears twitching a bit and brushing against her small antlers. She nodded, and took the male's hand as she flashed a small smile up at the much taller man. "I've become very familiar with this field, and I told Nanna I was here. Besides, I don't see any harm near." Her doe like eyes looked up into his, blinking innocently as her dress softly swayed in the breeze. Her silky hair was braided in the front, and the rest blew with the wind carelessly, and she was barefoot. Her rosy cheeks against her porcelain skin were very visible, but it was nice and fit her adventurous yet shy personality nicely. "I assume you can't talk, with the hand language and all, but I can understand some things." @PandaChu
Winnie's Nanna
The old woman gave a toothy grin and let go of the huntresses shoulders, walking around to sit in front of her. "Yes ye lad, just sign this form n' all will be well." The woman grabbed a piece of parchment and a wooden pencil, sliding them both across the table for the female to sign. "I take it ye like to read, don'tcha? Maybe I'll see ya round here more often if ye do." The old woman gave a nod and stood up again to straighten up some piles of books and organize. The library was medium sized, and was dimly lit with candles as a fire crackled in the back, casting a warm and homey atmosphere in the small area. Books were loaded in the shelves and stacked on tables, and the whole place smelled of parchment paper and old books. It was a place for many, and the old woman welcomed all. @BlueSkies
Vulas
Vulas walked down the dusty path with Avii at his side, and he pointed out some shops that may be of importance to him. "Ah, and over there is a little shop that sells some nice clothes or traveling goods." The villagers waved at the two as they walked, and whispered some as they wondered as to who the chief was showing around. The shop keepers were yelling out in boisterous voices as they announced their daily sales, and some women walked around carrying handmade baskets that held all sorts of Tinkish berries and vegetables. Vulas gave a nod at every one, then looked back at Avii. "How do you like the village so far?" He chuckled a bit. @Kaz