Life On The Sreet

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I smile under my hood at the girls fire...she was eager to prove herself... this is a Good trait.
"Good, in fact I have a little test arranged for you tomorrow.. for now go and I'll give you the night to decide what you want. If you wish to accept my offer meet me at noon tomorrow at the Red Ribbon... if you need help finding it simply ask Ignatius... but say anything about meeting me or anything about why you're going there and I'll be forced to kill either him or you. Think well about this Indie... once you join the shadows... there's no going back." with those words I walk to the edge of the building and jump confidently off the edge. When Indie looks to see me I'm nowhere to be seen at the bottom or on the street.

Indie looked down and she's gone. "Is she dead or..." She forgot all about her last jump, and jumped off the building.

Halfway down Indie has no idea why she jumped or how she's going to survive this. "Blow this," she sighed, tugging off the rag and hoping it would turn magically into a parachute.

Which it obviously doesn't. Indie landed on the ground with a large smack, and she bled from a lot of cuts. "Argh. Note to self: practice," as she walked around dizzily trying to remember what the hell she was doing and why the hell she was here and who the hell she was.

"Oh hell."

CJvG75QYMuobZ69OWpCv2nrPZqQRFt_fU9ax7aecrEM=s166-no

Ignatius looked up, surprised by Ever's words. "You mean like, now now? I'd willingly teach you, but... I mean, it's not something you can learn in just a day or a week... it takes months and months of practice before you'll be able to protect yourself from even common street criminals..." he stopped, looking at her. There was something different in her eyes. They were... clearer. Angry, almost. Determined. Ah, yes. That was the word.

He sighed, shedding his coat. Ignatius's upper body was tough and wiry and his shoulders riddled with scars, and though his ribs were visible against his tight tank top, his lean muscles were the paragon of street fighting. The bruises glowed purple against his pale skin. There was a burlap sack lying in the corner of the room, filled with cotton and scraps of cloth and beans and sand as a makeshift punching bag. Attaching it to the low ceiling, it swayed quietly in the glow of the illuminated water bottle.

"Alright. We'll begin right now. You're still gonna do fitness every single day, though," he added defensively, "that's not changing, no matter what. You are not going to fight if you can help it."

"Ready? We'll do punches first." He demonstrated a few jabs in front of her, not yet punching at the burlap sack, his punches so fast they were nearly invisible."You gotta keep your fists closed but not clenched. Never clench your fist unless you want dislocated fingers and broken bones. Close to your face, arms bent at less than ninety degrees. I personally like it when the top of my fists face my cheekbones, but you can find your own style." He showed her, pivoting and shifting his weight from foot to foot. "The key," he said, as his fist shot out and back to his body, seemingly effortless, "is staying light on your feet and to use your hips. Snap them sideways. The arm that punches is the hip that moves forward. The force travels up from your feet and your hips to your arm and--" turning suddenly, his fist connected with the swaying sack, "bam. Right in the kisser. Otherwise, bounce on the balls of your feet. You want to be able to move back quickly if your enemy strikes out"

The bag swung sharply upwards and collided into the ceiling. Had it been a real person, at least three ribs would have broken on impact. Ignatius had never punched anyone that hard before, and he didn't plan on doing it. Unless it was that girl. But he doubted she would let him within range. With her weight, a punch like that would've driven her back a good ten feet. "Don't punch that hard. Not only will you hurt your hand- I've got calluses, so I'm somewhat better off- but if you punch like that, you're punching to kill. Never kill. Only incapacitate. This is how I want you to punch." Directing his attention to the punching bag again, he let loose a barrage of swift jabs and punches that made it quiver and tremble so hard, it became a blue. "I need you to get somewhat close to that speed before we move on to kicking. The reason why I'm only teaching you jabs for now is because you're a girl. You're built to be lighter and quicker and faster. You are not gonna throw any knockout punches. You need to hit your enemies fast and hard. Now, show me what you got." He raised his hands, open palms facing Ever, and nodded. "Go ahead. Punch as hard and fast as you can."

((This is a coincidence really xD I do martial arts, so all these things I'm saying are like, actual tips that you should keep in mind. But seriously, never fight when you can run. BUT IF YOU GUYS GET INTO FISTFIGHTS, KEEP THESE TIPS IN MIND OKAY I SWEAR THEY'LL HELP))

She saw a face she recognised, and then it vanished. What the hell was happening? "Am I..." She tried to push that thought to the back of her mind.

And then someone walked into her. "Thank you."

She began half walking, half-dragging her feet towards the church. She hoped that someone would be there to remind her what she was doing.

She could remember...jumping. And Red Ribbon. Automatically, she knew something was wrong. "Who am I?"

I see Indie and swear loudly at her in my mind that idiot. I sneak over to her and easily lift her up in my arms. I look around and run into the nearest alley. I run through the maze of alleyways and find myself at a brick wall. I lay her down and push part of the wall hard it sinks into the wall and I slide it aside to reveal a secret entrance. I pick up the girl and carry her through the entrance. I close the brick wall entrance making sure it's seamless. I pick up the girl again and carry her to a room with a bed which I lay her on. I walk across the hall to a cabinet and open it to reveal a hospitals worth of medical supplies. I grab the necessary supplies and return to the room. I clean her cuts and scrapes and bandage them. Next, I grab a syringe and inject her with a special medicine that prevents the brain from sustaining serious injury (it was extremely expensive I'll have you know).
I make sure Indie is sleeping and make sure her breathing and heart beat were regular. I see she'll live and then walk out of the room.
I go to the kitchen and fetch an apple to eat.

Indie struggled. Then she relaxed. Then she just wanted to die. Then she wanted to kill.

Then WHY WERE PEOPLE BANDAGING HER SO MUCH?! Before something poked her and...

She fell asleep.

Jolting upright she found herself in a room. "Oh. Oh no." She started punching the wall, hoping it would open...she should really stop believing in magic...before just opening the door.

"Why did I...argh hell, I did it again didn't I?" She really should just climb down instead of jumping off roofs. "You're a bad influence on my brain." She didn't say me. Ever.

I see Indie, still wearing my hood, and look at her.
"What were you thinking it takes years of training to survive a jump like that. You need to realize that people don't become as skilled as me instantly. You are lucky I saw you or you would have been far worse. You are welcome to spend the night here if not ill have to blindfold you to keep the location of this base unknown.

"Give me the credit of the fact I'm confident enough to practically commit suicide," Indie replied calmly. "I've done worse." She smirked a little at the idiotic mind that took her body anywhere it wanted. Her brain should defeat her imagination, but with no education, she didn't.

I chuckle and look at the girl she would be more work than I thought. But I sensed plenty of potential for her once she had gained the patience and persistence she'd need.
"You have a point,but next time think before you act. You need to learn how to process information and figure out how to proceed into a situation based on the information available. It takes practice and patience but you can learn many things from me. Of course that's if you decide to accept my offer, " I say calmly.

"I wasn't acting, buddy, I was actually being," Indie can't stop herself joking and messing around. She loved practicing things, and she had patience...just not the brain part.

Ever took in every word that Ignatius was saying, studying the moves that he showed her with interest. She was amazed at the power behind his punches and how lithe he was. His movements reminded her of a panther. His body language was smooth and calculating, and yet he wasn't holding back. She pushed the analogy out of her mind and refocused on Ignatius. He raised his hands, palms out. She mimicked his stance that he had held when he was showing her with the punching bag, her fists brushing her cheekbones. She threw an experimental punch into his palm with her right hand, moving her right hip forward as well. It felt weird, probably because she had never fought before, but it felt like the right thing to do.

"I've never fought before," Ever said thoughtfully while she continued to hit his hands, being careful to move her body in the right way. "My older brother boxed though. Where did you learn how to fight like this?"

I chuckle at her you will acquire the skills with time. Tomorrow is your test... if you choose to accept the offer you will meet me at noon tomorrow at the Red Ribbon entrance, if not you can go.Either way I'll have to blind fold you when you leave and then take you far enough away from here before I will remove the blindfold.

Indie went pale. When blindfolded you can't see, and if you can't see you don't know. And if you don't know you fall. Indie nodded. "What is the Red Ribbon?"

Ignatius watched as she jabbed back and forth into his palms, nodding every so often to encourage her. "You're doing pretty well for a beginner, then. Your instincts aren't bad," he complimented her and chuckled. "Throw out your hip just a little bit more-- yep, that's it. I know it feels really weird at first, but it'll become second nature. Everything hurts a lot more when you put your whole body into it. If you're just punching with your shoulders and arms, like most people do, you're more likely to hurt yourself than hurt the other person." His body shook every once in a while, jarring slightly as her fists met his palms.

"Where'd I learn to fight? Navis taught me, of course. He was my mentor. And he was more a father than my real father ever was. He taught me everything I know." Ignatius grinned, proud that he had learned his trade and skills from the best thief and noblest man he'd ever met. "He was good at everything. He never told me much about his past, but I think he was from a rich family... he learned various forms of martial arts when he was around our age, but he barely ever used them. The moves I'm going to teach you is adapted to street fighting. At least, that what Navis taught me. He kinda just combined Chinese kung fu, aikido, wingchun, and karate tactics into one big fighting technique sorta thing. They're the lighter martial art forms... unlike judo and taekwondo, which is usually practiced by bigger people. For skinny, light, and usually starving people like you and me, we pretty much have to dance in and out of reach of the heavy people."

He let her punch a bit more, then said, "I'm gonna show you a basic block. Punch me." The next time her fist shot out, he crossed his forearms, right over left, and caught her arm nimbly between his wrists, then twisted his right hand around and grabbed her wrist, pulling her towards him and off balance as his other hand shot out. He stopped just before his hand impacted her stomach, and caught her before she fell, standing her up again. "That was the first block I ever learned," he grinned. "Wanna try?"

I laugh it's a little not very well kept secret. It's a place where men and women go for a night of fun with other men and women. You'll be surprised when you find out who works there.

"Of course." She said nodding eagerly and smiling at Ignatius. She shook out her hands slightly, ignoring the soreness in her knuckles. She was already feeling sore, but it was a good feeling. She hadn't worked this hard in a long time. Sweat beaded on her forehead as she attempted to copy the movement that he did. "You seem to really admire Navis. Tell me more about him. Where is he now?"

(Sorry it's so short! I'm so sick today!! Ah!!)

Indie frowned a little. Why would she wanted her there? Either way, she couldn't spend long here. She had to get to the church. Everybody was teaching her how to steal now, like she was important. Still. One gave her food. The other gave her revenge.

Either way, Indie was doing something right.

Ignatius froze. "He's... he's dead." His voice turned miserable as he lowered his hands, sitting down heavily on one of the beds. "He died just two years ago. He wasn't murdered, but... I don't know, I've always suspected that he was, even though I've got no proof. And it wasn't her, because that's what I thought at first, but it was too planned to be her. I've known him since I was five. He found me in the snow, half dead and frostbitten, and he brought me here and fixed me up. He literally taught me everything I know. How to climb rooftops, self-defense, the knowledge of the streets... he was a thief, but he was a kind person. Never stole from anyone who couldn't afford it. He gave food to the local urchins all the time."

He looked down at his hands, studying the scars and roughed fingerpads, callused from years of use. "I want to be like him. I give kids like the old me a chance at life."

EDIT: ((OY, GET BETTER D; AND DON'T POST TIL YOU ARE! GET SOME REST))

Last edited by a moderator:
I look at her oh and there's something else about this you need to consider. If you accept to train under me... you can't train with Ignatius. I'll feed you don't worry about that and you'll be allowed to sleep in the bases I have around the city. But I can't allow you to train with me and him it's too much of a risk. Info could be leaked and that simply cannot be allowed to happen.

"So I don't stick around and find his bases," Indie raised her eyebrows in a way that said 'Didn't think of that, did you?' She was fine with not having to learn but it'd be nice if she did. After all, if she knew from two of the top in the city...wouldn't she be pretty amazing?

Status
Not open for further replies.